Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#929511 Jun 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane. Have you ever met a Jewish person who didn't immediately mention being Jewish? This is not Nazi Germany where Jews have to hide anymore you nitwit.
Jeans husband is an Israeli, she and I are of Finnish descent, now, go hide, the drones are comin'!!
No,lily. My friends who are Jewish did not immediately mention they were Jewish. Neither did my Atheist, Christian, etc mention their beliefs when first meeting.

I have worked for months with people who were Jewish and did not realize this until something came up that made that information useful for the situation.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929512 Jun 22, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
And your proof is? Some cherry picked folks on Hannity?
You might want to check the election results and current polling for a more realistic view of where different ethnic groups stand regarding support for a political party.
But hey, keep watching Hannity and believing all of it.
ROMNEY IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!
You don't trust the polls-remember.

You don't trust anyone or anything that does not support your viewpoint.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929513 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the time they finish, the amnesty bill will have more pork than Moochelle's butt.
They always stuff it full.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929514 Jun 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No,lily. My friends who are Jewish did not immediately mention they were Jewish. Neither did my Atheist, Christian, etc mention their beliefs when first meeting.
I have worked for months with people who were Jewish and did not realize this until something came up that made that information useful for the situation.
lily and Jean's tribe of NYC/Bocajews are different than other Jews, who are fine, normal people.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#929515 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But Obama has made fighting man-made climate change a priority, so this guy (Storch) is obviously a racist.
No other explanation necessary in Obamaland.
where and when did President Obama call him a racists?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929516 Jun 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently he must be. Obama just said global warming is the greatest threat facing the world today.
It is rumored that the amnesty bill includes a get in free ticket for individuals "harmed" by global warming. I haven't verified this yet but the bill is another monster of over 844 pages.
You are correct about global warming. There are also special provisions for women and homosexuals. The bill is Christmas tree of leftwing wet dreams.

Bernie Sanders, Vermont Communist, is trying to add a massive Porkulus program to the immigration bill.

All aboard for the railroad job.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929517 Jun 22, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
And your proof is? Some cherry picked folks on Hannity?
You might want to check the election results and current polling for a more realistic view of where different ethnic groups stand regarding support for a political party.
But hey, keep watching Hannity and believing all of it.
ROMNEY IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!
It was a group of enlightened black people who had had enough of being led around by the nose as victims and dependents of the democratic party - who realized they could help themselves much better than the government if given opportunities the republican party offered.

The show was spurred by the video made by a state senator in Louisiana who switched to the republican party encouraging more blacks to join him.

There's also a shift among blacks who realize the democratic party doesn't hold their same values either.

Of course, the majority still hold on to false hope and empty promises but more and more are gradually coming to accept that's all the democrats have to offer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929518 Jun 22, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who disagrees with Obama is obviously a racist.

Get with the program!
LNC Llin

United States

#929519 Jun 22, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
he is having a delusional saturday?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929520 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Aunt Battie Lou is the expert spokeswoman for black people!!
I think they should run a candidate like Ted Cruz; with a platform that totally eliminates welfare, foodstamps, ssi, social security, medicare, medicade, Obamacare, abortion, mass deportation of the illegals, etc.
Just go for it Ted, sounds like a real winner to me!!
Not an expert - just listening to what they are saying.

Also, having a clearer understanding why the urban cities in the blue states have so much poverty among blacks - because they were turned away from low skilled industrial jobs after moving out of the south to places like Chicago and New York - run by democrats.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929521 Jun 22, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
he is having a delusional saturday?
Anybody who questions the genocidal effects of man-made global warming is a racist.

Anybody who supports the black genocide of Planned Parenthood is a Democrat.
GOPIdiots

United States

#929522 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Aunt Battie Lou is the expert spokeswoman for black people!!
I think they should run a candidate like Ted Cruz; with a platform that totally eliminates welfare, foodstamps, ssi, social security, medicare, medicade, Obamacare, abortion, mass deportation of the illegals, etc.
Just go for it Ted, sounds like a real winner to me!!
The 2016 POTUS primary is going to be another GOP three ring circus, just like 2012.
Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Jeb Bush.
LOLOLOLOLOL Clown Car!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929523 Jun 22, 2013
Pity the poor black folks who thought Obama would lift them out of poverty and found that all they got was a crummy Obamaphone and deeper poverty.

Meanwhile the only folks Obama cares about are illegal aliens, homosexuals, and a few rich blacks and Jews in Hollywood.

Oh, yeah, and his crony capitalist friends at General Electric and Goldman Sachs.

Suckers!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#929524 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in the mirror.
The poor folks who will really get screwed are those who are offered insurance by their employers, but can't afford it.
Wrong again!

Where were you?

The day the supreme court upheld the affordable care act. carol was here! Fox got it wrong, said it was toast. carol let out a whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

So funny! Minutes later: UPHELD! LAW OF THE LAND.

It's so simple: medical insurance for everyone.

Only republican trash can be against that.

Then election night number 2 for the Genius:

carol: Romney by a landslide! It's a lock!

All day and night for months like this! With floriduhhhhhh and the rest.

THEY COULDN'T SHOW UP HERE AFTER THE GENIUS WON AGAIN!

CHANGED THEIR NAMES!

oh the shame. What losers. Complete idiots! Couldn't be more wrong. On the wrong side of the people again. All the lies didn't turn it around.

THE MAJORITY SPOKE LOUDLY: PRESIDENT OBAMA!

WE LOVE WHAT HE'S DONE WITH THE PLACE!

4 MORE! FOR SURE! MAJORITY RULE!

republican sore losers drooooool.

(Hey this October: AFFORDABLE CARE ACT, EVERY STATE! even red dumbbbbshttts!)
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929525 Jun 22, 2013
Okay now, that was funny...Al Gore would have tried to capitalize on the coming of the Ice Age if liberal cavemen had bought into it...since scientists are stating the obvious - climate fluctuates owing to natural causes.

Al Gore must have thought he invented climate too.

See, now that's funny too.
GOPIdiots

United States

#929526 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a group of enlightened black people who had had enough of being led around by the nose as victims and dependents of the democratic party - who realized they could help themselves much better than the government if given opportunities the republican party offered.
The show was spurred by the video made by a state senator in Louisiana who switched to the republican party encouraging more blacks to join him.
There's also a shift among blacks who realize the democratic party doesn't hold their same values either.
Of course, the majority still hold on to false hope and empty promises but more and more are gradually coming to accept that's all the democrats have to offer.
LOL just keep believing that.
Meanwhile, in the real world, more folks think the GOP is the Party of grumpy old out of touch white men.
Election aftermath: GOP soul-searching:'Too old, too white, too male'?
GOP Challenge: How to Transcend Aging White Base

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/gop-c...
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/834...
LNC Llin

United States

#929527 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an expert - just listening to what they are saying.
Also, having a clearer understanding why the urban cities in the blue states have so much poverty among blacks - because they were turned away from low skilled industrial jobs after moving out of the south to places like Chicago and New York - run by democrats.
of course... seems one of the reasons Blacks and Hispanics, the young and poor rushed out to vote for Mr 47%.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#929528 Jun 22, 2013
"If we both get sent to prison, I want to go first"

Jesse Jackson Jr.
LNC Llin

United States

#929529 Jun 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Pity the poor black folks who thought Obama would lift them out of poverty and found that all they got was a crummy Obamaphone and deeper poverty.
Meanwhile the only folks Obama cares about are illegal aliens, homosexuals, and a few rich blacks and Jews in Hollywood.
Oh, yeah, and his crony capitalist friends at General Electric and Goldman Sachs.
Suckers!
Pity the tea party types who thought they were assisting the republican party.
Is the tea party funded by the democrats out of gratitude?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#929530 Jun 22, 2013
Looks like I'm going to have to repeat this now.

More blacks are gradually coming to understand they're being led around by the nose as victims and dependents of the democratic party and can help themselves better than the government if given the opportunities.

It will be a good day for America when the majority come back to the party of their roots.
Not so much for democratics who think dependence means votes.

Don't make me have to post this again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min red and right 187,310
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min ritedownthemiddle 52,854
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cold Front 69,687
New Rapper Seven Dyce 2 hr UBANK RECORDS 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr texas pete 5,906
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr Red_Forman 5,202
Ask Amy 4-25-15 10 hr Kuuipo 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]