Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252410 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930586 Jun 23, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of experience from the polish sheep fker, wow, you're really sick in the head
ObamaKare doesn't cover liver transplants for alcohlics.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930587 Jun 23, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of experience from the polish sheep fker, wow, you're really sick in the head
There are few things he's so very proud of.

Alas, nearly nothing has to do with humans.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930588 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, do they say things like what the heck are you talking about?
Sure son. Especially when I refer to their posts.

Then I know they're REALLY confused!

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#930589 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought the IRS collected the fine if you didn't participate in the tax or disobeyed the edict from on high.
No...if you don't buy insurance, you are taxed as punishment.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930590 Jun 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sure son. Especially when I refer to their posts.
Then I know they're REALLY confused!
Say goodnight, Gracie.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930591 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Say goodnight, Gracie.
lol! Dump and run son.

Just do what comes naturally.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930592 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No...if you don't buy insurance, you are taxed as punishment.
You still have to give your money to the IRS for disobeying Cesar's - I mean Obama's - decree though.

But you still get to pick your own doctor and it won't cost one thin dime. Right?

Because Obama said so. And Lily says I should believe Obama.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930593 Jun 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Dump and run son.
Just do what comes naturally.
No, no...you're too young to know this, but that was a famous line delivered by George Burns to his wife, Gracie, at the end of their radio show when she started talking crazy too.

You're Gracie. I'm George.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#930594 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare single-handedly become a liability to full-time employment and a freeze on hiring.

Better hope Republicans don't gain back the presidency and the Senate in the next few years. It won't be so funny anymore.
What is that a threat you vindictive ,crazy biotch? Take a cue from the remarkable Dr.Jill Biden ."During National Small Business Week it's important to recognize that small businesses are the backbone of the economy -- they employ half the people in America and create two out of every three new jobs. Small businesses play a critical role in helping our economy, but to stay competitive they need access to a motivated, flexible and skilled workforce.

Over the past five years I've had the privilege of meeting veterans across the country and abroad. These are men and women who have led troops in battle, worked in high pressure situations and who can bring unique skills to our workforce. But veterans and military spouses often struggle to find jobs.

Through initiatives like Joining Forces, First Lady Michelle Obama and I are working to bring together public-private partnerships to support America's veterans. Last year we kicked off a private sector challenge: hire or train 100,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2013. We were so proud that businesses answered the call -- in fact, last month we announced that businesses have hired or trained 290,000 veterans and military spouses."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-jill-biden/s...

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930595 Jun 23, 2013
But perhaps it is getting late.

So goodnight Gracie...(that's you, Yeah)...and to everyone.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#930596 Jun 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah is a Pollyanna lost in the petunia patch.
I had to Google that.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna" ;

What's wrong with being a Pollyanna?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#930597 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Some good news...for me anyway.
Florida is opting out of spending approximately $1.9 billion taxpayer dollars to implement a massive entitlement expansion of the Medicaid program. Also, the governor is exercising flexibility in the "exchanges".
As Governor Scott said,“Floridians are interested in jobs and economic growth, a quality education for their children and keeping the cost of living low. Neither of these major provisions in ObamaCare will achieve those goals, and since Florida is legally allowed to opt out, that’s the right decision for our citizens.”
I'm proud to be a Floridian.
(Florida already has health care safety net programs for those with the greatest need including assistance for families with incomes up to 133% of the poverty line and Florida KidCare to ensure no child goes without health care in Florida.)
Too bad no one else in Florida, Floridan or otherwise , are proud as long as Rick Scott is Governor there. Rick Scott was voted the worst Governor in the country ,even in history by Floridians! They miss Charlie Crist!

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#930598 Jun 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>There are few things he's so very proud of.
Alas, nearly nothing has to do with humans.
You're not suggesting that you are human, are you?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930599 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no...you're too young to know this, but that was a famous line delivered by George Burns to his wife, Gracie, at the end of their radio show when she started talking crazy too.
You're Gracie. I'm George.
Gee whiz...sorry I made someone so mad posting that.

Okay, I'm not George then. But Yeah is still Gracie.

Night angry judge-it.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930600 Jun 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I had to Google that.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna" ;
What's wrong with being a Pollyanna?
Because Pollyanna also refers to someone whose optimism is excessive to the point of naïveté or refusing to accept the facts of an unfortunate situation...if you had read a little further down.

But I loved the movie, Pollyanna, when I was young.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930601 Jun 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Too bad no one else in Florida, Floridan or otherwise , are proud as long as Rick Scott is Governor there. Rick Scott was voted the worst Governor in the country ,even in history by Floridians! They miss Charlie Crist!
Floridians missed Gov. Bob Graham, Gov. Lawton Chiles and Gov. Jeb Bush too after they were replaced by a new governor. But only until we got used to the new one.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#930602 Jun 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not suggesting that you are human, are you?
You're clearly not son. After all, you prefer animals for reproduction.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#930605 Jun 24, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> What is that a threat you vindictive ,crazy biotch? Take a cue from the remarkable Dr.Jill Biden ."During National Small Business Week it's important to recognize that small businesses are the backbone of the economy -- they employ half the people in America and create two out of every three new jobs. Small businesses play a critical role in helping our economy, but to stay competitive they need access to a motivated, flexible and skilled workforce.
Over the past five years I've had the privilege of meeting veterans across the country and abroad. These are men and women who have led troops in battle, worked in high pressure situations and who can bring unique skills to our workforce. But veterans and military spouses often struggle to find jobs.
Through initiatives like Joining Forces, First Lady Michelle Obama and I are working to bring together public-private partnerships to support America's veterans. Last year we kicked off a private sector challenge: hire or train 100,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2013. We were so proud that businesses answered the call -- in fact, last month we announced that businesses have hired or trained 290,000 veterans and military spouses."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-jill-biden/s...
Bettie Lou talks about how Obamacare is screwing up America's economy and you come back with a story about how the Bobsy Twins, Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee are putting on little shows around the country about how businesses are hiring veterans?

The Sun came out in Tuscon yesterday and these two giddy girls took credit for that, too. Gee, I'm impressed.

And the Magic Negro got Bin Laden, too:]

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#930606 Jun 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I had to Google that.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna" ;
What's wrong with being a Pollyanna?
From The Free Dictionary: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Pollyanna

Pollyanna:

Pol·ly·an·na (pl-n)
n.
A person regarded as being foolishly or blindly optimistic.

From Wiki - Pollyanna Principle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_princi...

"The Pollyanna principle (also called Pollyannaism or positive bias) is the tendency for people to agree with positive statements describing them. The phenomenon is similar to the Forer effect. Research indicates that, at the subconscious level, the mind has a tendency to focus on the optimistic while, at the conscious level, it has a tendency to focus on the negative. This subconscious bias towards the positive is often described as the Pollyanna principle."

The Way We Were:

"Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were... "

Again from the same Wiki link:

"The "IBM Pollyanna principle" is a psychological principle which portrays the positive bias people have when thinking of the past. According to the Pollyanna Principle, the brain processes information that is pleasing and agreeable in a more precise and exact manner as compared to unpleasant information. We actually tend to remember past experiences as more rosy than they actually occurred."

And then we have Pollyanna Creep, something the Magic Negro plays.

Wiki - Pollyanna Creep: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_Creep

"Pollyanna Creep is a phrase that originated with John Williams, a California-based economic analyst and statistician. It describes the way the U.S. government has modified the way important economic measures are calculated with the purpose of giving a better impression of economic development. This is a clear reference, in a sarcastic way, to Pollyanna's proverbial optimism. Williams and other economic analysts, such as Kevin P. Phillips,[ argue that such manipulations distort the perception of electors and economic factors and have ill effects on political and investment decisions."

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#930607 Jun 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're clearly not son. After all, you prefer animals for reproduction.
You didn't answer my question so I can safely assume that you are ashamed to admit you are not human. That's cool.

You can tell everyone that you bring home the bacon......

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 192,509
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 99,923
aggy-6-30-15 7 hr Kuuipo 21
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,003
Amy 7-6-15 9 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 7-6-15 9 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ariel Sharon 70,151
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages