Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,729)

Showing posts 854,561 - 854,580 of1,071,174
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The piece that you cite is generally supportive of fracking, which is safe if performed properly.
Treatment of the frac water is a significant technical issue, but with available solutions.
.. which currently involves dumping into municipal systems.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
when will republicans realize
SADDAM HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11
SADDAM HAD NO WMD'S
SADDAM WAS NOT A THREAT TO THE U.S.
THE MIDDLE EAST WAS MORE STABLE WITH SADDAM IN POWER
IRAN AND AL QAEDA WERE THE BIGGEST WINNERS IN THE IRAQ WAR
Shhhhh! His training and brainwashing doesn't cover truth...

... only conservative politics.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a traitor defending another traitor.
You have lost the tiny amount of credibility you had here, you serial lying 24/7 Topix addict.
WingNut stupid nuculur ignorance does Trump common sense you idiot4life...

Hidden location in Wethersfield, Connecticunt and a childish avatar on Topix, you nitwit breastfeeding on George Bush, LOL... and sucking Dick Cheney should really inflame your root smoocher buddies on here... LFMAO...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, I didn't realize how dense you actually are. I said we should be spending money to develop alternative, clean sources of energy.
they are not perfect yet, but we should DEVELOP the technology to make them viable
according to your thinking we wouldn't have jets, because they weren't around when the Wright brothers first flew....you know the gov't shouldn't have spent money developing
jet engines/jet power
diesel locomotive engines, coal fired was just fine
the types of energy we should work on improving with advances in technology to capitalize on their potential
GEOTHERMAL
SOLAR
WIND
AND as yet to be named.....
One cannot develop something that doesn't exist.

All the sources that you cited have severe geographical limitations, severe reliability problems, and significant environmental effects. All require fossil fuel backup sources for reliability.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your opinion our government never passes laws that are bad? By their very nature, laws are infallible?
Wow, I don't know what government you have been paying attention to but its obviously not the same one I've had my eye on.
What are you mumbling about?

You need to state what your objection is.

What do you find bad about the whistle blower law? What do you think needs changed?

Or are you saying the Obama admin is corrupt and the whistle blower law does not protect individuals?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>True. But what does the Fukushima plan design look like?
The problem at Fukushima was the loss of backup power supply, not the reactor design.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The one study said it could be done safely; however, is it always done safely is what the rest of the article is about. Methane has been found in ground water near fracking sites. Cleaning this up should be at the expense of the company doing the fracking not the homeowner.
Shell seems optimistic in their ability to deal with all the sulfur. However, the large amounts remains an environmental concern.
"Has been found" means what?

Many water wells release hydrogen sulfide completely unrelated to any gas drilling activity.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The piece that you cite is generally supportive of fracking, which is safe if performed properly.
Treatment of the frac water is a significant technical issue, but with available solutions.
Fracking will turn out to be the most devastating environmental disasters to visit humanity.

Your ignorance concerning this issue is as dumb as your ignorance concerning coal.

Y'see, it's all geology, a subject you know nothing about. A field where I earn my living. The very idea that you can break the rocks deep in the earth's crust and have no fissures or cracks extending into aquifers or rivers is pure stupidity that only the truly ignorant can believe.

Likely you've never been to a fracking site. You have no idea what occurs there. It's not pretty, it's not clean, it's not safe.

When the potable water supplies are contaminated, there will be no turning back, as GE will get to sell every household in America filtration systems.

More corporate control of citizens.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a traitor defending another traitor.
You have lost the tiny amount of credibility you had here, you serial lying 24/7 Topix addict.
Using the whistle blower law does not make you a traitor -idiot.

You have been proving how big of a fool you are all morning long. Do you idiotically believe that name calling equals intelligence?

The only ones you are fooling here is your fellow clowns who offer the same nonsense.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Has been found" means what?
Many water wells release hydrogen sulfide completely unrelated to any gas drilling activity.
Methane in ground water. It was part of the article.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>.. which currently involves dumping into municipal systems.
Correct, under permit by state agencies. In that case, the correct term is discharging, not dumping. Just like when you take a dump at home or at work.

Fracking water contains high concentrations of chlorides and total dissolved solids, which are not toxic except for the high concentrations. Discharging in small quantities to municipal systems lowers the concentrations and minimizes environmental effects. This is a short-term approach until treatment facilities, essentially a form of desalination plant, are constructed.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural gas is too valuable as a resource, regardless of current price, to be burned as fuel for power over the long-term.
Natural gas is the obvious bridge fuel for a transition to increased use of nuclear energy.
Converting existing fossil plants to NG (compared to constructing new NG plants) is often based on siting issues rather than economics.
Is natural gas going to be the next significant scarce-resource bubble to burst on world markets? Big Oil and Fracking Companies have mislead the public for years on the potentially 'unlimited natural gas reserves buried in their backyards. It just isn't the truth.

"The recent press about the potential of shale gas would have you believe that America is now sitting on a 100-year supply of natural gas. It's a "game-changer." A "golden age of gas" awaits, one in which the United States will be energy independent, even exporting gas to the rest of the world, upending our current energy-importing situation.

The data, however, tell a very different story. Between the demonstrable gas reserves, and the potential resources blared in the headlines, lies an enormous gulf of uncertainty."
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, put is the capture of Snowden the most important issue facing America that it should be the focus of news programs?
no.

but it makes for good tv.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

So long, traitors and losers!!

Aunt Betty can come out of hiding now!!

I'll bet she smoked at least a pack while watching and being too afraid to post since I arrived.

I'll be back from time to time to mock you 24/7 right wing losers on this thread.

HAHAHAHAHA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Methane in ground water. It was part of the article.
What concentration?

How many wells?

Previously existing, or created by fracking?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "handling an earthquake"?
Seismic design is a critical element of all power plant design, given extraordinary consideration in nuclear power plant design.
And yet, the US isn't prepared.

And we'll know for sure when one of equal or bigger hits...

http://www.huduser.org/portal/publications/ne...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

We have learned Russia's response to the US request to extradite Snowden. Russian officials state that the lack of an adequate passport does not mean Snowden cannot board a plane headed to South America.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Again watch the brainless name calling.
Are you suggesting the Dems do not want the now Anonymous-turned Snowden captured?
Obama wants him extradited-remember.
However, as the most important issue to Americans -nope.
name calling?

so insinuating that right wing folks who live in a bubble of the FOX worldview are clueless is name calling??

i just thought i was being factual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the whistle blower law does not make you a traitor -idiot.
You have been proving how big of a fool you are all morning long. Do you idiotically believe that name calling equals intelligence?
The only ones you are fooling here is your fellow clowns who offer the same nonsense.
Hey stupid, he didn't use the law. FDUH

What's with your lame, whining excuses??

He committed treason against the USA, then fled to China.

For you to defend this traitor only proves that you are just like him.

You hate America, you're a traitor. You have defended Putin over your own President, and defended a traitor who has arrest warrants out for him.

It won't be forgotten or ignored going forward.

(Now I'm gone!!)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know that for sure. But I do know Soros is known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his US $1 billion in investment profits during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis.
Among other nefarious activities and well-funded agendas.
tell you what....when George buys a news network and then has that network do this....

Fox Attacks Measure Repealing News Corp's Giant Tax Break

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/...

....then we can talk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 854,561 - 854,580 of1,071,174
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,520
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 51 min dixie 3
Amy 7-9 2 hr NWmoon 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 2 hr Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 3 hr _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,572
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs