Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,841 - 855,860 of 1,079,989 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
My family has already decided to move to Canada when it gets real bad-no joke.
What is missing is an action group for a sane immigration plan.
-get rid of extended families and limit to spouse and minor children
-get rid of the anchor baby law
-make admittance based on work needs of the country not some pie in the sky "if they come they will hire"
-make those who already applied for citizenship top priority
-create a sane number of applications accepted per year so Immigration can handle it
-get rid of Obama's Stimulus Job Bill stuck in it and as well as other pork
-streamline the whole package making it easily understandable and not full of loopholes
ICE doesn't even like the Immigration bill
it appears that China has now bought the country of Nicaragua. And a canal is going to be built that by- passes the Panama Canal. I believe Central America is going to be the new wave of Capitalism in the world.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you are a Progressive. Off topic and spinning.
I will not stay in a country with a failing economy with little hope of improvement due to extremely high unemployment secondary to allowing an influx of immigrants it cannot support.
See ya.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're relatively new here but it was clear to me that rather than placing ALL the blame on Democrats as Carol would have for the entire history of mankind he correctly points out that Republicans own their share of the blame.
The fight is about the Progressive's "BUSH ONLY AT FAULT". I am not so new here as to not to notice this. Why haven't you?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> She's not a mother if she kills the baby.
Good point
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not quoting an article from the Guardian but a free comment from a reader. Get it together with your sources
Get lost moran
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
How much of that is genuine stupidity and how much is just contrariness?
Reflecting your tone in your response. You decide.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Raising minimum wage and the effect on youth workers.
In the real world, setting a floor under the price of labor creates winners and losers. Some workers will get a $1.75 raise. Great. But others—typically the least educated and skilled—will be priced out of the job market and their pay won't rise to $9. It will be zero.
University of California at Irvine economist David Neumark has looked at more than 100 major academic studies on the minimum wage, and he says the White House claim of de minimis job losses "grossly misstates the weight of the evidence." About 85% of the studies "find a negative employment effect on low-skilled workers."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
I've been saying that for years. It was part of the 08 crash.
frontporchreacti onary

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>how's that working out. Remember the Olympics over there? the smog was so bad you couldn't even see the event venue.
You know so much about China and Obama, but you don't know 'how's that working out'? Read the news.--> "The informal summit between the presidents of China and the United States last week yielded one very one important climate-related agreement. After years of opposing international efforts to restrict hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs - a potent family of greenhouse gases), China has now agreed to cooperate with the United States and most other nations in moving forward to phase down the use of these chemicals under the Montreal Protocol. " http://theenergycollective.com/seidel/236266/...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
pro-choice respects the wishes of the mother.
anti-choice respects no one. forcing someone to do what you think is best for that person, on the back of a book that HAS NOT been designated as the national guide to proper behavior, smacks of social engineering.
so in that respect, it's been fairly amusing watching conservatives complain about how government is ruling our life's.
What about the wishes of the developing human being the "mother" created by her decision not to have protected sex?

Women should have the right to kill the life they, themselves, created even when birth control is easily accessible and creating an unwanted baby is easily avoidable?

The percentage of those who are pro-choice has dropped from 47% to 41%. I believe it's going to shrink even further.

Now that birth control is free.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not quoting an article from the Guardian but a free comment from a reader. Get it together with your sources
"Ownership Society" news to you too?

Its always news to Carol no matter how many times she's read or heard about it.

Its gotta be some form of dementia.

You can get information about it from W. Bush's White House website if you don't like the Guardian.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...

"American Dream Downpayments" That's one of my favorites from the Party of "less-government, less spending".

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you are a Progressive. Off topic and spinning.
I will not stay in a country with a failing economy with little hope of improvement due to extremely high unemployment secondary to allowing an influx of immigrants it cannot support.
Me neither. And I invested out in the Clinton admin. Anyone that had a clue had to see this was never going to end well. I traveled all over the country at that time and could not believe the amount of housing and businesses popping up in a weeks' time. I kept asking "who is buying these houses"? where are all the people coming from? Why is this happening? I was just a working schmuck then with a good job-so I started investing out of the country-because like I said-this was never going end well.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"National security could not have possibly been a reason to lie to us and the rest of the world about a terrorist attack that left four Americans dead."
Right, also probably not enough to swing an election. You ascribe your paranoid motives to any action then in your "reasonable" mind your assumptions become fact.
Yep, that's how "reasonable" works!
Republicans may have lost the Presidential election in 2012 for reasons connected to internal division within the GOP.
Benghazi attack does not seem a turning point, has become an issue after the election.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
Are President G H W Bush and President George W Bush advising President Obama?
The Presidents Club: Inside the World's Most Exclusive Fraternity by Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy
The Presidents Club, established at Dwight Eisenhower’s inauguration by Harry Truman and Herbert Hoover, is a complicated place: its members are bound forever by the experience of the Oval Office and yet are eternal rivals for history’s favor. Among their secrets: How Jack Kennedy tried to blame Ike for the Bay of Pigs. How Ike quietly helped Reagan win his first race in 1966. How Richard Nixon conspired with Lyndon Johnson to get elected and then betrayed him. How Jerry Ford and Jimmy Carter turned a deep enmity into an alliance. The unspoken pact between a father and son named Bush. And the roots of the rivalry between Clinton and Barack Obama.
Time magazine editors and presidential historians Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy offer a new and revealing lens on the American presidency, exploring the club as a hidden instrument of power that has changed the course of history.
Interesting.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act ruled unconstitutional by Supreme Court

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You think that the affluent Chicago town of Park Ridge with an estimated population of 37,000 is an example of Galt's 'Big Government at your service'? That's like saying miniature poodles are the most vicious attack dogs.
It is. Big Government in small cities is disgusting. Park Ridge taxes at a huge rate to pay for big government in a small town.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the wishes of the developing human being the "mother" created by her decision not to have protected sex?
Women should have the right to kill the life they, themselves, created even when birth control is easily accessible and creating an unwanted baby is easily avoidable?
The percentage of those who are pro-choice has dropped from 47% to 41%. I believe it's going to shrink even further.
The developing fetus is not a human being until it's born.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so if i post this, i'm using an impeccable source?
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."
The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.
"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."
Looking back, Keith Hennessey, Bush's current chief economic adviser, said he and his colleagues had done the best they could "with the information we had at the time." But Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration had not paid more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.
And both Paulson and his predecessor, John Snow, say the housing push went too far.
"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."
For much of the Bush presidency, the White House was preoccupied by terrorism and war; on the economic front, its pressing concerns were cutting taxes and privatizing Social Security, a government retirement and disability benefits program. The housing market was a bright spot: Ever-rising home values kept the economy humming, as owners drew down on their equity to buy consumer goods and pack their children off to college.
Lawrence Lindsay, Bush's first chief economic adviser, said there was little impetus to raise alarms about the proliferation of easy credit that was helping Bush meet housing goals.
"No one wanted to stop that bubble," Lindsay said. "It would have conflicted with the president's own policies."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
"president's own policies"
and those would not be Clinton's policies as carol needs us to believe.
So, do this mean it awrl Busher admin fawrlt that stoopid people took on more than what they could handle, and that greedy lenders had no problem accomadating them..and that it's awrl they fawrlt too, that the USA was attacked by psychotic terrorist jihadists, as a result of years of mid eastern turmoil, worsened by an oil stealing, kurd depleting rogue dictator that bankrupted his own country, and some islamic jihadist wanna be world renowned psychos...that affronted America with their own issues.

Nope...not ever gonna believe that bullchit.

America needs to tend to it's own business again--and apply some ETHICS while doing it, and to ell with those that just want to curse and abuse us.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Seven new EPA regulations alone will cost the electrical sector $16.7 billion per year, cause 887,000 job losses
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
...a difficult moral issue.
Women are going to abort the fetus, legally or illegally ....have done so since colonial times.
In a perfect world there would be No abortions.

Morality is not determined by percentage favoring abortion or opposing abortion?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

SCOTUS said that Section 4 of the Voting Act written in 1965 is outdated and implacable to today's landscape and needs updated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Shananananana4pali 67,941
Orange line robberys 15 min Whats the word on ARRESTS 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min Terry rigsby 48,913
Abby July 25, 2014 58 min Toj 8
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 1 hr Toj 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 174,628
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 1 hr Bridgeview resident 71
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 3 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 16 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••