Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#930941 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I will feel as if you did not greet me.
Think you meant to say "please do not feel as if I have greeted you" if anyone fell into one of those categories.
Good afternoon, Homer.
No, I meant to say exactly what I said.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930942 Jun 24, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not running a class in basic American History for you.
American History course must exist at UCF Orlando.
Most of us have lives off Topix.
Now retired you have time to spend with a real life?
You've been on here all morning - and it's Monday. So what do you do exactly?

Do you go to a local library every day and get on one of their computers and that's why you keep referring to libaries?

Am I even close?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#930943 Jun 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddup, go back to making excuses for the people you vote for. Ya got no room to throw stones, your hero George is as much at fault.
Bush Jr. made several poor decisions, including appointing Roberts.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930944 Jun 24, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Obama won because you Repubs had the best and brightest minds of the GOP you could find. You Betcha !!!! The entire platform was cutting taxes for the rich to create jobs. How'd those 10 years of Bush tax cuts work out for America?
Politicians won and AMERICA lost the OBAMA supporter unless they are in the ! PERCENT have gained nothing OH I forgot they got an OBAMAPHONE while obamas wall supporter got the BILLION dollar contract to provide the obama phone lololololol give me the contract keep obama phone

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#930945 Jun 24, 2013
It's interesting that Sarah Palin has been invited back to join Fox&Friends after she went on a crash summer reading program of all Patrick Buchanan foreign policy works. Who would have thought that Sarah could change her mind so fast from militarist interventionist Bush43 apologist to an America Firster non-interventionist that sounds like George McGovern?"The Palin Doctrine" "On U.S. military intervention in Syria’s civil war, where ”both sides are slaughtering each other as they scream over an arbitrary red line ‘Allahu akbar’… I say let Allah sort it out.”

So said Sarah Palin to the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference. And, as is not infrequently the case, she nailed it.

Hours later, Gideon Rachman of the Financial Times, at length, echoed Palin:“Those who are urging the US to get more deeply involved in the Syrian conflict now are living in the past.”..."Four fundamental changes make it “no longer realistic, or even desirable, for the US to dominate” the Middle East as we did from the Suez crisis of 1956 through the Iraq invasion of 2003.

The four changes: the failures of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, the Great Recession, the Arab Spring and emerging U.S. energy independence."..."Di d those clamoring today for intervention in Syria learn nothing from Ronald Reagan’s intervention in an earlier Arab civil war, the one in Lebanon? Result: 241 dead Marines, the U.S. Embassy in Beirut bombed and hostages taken." http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

So, does the U.S. just 'cut&run' taking no responsibility for the damage that we've done to the region by our long involvement or do we gradually withdraw our military troops, but stay with our Euro and Arab allies in working out of more peaceful stable relations ? Libertarians make the mistake to assume that all conflicts in the anarchic conditions of international relations necessarily leads to war . The opposite is often the case in international relations where most interactions lie somewhere between total indifference and short of all out war.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#930946 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, please enlighten me then. I asked a few liberals to name the accomplishments of Obama's leadership skills in the past.
By all means do.
She's been answered but she's gonna keep harping on it 'til she gets an answer she likes.

This can go on for days.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#930947 Jun 24, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who's sole source of "information" is the right-wing noize machine.
Its amazing the fantasy world they've created for themselves. There's a lot of psychology behind it but don't feel like getting into it now.
Well personally I'd like to hear the psychology behind it. Homer intrigued.

Chicago Thugtown

#930948 Jun 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... you lied?
It's in interesting habit you formed as a 'teacher' don't you think?
No, you just misunderstood again. What's new?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#930949 Jun 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I have news, killing of babies outside the womb was already illegal when Obama voted no on the typical anti-abortion efforts to curb abortions through getting certain terminology in the law.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
The issue and Obama's stance, is what's important here. The life of a breathing, crying, wounded baby should never be decided by a thumbs up or down. His insistence that that power be permitted is abhorrent.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930950 Jun 24, 2013
OBAMA FITS THIS TO A TEE The Doctrine of Mandatory Black Failure

Journalist Pascal Robert, a frequent contributor to Black Agenda Report, speaking at a Left Forum workshop on the Economy and Ecology of Haiti, quoted Napoleon’s rational for sending 60,000 troops to attempt to crush the Haitian Revolution, in 1802.“My decision to destroy the authority of the blacks in Saint-Domingue,” Robert quoted the Frenchman,“is not so much based on considerations of commerce and money, as on the need to block forever the march of the blacks in the world.” We must realize, said Robert,“that there is a part of western foreign policy that invests in the importance of failed models of liberation. There is a psychic benefit to western imperialist nations to make sure that certain Black and brown nations stay failed, and do not ever give examples of success.”

Chicago Thugtown

#930951 Jun 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Do you just talk to hear yourself talking? I'm trying to eat lunch.
Don't forget to clean your dentures when you're done!

Chicago Thugtown

#930952 Jun 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer intrigued.
Did somebody cut one?
Sanjay

New York, NY

#930953 Jun 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
Snapshot: U.S. Obesity Rate Ticking Up
U.S. adult obesity rate up to 27.1% in 2013, from 26.2% in 2012
by Alyssa Brown
WASHINGTON, D.C.-- The adult obesity rate in the U.S. thus far in 2013, at 27.1%, is on pace to surpass rates in prior years. It is up from 26.2% in 2012 and much higher than the 25.5% found in 2008.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/163205/snapshot-ob...
Come on fatties can you all have a frickin' salad once in awhile? This is just going to lead to higher healthcare costs. You fat people are the reason Homer's health insurance goes up every year.
Now forget about that fast food burger and fries with the large chocolate shake and a large soft ice cream for desert and go have a salad for lunch instead, then go for a long walk.
that's so racist of you Homer. you've insulted Looney Lily and Leosnotta big time (pun intended.)

and we're increasing the number of fatties with illegal alien amnesty.

"The statistics are startling. Sixty-six percent of African-American women are overweight and 37 percent are technically obese, meaning that they are 30 percent above ideal body weight. The figures for Mexican-American women are similar: 66 percent overweight and 33 percent obese. For Caucasian women, the figures are slightly lower with 49 percent considered overweight and 24 percent, obese..."

http://journalism.nyu.edu/publishing/archives...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930954 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Palin was a successful governor and went after the corruption in her own party and won. The liberal propaganda machine just made her an easy target - and her children too.
Not saying she was any more qualified to step into the presidency than Joe Biden.
But you get my drift.
The Bush tax cuts were the only thing that got the economy up and running again after 9/1l, Bozo.
(You don't mind if I call you Bozo when you post clown-like and misleading information, do you?)
She quit when she couldn't stand the heat son.

And she complained about it like a spoiled brat.

She now has less 'experience' than Obama and he's done quite well.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930955 Jun 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You dope! I give you gold and you cry for swine and wine. In our country, our form of government is led by more than one leader. Senator Barack Obama was a leader in co-authoring those important bills.
Obama is still co-authoring by relinquishing his authority to let others do the work for him.

He's just supposed to read the Teleprompter without making too many embarrassing mistakes and keep fundraising.

If even Chris Matthews knows this, why don't you?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#930956 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But you get my drift.
The Bush tax cuts were the only thing that got the economy up
?)

LOL are you SCREWED UP. Lets put this to numbers.Get your opinionated goof ball economics off the thread. What a nut!

A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there are more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false as compared to the democrats
Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact it is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true.
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Clinton and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Now pass on this one small example of the fallacies of the republican’s erroneous policies and deceptions..

Location hidden

#930957 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have nothing to offer in the way of Obama's past leadership accomplishments except upsetting Americans while he's learning on the job?
What are you saying exactly LNC?
Surely, you wouldn't have voted for someone without any past accomplishments in a leadership capacity.
So instead of constantly reminding me libraries have books, why don't you tell me why you voted for Obama based on his past leadership accomplishments?
I promise to be openminded.
"open mind"

lol

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#930958 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Palin was a successful governor and went after the corruption in her own party and won. The liberal propaganda machine just made her an easy target - and her children too.
Not saying she was any more qualified to step into the presidency than Joe Biden.
But you get my drift.
The Bush tax cuts were the only thing that got the economy up and running again after 9/1l, Bozo.
(You don't mind if I call you Bozo when you post clown-like and misleading information, do you?)
Climb out of your clown car dummy. It wasn't Bush tax cuts that 'got the U S economy 'up and running again' but new government TSA regulations and screening requirements at airports and other transportation hubs that made Americans feel safer about traveling and the significant big government bail-outs(never paid back) of the U S airlines after 9/11.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930959 Jun 24, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just misunderstood again. What's new?
Then feel free to explain what the schoolteacher meant son.

Location hidden

#930960 Jun 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I have news, killing of babies outside the womb was already illegal when Obama voted no on the typical anti-abortion efforts to curb abortions through getting certain terminology in the law.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
They know this, they're just playing dumb (See:Carol).

Well, "playing" may not be the word I'm looking for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holiday Greetings 11 min Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 28 min Negras all 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 182,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 4 hr Tim 146
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?