Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#932284 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Three Gorges Dam is an environmental disaster that could never be approved in the US. In fact, it is doubtful that any new hydropower project could be approved in the US.
China's coal-fired power plants generally lack emissions controls on sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, which were being installed on US plants until Obama killed the industry.
Even if the US shuts down every coal-fired plant in the country, the new plants constructed in China will overwhelm any reduction in greenhouse gases.
And even more jobs will flee to China.
Thanks, Barack.
Because of the world's prevailing wind currents, China's air pollution travels to the U.S.

Japan's radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster has drifted here, too, for example. And the flotsam from the tsunami!

California air/water quality monitors have been reporting this.

So air and water currents are bringing pollution from China over to America's West Coast. It is ironic (to me, at least) that America's Left Coast of eco-purists, tree-huggers and the wine-and-croissant Magic Negro airheads are going to get sh it on by China's Coal Economy while the Boy Messiah trash's America's economy by attacking the cleanest coal producers on the planet....

It makes the head spin to witness this type and intensity of stupidity from Liberal Land....

Liberals are responsible for the simultaneous crying and nervous laughter across the cold dark nights in America today.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#932285 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare covers only 80% of costs, so a supplemental plan is essential.
HMO plans are worthless, whether employer plans or Medicare Advantage. Only fools select this option. Bangladesh medicine.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#932286 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Mick Jagger dissed Obama during a DC concert in reference to the NSA. "I don't think President Obama is here tonight, but I'm sure he's listening in."
The mention of Obama's name elicited boo's from the audience. Obama has lost the people's trust. And no one knows what's going on with Obamacare.
Think it's the other party on its last leg.
If Mick ever did a White House concert, I'm sure he'd play "Get Off Of My Cloud" right to the Magic Negro's face.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#932287 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg your pardon?
Neither am I ignorant or a racist. And certainly not an ass.
The Voting Rights Act is outdated. The Southern states are no longer the predominantly Democratic racist states they once were in 1965.
Time to let go of the past. Only Democrats want to cling to it for dear life. The race card is their ace in the hole for the black vote.
Voting may become more fair and honest now for the first time in 50 years.

Eric Racist Holder and his Clown Boss are very upset because this means that their "Chicago Style" politics can't be applied any longer. They are losing control of their Shell Games and Race Cards.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932288 Jun 25, 2013
The New York Times reported a few weeks ago "The rise in the surface temperature of earth has been markedly slower over the last 15 years than in the 20 years before that."

A "warming plateau" like in the 1950s to the 1970s "which scientists do not fully understand either."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/science/ear... ;

Looks like Obama told another fib today.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932289 Jun 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mick ever did a White House concert, I'm sure he'd play "Get Off Of My Cloud" right to the Magic Negro's face.
Sometimes I feel like tuning out until some measure of sanity returns again.

This president and his administration are a circus.

Never thought I'd miss Bill Clinton. But remembering his bold statement in his State of the Union Address, "The era of big government is over!", makes me feel nostalgic, ironically enough.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#932290 Jun 25, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Veteran Representative Edward Markey of Massachusetts on Tuesday won the U.S. Senate seat vacated by John Kerry and helped Democrats maintain their majority in the chamber.
Markey claimed victory in a post on his official campaign Twitter page, saying: "Thank you Massachusetts! I am deeply honored for the opportunity to serve you in the United States Senate."
Local cable news station NECN said Markey secured 54 percent of the vote with 87 percent of districts reporting.
The win caps a campaign that Markey began in December, shortly after President Barack Obama said he wanted to appoint Kerry U.S. Secretary of State.
Nice!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932291 Jun 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting may become more fair and honest now for the first time in 50 years.
Eric Racist Holder and his Clown Boss are very upset because this means that their "Chicago Style" politics can't be applied any longer. They are losing control of their Shell Games and Race Cards.
He was a bit miffed. Made me feel very happy.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932292 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that what you people want for America son?
After all, scrubbers make electricity more expensive. And what greedy corporation cares about the environment when capitalism is the god you bow to?
And you were the big rally cryers for nuclear as well.
And even with 'drill, baby, drill,' we still export gasoline.
amazing.
Your electric and gas bills are going to go higher.

No one bows to capitalism. When capitalism is unchecked, there can be a few problems. But everyone bows to communism - or else.

Just ask conservatives who were questioned gestapo-style about their book club reading material and what they said in their prayers because they didn't bow to this administration. Sounds very KGB to me.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932293 Jun 25, 2013
At least Obama's back to face the music, and he's trying as hard as he can to change the tune.

He's playing an oldie but a goodie - global warming - trying to drown out the economy, the numerous scandals, China and Russia poking him in the eye, and the "train wreck that's coming."

You'd think he would have picked any one of the more contemporary "top 10 hits" in his first public appearance that everyone else is singing.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932295 Jun 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided a link. You can go back and find it.
However, it is a FACT that coal plants are the most polluting of all power stations.
Depends how one defines "polluting."

Modern coal fired plants remove particulates, sulfur oxides, and nitrogen oxides.

One could easily argue that solar power plants cause far more permanent damage to the environment because of the vast amounts of land involved and their frequent location in desert areas that have very fragile ecosystems that cannot recover once disturbed.

Wind turbines also have significant environmental effects, including killing large numbers of protected bird species.

And the negative effects of hydropower projects such as the Three Gorges Dam in China are obvious.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932296 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg your pardon?
Neither am I ignorant or a racist. And certainly not an ass.
The Voting Rights Act is outdated. The Southern states are no longer the predominantly Democratic racist states they once were in 1965.
Time to let go of the past. Only Democrats want to cling to it for dear life. The race card is their ace in the hole for the black vote.
Just like cons and the elimination of the Glass-Steagal Act.

And look what devastation that wrought.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932297 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Montreal Protocol relates to halogenated hydrocarbons, not carbon emissions.
You wouldn't know what the Montreal Protocol was unless I told you. It was one of Ronald Reagan's few great foreign policy successes. Here is why banning hydroflurocarbons are crucial to climate change mitigation.--> http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/alin/why_ph...

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932298 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your electric and gas bills are going to go higher.
No one bows to capitalism. When capitalism is unchecked, there can be a few problems. But everyone bows to communism - or else.
Just ask conservatives who were questioned gestapo-style about their book club reading material and what they said in their prayers because they didn't bow to this administration. Sounds very KGB to me.
lol! Actually, no son. They're not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932299 Jun 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.
Galt has always had the option of employer-sponsored fee-for-service plans, or HMO plans at lower premiums. Galt has always opted for the higher-priced plan to provide easier access to more qualified medical personnel.

HMO plans are cheaper for one reason...denial of services.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932300 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your electric and gas bills are going to go higher.
No one bows to capitalism. When capitalism is unchecked, there can be a few problems. But everyone bows to communism - or else.
Just ask conservatives who were questioned gestapo-style about their book club reading material and what they said in their prayers because they didn't bow to this administration. Sounds very KGB to me.
Few problems? You were bitching and moaning about the housing bubble and you call it a few problems?

Same with the banks?

You sure are way off base.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932302 Jun 25, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass douchebag Hussein Oblamer wants to put thousands of coal miners out of work.
Jobs??? We don't need no steenking jobs!!! B. Hussein Oblamer
F ing idiot hasn't created 1 non government job.
It's not the government's job to create jobs. Neither is it the government's job to inhibit jobs or freeze hiring by big government intrusion. That's where Obama gets into trouble. And why we're where we are.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932303 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends how one defines "polluting."
Modern coal fired plants remove particulates, sulfur oxides, and nitrogen oxides.
One could easily argue that solar power plants cause far more permanent damage to the environment because of the vast amounts of land involved and their frequent location in desert areas that have very fragile ecosystems that cannot recover once disturbed.
Wind turbines also have significant environmental effects, including killing large numbers of protected bird species.
And the negative effects of hydropower projects such as the Three Gorges Dam in China are obvious.
lol! You should talk to mdbuilder about killing spotted owls.

Doesn't give a rip.

And he's one of 'your' people.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932304 Jun 25, 2013
JBH wrote:
-------It's time to pull out the "Squirrel!" strategy again. Like China and Russia are going to go along with a global warming agenda. It's absolutely pointless unless these two countries as well as India are on board. China and Russia and playing Obama like a violin. Don't think they're all that concerned with Obama's global warming agenda. Talk about grabbing at straws. But this president is desperate to get his base chasing squirrels again.
==========
Except the Russians don't play with squirrels, as they teach the Chinese how to play the violin because Russians do better in musical instruments and ballet.
Once again, since Chairman Mao admired Russia's Stalin to seek as master for radicalism revolution in those days, these days the Chinese might seek the Russians to teach them to drone back and defeat US drones of violating rules of laws, if US dares to use spy like Fogle again to hunt for information of Snowden.
Since Russians don't play with rabbits, squirrels or sand marbles, but the surveying using their fast jets of possible drone activation that China might be interested to be trained by Russians to implement the International law, while playing the role of climate change agenda.
You still don't get it. It doesn't matter what Russia and China think of President Obama's climate change plan, climate change is devastating their countries and to act as if everything is 'normal' dooms them to catastrophic consequences. Nations do understan what's in their self-interest and climate suicide isn't it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932305 Jun 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You wouldn't know what the Montreal Protocol was unless I told you. It was one of Ronald Reagan's few great foreign policy successes. Here is why banning hydroflurocarbons are crucial to climate change mitigation.--> http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/alin/why_ph...
Not gonna bother with your link because this has absolutely nothing to do with power plants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 3-26 1 min Sublime1 53
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min GayleWood 51,858
Word (Dec '08) 30 min _Zoey_ 5,146
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 31 min _Zoey_ 5,810
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 185,837
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 69,291
Dear Prudence 3-27-15 2 hr Kuuipo 8
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]