Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,773)

Showing posts 855,441 - 855,460 of1,034,091
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
LOS ANGELES – Actor Jeff Daniels, star of the HBO political drama series "The Newsroom," appeared on Chris Matthews' "Hardball" show on MSNBC on Thursday. During the interview, Matthews expressed his admiration for the Aaron Sorkin drama, in which Daniels plays anchor Will McAvoy.
"It's the most organic show I've ever watched, it seems to come out of itself every week, it seems to grow like a human being," Matthews enthused. "That's what makes it so unpredictable and so fascinating to people."
The news host went on to praise the cast, including Emily Mortimer and Jane Fonda, before closing out that they keys to the show are "honesty" and giving audiences "something to take away."
Matthews happily mentioned his son Thomas has an acting role on the show, but what he failed to disclose is that he is also a paid contributor. The Hollywood Reporter revealed this week that the MSNBC host, along with the likes of former CNN president Rick Kaplan and anchor Ashleigh Banfield, cash "Newsroom" checks.
"Matthews hilariously praised the show’s 'honesty' during his five-and-a-half minutes with Daniels, but never once did he admit that he is one of the 13 paid consultants working 'to make season two as realistic as possible,'" said Dan Gainor, VP of Business and Culture at the Media Research Center. "Apparently, Matthews never heard that honesty is the best policy."
Media critic and author John Ziegler said Matthews will simply "get away with it because no one on the left will call him on it and his audience won't ever even know there was an issue."
Communications pro Glenn Selig concurred it was quite a misstep. "Chris Matthews has a vested interest in seeing the show succeed, because he is making money, and because his son in on the show," Selig said. "There is no doubt that he should have disclosed that information to the public. The fact that he did not, makes it appear as though he is trying to hide something. It comes across as sneaky."
A rep for MSNBC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Jeff Daniels Ex-Lax scene from "Dumb and Dumber" is perhaps the second best 45 seconds in the history of film making.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but the hospital must be given immunity from lawsuits.
They are. One sent my mother home with what they said was heartburn the next day she had a massive coronary. Fckers.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NBA games would be more interesting if they just played the fourth quarter, the only time any effort is exerted.
The last 2 minutes is all it takes. And those take 20 minutes to complete.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The money is on that TMZ has been duped or is lying out it's azz. Hah, imagine that.
The Russian Tampax commercial is worth a look though__unless you're posting from work and the word Tampax sends off alarms.
Ohhh Oh, Marge__I got fired for accessing Tampax on the company computer___again.
Realtime is special and he knows it. They give meds to keep you from showing it.

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We should form a group, Aholes For Christie, AFC*, pronounced AFC
*Not to be confused with the American Football Conference
We'd be sued by the NFL. Besides you're only half ahole. You have no ahole rights.

<oh god, dumbass dave is about to call me a bigot>

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm over here. I've been tracking you on your cell phone all day.
Ha! I attached it on my dogs collar and let her out of the yard! You're not getting me, you bastards!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The money is on that TMZ has been duped or is lying out it's azz. Hah, imagine that.
The Russian Tampax commercial is worth a look though__unless you're posting from work and the word Tampax sends off alarms.
Ohhh Oh, Marge__I got fired for accessing Tampax on the company computer___again.
"The Russian Tampax commercial is worth a look"

Guarantee you that is the first time those words have been put together in the history of man.

<oh god, dumbass dave is about to call me a sexist>
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They are. One sent my mother home with what they said was heartburn the next day she had a massive coronary. Fckers.
Doctors tell people that they can have a normal EKG and collapse with a massive coronary while leaving the office.

MIs cannot always be predicted.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, the 9th inning in baseball, the 3rd period in hockey, the last 30 seconds of a soccer match, 18th hole in golf, I see where you're going with this. Just don't mess with Homer's football.
Have you ever watched a live golf game? The 18th hole is too much golf in my opinion.

Just so realtime can say it's bullsht.

My wife (she was still my gf) got invited to watch the Pebble beach Pro-Am in Monterey by CDW. We sat in their booth at maybe the 7th hole. here's how the golf game went.

wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
<wait means drink beer>
wait
wait
oh look, there's a ball
wait
wait
wait
wait
oh look, there's a bunch of people
oh look, that guy hit the ball
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
oh look, another ball
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
oh look, more people
oh look, another guy hit the ball
wait
wait
wait

this went on ALL day! If it weren't for the food and beer I would have jumped off the CDW truck.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>This is the best post of the day. Homer can't compete with this.
WTF, homer! We haven't gotten along this good in months and you give "best post of the day" to a frenchman!

fck you!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, the 9th inning in baseball, the 3rd period in hockey, the last 30 seconds of a soccer match, 18th hole in golf, I see where you're going with this. Just don't mess with Homer's football.
Not even close to the same thing, except maybe for hockey.

Soccer is a game for wimps, flopping all over the field.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever watched a live golf game? The 18th hole is too much golf in my opinion.
Just so realtime can say it's bullsht.
My wife (she was still my gf) got invited to watch the Pebble beach Pro-Am in Monterey by CDW. We sat in their booth at maybe the 7th hole. here's how the golf game went.
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
<wait means drink beer>
wait
wait
oh look, there's a ball
wait
wait
wait
wait
oh look, there's a bunch of people
oh look, that guy hit the ball
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
oh look, another ball
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
oh look, more people
oh look, another guy hit the ball
wait
wait
wait
this went on ALL day! If it weren't for the food and beer I would have jumped off the CDW truck.
This post alone should count as 10 towards my 24,000 goal.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They are. One sent my mother home with what they said was heartburn the next day she had a massive coronary. Fckers.
Coincidence, perhaps.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close to the same thing, except maybe for hockey.
Soccer is a game for wimps, flopping all over the field.
You've never played soccer, wimpy! Soccer rocks!

<wtf, I hurt my back, the doc gives me these strange pills, and all of a sudden I'm arguing with Galt. Is this how liberals are maid?>

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after maybe 6 or 7 beers, you are smarter than lily. High five, my man!!
Notice how he's become even more grouchy since he went on SSI/medicare? Must not have lived up to the expectations!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Coincidence, perhaps.
Or homer was after the life insurance money.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Notice how he's become even more grouchy since he went on SSI/medicare? Must not have lived up to the expectations!
When medical care is free, some people visit the doctor all the time, get depressed, and die quickly.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Notice how he's become even more grouchy since he went on SSI/medicare? Must not have lived up to the expectations!
Some people get that way once they have nothing left to work for. Free stuff doesn't mean happiness.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When medical care is free, some people visit the doctor all the time, get depressed, and die quickly.
If someone gave you free, unlimited access to a Ferrari, wouldn't you drive the sht our of it? Human nature

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that. Just like when people retire if they have nothing to fill the void they don't last long either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 855,441 - 855,460 of1,034,091
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]