Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931922 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> as Tenzing said they are a Navy. Created by Alexander Hamilton in 1790.
lol!'A Navy?'

You mean the Constitution is allowing for MORE than one?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931923 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, pointing out the info you were seeking is readily available.
Then go find it son. You seem to be full of yourself with intelligence on the issue.

Man up for a change. You might find it refreshing.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#931924 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dodge of what the topic was?
The topic was did Obama called Benghazi a terrorist attack.
Yes, I as an informed citizen knew that Benghazi was an act of terror long before sending in my absentee ballot. It had no bearing whatsoever on my vote.

Did it effect yours?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931925 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution grants the authority to "raise armies" not maintain them in perpetuity.
Navy yes, Army no. Kind of clear since there is that distinction.
Yep.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931926 Jun 25, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Marine Corps is a component of the United States Department of the Navy, often working closely with naval forces for training, transportation, and logistics; however, the Marine Corps is a separate branch.
Yep.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931927 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I have no criminal record so you still have a lot of explainin' to do
Like so much of what you post son, it's your opinion.

And that's fine. Apparently that's all you have.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#931928 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, your Party's riding a dead horse. This is much worse than the standard metaphor of "beating a dead horse" in that they actually believe they're getting somewhere.
You have beat that "dead horse" meme to death.

There will always be two parties as long as the US remains a democracy. The way it should be.
LNC Llin

United States

#931929 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The percentage of people who consider birth control the same as abortion is more than likely in the one to low two-digit range.
Even devout Catholics use birth control.
Hope that's not the best argument you have.
The abortion argument divides the republican party with Libertarians being more liberal than liberals?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#931930 Jun 25, 2013
I see the loony left wingers are in full melt down again. What did obama do this time?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#931931 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, its her body therefore her choice.
I know how much you Republicans hate letting individuals make their own choices and take responsibility for the consequences of those choices but that's just how a free society's supposed to work.
Having the government make all your personal decisions is not "less government".
I know what the law demands, but, the child is as much an individual as she is and as deserving of the right to life.
It's too bad these consequences you speak of inevitably befalls the child. Freedom ends on the clinic's floor for a million babies a year in America, and all you can say is c'est la vie. That's cold.

Location hidden

#931932 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
An large increase in energy prices is a joke to you?
That shows a partisan attitude that is destructive.
Not at all, I work in the Energy sector.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931933 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm looking at it within the context of the wording of the Constitution, the Coast Guard fits within the meaning.
It doesn't since it wasn't a self defense force. It's original function was lighthouses, lifesaving and near waterway navigation.
LNC Llin

United States

#931934 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What eludes them is Bush "inherited" a recession after the dot-com bubble burst. The same dot-com bubble Clinton capitalized on and, luckily, was able to exit the stage before it went boom.
So Bush basically got stuck with the dot-com crash and 9/11 right after Clinton said, "Exit stage right!" like Snagglepuss.
Your problem is a divided Republican party with the RINO tag from the comic book wing of your party.

Obama got Osama Bin Lauden, Benghazi is over and the IRS is going nowhere.

Sooner of later you may have to face the divisions within your own party rather than hoping that a few scandals will surfice.
LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#931935 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution grants the authority to "raise armies" not maintain them in perpetuity.
Navy yes, Army no. Kind of clear since there is that distinction.
for no more than two years. So they renew it every year.

Location hidden

#931936 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I have no criminal record so you still have a lot of explainin' to do
I think he uses "con" 'cause "dipshit" is just too long an abbreviation for modern "conservatives" (in quotes 'cause y'all haven't got a clue what the word means).
LNC Llin

United States

#931937 Jun 25, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
The sad fact is this White House has never cared much about our national security or protecting us from our deadliest enemies. Yet it goes on the warpath against any reporter who might publish leaks that might make it look bad — just ask James Rosen of Fox News. Indeed, it has prosecuted more federal whistleblowers than all previous administrations combined.
The pattern is appallingly clear: Under Obama, real whistleblowers get nailed to the wall, while those who threaten our national security get a pass, starting with Julian Assange. He’s the one who engineered the WikiLeaks scandal, releasing loads of classified and highly sensitive data about our nation’s diplomacy and our war on terror — much of it actionable intelligence for our nation’s foes, including al Qaeda. Under an Eisenhower or a Reagan, Assange would have been the late WikiLeaker.
Instead, he was allowed to wander the globe virtually scot free and is now happily ensconced in London at the Embassy of Ecuador, where we have an extradition treaty but where a Marxist government has given Assange safe haven — and where he is reportedly helping Snowden get the same deal.
Meanwhile, the trial of the Army tech who helped Assange drags on with no end in sight.
The leaking of classified data with impunity doesn’t stop there. It goes straight to the White House itself. Who can forget how the Obama national-security team leaked news that it had helped Israel launch a computer virus into Iran’s nuclear program, a story that got three Iranian technicians arrested as American spies? Or how they gave Hollywood film-makers direct access to the planner of the Osama bin Laden kill, whose identity was otherwise highly secret?
In 2011 came revelations (ironically from WikiLeaks) that in order to get the Russians to sign the new START treaty, the Obama administration passed on secret information about the British nuclear arsenal, right down to the serial numbers of the warheads. It also wants to give them vital classified data on our missile-defense system — and, indeed, may already have done so.
The ostensible goal was to reassure Vladimir Putin that the system we were installing in Poland was designed to defend against rogue missiles from Iran or North Korea, not from Russia’s nuclear arsenal. But the underlying assumption was that the world is afraid of us — and passing on our most vital national secrets can help to dispel that fear.
So if Snowden didn’t feel any compunction about leaking classified data to real or potential foes, he was only taking his cues from President Obama.
Now Sen. Charles Schumer says that if Russia gives Snowden safe haven, it “will have serious consequences.” Really? Will Putin believe that when he himself has been handed nuclear secrets by our own commander in chief?
The result of sucking up to Putin hasn’t been better relations but worse, as the Snowden case reveals. And the alternative to keeping our national-security secrets under lock and key isn’t more “transparency” but more power to the thugocrats — and a far more dangerous world.
No so sad as the republicans are going nowhere.
Sen Rand Paul seems on board look for Snowden, impressive speach

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#931938 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!'A Navy?'
You mean the Constitution is allowing for MORE than one?
Doesn't say it can't.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#931939 Jun 25, 2013
"Politicians are the lowest form of life on eart. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politicians."

Something we can all agree on.
LNC Llin

United States

#931940 Jun 25, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Angry workers hold Florida executive captive over unpaid salary
The owner of a Florida-based medical supply company has been trapped inside his company’s factory in China by a group of about 80 angry workers, though they deny mistreating him physically.
“We women can’t hold the boss hostage,” one employee, Gao Ping, told CBS News.“We’re negotiating. He didn’t pay us wages.”
But their employer, 42-year-old Chip Starnes, said employees have deprived him of sleep since first taking him captive on June 21 and blocked him from leaving the Specialty Medical Supplies facility in Beijing. He also denied owing his captors two months’ worth of salary and severance packages after laying about 30 employees off.
They’re kind of holding me in a cage like an animal,” Starnes shouted from behind a window to a reporter.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/25/angry-w...
Carol is trusting that her party can be made up of scandal mongers.
Who is the leader of the party?
Republicans listen to a few elite media types rather than their elected leadership.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#931941 Jun 25, 2013
Tenzing is always right. Just ask his ex-wife.

<zing>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 15 min Anonymous91 54,522
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 17 min Anonymous97 30
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Frank 179,420
Dr john 0782857120 abortion clinic in jane furs... 47 min Dr john 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 50,640
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr grave digger 47,501
Abby 10-24 7 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]