Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,681 - 855,700 of 1,079,020 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931450
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

5

I almost thought Politico wrote a negative Obama story. First paragraph stated his problem but was quickly full of helpful advice like terrorize your enemies.

Whew, would hate to see Politico return to honest reporting -it may tilt the center of universe or something equally bad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931451
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Big Government at Your Service

NJ couple facing fine over bird feeder



Posted: Jun 24, 2013 5:54 AM PST Updated: Jun 24, 2013 5:56 AM PST

RAMSEY, N.J.(AP) A New Jersey couple is facing a fine after neighbors complained that their bird feeder is attracting too many animals.

Alfred and Annette Rockefeller are scheduled to appear in court in Ramsey on Tuesday. They could be fined $250 to $500 for violating an ordinance that prohibits feeding wildlife.

Alfred Rockefeller is disabled. The 77-year-old says feeding birds is one of his joys.

Town environmental specialist Leo Egan tells The Record newspaper the wire wreath-style feeder filled with peanuts is drawing ducks, deer, geese, squirrels, chipmunks and groundhogs to the neighborhood. The animals are damaging neighbors' gardens.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931452
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Whatever wrote:
I almost thought Politico wrote a negative Obama story. First paragraph stated his problem but was quickly full of helpful advice like terrorize your enemies.
Whew, would hate to see Politico return to honest reporting -it may tilt the center of universe or something equally bad.
No chance

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931453
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
China will say "never mind, we prefer jobs."
China has spent over a trillion dollars to become the clean renewable energy economic super power of this century.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931454
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never followed Horse Racing but for Sea Biscuit's story.
Powerful stuff.
Galt once watched a jockey practically strangle his horse, the favorite, to keep the horse out of the money in the trifecta.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931455
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalization of tens of millions of illegal aliens will create a permanent welfare majority, surrendering our country and our society. There is no issue that is more important.
I agree.

My family has already decided to move to Canada when it gets real bad-no joke.

What is missing is an action group for a sane immigration plan.
-get rid of extended families and limit to spouse and minor children
-get rid of the anchor baby law
-make admittance based on work needs of the country not some pie in the sky "if they come they will hire"
-make those who already applied for citizenship top priority
-create a sane number of applications accepted per year so Immigration can handle it
-get rid of Obama's Stimulus Job Bill stuck in it and as well as other pork
-streamline the whole package making it easily understandable and not full of loopholes

ICE doesn't even like the Immigration bill

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931456
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
Big Government at Your Service
NJ couple facing fine over bird feeder
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 5:54 AM PST Updated: Jun 24, 2013 5:56 AM PST
RAMSEY, N.J.(AP) A New Jersey couple is facing a fine after neighbors complained that their bird feeder is attracting too many animals.
Alfred and Annette Rockefeller are scheduled to appear in court in Ramsey on Tuesday. They could be fined $250 to $500 for violating an ordinance that prohibits feeding wildlife.
Alfred Rockefeller is disabled. The 77-year-old says feeding birds is one of his joys.
Town environmental specialist Leo Egan tells The Record newspaper the wire wreath-style feeder filled with peanuts is drawing ducks, deer, geese, squirrels, chipmunks and groundhogs to the neighborhood. The animals are damaging neighbors' gardens.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
And if you shoot one of those varmints, you get fined for that, too.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931457
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> China has spent over a trillion dollars to become the clean renewable energy economic super power of this century.
Just as every five-year plan in the Soviet Union was a huge success.

Here is a clue. China is all BS.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931458
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> China has spent over a trillion dollars to become the clean renewable energy economic super power of this century.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

They also want to win the next Nobel Peace Prize just like the Magic Negro did.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931459
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Chicago Blackhawks beat Bruins to win Stanley Cup

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931460
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

John Galt wrote:
Big Government at Your Service
NJ couple facing fine over bird feeder
Posted: Jun 24, 2013 5:54 AM PST Updated: Jun 24, 2013 5:56 AM PST
RAMSEY, N.J.(AP) A New Jersey couple is facing a fine after neighbors complained that their bird feeder is attracting too many animals.
Alfred and Annette Rockefeller are scheduled to appear in court in Ramsey on Tuesday. They could be fined $250 to $500 for violating an ordinance that prohibits feeding wildlife.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Yes, Ramsey, New Jersey " Big Government" is 6 Council members and 1 Mayor. "Legislative power of the municipality is exercised by six elected council members and an elected mayor." http://www.ramseynj.com/content/55/default.as...
Yeah,right , Galt is a crack pot.:-D
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931461
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point?
What action do you suggest?
Don't bother with anyone
but ourselves.
The moochers will go away.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931462
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

2

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
My family has already decided to move to Canada when it gets real bad-no joke.
What is missing is an action group for a sane immigration plan.
-get rid of extended families and limit to spouse and minor children
-get rid of the anchor baby law
-make admittance based on work needs of the country not some pie in the sky "if they come they will hire"
-make those who already applied for citizenship top priority
-create a sane number of applications accepted per year so Immigration can handle it
-get rid of Obama's Stimulus Job Bill stuck in it and as well as other pork
-streamline the whole package making it easily understandable and not full of loopholes
ICE doesn't even like the Immigration bill
Yes, I 'm afraid that the GOP is too stupid to learn from Canada's Conservative Party. "While all the attention has been focused on what to do about the southern border with Mexico, Republicans would be well-advised to take a careful look north. In Canada, the Conservative Party, which lost two of every three elections to the Liberals during the 20th century, has turned the tables by embracing immigration and reaching out to Canada's immigrant communities."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/opinion/alden-c...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931463
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

So AlQaeda knew where CIA Annex was in Benghazi and now Taliban knew where CIA HQ was in Kabul?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931464
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Also 40 years ago.
Doubt that 1% could name the winner of this year's Belmont (or any other race) without looking it up.
Horse racing is dead, kept alive in some states only as an excuse for casinos.
Seems like yesterday... anyway, horse racing is far from dead, it's not even ill.

Secretariat's winning time is still a world record and his winning margin (31 lengths), a Triple Crown record.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931465
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I 'm afraid that the GOP is too stupid to learn from Canada's Conservative Party. "While all the attention has been focused on what to do about the southern border with Mexico, Republicans would be well-advised to take a careful look north. In Canada, the Conservative Party, which lost two of every three elections to the Liberals during the 20th century, has turned the tables by embracing immigration and reaching out to Canada's immigrant communities."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/opinion/alden-c...
Hun, I really think your concern is phoney and will be discounted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931466
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I 'm afraid that the GOP is too stupid to learn from Canada's Conservative Party. "While all the attention has been focused on what to do about the southern border with Mexico, Republicans would be well-advised to take a careful look north. In Canada, the Conservative Party, which lost two of every three elections to the Liberals during the 20th century, has turned the tables by embracing immigration and reaching out to Canada's immigrant communities."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/opinion/alden-c...
Galt's experience in Canada, largely in Calgary, is that the immigrant population is largely Asian, not Hispanic as in the US.

Apples and oranges.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931467
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like yesterday... anyway, horse racing is far from dead, it's not even ill.
Secretariat's winning time is still a world record and his winning margin (31 lengths), a Triple Crown record.
Go to a "racino", where the slots are packed and a few horses occasionally circle the track in front of a few spectators.

Horse racing survives only for off-track betting.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931468
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Ramsey, New Jersey " Big Government" is 6 Council members and 1 Mayor. "Legislative power of the municipality is exercised by six elected council members and an elected mayor." http://www.ramseynj.com/content/55/default.as...
Yeah,right , Galt is a crack pot.:-D
Intrusive government is intrusive government.
TRS

East Hampton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931469
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 27 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 31 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 34 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Alon 67,898
Cheap Tomatoes 4 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••