Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,161 - 855,180 of 1,079,031 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What a momentous occasion! You're actually criticizing Obama and this administration!
Color me shocked.
Shaddup, go back to making excuses for the people you vote for. Ya got no room to throw stones, your hero George is as much at fault.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Donald Trump appeared on Monday's "Fox & Friends" and raged against National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
Snowden fled from Hong Kong to Russia over the weekend, his final destination unclear. He did not board a plane from Moscow to Havana on Monday, as some had expected. The New York Times reported that Snowden's absence from the plane headed to Cuba raised questions about whether the former NSA contractor had been detained by the Russian government.
Trump discussed Snowden's disappearance and said that spies "in the old days used to be executed." He said that authorities needed to find Snowden, arguing that the NSA leaker could provide other governments with classified information about U.S. surveillance programs.
"This guy is a bad guy," Trump said. "You know there is still a thing called execution. You really have thousands of people with access to the kind of material like this. We’re not going to have a country any longer."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/dona...
It seems that no amount of Bush-on-steroids policy and politics can enrage the popular masses of America. Even when signs of resistance emerge, like in Occupy Wall Street, Barack Obama escapes blame. American progressives, liberals, and Black misleaders will defend Obama as the “lesser-evil” in comparison to the GOP and it doesn’t matter one bit what he does. Many voters felt compelled to use the “lesser-evil” excuse in the 2012 election for a variety of reasons, all of which disregard what he has wrought. This is what makes him so valuable to those who have shaped and branded his legacy: the ruling oligarchs and elites of Wall Street, multinational corporations, the corporate media, and the opportunist Black misleaders and white liberals who defend him at all costs.

It is year five of their brand’s collective abuse and we are tossing and turning in our slumber. Eventually, products wear out and consumers become dissatisfied with their current level of function or value. But it will not be enough to simply cease from believing that the Obama Administration contributed anything positive to the interests of anyone but those in power. Although Obama is branded as a commodity, he is a politician in the flesh. Politicians act in the interest of the powerful in a capitalist state. We should treat them as such.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Riiiiight.
So that's why bushi boy invaded iraq and killed 4,400+ American soldiers for nothing.
Iraqis vote for their own leaders and Saddam didn't become Obama's problem. He's having a hard enough time dealing with Iranians protesting in the streets against their oppressive regime and the Muslim Brotherhood killing Christians in Egypt and has no idea what to do in Syria. Saddam would have certainly taken advantage of this weak link.

But babies fighting for their lives after surviving an abortion and then being denied medical attention...well, Obama seemed to think that as long as it was supposed to die anyway, voting to allow physicians to provide medical care wasn't really necessary.

Voting present on that kind of bill was the same as voting no.

Oh, yes he did.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Assata Shakur, a Black liberation exiled freedom fighter, is a most wanted terrorist as of this calendar year. The financial elites responsible for the largest transfer of wealth to the top 1 percent of the population from the 99 percent receives trillions in bailouts while people are losing their homes and jobs in high numbers. Even in the midst of staggering levels of poverty and unemployment for all and Black people especially, public schools are being turned over for profit and Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid are on the chopping block. Healthcare costs continue to soar. Obamacare does more for the profits of big pharmaceuticals and insurance companies than it does to expand coverage to Americans. Civil liberties have been eroded to dust with the passing of the National Defense Authorization Act and the re-authorizing of the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act is now under scrutiny after the NSA was caught spying on the private lives of US citizens.
FACTS NOT OBAMA FICTION
Libtard Free Zone

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Hehe!- Union Free Company!

Hostess is betting on a sweet comeback for Twinkies when they return to shelves next month.

The company that went bankrupt after an acrimonious fight with its unionized workers last year is back up and running under new owners and a leaner structure. It says it plans to have Twinkies and other snack cakes back on shelves starting July 15.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/23/swe...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about his accomplishments as a leader - not a follower.
You dope! I give you gold and you cry for swine and wine. In our country, our form of government is led by more than one leader. Senator Barack Obama was a leader in co-authoring those important bills.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I have news, killing of babies outside the womb was already illegal when Obama voted no on the typical anti-abortion efforts to curb abortions through getting certain terminology in the law.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
lololololand you support a DUMBER THAN SHI* PRESIDENT lolololhahaha getting mad with folks for not siding with your dumb AS* read the garbage you have been writing and see how stupid you have been obama contridicts everything you say you support
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Hello everyone*.

*This is inclusive, so if you are a rightwing idiot, dummy, moran, paranoid freak, and/or conspiracy theorist, please do not feel as if I have not greeted you.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I'm sure you have a post number that would support your fantary?
Right?
Right?
Nah...just ridiculing you for the fun of it.

You make it too easy.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Galt is afraid his ploy of drugging women to get laid will be in danger.
LOL
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Stock market takes another dive today wiping out its gains in May and June.
How concerned should we be if we're not an investor or wealthy?
You seem to forget that we went through the same thing in October and the market went back up again.
There's some concerns over China which we don't have any control over and the Fed is hinting that they may cut back on bond buying in anticipation of continued economic recovery. There's also the normal profit taking that occurs when the market hits highs.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddup, go back to making excuses for the people you vote for. Ya got no room to throw stones, your hero George is as much at fault.
So what you posted before was your alter ego typing?

You're the one who posted it. Can't help it if I'm shocked after all these years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sure they do. But they can also provide their own power when one reactor is shutdown for maintenance. In this case, all the reactors were.
But this wasn't a planned event.
And it's clear the DR plan was insufficient
"DR" = Dominican Republic?

Doesn't really work the way you're thinking, generated electricity goes onto the grid for distribution.

No this wasn't planned for but was accounted for in design. Problem was the earthquake was beyond the design basis by a factor of around 10 (that's 10 times more powerful than the plant was designed to withstand) and the tsunami was 3-4 meters above design basis. You can't base designs on theoretical worst-case-in-history events.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the 'what if?' queen calls someone else paranoid?
lol! That's what happens when people don't know the facts and are too lazy or afraid to find the truth.... they turn into 'what if?' dummies.
Libtard Free Zone

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to check your assumptions. When a government gets so powerful and has so many "enemies" that it feels compelled and justified in spying on, imprisoning, and assassinating its own citizens and targeting those who would hold them accountable then maybe that government's legitimacy should be called into question.
At least that's what some of those old documents in the National Archive say.
There is hope for you.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have nothing to offer in the way of Obama's past leadership accomplishments except upsetting Americans while he's learning on the job?
What are you saying exactly LNC?
Surely, you wouldn't have voted for someone without any past accomplishments in a leadership capacity.
So instead of constantly reminding me libraries have books, why don't you tell me why you voted for Obama based on his past leadership accomplishments?
I promise to be openminded.
Obama won because you Repubs had the best and brightest minds of the GOP you could find. You Betcha !!!! The entire platform was cutting taxes for the rich to create jobs. How'd those 10 years of Bush tax cuts work out for America?
Libtard Free Zone

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Hello everyone*.
*This is inclusive, so if you are a rightwing idiot, dummy, moran, paranoid freak, and/or conspiracy theorist, please do not feel as if I have not greeted you.
Why are you sharing your traits? We already know this about you.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>That would be fine with pro-lifers . They like kids having kids.
Pro-lifers generally teach their children well. It's liberals who promote "sex now,'remedies' later."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you claiming to be y'all
Those who's sole source of "information" is the right-wing noize machine.

Its amazing the fantasy world they've created for themselves. There's a lot of psychology behind it but don't feel like getting into it now.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Hello everyone*.
Okay, I will feel as if you did not greet me.

Think you meant to say "please do not feel as if I have greeted you" if anyone fell into one of those categories.

Good afternoon, Homer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 min KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min Frijoles 68,368
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 1 hr edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 1 hr edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters