Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,708)

Showing posts 854,141 - 854,160 of1,033,944
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Bettie Lou must be like Lynne Cheney. She lost more history than she taught.
This coming from a person who claimed Jefferson illegally bought the continent of Louisiana.

Maybe, you should have skipped commenting on anything to do with history.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt was referring to housing, extremely segregated in many Northern cities.
Just as in the South, you've got black parts of town and white parts. The smaller the town the clearer the demarcation but the cities still have distinct divisions along lines of color. In small towns down here there still is a "wrong side of the tracks".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, & the part you're leaving out continuously is Southern Democrats 1st had a change in ideology when Lincoln freed the slaves. That's when the 1st wave of Southern Democrats converted to Republican. The ideology of the 2 parties were at battle when LBJ & the new deal converted even more Democrats to the Republican party. When Nixon & the Southern Strategy emerged, nearly the entire party of Southern Democrats/Dixiecrats & Northern conservatives made up nearly the whole of the Republican party so, again you're wrong Bettie Lou!
You do know Lincoln was Republican and it was the Dems who fought changes that allowed blacks more freedoms after the war. How does this fit into racist theory?

IT is glaring apparent that you do not know history and when you are refereed to resources on history that you refuse to read the material.

It is obvious that you are wanting to stay willfully ignorant so you may continue to stick with an unsupported viewpoint.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the mid-East Muslims would agree with your description of them being mindless, void of feelings and without ethics prior to the arrival of the US.
The mid-east are a bunch of tribes that have fought with each other over land and over is it Sunni or Shitte for centuries in a very ruthless manner. They knew hate and violence way before the intrusion of the outside world.
Really?
Did you forget so quickly bin Landen was friends of the West before he wasn't.
The Koran tells followers how to treat those who are not
- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever
you find them
- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your
friends
- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures"
and thus deserve no mercy
They were already taught to hate us.
Wow, which right wing islamophobic site did you cull those gems from? I've read the Koran, the first quote is the only one that might be correct. You haven't read it and haven't "checked your sources" so get busy.

As for your first sentence ... you're implication is juvenile, I never said anything remotely resembling that. As long as you keep trying to put words in my mouth I will treat you as the idiot you present yourself to be. If you want to change that, bring an honest argument. Otherwise, quit whining about the ridicule.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Not really-the major cities in the North are the most segregated.
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-segregate...
Houston, Memphis, New Orleans, Birmingham, St. Louis, Miami are all on that list.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is a Conservative and votes for the most fiscally conservative candidate.
Perhaps your party would do better if they focused on smaller government instead of legalizing pot.
Legalizing pot is just a by-product of smaller government. Meanwhile, you voted for Bush his second term after proving himself to be one of the LEAST fiscal conservatives in modern history; taking a surplus and turning it into the biggest deficit since WWII.

I'm sure you've got some principles in there somewhere, you just let the Republicans sucker you every time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which GOP?
Carols and Galt's often seem opposed.
republicans fighting republicans is proof of God existing !
More proof!

There is a God(s)!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, & the part you're leaving out continuously is Southern Democrats 1st had a change in ideology when Lincoln freed the slaves. That's when the 1st wave of Southern Democrats converted to Republican. The ideology of the 2 parties were at battle when LBJ & the new deal converted even more Democrats to the Republican party. When Nixon & the Southern Strategy emerged, nearly the entire party of Southern Democrats/Dixiecrats & Northern conservatives made up nearly the whole of the Republican party so, again you're wrong Bettie Lou!
The ignorant also maintained that all the Dixiecrats became Republicans shortly after passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, another big liberal lie.

Dixiecrats Richard Russell, Mendell Rivers, Clinton's mentor William Fulbright, Robert Byrd, Fritz Hollings and Al Gore Sr. and more, remained Democrats till their dying day.

Dixiecrat - Senators.(D)VA Harry F. Byrd, 1933-1965 (D)VA A. Willis Robertson, 1946-1966 (D)MS John C. Stennis, 1947-1989 (D)MS James O. Eastland, 1941-1941,1943-1978 (D)LA Allen J. Ellender, 1937-1972 (D)LA Russell B. Long, 1948-1987 (D)NC Sam Ervin, 1954-1974 (D)NC Everett Jordan, 1958-1973 - 2003,(D)WV Robert Byrd remained a member of the KKK and made "Exalted Cyclops" much lower rank then a Grand Dragon...

Former Democrat George Wallace, and and a few others became independents..American Independent Party Lester Maddox, and John Rarick.

The Dixiecrats did not become Republicans. Democrats created the Dixiecrats and when the civil rights movement succeeded, they returned to the racist Demokratic fold.

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not NJ
Remember you are supporting NJ's claim that the only reason someone votes Rep is because they are racist
Go ahead, jump over the cliff of irrationality with him.
Lying through your buck teeth again huh! I never said all republicans are racist. I said you Republican assholes on this thread don't hide your racism. Did I lie or something? You're a racist surrounded by a bunch of Negro flingers as back ups. It's in you. It's not something you can disregard to fit in with everyday people. Your racism shows it's had in every post!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are attempting to claim that the CRA suddenly made Dem leaders who had centuries of bigotry behind them like Gore and Byrd suddenly not racist?
The Southern Dems did not suddenly become Reps. There was a variety of causes for the Southern shift. 1) Black population moving away from the South 2) Rejection of Dem leaders policies of the past 3) non-racial policies such as taxes and spending
To claim that the Southern Dems switched parties because they were racist is a NJ fantasy trip in his lame attempt to outrun the history of Southern Dems. It was childish on NJ part and I find it amusing how many Progressives rushed in to join in with it. Check out who pushed through the CRA -hint it wasn't the Dems voting as bloc to support it.
Out of that pile of BS let's just grab the low hanging fruit and go from there:

Before the Voting Rights Act of 1965 most blacks in the south were disenfranchised.

Go ahead, explain away.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Strom Thurmond appointed Thomas Moss, an African American, to his staff in 1971, the first such appointment by a member of the South Carolinian congressional delegation.
In 1983, Strom Thurmond supported legislation to make the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. a federal holiday.
Now let's talk about Robert Byrd. But first I'd like to see the source and quote you ascribe to Thurmond.
Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Houston, Memphis, New Orleans, Birmingham, St. Louis, Miami are all on that list.
What do the top ten cities (over 250,000 Black population with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961.

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1954.

Cincinnati, OH (3rd) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1984.

Cleveland, OH (4th) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1989.

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor.

St. Louis, MO (6th) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1949.

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor.

Milwaukee, WI (8th) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1908.

Philadelphia, PA (9th) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1952.

Newark, NJ (10th) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1907.

Einstein once said:'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-786831

It is the poor black who habitually elect Demokrats yet they are still POOR!

It's the culture...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

made = maid (although it could be a pun, it's a really disgusting one)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not NJ
Remember you are supporting NJ's claim that the only reason someone votes Rep is because they are racist
Go ahead, jump over the cliff of irrationality with him.
Where do you come up with this? I don't even read NJ's posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Another OReilyphobe
"phobe", not likely, I'm rarely afraid of anything stupider than me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are as insane as NJ in your hatred of anyone who is not part of the Progressive party.
Now we all know you are projecting with all your inane stupid, idiot, etc comments.
Uhhh, that was a reference to the acknowledged fact that Thurmond fcked his black maid and had a daughter by her.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”-- Lyndon B. Johnson

IYt's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know Lincoln was Republican and it was the Dems who fought changes that allowed blacks more freedoms after the war. How does this fit into racist theory?
IT is glaring apparent that you do not know history and when you are refereed to resources on history that you refuse to read the material.
It is obvious that you are wanting to stay willfully ignorant so you may continue to stick with an unsupported viewpoint.
Lincoln himself said if he could end the war without ending slavery he would so it fits right into my racist theory!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"phobe", not likely, I'm rarely afraid of anything stupider than me.
I keep teasing carol about being with Orally in the Oval Office with Lincoln, but she never gets it...I didn't think that even Texas textbooks could be that stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
made = maid (although it could be a pun, it's a really disgusting one)
Did you have your baby? I've kinda been in and out so out of touch lately. Had another grandbaby myself last week. Well, I didn't my daughter did but nothin' in the rules says I can't take credit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 854,141 - 854,160 of1,033,944
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min edogxxx 96,029
Amy 4-17 5 min ScarletandOlive 14
Chicago ranked among top 25 most frugal cities 7 min Guest 1
Abby 4-17 7 min Kuuipo 17
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min litesong 42,943
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,005
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 42 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,425
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]