Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,755)

Showing posts 855,081 - 855,100 of1,037,726
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Senators gained on Thursday what they clearly see as a crucial new ally in their quest to pass an immigration measure: Bill O'Reilly.

The Fox News host announced that, after the completion of a new Senate deal on border security, he was in favor of the bill's passage.

"It is time for the USA to pass immigration reform," he said. "For years I’ve called for a more secure southern border, you know that. And now it looks like the secure border is in reach. At least somewhat. So I hope this bill does become law."

O'Reilly and Fox News have been the subject of an intense, personal lobbying campaign by members of the so-called "Gang of Eight" who are working on the immigration bill and feel that the network's support is crucial if the GOP wants its base to accept the measure . The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza recently wrote that senators Marco Rubio, John McCain and others have talked privately to O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto to get them on side.

On Thursday, O'Reilly said that he had spoken to Rubio earlier in the day.

"Senator Rubio told me on the phone today that it would be at least 13 years—13—before people in the country illegally right now could gain full legal working status, and even longer to achieve citizenship," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/bill...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof of your first statement.
Nidal Hassan was an American citizen, he was being surveilled under the Bush administration.
You seem to have no concept of how things work. The rest of your post is the usual gobbledegook.
The Russians warned us about the Tsarnaev brothers, but this information was not taken seriously by the FBI. This, according to Valentina Matvienko, the speaker of Russia's senate.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/23/b...

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/russian-...

So do you, too, think the Fort Hood massacre was workplace violence? And that jihadist has the right to represent himself in a court of law and question those he didn't kill?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Is it me or did all you rightwingers just wake up? The government has been spying on it's people for last 100 years or more. Is it me?
It's you

"Harry: "Well the president, though, said, yesterday:'We're not listening to phone calls. We're just looking for patterns."

Joe Biden: "Harry, I don't have to listen to your phone calls to know what you're doing. If I know every single phone call you made, I'm able to determine every single person you talked to. I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive.""

----------

From aclu.org

"As Ben and Jay explained in their op-ed: "If a politician were revealed to have repeatedly called a phone sex hotline after 2:00 a.m., no one would need to know what was said on the call before drawing conclusions.""

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
If the government spys on eveyone, who's to say they didn't dig up dirt on someone like judge roberts and use that dirt to get him to do their bidding? Or won't do something similar in the future?
Interesting--Gov Blagojevich a democrat in Illinois would not do the bidding for the far left in Chicago--he is in jail for 14 more years-he took no money-but nonetheless he was sentenced because of 'attempted to sell' Barack Hussein O'bama's senate seat--and then you have several democrats in Chicago who were part of the far left who received small or no jail time. I think you are on to something here.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are against Obama sending weapons to the rebels?
Before you make an idiot out of yourself go read a news article on this topic as you are sounding like frontporch here. Completely misinformed.
Hint: Russia and Iran are opposing what Obama is doing.
... and you support Russia and Iran.

That much is clear.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

ok wingnuts, it's official.

Bush-era whistle-blower: Obama was NSA wiretap victim in 2004

Former National Security Agency analyst Russ Tice, a Bush-era whistle-blower, recently made startling claims that the federal government’s wiretap endeavors targeted high-ranking government officials, including military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.

One of those target wound up being elected president. In appearance on “The Boiling Frogs Show” on Wednesday, Tice made the astonishing claim that the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Democratic Senate hopeful Barack Obama in 2004, weeks prior to his breakout speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention in Boston.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/bush-era-wh...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am trying to get you to inform me. Here's your chance...the question was 'doesn't FOX run 24 hours a day?' if you are so informed please inform me.
That's never worked son.

You don't listen if you don't like the answer.

So why are you lying?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL! It's not you, they're collectively stupid, non of them read a paper or paid attention to anything until the black guy became President!!!
Your hero's sidekick said it was very, very intrusive before the 1/2 white guy became president.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Senators gained on Thursday what they clearly see as a crucial new ally in their quest to pass an immigration measure: Bill O'Reilly.
The Fox News host announced that, after the completion of a new Senate deal on border security, he was in favor of the bill's passage.
"It is time for the USA to pass immigration reform," he said. "For years I’ve called for a more secure southern border, you know that. And now it looks like the secure border is in reach. At least somewhat. So I hope this bill does become law."
O'Reilly and Fox News have been the subject of an intense, personal lobbying campaign by members of the so-called "Gang of Eight" who are working on the immigration bill and feel that the network's support is crucial if the GOP wants its base to accept the measure . The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza recently wrote that senators Marco Rubio, John McCain and others have talked privately to O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto to get them on side.
On Thursday, O'Reilly said that he had spoken to Rubio earlier in the day.
"Senator Rubio told me on the phone today that it would be at least 13 years—13—before people in the country illegally right now could gain full legal working status, and even longer to achieve citizenship," he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/bill...
I get all my fox news from you, thanks sonic.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
If the government spys on eveyone, who's to say they didn't dig up dirt on someone like judge roberts and use that dirt to get him to do their bidding? Or won't do something similar in the future?
The rhetoric that NSA has strict requirements to listen in on American citizens' conversation and read their emails has been disproven by those who know first-hand being allowed to do this by anyone is rubber stamped if they just ask for permission.

Even Bob Beckle, a liberal, said this was true when he saw it happeneing as far back as the 1970s under the Carter administration.

The standards have become much looser since then and thousands of contractors now have access to this information.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Flack pines away for the old days! He envisions the game from the he was playing in his highschool gym in 1965. Can't accept change.
Great game last night! Totally phenomenal!
Baseball follows the rules. NASCAR follows the rules. Golf follow the rules. Football follows the rules. They all follow the rules and are penalized if they don't. What makes basketball (NBA) so special that they are not required to follow the rules of the game? If you don't like the rule, change it. To ignore a rule lowers the standing of the game. Rules are there for a reason. But you all being libtards ignoring a rule (law) that you don't like is second nature so no one should be surprised.

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL! It's not you, they're collectively stupid, non of them read a paper or paid attention to anything until the black guy became President!!!
Actually most people started paying attention when Hillary Clinton tried to push Hillary Care down our throats-the republicans were ushered into office. I never voted for a democrat after my vote for Bill Clinton in his first term. He was the most disgusting president in history. Young and dumb is no excuse-but I was.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting--Gov Blagojevich a democrat in Illinois would not do the bidding for the far left in Chicago--he is in jail for 14 more years-he took no money-but nonetheless he was sentenced because of 'attempted to sell' Barack Hussein O'bama's senate seat--and then you have several democrats in Chicago who were part of the far left who received small or no jail time. I think you are on to something here.
Look at the patreaus affair. There is nothing we can do that the government can't find out about. And if anyone believes a politician won't use that kind of information to get his way, they must be a liberal.

<unlike 100 years ago, homer>

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Only you 2 idiots think phone calls were being tracked 100 years ago.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
From aclu.org
"As Ben and Jay explained in their op-ed: "If a politician were revealed to have repeatedly called a phone sex hotline after 2:00 a.m., no one would need to know what was said on the call before drawing conclusions.""
And if people in high places wanted to use that information against their political enemies - this administration could continue to abuse and overreach its power.

That's the main concern everyone has now. No one trusts Obama and everyone in his administration.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack yearns for the days of the two handed set shot.
"real dumb"
I would make a bet that "flack" yearns for the day when;
- Traveling was called
- When double dribble was called
- When 6'9" 270 pound so called big men did not flop when ran into and then lie and cringe on the floor in an attempt to get a foul called
- When basketball was about team and not about me, the chest thumping BS is disgraceful
- When moving screens were called
- When players accepted fouls called on them instead of whining and crying
- When the average Joe could afford to take his son to an NBA game
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The rhetoric that NSA has strict requirements to listen in on American citizens' conversation and read their emails has been disproven by those who know first-hand being allowed to do this by anyone is rubber stamped if they just ask for permission.
Even Bob Beckle, a liberal, said this was true when he saw it happeneing as far back as the 1970s under the Carter administration.
The standards have become much looser since then and thousands of contractors now have access to this information.
Information is power. Politicians are addicted to power. With todays technology, its like super heroin to someone like obama.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you
"Harry: "Well the president, though, said, yesterday:'We're not listening to phone calls. We're just looking for patterns."
Joe Biden: "Harry, I don't have to listen to your phone calls to know what you're doing. If I know every single phone call you made, I'm able to determine every single person you talked to. I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive.""
----------
From aclu.org
So spying on Americans just began under this administration. Okay, thanks.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I type real slow.
1) They are taxed now.
2) If the law changed from taxing these foreign profits in the year they were made instead of when they were repatriated, then more of those overseas profits would come back to the US & invested here. A incentive to build plants overseas would be eliminated.
3) The taxes used to be collected in the year they were made & guess what? US companies did not collapse as you & Flacktard claim. They flourished.
My God you right whiners don't know f*cking sh*t ( I included those two words so Galt would know it was me posting).
Of course, in Dumbass Dave's world, they would never decide to become foreign corporations.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
ok wingnuts, it's official.
Bush-era whistle-blower: Obama was NSA wiretap victim in 2004
Former National Security Agency analyst Russ Tice, a Bush-era whistle-blower, recently made startling claims that the federal government’s wiretap endeavors targeted high-ranking government officials, including military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.
One of those target wound up being elected president. In appearance on “The Boiling Frogs Show” on Wednesday, Tice made the astonishing claim that the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Democratic Senate hopeful Barack Obama in 2004, weeks prior to his breakout speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention in Boston.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/bush-era-wh...
Not possible, Eman says this program was started under the Obama administration.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 855,081 - 855,100 of1,037,726
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Sublime1 96,404
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min LRS 167,754
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min _Zoey_ 4,045
Music Artists A to Z 58 min _Zoey_ 102
Amy 4-24 1 hr RACE 35
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tea Bagger 511
Amy 4-23 1 hr RACE 43
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance