Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,941 - 855,960 of 1,096,759 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Park Ridge is an affluent Chicago suburb with a population at the 2010 census of 37,480 residents.[1] It is located 15 miles (24 km) northwest of downtown Chicago. It is close to O'Hare International Airport, major expressways, and rail transportation. It is a part of the Chicago metropolitan area, bordering two northwestern neighborhoods of Chicago's Far North Side (Edison Park and Norwood Park)."..."Park Ridge's most recognizable landmark is the Pickwick Theatre, an Art Deco building dating back to 1928. It is a movie theater and a venue for plays and concerts. In 1975, the theater was named to the National Register of Historic Places."... "The uptown area is currently under development. There are new buildings, condominiums and stores located across from the Park Ridge Public Library." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Ridge,_Illi...
and your point is? Hillary Clinton was born there in one of the most affluent suburbs of Chicago, and yet she is poor? like all democrats? is this what you are trying to say? Your cut and paste forgot to mention that it has no retail base for taxes. So they really soak the working guy. Before O'bama left office in Illinois that pushed a law through that people who don't have a pot to piss in, nor have ever worked in their lives deserve public housing in places like Park Ridge.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research found that Democrats revamping the CRA led to riskier lending by banks.
"There is a clear pattern of increased defaults for loans made by these banks in quarters around the (CRA) exam. Moreover, the effects are larger for loans made within CRA tracts" or predominantly low-income and minority areas.
http://www.nber.org/papers/w18609
This isn't a big secret.
It's amazing how your source doesn't contain your quote.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! From your article son...
And you should read the rest of the list.
From the start, Bush embraced a governing philosophy of deregulation. That trickled down to federal oversight agencies, which in turn eased off on banks and mortgage brokers. Bush did push early on for tighter controls over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but he failed to move Congress. After the Enron scandal, Bush backed and signed the aggressively regulatory Sarbanes-Oxley Act. But SEC head William Donaldson tried to boost regulation of mutual and hedge funds, he was blocked by Bush's advisers at the White House as well as other powerful Republicans and quit. Plus, let's face it, the meltdown happened on Bush's watch.
Now include Clinton and others also listed in the article and you will have a balanced viewpoint.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Park Ridge has some of the highest property taxes. Why should that town have to pay for Chicago?
High property taxes in Park Ridge hasn't affected the residents remaining incredibly wealthy by anyone's standards.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So, Galt is now saying that Bush43 's Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson was wrong.
Won't speak for Galt but when asked what I thought I said let them fail. Somebody will buy up the pieces and things will move on. More than likely we would be far ahead of where we are now economically.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt understands that regulations such as those passed by Park Ridge and other affluent suburbs are designed to keep out undesirable elements of society. Similar bans on on-street overnight parking allow the police to identify those who do not belong in the neighborhood, if you get the drift.
And they all can have guns. Makes it real easy to patrol the street:)unlike Chicago.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it together and respond to what was posted.
You were dissing Bettie for using the same Time source as DuPont
Why? Even betty dumps and runs and son.

You should perform what you demand of others for a change.

It might give you a miniscule level of credibility.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Move now son.
Make everyone, including yourself, happy.
Sorry, you are frequently confused and not a good source to be advising anyone
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Me neither. And I invested out in the Clinton admin. Anyone that had a clue had to see this was never going to end well. I traveled all over the country at that time and could not believe the amount of housing and businesses popping up in a weeks' time. I kept asking "who is buying these houses"? where are all the people coming from? Why is this happening? I was just a working schmuck then with a good job-so I started investing out of the country-because like I said-this was never going end well.
It's called capitalism son.

You know, the stuff you cons have been promoting and somehow irrationally tie to the Constitution? Well, my Constitution anyway, not yours.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
So, we're back to Galt advocating anarchism , every one for himself and no big government, no big corporations, no big unions, no big country, no big anything--small is beautiful.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are out of the loop to claim to be reasonable.
Obama spoke in front of the United Nations TWO WEEKS after the attack still blaming the video. Even Hillary and Panetta admitted a week earlier it was a terrorist attack.
Horseshit, I heard him on the 12th or 13th describe it as an "act of terror".

By "loop" you must be referring to the O'Reilly "Spin 'til they puke" Zone.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. The Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution. Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval." http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/cons...
But has to be approved by 3/4 of the states or 38.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You can't see that if Obama had admitted to a terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11 after announcing to everyone on the campaign trail he personally had al Qaeda on the run because he killed bin Laden that he wouldn't look ridiculous just weeks before the election?
He just looked ridiculous instead after the election because everyone knew he lied to win the election.
That makes a lot of people angry - reasonable people.
People were angry when Romney bowed out son.

Fart news couldn't believe what they were reporting was wrong.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason they'd be charged if someone physically forced a woman to have an abortion.
The hypocrisy of the left; the transformation from 'child', protected under the law, to 'intrusive organism', occurs at the whim of a mother.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Won't speak for Galt but when asked what I thought I said let them fail. Somebody will buy up the pieces and things will move on. More than likely we would be far ahead of where we are now economically.
So, you would have let the big banks fail , big corporations fail , let the country fall into a Great Depression and then do nothing but hope and pray 'someone' will come to save the day?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying oncologists are "cancer supporters". Haven't seen the Mayo Clinic's Get Out the Smoke campaign, have you?
That was a dumb comparison.

Can cancer ever live separate of a host?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>poster Death of Tenzing is just another low informed voter who is stuck on "but, it's all Bush's fault, Obama inherited a mess."
meanwhile, Kenyans are upset that he won't be visiting his place of birth during his gazillion dollar vacation this summer with Moochelle and the girls and their 100 closest BFFs.
What eludes them is Bush "inherited" a recession after the dot-com bubble burst. The same dot-com bubble Clinton capitalized on and, luckily, was able to exit the stage before it went boom.

So Bush basically got stuck with the dot-com crash and 9/11 right after Clinton said, "Exit stage right!" like Snagglepuss.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"But you conveniently overlooked the part about "Democrats promoting and protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac". And you conveniently overlooked the part about the "economy taking off after the Bush tax cuts". So, basically, you are wrong."
so let's start with how a Republican Congress somehow let Democrats protect F&F.
and then we can go on to how the Bush tax cuts did nothing for our economy. did plenty for China's economy, but a big failure at home.
lol! That's what I keep telling them! So by their 'logic,' they must feel really empowered to do something since 2010.

And yet, nothing.

It's as if they're ok now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. The Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution. Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval." http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/cons...
Three-quarters of the states must ratify any proposed Constitutional amendment.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing I love about the "less government" Republicans. They want the government to be the final arbiter in all moral questions as long as it reflects their "morality".
It's not just morals, it's whatever agenda they want to push.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••