Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929859 Jun 22, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you got one thing right, when it comes to young boys, the catholic church has a very hands on approach
There's too many things I don't understand or agree with when it comes to the Catholic Church. Especially looking the other way while young boys were molested by some of the priests. But when it comes to helping the poor, they got it right.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929860 Jun 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just as soon as carol quits paraphrasing BillO......
this whole right wing selectivity about 'sources' is the height of hypocrisy.
I purposely go out of my way to avoid Fox as a source. Just so people like you can't say what you just said.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#929861 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any American citizen cam deduct taxes paid to foreign countries, for dividends for example, from his US income tax.
Guess who manipulated the tax laws to make that possible? The same people that changed the tax code to lower the tax rate on those dividends.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#929862 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason at all, huh? Is that what you think, missy?
Read the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 signed by Bill Clinton with every democrat on board.
At least Obama doesn't have to worry about Saddam while he's scratching his head over Syria. He should be on his knees thanking Bush.
BTW, I don't recall McCain/Palin on their hands and knees thanking him.

Funnier still, bushie boy wasn't at the nomination and no one thanked him for iraq.

Is there a problem with your premise? Sure sounds like it son.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929863 Jun 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... it's your position now that bushie boy was enforcing it? By way of invading that sovereign nation?
Is that your point, son?
With 111 Democrats' blessing, missy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#929864 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I purposely go out of my way to avoid Fox as a source. Just so people like you can't say what you just said.
i'm going to hammer you the next time you paraphrase BillO.

it's not like you can't find a transcript on BillO's site, so before you start going on about the gripe of the day, you might want to be careful about sounding just like BillO's show from the night before.

if it sounds like it came from the mouth of a FOX talking head, you just used a FOX source.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#929865 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
With 111 Democrats' blessing, missy.
So bushie boy was Clinton's 'b*tch?

wow.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929867 Jun 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm going to hammer you the next time you paraphrase BillO.
it's not like you can't find a transcript on BillO's site, so before you start going on about the gripe of the day, you might want to be careful about sounding just like BillO's show from the night before.
if it sounds like it came from the mouth of a FOX talking head, you just used a FOX source.
The problem with your objection is if OReiley is like most news shows the topic of the day is the leading event of the day. So, you will have to prove this is not true or you will look like a jerk and trust us we will tell you so.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#929868 Jun 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your objection is if OReiley is like most news shows the topic of the day is the leading event of the day. So, you will have to prove this is not true or you will look like a jerk and trust us we will tell you so.
Always demanding others prove first.

You have already been proven to be a liar son, therefore your claims have been disqualified by you.

Curious, isn't it?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#929869 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason at all, huh? Is that what you think, missy?
Read the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 signed by Bill Clinton with every democrat on board.
At least Obama doesn't have to worry about Saddam while he's scratching his head over Syria. He should be on his knees thanking Bush.
How do you ppl sleep at night, it's beyond belief some of the statements you make. Iraq was a monumental mistake, just like Vietnam yet despite the heated advice from Colin Powell not to go there. Bush and his gang decided to go anyway, so they had Powell march into the UN with the used car salesman pitch destroying his political career at the same time. It's not Manning who should be on trial its Bush, Cheney & Rumsfield for sending Americans to die with no strategic purpose. If Saddam has been there right now, there would be no car bombs every week, Iran would be more worried about coming over their border than building nukes & Syria might have behaved as well. There is nothing to thank Bush for, he is only worthy of a shoe being thrown at him. The Iraq act was to support democracy in Iraq not Invade it. Did not Obama support the same for Egypt and I did not see the troops land there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929870 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Parts of Obamacare are being repealed as fast as democrats and republicans can throw them out the window.
Democrats want to be reelected next year. Republicans knew it was a dud all along.
The only thing that gives Obamacare any merit at all is the preexisting conditions.
OK, but who pays the huge costs for those with expensive chronic illnesses?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929871 Jun 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Like Issa on the IRS. And the continued banging on Benghazi.
Talk about clueless.
Just like Obama.

Change the subject, wag the dog in Syria, instead of facing up to real issues.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#929873 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Parts of Obamacare are being repealed as fast as democrats and republicans can throw them out the window.
Democrats want to be reelected next year. Republicans knew it was a dud all along.
The only thing that gives Obamacare any merit at all is the preexisting conditions.
You're daffy. I'd invite you to try and list one thing in Obamacare that's 'being repealed',but you'd tax your brain so much finding nothing that I'm afraid that you'd blow your brains out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929874 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
There's too many things I don't understand or agree with when it comes to the Catholic Church. Especially looking the other way while young boys were molested by some of the priests. But when it comes to helping the poor, they got it right.
Don't even try to defend the Roman Church and their homosexual clergy, but don't let their sins be an indictment of your beliefs.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929875 Jun 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Always demanding others prove first.
You have already been proven to be a liar son, therefore your claims have been disqualified by you.
Curious, isn't it?
The poll had respondents stating
53% saying that abortion should be legal under special circumstances
22% illegal
21% legal under any circumstances
As angry as it makes Dave at least 59% of the population thinks abortion should be limited/illegal in most or all circumstances.
Instead of the above numbers which would have pushed this to 75% I used the Pro Choice number of 41% as the indicator

You are too stupid to read the numbers which makes you an idiot.
My claim was correct.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929876 Jun 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess who manipulated the tax laws to make that possible? The same people that changed the tax code to lower the tax rate on those dividends.
If Galt owns stock in a British or German company and has taxes deducted from his dividends by that country, and then Galt is further taxed on those dividends by the US, why shouldn't Galt get a tax credit for the foreign taxes paid.

Do you a-holes demand double taxation for the same dividends?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#929877 Jun 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Issa has the same credibility problem.
"yuck"
Here's a credibility problem for you. A quote from California senator fienstien;
"All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms".
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929878 Jun 22, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You're daffy. I'd invite you to try and list one thing in Obamacare that's 'being repealed',but you'd tax your brain so much finding nothing that I'm afraid that you'd blow your brains out.
Tax on medical devices has already been repealed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929879 Jun 22, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You're daffy. I'd invite you to try and list one thing in Obamacare that's 'being repealed',but you'd tax your brain so much finding nothing that I'm afraid that you'd blow your brains out.
Any response from Bocajew Jean?

Still no comment on the lack of subsidies for those who choose the exchange over a qualified employer program?

"Here is the dirty little secret.

If your employer offers you a qualified plan and you decline, you can still buy insurance on the exchange, but you are ineligible for any subsidy, regardless of income.

Check it out before you respond and make a bigger fool of yourself than you obviously are."
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929880 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax on medical devices has already been repealed.
Congress searching for a way to exempt Federal Employees from the program

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Earthling-1 53,062
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,890
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Gas Woman 69,825
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 11 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 11 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]