Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
854,541 - 854,560 of 1,100,514 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930304 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What concentration?
How many wells?
Previously existing, or created by fracking?
What I was attempting to point out is all energy sources has their own impacts on the environment.

The myth of clean energy.

For example the number of wind turbines-using the most optimized of these and assuming the blades are what is needed in the different environments- it would take all of North Dakota and South Dakota covered by these to supply the needs of the US according to some estimates.

The actual number and land volume it would take is based on estimates. I could not find a definite number.

Of course, this is not the environmental impact that most Americans would want.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930305 Jun 23, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, he didn't use the law. FDUH
What's with your lame, whining excuses??
He committed treason against the USA, then fled to China.
For you to defend this traitor only proves that you are just like him.
You hate America, you're a traitor. You have defended Putin over your own President, and defended a traitor who has arrest warrants out for him.
It won't be forgotten or ignored going forward.
(Now I'm gone!!)
Still acting/being stupid I see..

Quit being an egomaniac. No cares what you think of them here.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930306 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, under permit by state agencies. In that case, the correct term is discharging, not dumping. Just like when you take a dump at home or at work.
Fracking water contains high concentrations of chlorides and total dissolved solids, which are not toxic except for the high concentrations. Discharging in small quantities to municipal systems lowers the concentrations and minimizes environmental effects. This is a short-term approach until treatment facilities, essentially a form of desalination plant, are constructed.
And they still haven't figured out what to do yet.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#930307 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was attempting to point out is all energy sources has their own impacts on the environment.
For example the number of wind turbines-using the most optimized of these and assuming the blades are what is needed in the different environments- it would take all of North Dakota and South Dakota covered by these to supply the needs of the US according to some estimates.
The actual number and land volume it would take is based on estimates. I could not find a definite number.
South and North Dakota are two of the smallest land mass states in the U.S. so if it only takes that little land per population density to produce all electricity needs of the nation then that's a bargain!:-D
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930308 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Snowden should have followed the whistle blower laws.
However, if he had stopped with stating the NSA lied to congress when they stated they were not collecting data on all Americas he may have been okay.
When Snowden became all Wikileaks and started informing foreign governments, he caused his own woes.
Hong Kong just allowed Snowden leave the country-whatever your trading partners implied.
Bumped forward for ranting Nuc's dumb ass.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930309 Jun 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>South and North Dakota are two of the smallest land mass states in the U.S. so if it only takes that little land per population density to produce all electricity needs of the nation then that's a bargain!:-D
Leave it to you to think this is acceptable.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930310 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would you locate the wind turbines to supply power to New York City?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930311 Jun 23, 2013
Our future peace partners

" Gunmen stormed a camp on Pakistan’s second-largest mountain Sunday, killing nine foreign climbers, including a U.S. citizen, in a brazen assault that could deal a blow to the country’s efforts to jumpstart its tourism industry.

Pakistan’s Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, calling it retribution for a suspected U.S. drone strike last month that killed Wali ur-Rehman, the second-highest-ranking leader of the terrorist group.

“Through this killing we gave a message to international community to ask U.S. to stop drone strikes,” said Ehsanullah Ehsan, a Taliban spokesman.

The attack in northern Pakistan at Nanga Parbat, the world’s ninth-tallest mountain, occurred around 1 a.m. as the climbers and their guides were at a camp at about 4,000 feet above sea level. According to local and regional officials, about a dozen gunmen tied up the climbers’ Pakistani guides before shooting the climbers as they slept in tents."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/taliban-k...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930312 Jun 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And they still haven't figured out what to do yet.
Incorrect. There are available technical solutions. The problems are of application, location, scale, and economics.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930313 Jun 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>South and North Dakota are two of the smallest land mass states in the U.S. so if it only takes that little land per population density to produce all electricity needs of the nation then that's a bargain!:-D
1. Your geography sucks.

2. The demand for power in ND and SD is very small.

Cover the Florida beaches with wind turbines if you Bocajews want wind power.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#930314 Jun 23, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your idiot fellow travelers think abortion and stealing peoples Constitutional rights is a defining issue for them.
This includes Carol, Whatever she is, Flake, MD Bluffer, Moshie, pervy Ed, Dumbwaiter,and others.
In fact, you're in the minority among right wing nitwits.
The right wing is all about suppressing Constitutional freedoms they don't agree with.
Hey numbnuts, I repeatedly said that if you want to kill your baby go right ahead. I'm just not going to pay for it. Pay for it yourself. What constitutional right?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930315 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. There are available technical solutions. The problems are of application, location, scale, and economics.
And they still haven't figured out what they want to do yet....

because they haven't implemented anything.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930316 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not proposing this as a good idea. Why again are you assuming things not stated?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#930317 Jun 23, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, I didn't realize how dense you actually are. I said we should be spending money to develop alternative, clean sources of energy.
they are not perfect yet, but we should DEVELOP the technology to make them viable
according to your thinking we wouldn't have jets, because they weren't around when the Wright brothers first flew....you know the gov't shouldn't have spent money developing
jet engines/jet power
diesel locomotive engines, coal fired was just fine
the types of energy we should work on improving with advances in technology to capitalize on their potential
GEOTHERMAL
SOLAR
WIND
AND as yet to be named.....
It's been named, Helium-3.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930318 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not proposing this as a good idea. Why again are you assuming things not stated?
It certainly shows how confused you are son.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930319 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. The comment was intended for general consumption, not aimed at you.

However, Galt is amused and somewhat disturbed by folks from places like New York and Florida who think it's OK to ruin the Dakotas with wind turbines and the Mohave with solar panels so that they can live in sealed high-rise condos with air conditioning.

Even if the power transmission was feasible, which it isn't.

And then there is the issue of transmission lines.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#930320 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem with wind generated eletricity is that you can't push it very far. Wind electricty generated in the Dakotas would never reach californis. You could, however, transport carbon base fueks ftom the Dakotas to California.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#930321 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
We have learned Russia's response to the US request to extradite Snowden. Russian officials state that the lack of an adequate passport does not mean Snowden cannot board a plane headed to South America.
Hmmm,

A revoked but "apparently valid [US] passport can be used for travel until officially taken by an arresting officer"
http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/info/inf...
LNC Llin

United States

#930322 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt if coal mine future in NYC either

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#930323 Jun 23, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>It's been named, Helium-3.
Bingo!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 52 min newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,656
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Rick Moss 68,994
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,938
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Heisenberg 44
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••