Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930883 Jun 24, 2013
IF BLACKS published books that are taken seriously by readers they could change HISTORY ABOUT OBAMA but you know the rest waiting to exhale lolololololo I dont think so lolololololohahaha tyler perry lololololololhahahaha jamie foxx lolololooloolhahahaha kobe byrant lololhahah jay z lolololall coopted no real agenda for BLACKS just keep listing away waiting for a great WHITE HOPE after all obama was a flop lololhahahahaha
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#930884 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the "conservative hour"? Where'd the other side go?
Well, unlike a lot of you on the right we have a life outside of Topix. I'm catching up on my reading and tackling projects around the house.
Also, quite frankly, it gets really boring after a while to read the same old talking points from you and your right wing ilk.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930885 Jun 24, 2013
Twinkies is returning sans the union
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930886 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there IS that. A president with such a callous disregard for human life and what my fellow countrymen considered an accomplishment. Why I no longer knew them until the Tea Party movement and stumbling onto this thread when I found them again.
Riiiiight.

So that's why bushi boy invaded iraq and killed 4,400+ American soldiers for nothing.
LNC Llin

United States

#930887 Jun 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting
Yes
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930888 Jun 24, 2013
The corporate media are the megaphones of humanitarian death, as dispensed by the U.S. and its allies. If Obama says “Assad must go,” the high-paid press do all in their power to make the public crave his blood.“The media are loyal to the system, not to their profession, their readers, or their listeners.”
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#930890 Jun 24, 2013
Donald Trump appeared on Monday's "Fox & Friends" and raged against National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.

Snowden fled from Hong Kong to Russia over the weekend, his final destination unclear. He did not board a plane from Moscow to Havana on Monday, as some had expected. The New York Times reported that Snowden's absence from the plane headed to Cuba raised questions about whether the former NSA contractor had been detained by the Russian government.

Trump discussed Snowden's disappearance and said that spies "in the old days used to be executed." He said that authorities needed to find Snowden, arguing that the NSA leaker could provide other governments with classified information about U.S. surveillance programs.

"This guy is a bad guy," Trump said. "You know there is still a thing called execution. You really have thousands of people with access to the kind of material like this. We’re not going to have a country any longer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/dona...
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930891 Jun 24, 2013
The sheer weight of the damage done to Blacks under Obama’s watch prompted some of his strong supporters to demonstrate in front the White House, this past Monday – a first, from that quarter. However, the event was mislabeled as a Day of Direct Action, which it was definitely not. That's like announcing you're launching armed struggle, and then challenging Obama to an arm wrestling contest.

NEWS BLACK OUT HELPS OBAMA not BLACKS
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930892 Jun 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Help us out. If you ever have anything of value to say-put stars around it.
Son, you could help us in the same way by posting only when do and leave the rest off.

But alas, I'm sure you can't follow instructions.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#930893 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is a KGB bad guy, but with respect to Islamic terrorists, Putin recognizes the danger, while Obama supports his Islamic buddies.
Otherwise, not much difference between the two.
Galt thinks killing their leaders with drones is supporting terrorists.

Galt not too smart.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#930894 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're saying you're paranoid, then it makes a lot of sense.
the 'what if?' queen calls someone else paranoid?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930895 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who thinks the CRA stands for Canadian Revenue Agency.
Really? I'm sure you have a post number that would support your fantary?

Right?

Right?
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930896 Jun 24, 2013
HERE IS A REAL BARAKA Ajamu Baraka

The U.S. imperial juggernaut attempts to bamboozle its home audience with the fiction that its war against Syria is a “humanitarian” venture.“The immediate priority for anti-war, anti-imperialist, human rights activists in the U.S. is to strip away the moral pretext of humanitarian intervention and expose its ugly, imperialist reality.”
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930897 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt awaits the first rape case where some poor sucker gets railroaded because the girl was high on pot and couldn't give informed consent.
You don't need to be high on anything to convict someone of a crime they didn't commit son.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#930898 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt awaits the first rape case where some poor sucker gets railroaded because the girl was high on pot and couldn't give informed consent.
Galt is afraid his ploy of drugging women to get laid will be in danger.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#930899 Jun 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unlike a lot of you on the right we have a life outside of Topix. I'm catching up on my reading and tackling projects around the house.
Also, quite frankly, it gets really boring after a while to read the same old talking points from you and your right wing ilk.
Funny, that's exactly the way we feel about you!

How is Sweden doing?
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930900 Jun 24, 2013
TALK ABOUT BUSH The Best Corporate Brand Yet: President Barack Obama
The Obama brand has worked wonders as the face of U.S. imperialism and rule of the rich. Black America is the brand’s “most prized” consumer.“The Obama brand has used the media to pervert the history of the Black struggle for justice by using the dead-end, ideological conclusion that the first so-called ‘Black president’ is ‘racial progress.’”

President Barack Obama is the American ruling class’s most valuable product to date. Once he went out on the presidential market in 2008, he was branded as a smooth-talking, elite educated symbol of “hope.” This has led to a highly successful 4-plus year campaign of rehabilitating the damage the Bush Jr. administration caused to the reputations of the financial speculators and war-hawk politicians. Of course, liberals and progressives are avid consumers of the Obama brand. However, the most prized consumer is the Black community. The branders target Black minds with the weapon of the corporate media. The Obama brand has used the media to pervert the history of the Black struggle for justice by using the dead-end, ideological conclusion that the first so-called “Black president” is “racial progress.”
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930901 Jun 24, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
keeping you upset since 2009 :-)
Orlando has book stores and libraries.
So you have nothing to offer in the way of Obama's past leadership accomplishments except upsetting Americans while he's learning on the job?

What are you saying exactly LNC?

Surely, you wouldn't have voted for someone without any past accomplishments in a leadership capacity.

So instead of constantly reminding me libraries have books, why don't you tell me why you voted for Obama based on his past leadership accomplishments?

I promise to be openminded.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#930902 Jun 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You people are really in love with Russians now, aren't you?
You love Putin....
You like what he's doing in Syria...
You love his so much one would suspect you're a fifth column.
OBAMA is from the FIFTH column and he shows he has no clothes on
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930903 Jun 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done a bunch of stuff since I started posting this morning.

Maybe I am better at multitasking.

Yeah will be here representing you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Guru 187,883
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min OzRitz 53,056
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Gas Woman 69,825
Word (Dec '08) 38 min _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 39 min _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 7 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]