Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,981 - 856,000 of 1,099,308 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like pushing a major piece of legislation that got passed by a strict partisan vote and 60% of Americans were against?
That kind of agenda?
Do you mean the "train wreck that's coming" kind of agenda?
If you're talking about the cons, could be son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
What about the rights of the citizens of a town to decide that they don't want low-income subsidized housing?
There is no Constitutional right to equal housing.
There is nothing in the Constitution about the Air Force either son.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>The right wing nut jobs who run the GOP even think 'rape kits are abortions on demand'.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
It's more than amusing how you liberal loons single out a complete unknown "running the GOP".

The rest of us have no problem with rape kits. They not only gather evidence but prevents pregnancy within hours of a possible conception. That's not an abortion. The cells haven't even begun to divide yet.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What eludes them is Bush "inherited" a recession after the dot-com bubble burst. The same dot-com bubble Clinton capitalized on and, luckily, was able to exit the stage before it went boom.
So Bush basically got stuck with the dot-com crash and 9/11 right after Clinton said, "Exit stage right!" like Snagglepuss.
Here's a list of 20 years of change in GDP, can you pick out the years represented by the "catastrophic" recession that compelled George to put an end to those pesky surpluses and start a couple of wars?

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're apparently legally blind.
Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Lead to Risky Lending?
Sumit Agarwal, Efraim Benmelech, Nittai Bergman, Amit Seru
NBER Working Paper No. 18609
Issued in December 2012
NBER Program(s): AP CF
Yes, it did. We use exogenous variation in banks’ incentives to conform to the standards of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) around regulatory exam dates to trace out the effect of the CRA on lending activity. Our empirical strategy compares lending behavior of banks undergoing CRA exams within a given census tract in a given month to the behavior of banks operating in the same census tract-month that do not face these exams. We find that adherence to the act led to riskier lending by banks: in the six quarters surrounding the CRA exams lending is elevated on average by about 5 percent every quarter and loans in these quarters default by about 15 percent more often. These patterns are accentuated in CRA-eligible census tracts and are concentrated among large banks. The effects are strongest during the time period when the market for private securitization was booming.
http://www.nber.org/papers/w18609
The CRA and the revamping of it during the Clinton years is the Democrats' baby.
Psst! CRA was passed under Carter son.

If you had any brains, you'd know that.

You really are out of your league son. And all it does it expose your partisan politics and how you like to twist facts around.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Flack b;laming the Democrats for the Bush recession.
Signed into Law May25th.
Went into effect July 26th.
That .70 cents an hour raise.
less than two months later Bush tells us we are on the verge of a financial meltdown & the worst recession in 80 years starts in December.
Yep that minimum wage did it.
Nor the unfunded Bush Tax cuts
Not record Earmarks
Not doubling the debt
Not two quagmire unfunded wars
Not the unfunded part D expansion to Medicare.
It was that GD .70 cents an hour raise to the minimum wage.
More ridiculous remarks.

It was a world wide recession. The Democrats were warned about Fannie & Freddie and said, no problem. Democrats also voted for the use of force.

You are just an old retard dissatisfied with your position in life so you blame others.

I suggest a moron like you read this:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/166...

It will provide information in a mature and factual manner, unlike your childish and irresponsible rubbish.

You actually enjoy making a fool of yourself. You do it every day.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So, you would have let the big banks fail , big corporations fail , let the country fall into a Great Depression and then do nothing but hope and pray 'someone' will come to save the day?
Happens every day. The country would have been no worse off than it is now. In fact the banks are now even bigger and fewer and in far more danger of failing.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Obama spoke generically about "acts of terror", but did not specifically call Benghazi an act of terror. This was clearly intentional, to give him deniability either way.
Even then, the "acts of terror" was a direct reference to the original 9/11 attack in a different part of his speech.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If you're talking about the cons, could be son.
You must know a lot of cons, being one. Tell us you never spent a day in jail.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's called capitalism son.
You know, the stuff you cons have been promoting and somehow irrationally tie to the Constitution? Well, my Constitution anyway, not yours.
No it is called the Clinton doctrine. I could see it coming a mile away. Liberalism fails every time. There was nothing free market about it. Give aways to the poor sustain nothing.

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseshit, I heard him on the 12th or 13th describe it as an "act of terror".
By "loop" you must be referring to the O'Reilly "Spin 'til they puke" Zone.

Here's the horseshit for you and the horse it came from.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Psst! CRA was passed under Carter son.
If you had any brains, you'd know that.
You really are out of your league son. And all it does it expose your partisan politics and how you like to twist facts around.
You've obviously started drinking already, Joe Six Pack.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

["John Galt"]
Three-quarters of the states 'elected representatives in the U.S. Congress' must ratify any proposed Constitutional amendment.
No dingleberry. 2/4 of the states must ratify the amendment. Meaning 3/4 of the state legislatures must approve. It is why the ERA amendment failed. Could not get 3/4 of the states to approve in the time allowed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know a lot of cons, being one. Tell us you never spent a day in jail.
Well son, it's not as extensive as yours.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>No it is called the Clinton doctrine. I could see it coming a mile away. Liberalism fails every time. There was nothing free market about it. Give aways to the poor sustain nothing.
Why son? Many people and many companies made much money. They swam in it.

You should be singing the praises, not chastising others for your failures.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is old enough to have access to his 401k so he can bury it?
You sure he wasn't burying his jar of pennies?
May have been. Didn't see him put anything in the hole.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well son, it's not as extensive as yours.
I help put people like you in jail, son. I've met many poor souls just like you.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

What's up gang? What's the latest rightwing fantasy scare? Obama coming for your piggy banks?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Is There an Antidote to the Republican Amnesia?

By Barney Frank

Memory eventually fails us all, but apparently the decline strikes one party far more than the other.

In recent weeks, my friends across the aisle have expended a lot of breath proclaiming that the Democrats caused the present financial crisis by failing to pass legislation to regulate financial services companies in the years 1995 through 2006.

There is only small one problem with this story -- throughout this entire period the Republicans were in complete charge of the House and for the most critical years they controlled the House, the Senate, and the Presidency.

In the House of Representatives, the majority party has almost unlimited power over the minority party. The majority party owns the committee chairmanships; it controls what bills come to a vote; and it is under no obligation to consider the ideas of the beleaguered minority. When the Republicans were in the majority they ruled with an iron first; it is no accident that Tom DeLay was known as "The Hammer."

That is why I find it particularly flattering the Republicans now claim that in the years 1995 to 2006 I personally possessed supernatural powers which enabled me to force mighty Republican leaders to do my bidding. Choose your comic book hero -- I was all of them.

I wish I had the power to force the Republican leadership to do my bidding! If I had had that power, I would have used it to block the impeachment of Bill Clinton, to stop the war in Iraq, to prevent large tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, and to stop government intervention into the private life of Terri Schiavo. Yet that power eluded me, and I was unable to stop those things.

According to the Republicans' misty memories of the period before 2007, I allegedly singlehandedly blocked their determined efforts to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and my supposed intransigence literally caused the worldwide financial crisis.

Fortunately, we have tools to aid memory -- pencil and paper, word processing, transcripts, newspapers, and the Congressional record. And as described in the most reputable published sources, in 2005 I in fact worked together with my Republican colleague Michael Oxley, then Chairman of the Financial Services Committee, to write a bill to increase regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. We passed the bill out of committee with an overwhelming majority -- every Democrat voted in favor of the legislation. However, on the House floor the Republican leadership added a poison pill amendment, which would have prevented non-profit institutions with religious affiliations from receiving funds. I voted against the legislation in protest, though I continued to work with Mr. Oxley to encourage the Senate to pass a good bill. But these efforts were defeated because President Bush blocked further consideration of the legislation. In the words of Mr. Oxley, no flaming liberal, the Bush administration gave his efforts 'the one-finger salute.'

The Republicans can claim some supposed successes despite my awesome power. In 1999 they passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which overturned a Depression-era law preventing commercial banks from acting like investment banks. In 2000, they passed another bill which loosened regulation of derivative markets. I voted against these bills -- but to no avail.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200...

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You failed to read the entire link to Park Ridge or you really lied about knowing the town. The town did have a industrial/ retail base with its traditional brick-making business as a core industry to the town's development. And now you're telling me that you oppose U S Constitution civil right equal housing laws . A pewrson ought to have a right to live wherever he damn well pleases and not be forced by the prejudice or racism of others to live someplace else.
DID you read your own post. DID they don't anymore. A "Pew-son" has a right to live where ever they can afford to live. There is no reason why they should have TAX Payer housing forced on that city or any other one. It is now in every city or town in Illinois. O'bama made sure that communities would be disrupted by housing at least 10% dead beats and thugs, illegal aliens and gang bangers-more than likely the same. Moslems and terrorists also go into low housing in these areas and destroy communities. Who is going to foot the bill once all these tax payers leave?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,925
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 46,276
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min Bye Bye USA 49,420
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min loose cannon 177,274
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr newpoly 1,901
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 68,338
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 30
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••