Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
854,661 - 854,680 of 1,084,471 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Democrats are like 7th grade girls. Everything is based on emotion.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt and Aunt Bettie were two singing his praises
I admit I do not read all posts here. BUT,

The last post I did read from Bettie was what most Americans would say if polled

Is it good Americans knows about NSA keeping data on all citizens? Yes
Was it right for Snowden to share info with foreign governments? No

It is two prong like NSA itself
-Do you approve of NSA tracking foreign terrorist? Yes
-Do you approve of NSA keeping data on ordinary citizens? No
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Democrats are like 7th grade girls. Everything is based on emotion.
politics seems based on emotion and dominated by television.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I do not read all posts here. BUT,
The last post I did read from Bettie was what most Americans would say if polled
Is it good Americans knows about NSA keeping data on all citizens? Yes
Was it right for Snowden to share info with foreign governments? No
It is two prong like NSA itself
-Do you approve of NSA tracking foreign terrorist? Yes
-Do you approve of NSA keeping data on ordinary citizens? No
freedom vs security?
When people are scared they often choose security.
Do we want a national security state?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
1. Surveillance has contributed to thwarting more than 50 terror plots since 9/11, according to the NSA.
NSA Director Keith Alexander testified that NSA surveillance has played a role in preventing more than 50 terrorist attacks since September 11, 2001. FBI deputy director Sean Joyce provided an outline of four of those cases:
2. The NSA doesn't need court approval each time it searches Americans' phone records.
3. 10 NSA officials have permission to give information about US citizens to the FBI
There are 10 NSA officials—including Inglis and Alexander—involved in determining whether information collected about US citizens can be provided to the FBI. It can only be shared if there's independent evidence that the target has connections to a terrorist organization. Inglis said that if the information is found to be irrelevant, it must be destroyed. If the NSA mistakenly targets an American citizen, it must report this to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
4. Other countries are less transparent than the US, officials say.
Cole said that the FISA Amendments Act provides more due process than is afforded to citizens of European countries, including Germany, the United Kingdom, and France. Alexander added that "virtually all" countries have laws that compel telecommunications firms to turn over information on suspects.
5) Fewer than 300 phone numbers were targeted in 2012.
NSA officials say that even though the agency has access to Americans' phone records, it investigated fewer than 300 phone numbers connected to US citizens in 2012. The officials did not provide any detail on the number of email addresses targeted.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/06/5-new...
Mother Jones would defend Josef Stalin and Hugo Chavez.

So what's your point?

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point?
What action do you suggest?
Awareness, speaking out , and discussion without the preconceived idea that we always know the whole story. When the system itself has been corrupted, pitting one side against the other doesn't fix the system.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
fkoff you stupid racist polack closet queen
Knee-Jerk that you are....
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, the only change will be the worsening of things.
With two political parties putting on a show for the Media we often end up with the same policies no matter who wins?

We remain optimistic if we have good friend and family

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>George Washington did something bigger than all that , he founded the first public corporation to build the largest public works project of his time in building the Erie Canal and opening the American West to expansion and development.
He also chopped down a Cherry Tree but what does this have to do with blaming the present Day Magic Negro's unconstitutional abuses of power?

Get relevant or get lost.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
... been a winning formula in recent election cycles?
Only because you and Yeah and far too many others are being told what not to think and ya'll are doing what you're not told to do very well.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The next Republican president will keep the National Security State in place as well.
After the Boston attack, public questioned why the security services had NOT followed up on tips from Russia.
Remember
Peace
The argument isn't about having the NSA, but rather about using it for extensive spying on American citizens. For those who can't see the difference, well....

Boycott the Food Channel!

Bloomberg for President!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Paine is puking in his grave.
Right?? Thanks to progressive liberalism, the author of "Common Sense" IS puking in his grave.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>Awareness, speaking out , and discussion without the preconceived idea that we always know the whole story. When the system itself has been corrupted, pitting one side against the other doesn't fix the system.
To what extent do we EVER know the whole story?

We don't. But making a stab at fixing perceived wrongs is both a right and an obligation. How often do people in power use the "State Secrets" BS on the citizens who ask questions? Often. VERY often.

With this administration, arguably more than ever.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>George Washington did something bigger than all that , he founded the first public corporation to build the largest public works project of his time in building the Erie Canal and opening the American West to expansion and development.
Completely false.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>Awareness, speaking out , and discussion without the preconceived idea that we always know the whole story. When the system itself has been corrupted, pitting one side against the other doesn't fix the system.
No. Being an idiot though, contributes to decay.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
With two political parties putting on a show for the Media we often end up with the same policies no matter who wins?
We remain optimistic if we have good friend and family
Skepticism comes in two varieties; Healthy and Unhealthy.

For a government of the people, for the people and by the people to remain responsive *TO* the people, citizens need to keep a healthy skepticism in place at all times.

With the present administration in place especially, our keeping a healthy skepticism will save the Republic.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in flight to Ecuador who has granted him immunity.
"Whatever"
The congress should not give another dollar of tax payer money to Ecuador. Not a dime.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire mish-mash of whistle blower laws?
I'm saying the Obama administration is busy putting an end to whistle blowing and investigative journalism effectively ending government accountability.
Get it?
Whistle blowing is a good thing, but the whistle blower must be willing to accept the consequences, particularly if inaccurate.

Investigative journalism is essential.

The fact that Obama is trying to crush both raises serious questions as to why.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Soros-funded???
That's y'all's problem, if it sounds good enough to you that it SHOULD be the truth you run with it regardless of its authenticity.
In most circles its known as "lying".
It is documented

Open Society Foundation is Soros' group.

The 990 forms for Open Society Foundation
http://www.guidestar.org/organizations/13-702...

These filings show donations to
The Foundation for National Progress. This organization found Media Consortium which has also received money from Open Society Foundation. Media Consortium funnels funds to Foundation for National Progress to assist in funding projects.

Foundation for National Progress exists to publish and support "Mother Jones"
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

So yes Soros helps fund Mother Jones

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Feinstein-Blum said:
"The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.
So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to– if you’re going to do this — find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
Judge for yourself.
If you think this is Feinstein claiming all vets are mentally ill then you are dumber than your pal Eed.

Besides, Moocher Eed has a quote. That quote does not appear in your post.

I know it will be a shock but some vets returning from war actually have PTSD. Some not all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••