Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929107 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this will be an absolute shock to you but insurance companies actually base their pricing on statistical analysis of various age groups. They do this now, really. No sh*t.
And they are profitable.
The insurance companies will now have more customers & more profits.
Those without insurance now use the medical facilities & often can not pay.
These 30 million newly insured will now use these facilities and pay with their insurance.
So explain why this will destroy private insurance companies. Explain why adding thee 30 million new customers will harm doctors & hospitals?
If those 30 million people suddenly found jobs w/ medical benefits, how would that be different?
Who is paying the premiums for those 30 million, most of whom have no insurance because they can't afford it?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929108 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this will be an absolute shock to you but insurance companies actually base their pricing on statistical analysis of various age groups. They do this now, really. No sh*t.
And they are profitable.
These 30 million newly insured will now use these facilities and pay with their insurance.
So explain why this will destroy private insurance companies. Explain why adding thee 30 million new customers will harm doctors & hospitals?
If those 30 million people suddenly found jobs w/ medical benefits, how would that be different?
While creating 30 million new uninsured.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929109 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Misstated the above cube ball example.
Should state you can have only two characteristics
I could add that 25 cubes are solid, 25 are hollow, 25 balls are solid and 25 are hollow,

Then the follow is true
half the contents are round
half are cubical
half are black
half are white,
half are solid
half are hollow.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#929110 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If I put 25 black cubes, 25 white cubes, 25 black balls and 25 white balls in a bowl, half the contents of the bowl is round, half are cubical, half are black and half are white.
You can have lots f halves.
That explains a lot. You think people are bowls.

<if I were lily, i would have asked "What the f are you talking about?" cause typing errors is all she gots>
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929111 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing new, they have been watching all of us for years. You think after all this the NSA or whomever is going to stop? With the technology they have and plenty more to come, never. You may as well move in to Flack's bunker.
Only if we object and demand that they stop.

Who put them in charge?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#929112 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of just how stupid Whatever is.
Just in case here was ever any doubt.
Your example was stupid-The David Oh Duh Theory that it is possible to have more than two halves.

Quit pouting that your stupidity was pointed out.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#929113 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary will not be the candidate.
Homer needs a Plan B.
Cory Booker turn you on?
No, Homer is a straight male, but if he excites you maybe send him an email or contribute to his campaign. If Hillary doesn't run I'm voting for Christie, time to put a New Jerseyan in the White House.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929114 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down, we've all seen NCIS, I was referring to disposable cell phones. They can't track you any further once you've gotten rid of it.
But they can track where the phone has been, and more than likely connect it to you in that manner.

And perhaps those phones receive added scrutiny from the start.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#929115 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time you quit yer bitchin.
Zing! Now that was a good one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929116 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No, Homer is a straight male, but if he excites you maybe send him an email or contribute to his campaign. If Hillary doesn't run I'm voting for Christie, time to put a New Jerseyan in the White House.
Christie won't be running either, unless the Democrats want him.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#929117 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
use the average. keeps one from looking the fool.
Obama agenda: Pew shows Obama’s approval holding steady
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/20...
after Mitt and the FOX 'skewed' poll fiasco, you'd think you nutjobs would get it.
Now for some more low information information. This must of been one of those southern democrats that didn't change sides:
Paula Deen Racist Comments, Use Of N-Word Allegedly Caught On Video
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/paul...

Paula Deen (Democrat)
The Food Network star campaigned for Obama back in 2008, and invited his wife Michelle to cook with her during an episode of Paula's Party. Later, she said she "just loved" being around the First Lady, and praised her platform: encouraging kids and young adults to eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pict...

I can't believe that a not a single democrat was up in arms over this today.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929118 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No, Homer is a straight male, but if he excites you maybe send him an email or contribute to his campaign. If Hillary doesn't run I'm voting for Christie, time to put a New Jerseyan in the White House.
Homer just disqualified himself.

Prevented this

#929119 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
While creating 30 million new uninsured.
it has to be more than 30 million-the state and local governments are laying people off and or firing them because they can't afford to pay the health care. I heard this was happening all over the place, but especially in Illinois.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#929120 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is paying the premiums for those 30 million, most of whom have no insurance because they can't afford it?
We're already paying for their health care, that's what you morons don't get, EMERGENCY ROOM!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#929121 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, by the way you diss conservatives and praise liberals, it's really hard to tell what you are sometimes, Homer.
But I'll believe you.
Who did you vote for in 2012, by the way?
I do not diss conservatives, I diss rightwingers, I do not see the two as being the same and if I praise anyone it's the individual or something I agree with, I believe I have even had a kind word for John Galt from time to time.

I voted for Obama. In all honesty the biggest thing for me with Romney was his plan to increase defense spending by a couple trillion dollars, Homer was/is completely against that. We're already broke. Other that a few other things not much difference between the two candidates once you dial down all the rhetoric and wade through all the BS from both sides.

Prevented this

#929122 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie won't be running either, unless the Democrats want him.
They can have him. Christie needs to come out of the closet and proclaim he is a democrat. We all know it.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#929123 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And they are profitable.
Let's just forget about the game changer...pre-existing conditions..right, dumbass dave? Oh, and the other game changer...no one like the medical device tax.

Insurance companies are not allowed to make much profit. The amount allowed to make is even less under obamacare. Most of the 30 million uninsured now don't want or need medical care. Most are young and healthy. The young and healthy will be paying low premiums but will be using health care facilities they would not have in the past because it's "free". A 20 year old who would have toughed out that skateboard injury will now happily walk into a hospital.

Doctors and hospitals will now have to bill according to codes (not actual costs), you know, those same codes one of you dumbasses (no names mentioned...nuculur option) denied they would be used for billing purposes.

Prevented this

#929124 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Kardashian names baby North West.
North West what?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#929125 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down, we've all seen NCIS, I was referring to disposable cell phones. They can't track you any further once you've gotten rid of it.
They don't need to. They know where and when it was purchased. And they know where you were at that exact time. I have taped off my bathroom in red duct tape. You bastards aren't getting me!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#929126 Jun 21, 2013
Homer gonna get hammered from both sides for that last post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Grau 68,556
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 178,586
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min reality check 50,036
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 98,345
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 639
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,299
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RACE 7,795

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]