Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932016 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They were going down earlier in anticipation of Obama's speech but started going up when they realized he gave them two years before anything happens. With luck Congress will have reined in the EPA by then.
Looked more like the typical post-lunch lull. The broader indices did too, happens almost every day. Obama isn't nearly as all-powerful as y'all give him credit for. Bernanke, that's a different story.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932017 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point that Galt wants to negotiate coverage with an insurance provider without the government dictating the elements of that coverage.
So you can "negotiate" it down to where I have to pay for it again?

Terrific!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932018 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuclear power has become increasingly concentrated in a few companies.
Its become very diverse, FP&L owns a nuke in Iowa, Cal Edison owns a share of Palo Verde in AZ. All of the big guys want a balanced portfolio.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932019 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the more confusing things about "conservatives", they think its socialism if they have to dig into their own wallets instead of mine.
That was void of an answer to the comment

Americans (without a political affiliation) are upset about the higher cost of premiums and increase of out of pocket expenses.

Any on topic comments?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932020 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, the charts are still there ya know right? I don't see any activity that pivots around 2 PM and every energy stock I've looked at since the speech is up.
I'm not so sure that's what I said yesterday.
You stated yesterday the DOW was doing great and then it tanked in the last two hours.

What chart are you claiming to be using?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932021 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can "negotiate" it down to where I have to pay for it again?
Terrific!
We were paying for own Health Care prior to Obamacare.

I don't think your point is valid.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#932022 Jun 25, 2013
What a failure this guy has been...... Chasing radical dreams....... Enjoy death before you can retire...... He is sucking your money away....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932023 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can "negotiate" it down to where I have to pay for it again?
Terrific!
Why would you, or anyone, have to pay for my medical care?

If Galt had to purchase insurance outside a group, Galt would buy a high deductible policy that would rarely ever have a claim, except in extraordinary circumstances. Galt would pay cash up to the deductible.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932024 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That was void of an answer to the comment
Americans (without a political affiliation) are upset about the higher cost of premiums and increase of out of pocket expenses.
Any on topic comments?
Any data to support your premise? My insurance hasn't gone up.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932025 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I've looked at more than a dozen of the biggest energy stocks and all are up.
Here is SPDR-Energy one of the largest energy stocks out there.

http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investpl...

It was tanking as Flack said until the stock market realized Obama was delaying taking action and placing main focus on coal.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932026 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated yesterday the DOW was doing great and then it tanked in the last two hours.
What chart are you claiming to be using?
That isn't how it happened, perhaps you should consult a 3 day chart and have another look. The tanking started at the open.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932027 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its become very diverse, FP&L owns a nuke in Iowa, Cal Edison owns a share of Palo Verde in AZ. All of the big guys want a balanced portfolio.
Let's say the operation has become more concentrated.

Power companies have had so many mergers and so many name changes in recent years that it's tough to keep track. Add that to the fact that some plants have always had multiple owners, some with tiny percentages. So, if a utility owns 2% of a nuclear plant, are they a nuclear utility?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932028 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Looked more like the typical post-lunch lull. The broader indices did too, happens almost every day. Obama isn't nearly as all-powerful as y'all give him credit for. Bernanke, that's a different story.
No way you say the mid-morning dip is stocks was due to hunger.

I am using stocks identified as gainers for this year.
Gulfport Energy Corp. GROOP

http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investpl...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932029 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
We were paying for own Health Care prior to Obamacare.
I don't think your point is valid.
We were?

Medicare/medicaid recipients and the uninsured who didn't pay their bills (lots of emergency room use there) and who's costs were passed on to you and me were paying for their own healthcare before Obamacare?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932030 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't how it happened, perhaps you should consult a 3 day chart and have another look. The tanking started at the open.
You were the one making the claim that the stocks were having a come back yesterday and someone or another was wrong just before it tanked.

That is the way the stock market is.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#932031 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the more confusing things about "conservatives", they think its socialism if they have to dig into their own wallets instead of mine.
When income is arbitrarily taken from my wallet for the sole purpose of putting it in yours, that IS socialism.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932032 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated yesterday the DOW was doing great and then it tanked in the last two hours.
What chart are you claiming to be using?
Open 14,805 @ 9:30
Low 14,552 @ 11:30
Close 14,660 @ 16:00

It dropped 229 points in the first hour of trading and was off 145 for the day.

I think that what I said yesterday was that the market had made its correction last week and that Monday was just a reaction to the situation in China. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#932033 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally ignorant or misinformed about the power industry here and in China.
"John Galt"
"real dimb" is totally ignorant and misinformed about the power industry and everything else he comments on.
Peace

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932034 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you, or anyone, have to pay for my medical care?
If Galt had to purchase insurance outside a group, Galt would buy a high deductible policy that would rarely ever have a claim, except in extraordinary circumstances. Galt would pay cash up to the deductible.
Because we pay for people who don't pay with higher costs. We also compete with tens of millions of healthcare customers who have no stake in limiting their care because the government pays for it. During the debate the teabagger crowd was demanding the government write a blank check to pay for some theoretical granny's hip replacement cutely labeling the practice of limiting coverage "death panels".
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932035 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, your spots haven't changed.
Can't point out the 7 services son.

Pity. Here I thought you could prove me wrong about your lack of intelligence.

Seems you can't.. or are too lazy... or both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,012
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 8 min Always Smile 83
Scots, Scottish Americans in Chicago brace for ... 10 min James 2
Dear Abby 9-17-14 14 min Mister Tonka 8
Protests Continue After Chicago Police Shoot 3r... 21 min reality is a crutch 1
Amy 9-17-14 23 min Mister Tonka 10
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Who 46,625
Amy 9-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 49
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr anonymousdoom 98,215
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••