Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929554 Jun 22, 2013
LIBERAL Ark. lawmaker gets ONLY home confinement, fine FOR FIXING ELECTIONS

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/apps/pbcs...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#929555 Jun 22, 2013
TSM wrote:
Can any Liberal/Democrat tell me the Last/First time Obama’s been in a Black Neighborhood?
Ever been to Washington D.C.?
TSM

Cherkasy, Ukraine

#929556 Jun 22, 2013
NO
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929557 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That was another issue brought up by the group last night - how difficult it is to have the courage to break away from the democratic party - for the reasons we all know. They become marginalized like conservatives who don't fall in line and walk in lockstep.
It is all the Progressive game plan straight out of Journolist who started calling anyone who oppose the agenda racist.

It takes a lot of courage to speak out and little wit to attempt to discredit them not on what they say but by a flip "Uncle Tom".
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929558 Jun 22, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have a future as the spokeswoman for Blacks in America?
When I first discovered the National Black Republican Association online years ago, I actually emailed someone at their contact address and said I really hoped they were getting the same message on their website out to more blacks. She wrote back and said they were being diligent in trying to do so and thanked me for being supportive in their efforts.

But if they should ask, I'd be more than happy to be their spokesperson. Pretty sure they'd rather reach other blacks themselves instead of relying on a white woman.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929559 Jun 22, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
So even with food stamps and all this voluntary help: children go hungry in the USA!
IT'S A FACT!
Republicans: billions for ag companies!
But we need to cut help for poor children.
HYPOCRITES MUCH!
YOUR HELL AWAITS: DOORS OPEN FOR EVERY HYPOCRITE RIGHT WINGER.
Jesus is not proud of you.
Since 2000, SNAP has grown from $20 billion to $85 billion nationally. The modest deduction proposed will not bring it back close to the percentage of population receiving it before this run-up.

SNAP is now the second largest program in the US. 85% of the bill is SNAP and similar programs.

Objecting to work requirements as "punishment" makes the Dems look foolish.

The farm lobbyist get plenty of support from key Dems too. Depends on state rep is from rather than party.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#929560 Jun 22, 2013
!!! WARNING !!!

USDA Organic Infant Formula Contains Pesticide Labeled as a “Nutrient”

http://www.infowars.com/usda-organic-infant-f...

----

The USDA’s Organic Deception

http://farmwars.info/...
LNC Llin

United States

#929561 Jun 22, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Was thinking the same.
Republicans seem to have learned nothing from 2012 which may be good for the Democrats
LNC Llin

United States

#929562 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first discovered the National Black Republican Association online years ago, I actually emailed someone at their contact address and said I really hoped they were getting the same message on their website out to more blacks. She wrote back and said they were being diligent in trying to do so and thanked me for being supportive in their efforts.
But if they should ask, I'd be more than happy to be their spokesperson. Pretty sure they'd rather reach other blacks themselves instead of relying on a white woman.
Romney had a great outreach program to the poor?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929563 Jun 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 2000, SNAP has grown from $20 billion to $85 billion nationally. The modest deduction proposed will not bring it back close to the percentage of population receiving it before this run-up.
SNAP is now the second largest program in the US. 85% of the bill is SNAP and similar programs.
Objecting to work requirements as "punishment" makes the Dems look foolish.
The farm lobbyist get plenty of support from key Dems too. Depends on state rep is from rather than party.
Whatever wants to punish the children by taking away their food if their parents don't work.

The purpose of SNAP is to help make sure children, the disabled, etc have food.
Grz

Rumia, Poland

#929564 Jun 22, 2013
where do you -people- from usa make some kind of revolt in your usa just like it was done in other nation, for instance this so called ,,arabian sprong,,. This your system is completely out of order, it is based only on wars, global robbery for some private criminals. What have usual people from such system as your country try to impose globally? Unemployment or overworking, lack of perspectives, lack of stable future, risk of poverty, destroyed lives. It is rather impossible that it can be changed in normal way by peaceful elections, because some regimes so called english-judistis aipac will never allow to choice normal president on your country because it is against interests. You must take all things in your hands and make changes in your usa in another way, before everything will go down.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929565 Jun 22, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two Washington D.C.s

The affluent and powerful suburbs and haunts and the poverty section.

Much like any other US city.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929566 Jun 22, 2013
Are you one of the 74% of Americans who want to see the IRS fully investigated?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929567 Jun 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever wants to punish the children by taking away their food if their parents don't work.
The purpose of SNAP is to help make sure children, the disabled, etc have food.
That is totally lame and shameful-aka the typical Progressive talking point.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#929568 Jun 22, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I think too another recession is just like with FDR which is why Obama wants to tie Social Security to the CPI(Consumer Price Index) so when the economoy goes south so does Social Security.
Consumer price index
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_price_i...
You got things a bit wrong here. President Obama doesn't oppose other alternatives to linking CPI to Social Security benefit increases, but it was just one of many proposals he is willing to consider with republicans to get them to talk about reforming Social Security rather than trashing it altogether.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929569 Jun 22, 2013
Off to a community event.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#929570 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt knows that the government is far too large and far too greedy.
What foreign government best represents what you're looking for?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#929571 Jun 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you guys understand that 59% disapprove of abortion in all or most situations =limited to certain circumstances?
It is an easy concept.
Still being interpretive.

Why can't you simply accept the facts instead of fighting them son?

Oh that's right, it makes you a liar otherwise.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#929572 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>

One black woman stated the obvious - what many liberals said at the time - about why were there no blacks at the Tea Party rallies. She pointed out there were no blacks at the Occupy Wall Street protests either.
"(BALTIMORE, MD) NAACP president and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous released the following statement on the Occupy Wall Street movement:

“We are encouraged by the broad national support and by the great diversity of Americans who have been participating in the Occupy Wall Street campaign. The movement and the peaceful protesters who are a part of the campaign share many of the same goals as the NAACP.”

“The NAACP shares the protesters’ concerns about the growing disparity in the access to wealth in America, and the decline of economic opportunity for poor and middle class Americans. For over 102 years we have supported the policies which create, preserve and expand living wage jobs, increase economic opportunity and protect the right of every American to build and retain wealth and equity.”
http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-statem...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#929573 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church helps the poor for all the right reasons with a hands on approach and without forcably taking its members money.
It's done voluntarily - the way helping the poor was intended.
Not being funny but, when you die, can you take money with you? Does good accept payment to get into heaven? The Catholic church, along with every other religious org that asks for money is the biggest money scheme since the creation of man. They're rich out of this world yet asks you to pay tithes weekly &, you're actually the one in need of help. What they do for the poor is minimal compared to the money they take in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 71,016
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,831
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,203
New Beach Boys song. 3 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 6 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia