Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,181 - 855,200 of 1,083,049 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have nothing to offer in the way of Obama's past leadership accomplishments except upsetting Americans while he's learning on the job?
What are you saying exactly LNC?
Surely, you wouldn't have voted for someone without any past accomplishments in a leadership capacity.
So instead of constantly reminding me libraries have books, why don't you tell me why you voted for Obama based on his past leadership accomplishments?
I promise to be openminded.
Not running a class in basic American History for you.
American History course must exist at UCF Orlando.
Most of us have lives off Topix.
Now retired you have time to spend with a real life?
Libtard Free Zone

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that we went through the same thing in October and the market went back up again.
There's some concerns over China which we don't have any control over and the Fed is hinting that they may cut back on bond buying in anticipation of continued economic recovery. There's also the normal profit taking that occurs when the market hits highs.
You seem to forget that we went through the same thing in September 2008 and the market went back up again.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

BLACKS together obama lololhahahahaha The Black Class Divide

Polls show that upwardly mobile Blacks often share with whites an “utter contempt and hatred for the Black poor,” said Dr. Tony Monteiro, professor of African American studies at Temple University, in Philadelphia.“This class division, this ideological division,” can be seen in the politics of “the Cory Bookers and Michael Nutters”– the Black mayors of Newark and Philadelphia, respectively –“and other Black agents of the 1%,” Monteiro told the workshop
HE BROUGHT PEOPLE TOGETHER lolololohahahahah divider in chief
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Snapshot: U.S. Obesity Rate Ticking Up

U.S. adult obesity rate up to 27.1% in 2013, from 26.2% in 2012

by Alyssa Brown

WASHINGTON, D.C.-- The adult obesity rate in the U.S. thus far in 2013, at 27.1%, is on pace to surpass rates in prior years. It is up from 26.2% in 2012 and much higher than the 25.5% found in 2008.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163205/snapshot-ob...

Come on fatties can you all have a frickin' salad once in awhile? This is just going to lead to higher healthcare costs. You fat people are the reason Homer's health insurance goes up every year.

Now forget about that fast food burger and fries with the large chocolate shake and a large soft ice cream for desert and go have a salad for lunch instead, then go for a long walk.
Libtard Free Zone

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Obama won because you Repubs had the best and brightest minds of the GOP you could find. You Betcha !!!! The entire platform was cutting taxes for the rich to create jobs. How'd those 10 years of Bush tax cuts work out for America?
And look what you Democrats gave us. Bullwinkle & Uncle Rocky Biden. At least with your "best and brightest" the whole country gets screwed equally.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Obama won because you Repubs had the best and brightest minds of the GOP you could find. You Betcha !!!! The entire platform was cutting taxes for the rich to create jobs. How'd those 10 years of Bush tax cuts work out for America?
Well, Palin was a successful governor and went after the corruption in her own party and won. The liberal propaganda machine just made her an easy target - and her children too.

Not saying she was any more qualified to step into the presidency than Joe Biden.

But you get my drift.

The Bush tax cuts were the only thing that got the economy up and running again after 9/1l, Bozo.

(You don't mind if I call you Bozo when you post clown-like and misleading information, do you?)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"DR" = Dominican Republic?
Doesn't really work the way you're thinking, generated electricity goes onto the grid for distribution.
No this wasn't planned for but was accounted for in design. Problem was the earthquake was beyond the design basis by a factor of around 10 (that's 10 times more powerful than the plant was designed to withstand) and the tsunami was 3-4 meters above design basis. You can't base designs on theoretical worst-case-in-history events.
Do you just talk to hear yourself talking? I'm trying to eat lunch.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Progressives is a mind set not a national party.
yep
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Hello everyone*.
*This is inclusive, so if you are a rightwing idiot, dummy, moran, paranoid freak, and/or conspiracy theorist, please do not feel as if I have not greeted you.
Assata Shakur, a Black liberation exiled freedom fighter, is a most wanted terrorist as of this calendar year. The financial elites responsible for the largest transfer of wealth to the top 1 percent of the population from the 99 percent receives trillions in bailouts while people are losing their homes and jobs in high numbers. Even in the midst of staggering levels of poverty and unemployment for all and Black people especially, public schools are being turned over for profit and Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid are on the chopping block. Healthcare costs continue to soar. Obamacare does more for the profits of big pharmaceuticals and insurance companies than it does to expand coverage to Americans. Civil liberties have been eroded to dust with the passing of the National Defense Authorization Act and the re-authorizing of the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act is now under scrutiny after the NSA was caught spying on the private lives of US citizens.
FACTS NOT OBAMA FICTION
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who's sole source of "information" is the right-wing noize machine.
Its amazing the fantasy world they've created for themselves. There's a lot of psychology behind it but don't feel like getting into it now.
Pot calls kettle black
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...just ridiculing you for the fun of it.
You make it too easy.
So.... you lied?

It's in interesting habit you formed as a 'teacher' don't you think?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I will feel as if you did not greet me.
Think you meant to say "please do not feel as if I have greeted you" if anyone fell into one of those categories.
Good afternoon, Homer.
No, I meant to say exactly what I said.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not running a class in basic American History for you.
American History course must exist at UCF Orlando.
Most of us have lives off Topix.
Now retired you have time to spend with a real life?
You've been on here all morning - and it's Monday. So what do you do exactly?

Do you go to a local library every day and get on one of their computers and that's why you keep referring to libaries?

Am I even close?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddup, go back to making excuses for the people you vote for. Ya got no room to throw stones, your hero George is as much at fault.
Bush Jr. made several poor decisions, including appointing Roberts.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
Politicians won and AMERICA lost the OBAMA supporter unless they are in the ! PERCENT have gained nothing OH I forgot they got an OBAMAPHONE while obamas wall supporter got the BILLION dollar contract to provide the obama phone lololololol give me the contract keep obama phone

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

It's interesting that Sarah Palin has been invited back to join Fox&Friends after she went on a crash summer reading program of all Patrick Buchanan foreign policy works. Who would have thought that Sarah could change her mind so fast from militarist interventionist Bush43 apologist to an America Firster non-interventionist that sounds like George McGovern?"The Palin Doctrine" "On U.S. military intervention in Syria’s civil war, where ”both sides are slaughtering each other as they scream over an arbitrary red line ‘Allahu akbar’… I say let Allah sort it out.”

So said Sarah Palin to the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference. And, as is not infrequently the case, she nailed it.

Hours later, Gideon Rachman of the Financial Times, at length, echoed Palin:“Those who are urging the US to get more deeply involved in the Syrian conflict now are living in the past.”..."Four fundamental changes make it “no longer realistic, or even desirable, for the US to dominate” the Middle East as we did from the Suez crisis of 1956 through the Iraq invasion of 2003.

The four changes: the failures of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, the Great Recession, the Arab Spring and emerging U.S. energy independence."..."Di d those clamoring today for intervention in Syria learn nothing from Ronald Reagan’s intervention in an earlier Arab civil war, the one in Lebanon? Result: 241 dead Marines, the U.S. Embassy in Beirut bombed and hostages taken." http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

So, does the U.S. just 'cut&run' taking no responsibility for the damage that we've done to the region by our long involvement or do we gradually withdraw our military troops, but stay with our Euro and Arab allies in working out of more peaceful stable relations ? Libertarians make the mistake to assume that all conflicts in the anarchic conditions of international relations necessarily leads to war . The opposite is often the case in international relations where most interactions lie somewhere between total indifference and short of all out war.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, please enlighten me then. I asked a few liberals to name the accomplishments of Obama's leadership skills in the past.
By all means do.
She's been answered but she's gonna keep harping on it 'til she gets an answer she likes.

This can go on for days.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who's sole source of "information" is the right-wing noize machine.
Its amazing the fantasy world they've created for themselves. There's a lot of psychology behind it but don't feel like getting into it now.
Well personally I'd like to hear the psychology behind it. Homer intrigued.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... you lied?
It's in interesting habit you formed as a 'teacher' don't you think?
No, you just misunderstood again. What's new?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I have news, killing of babies outside the womb was already illegal when Obama voted no on the typical anti-abortion efforts to curb abortions through getting certain terminology in the law.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
The issue and Obama's stance, is what's important here. The life of a breathing, crying, wounded baby should never be decided by a thumbs up or down. His insistence that that power be permitted is abhorrent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 9 min truth slayer 1,866
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 175,066
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 3 hr NITiN 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Subliminal 45,866
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 5 hr hands on AR 7
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr raphael 3,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr HughBe 68,430
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr Sublime1 97,573
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search