Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
855,061 - 855,080 of 1,100,219 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
LNC Llin

United States

#930838 Jun 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
before it's all over, he'll have to call every republican in congress a democrat.
if they want to be reelected, sooner or later they'll have start worrying about what's best for the country rather than the radical agenda of the Tea Party. and we know how the nutjobs are about hating what's best for America.
RINO is such a neat republican term. They are destroying their own party and hope a few scandals will distract.
LOL
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930839 Jun 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> I can't list all of Barack Obama's accomplishments as a U.S. Senator ,but here's a few important ones. Read the entire article . "Don't be a dummy. When your smart-ass conservative friend asks you to name a bill that Obama helped write or get passed, here's a pretty big list to choose from."..."The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act
Introduced by Sen. John McCain in May 2005, and cosponsored by Sen. Edward Kennedy. Barack Obama added three amendments to this bill.
While the bill was never voted on in the Senate, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Acts of 2006 and 2007, respectively, drew heavily upon the wording of this bill." ..."The Lugar-Obama Cooperative Threat Reduction.
Introduced by Sen. Barack Obama, Sen. Dick Lugar and Sen. Tom Coburn.
First introduced in November 2005 and enacted in 2007, this bill expanded upon the successful Nunn-Lugar threat reduction, which helped secure weapons of mass destruction and related infrastructure in former Soviet Union states." ... "Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006
This act of Congress, introduced by Senators Obama and Coburn, required the full disclosure of all entities or organizations receiving federal funds in FY2007."... Honest Leadership and Open Government Act
In the first month of the 110th Congress, Obama worked with Sen. Russ Feingold to pass this law, which amends and strengthens the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995.
Specificially, the changes made by Obama and Feingold requires public disclosure of lobbying activity and funding, places more restrictions on gifts for members of Congress and their staff, and provides for mandatory disclosure of earmarks in expenditure bills.
The House passed the bill, 411-8, on July 31. The Senate approved it, 83-14, on Aug. 2. At the time, Obama called it "the most sweeping ethics reform since Watergate." http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/07/07/5478...
I'm talking about his accomplishments as a leader - not a follower.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#930840 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the real world. We're apparently living in a parallel universe presently.
That's a glimpse of the real world from the fantasy land y'all occupy where all your lies are true!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930841 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being told what not to think by the liberal propaganda machine who tell you half-truths, omissions and flat out falsehoods starting at the very top by those in high places to the lowest liberal talking heads on cable networks and websites.
And yet, something as simple as the CRA confuses you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930842 Jun 24, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
I am not a crook!
I do not abuse my power (at least not this morning, yet).
You are certainly an idiot, son.
LNC Llin

United States

#930843 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as Joe Kennedy hated the British so much that he was pro-Nazi.
in fact!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930844 Jun 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I've been calling them progressives for years.
Progressives is a mind set not a national party.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930845 Jun 24, 2013
THE topix obama supporters on this thread are slowly disappearing,, crawling back under the rocks where they came from NJ1 everyday they look more foolish obama gave up along time ago he was a fraud and noone important really took him seriously and he never took his biggest supporters seriously IM not the PRESIDENT OF BLACK AMERICA oh SNAP at least the NO AMERICAN UNDOCUMENTED BORDER CROSSERS THEY HAVE AN ADVOCATE for change and you got swagg lolololohahahahaha
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930846 Jun 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all whistle blowers are Snowden.
We have laws protecting whistle blowers as they help keep our government open to the voters.
You and any other progressives chanting "You either all in for Obama or traitor" are brain washed sheep. I have no patience for those you sold themselves to a leader.
Scat now!
OBama has been ruthless to whistle blowers prosecuting more than any other admin in first four years.
It's a fact!
Right. Andrew Breitbart died before he had a chance to defend.

Too bad.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930847 Jun 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a glimpse of the real world from the fantasy land y'all occupy where all your lies are true!
Who are you claiming to be y'all
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930848 Jun 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Progressives with their nonsense isn't handing anybody anything of value.
As opposed to cons who keep trying to take anything of value?

wow.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930849 Jun 24, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the welfare out of the farm bill and it will pass, dufus.
I'm sure since it has conservative porkulus.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930850 Jun 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot retard liberals start and are the "proud parents" of the birther movement, sellout, then blame someone else because they're the idiots..
It's the culture...
lol! And right wing crazies have taken it and kept it alive.

Talk with Orly Taitz lately son? You should!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930851 Jun 24, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
RINO is such a neat republican term. They are destroying their own party and hope a few scandals will distract.
LOL
Not that the Progressives didn't use to call Dems DINO if they didn't fall lack step in with them.

Now it is a mindless group being directed by some entity.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930852 Jun 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
We can also expect media to spend more time attacking Snowden and Greenwald rather than focusing on the spying by NSA on US citizens.
Even by the gossip service fart news?

wow.

It must make you sad.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930853 Jun 24, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....there's his vigorous support for the killing of late term abortion survivors. You'd think liberals would be crowing about that! I wonder why they don't?
Well, there IS that. A president with such a callous disregard for human life and what my fellow countrymen considered an accomplishment. Why I no longer knew them until the Tea Party movement and stumbling onto this thread when I found them again.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930854 Jun 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Right. Andrew Breitbart died before he had a chance to defend.
Too bad.
Help us out. If you ever have anything of value to say-put stars around it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930855 Jun 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>"Lifes tough!! It's even tougher if you're more stupid you idiot!!
Mercifully Bush is gone and has been gone for going on 5 years. He isn't today's newspaper you moron, he's last year's newspaper, president a decade ago you idiot!
LMFAO... You idiot still breastfeeding on GW Bush and sucking Dick
Cheney while the country slides into an abyss and goes to hell...
It's the culture...
Yes, and his garbage and trash and dead bodies are still here for the rest of us to clean up.

It's like Walmart leaving a town after they've destroyed all the small businesses.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930856 Jun 24, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Exchange "Obama" for "Putin", same response, same reason.
Good one!
LNC Llin

United States

#930857 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about his accomplishments as a leader - not a follower.
you remain confused, which might be reduced by reading a bit of history?
otherwise you are fun to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min Mimi Seattle 97,933
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 52 min Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min Crazy Jae 568
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 4,651
Amy 8-29 9 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••