Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460448 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930892 Jun 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Help us out. If you ever have anything of value to say-put stars around it.
Son, you could help us in the same way by posting only when do and leave the rest off.

But alas, I'm sure you can't follow instructions.

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#930893 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is a KGB bad guy, but with respect to Islamic terrorists, Putin recognizes the danger, while Obama supports his Islamic buddies.
Otherwise, not much difference between the two.
Galt thinks killing their leaders with drones is supporting terrorists.

Galt not too smart.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#930894 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're saying you're paranoid, then it makes a lot of sense.
the 'what if?' queen calls someone else paranoid?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930895 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who thinks the CRA stands for Canadian Revenue Agency.
Really? I'm sure you have a post number that would support your fantary?

Right?

Right?
Scarlet Pimpernel

New York, NY

#930896 Jun 24, 2013
HERE IS A REAL BARAKA Ajamu Baraka

The U.S. imperial juggernaut attempts to bamboozle its home audience with the fiction that its war against Syria is a “humanitarian” venture.“The immediate priority for anti-war, anti-imperialist, human rights activists in the U.S. is to strip away the moral pretext of humanitarian intervention and expose its ugly, imperialist reality.”
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930897 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt awaits the first rape case where some poor sucker gets railroaded because the girl was high on pot and couldn't give informed consent.
You don't need to be high on anything to convict someone of a crime they didn't commit son.

Waynesboro, PA

#930898 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt awaits the first rape case where some poor sucker gets railroaded because the girl was high on pot and couldn't give informed consent.
Galt is afraid his ploy of drugging women to get laid will be in danger.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#930899 Jun 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unlike a lot of you on the right we have a life outside of Topix. I'm catching up on my reading and tackling projects around the house.
Also, quite frankly, it gets really boring after a while to read the same old talking points from you and your right wing ilk.
Funny, that's exactly the way we feel about you!

How is Sweden doing?
Scarlet Pimpernel

New York, NY

#930900 Jun 24, 2013
TALK ABOUT BUSH The Best Corporate Brand Yet: President Barack Obama
The Obama brand has worked wonders as the face of U.S. imperialism and rule of the rich. Black America is the brand’s “most prized” consumer.“The Obama brand has used the media to pervert the history of the Black struggle for justice by using the dead-end, ideological conclusion that the first so-called ‘Black president’ is ‘racial progress.’”

President Barack Obama is the American ruling class’s most valuable product to date. Once he went out on the presidential market in 2008, he was branded as a smooth-talking, elite educated symbol of “hope.” This has led to a highly successful 4-plus year campaign of rehabilitating the damage the Bush Jr. administration caused to the reputations of the financial speculators and war-hawk politicians. Of course, liberals and progressives are avid consumers of the Obama brand. However, the most prized consumer is the Black community. The branders target Black minds with the weapon of the corporate media. The Obama brand has used the media to pervert the history of the Black struggle for justice by using the dead-end, ideological conclusion that the first so-called “Black president” is “racial progress.”
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#930901 Jun 24, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
keeping you upset since 2009 :-)
Orlando has book stores and libraries.
So you have nothing to offer in the way of Obama's past leadership accomplishments except upsetting Americans while he's learning on the job?

What are you saying exactly LNC?

Surely, you wouldn't have voted for someone without any past accomplishments in a leadership capacity.

So instead of constantly reminding me libraries have books, why don't you tell me why you voted for Obama based on his past leadership accomplishments?

I promise to be openminded.
Scarlet Pimpernel

New York, NY

#930902 Jun 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You people are really in love with Russians now, aren't you?
You love Putin....
You like what he's doing in Syria...
You love his so much one would suspect you're a fifth column.
OBAMA is from the FIFTH column and he shows he has no clothes on
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#930903 Jun 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unlike a lot of you on the right we have a life outside of Topix. I'm catching up on my reading and tackling projects around the house.
Also, quite frankly, it gets really boring after a while to read the same old talking points from you and your right wing ilk.
I have done a bunch of stuff since I started posting this morning.

Maybe I am better at multitasking.

Yeah will be here representing you.

Waynesboro, PA

#930904 Jun 24, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....there's his vigorous support for the killing of late term abortion survivors. You'd think liberals would be crowing about that! I wonder why they don't?
I have news, killing of babies outside the womb was already illegal when Obama voted no on the typical anti-abortion efforts to curb abortions through getting certain terminology in the law.

You people are dumber than sh*t.
Scarlet Pimpernel

New York, NY

#930905 Jun 24, 2013
As for Black political power, the Obama brand relegated the most dispossessed people to cheerleading. It inflated the notion that Blacks need to seek electoral and corporate power, not their own self-determination, in order to change their conditions. After all, he is “one of us”, right? The Obama brand painted itself as Martin Luther King’s dream realized, an eerily slick way of stating the sheer presence of Obama as POTUS would end the progressive and radical politics Black people have espoused since their enslavement by European colonizers. Purchasing Obama was intentionally meant to satisfy any craving for liberation Black people might have now or in the future.

Because imperialists cannot rely on force alone to maintain exploitation, the exploited must be taught to work in solidarity with their masters’ interests. Obama was a useful tool in cementing the popular treatment of American presidents as brands: products to be consumed. This way of looking at politics is so pervasive precisely because the American electoral system serves the ruling and privileged classes at the expense of everyone else. It is a game for them every four years. It is a farce for us every year. Such a system cannot sustain itself without trust from its populous. The Bush administration struck fear in the eyes of the elites who desperately needed the best product possible to ensure they were once again trusted to pillage and plunder the earth’s human and natural life. And they found a gem in Barack Obama.

“President Barack Obama is the American ruling class’s most valuable product to date.”

Who else would be able to do what the Obama administration has done with impunity? The Obama team wasted no time waging new wars across the globe while simultaneously escalating the Iraq and Afghanistan debacles. They used NATO to overthrow the independent government in Libya in a racist, genocidal coup.
SAY NO MORE 1st BLACK PRESIDENT
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930906 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look what I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yDCjhLOaNZIXX
Again, remember you're Gracie.
You know? I just don't watch youtube.

Sorry son.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#930907 Jun 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Donald Trump appeared on Monday's "Fox & Friends" and raged against National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
Snowden fled from Hong Kong to Russia over the weekend, his final destination unclear. He did not board a plane from Moscow to Havana on Monday, as some had expected. The New York Times reported that Snowden's absence from the plane headed to Cuba raised questions about whether the former NSA contractor had been detained by the Russian government.
Trump discussed Snowden's disappearance and said that spies "in the old days used to be executed." He said that authorities needed to find Snowden, arguing that the NSA leaker could provide other governments with classified information about U.S. surveillance programs.
"This guy is a bad guy," Trump said. "You know there is still a thing called execution. You really have thousands of people with access to the kind of material like this. We’re not going to have a country any longer."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/dona...
Yes?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930908 Jun 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is a KGB bad guy, but with respect to Islamic terrorists, Putin recognizes the danger, while Obama supports his Islamic buddies.
Otherwise, not much difference between the two.
Well, he must be a STRONG conservative.

Otherwise why would right wing extremists in America support him?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#930909 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're saying you're paranoid, then it makes a lot of sense.
You certainly act paranoid son.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#930910 Jun 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What a momentous occasion! You're actually criticizing Obama and this administration!
Color me shocked.
Shaddup, go back to making excuses for the people you vote for. Ya got no room to throw stones, your hero George is as much at fault.
Scarlet Pimpernel

New York, NY

#930911 Jun 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Donald Trump appeared on Monday's "Fox & Friends" and raged against National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
Snowden fled from Hong Kong to Russia over the weekend, his final destination unclear. He did not board a plane from Moscow to Havana on Monday, as some had expected. The New York Times reported that Snowden's absence from the plane headed to Cuba raised questions about whether the former NSA contractor had been detained by the Russian government.
Trump discussed Snowden's disappearance and said that spies "in the old days used to be executed." He said that authorities needed to find Snowden, arguing that the NSA leaker could provide other governments with classified information about U.S. surveillance programs.
"This guy is a bad guy," Trump said. "You know there is still a thing called execution. You really have thousands of people with access to the kind of material like this. We’re not going to have a country any longer."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/dona...
It seems that no amount of Bush-on-steroids policy and politics can enrage the popular masses of America. Even when signs of resistance emerge, like in Occupy Wall Street, Barack Obama escapes blame. American progressives, liberals, and Black misleaders will defend Obama as the “lesser-evil” in comparison to the GOP and it doesn’t matter one bit what he does. Many voters felt compelled to use the “lesser-evil” excuse in the 2012 election for a variety of reasons, all of which disregard what he has wrought. This is what makes him so valuable to those who have shaped and branded his legacy: the ruling oligarchs and elites of Wall Street, multinational corporations, the corporate media, and the opportunist Black misleaders and white liberals who defend him at all costs.

It is year five of their brand’s collective abuse and we are tossing and turning in our slumber. Eventually, products wear out and consumers become dissatisfied with their current level of function or value. But it will not be enough to simply cease from believing that the Obama Administration contributed anything positive to the interests of anyone but those in power. Although Obama is branded as a commodity, he is a politician in the flesh. Politicians act in the interest of the powerful in a capitalist state. We should treat them as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 231,224
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 26 min ChromiuMan 7,954
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 71,242
Chicago has the Worst Women 9 hr King Haggard 104
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr panties9688 62,354
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 11 hr Trump is the man 1
Are democrats destroyed? 18 hr red dawn 13

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages