Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LNC Llin

United States

#928906 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're certifiable. The President isn't going anywhere and Eric Holder isn't going to resign. You've got 3 1/2 years to whine about it until Hillary gets elected, then you'll have another 8.
Agree but doubt Hillary as next Demo candidate.
Holder wants to go in 2014,*NYT*?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928907 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit obsessing over obama. Look at the big picture. They have a file on you. Why should they have a file on homer? What have you done?
They have a file on everyone. I didn't fart in a crowded elevator once after an all-nighter of beer and bratwurst.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928908 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Jeb Bush said that immigrants are more fertile; we need more of them.
We've literally been importing poverty. It needs to stop.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928909 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the class kiss ass too.
That was harsh. Take it back.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928910 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that. You did.
It just seems the civilized world is watching these horrors unfold and wringing their hands.
Same in Rwanda and Darfur. I don't understand why something more can't be done by the collective global community when these kinds of atrocities occur. I wish someone were smart enough to know.
That's what I said.
Even the atrocities commited in the gulags in North Korea, the civilized world looks the other way without even so much as shining a continual spotlight on it and condemning it.
We can't even get our heads around the human atrocities taking place in North Korea. Political and cultural demographics is a good excuse, but the civilized world is just too disinterested to care.
That bothers me greatly.
Ok, so what do you think is the solution to these civil wars?
Rwanda and Darfur are in Africa, no one gave a damn because they're black and there's no oil. We can't be the referee in all civil wars around the world. They have to fight it out themselves.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928911 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The extent of the NSA program is not old news. Why is it ok to you?
Sure it is. I have nothing to hide. Get a cell phone scrambler and disconnect your landline and voila, no more worries.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928912 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
To prove my point, I would like every liberal on here to respond:
A conservative saying Obama is "light-skinned enough and doesn't talk in a negro dialect if he doesn't want to" and that "he's the first mainstream African-American who is articulate, bright and 'clean'" as Reid and Biden so awkwardly put it.
Truly. Imagine any conservative saying that.
I'd have no choice but to agree with liberals that some conservatives are racists if any conservative made those comments.
So why did Biden and Reid get a pass?
Any liberal's response would be appreciated.
Because they are old and everyone realizes that there was no mal intent.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928913 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't they become foreign corporations when their foreign profits were taxed in the year they were earned?
Why are they still here regardless. According to you, they would jump ship to save a few % in corporation taxes.
So why are they still here?
10 Big Businesses That Have Moved Their Headquarters Abroad to Pay Less U.S. Taxes
http://www.comparebusinessproducts.com/fyi/10...

This was written in 2009 and only list the ten biggest businesses.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#928914 Jun 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I don't ever recall one in modern times.
Then again, I don't ever recall a jury as small as theirs.
You posted what I have been thinking. I know six member juries are common for civil and misdemeanor cases but I've never heard of one in a felony case. But, then again, Florida does seem to march to a different drummer.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928915 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, someone found an opportunity to make billions!
Tapping in to rightwing fear. Fastest growing phenomena in America.
LNC Llin

United States

#928916 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
To prove my point, I would like every liberal on here to respond:
A conservative saying Obama is "light-skinned enough and doesn't talk in a negro dialect if he doesn't want to" and that "he's the first mainstream African-American who is articulate, bright and 'clean'" as Reid and Biden so awkwardly put it.
Truly. Imagine any conservative saying that.
I'd have no choice but to agree with liberals that some conservatives are racists if any conservative made those comments.
So why did Biden and Reid get a pass?
Any liberal's response would be appreciated.
I think 9/11 was Not George Bush fault, in retrospect signs were there but mistakes were made.
Bush was no a racist and did get prescription drug for Medicare.
I am not against all republican all the time.

It would seems that you find nothing positive about President Obama and Democrats.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928917 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> We've literally been importing poverty. It needs to stop.
So, you disagree with Jeb then? He worries that there will not be enough people to take care of the elderly white folk!
Who will clean the asses of the old white folks? The white kids?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928918 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If all you said was "Okay", then that would have been fine. You want to make this about obama. Obama just happens to be the guy with the power right now. I'll still be bitching about these tactics if they are happening in the next presidency no matter who is there. So quit acting stupid.
Okay, fine. Get off my back already.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928919 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You're certifiable. The President isn't going anywhere and Eric Holder isn't going to resign. You've got 3 1/2 years to whine about it until Hillary gets elected, then you'll have another 8.
This administration is in for a rude awakening when the hens come home to roost. Holder and perhaps even Obama will not get away with breaking the law and trashing the Constitution.

Obamacare hasn't even sunk in yet. A new poll done recently said 4 out of 10 Americans think Obamacare has already been repealed. Boy, talk about a rude awakening in 2014 when they get a letter from the IRS!

Hillary will be lucky if she lasts to the last debate in 2016. The baggage of Benghazi and Obamacare cannot keep her afloat.

No one likes to be lied to. Not even liberals. You're just in the minority of the minority.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928920 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at this level and to this degree under this much suspicion with so many documented lies and stonewalling by so many.
Everyone expects a certain amount of "spying" and "targeting" goes on under any administration. Bush looked into two major liberal organizations but Clinton holds the record - and no one even blinked an eye even under Clinton.
It's very different now, Homer. I'm sorry to have to tell you the obvious.
How do you know?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928921 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like I am in with some pretty good company whereas you have aligned yourself with a bunch of idiots.
I'll take Lily, Dave and Realtime over the rest of you idiots any day.
Lily : abortion = good
Dave : Misinterprets 90% of what people post
Realtime : It's almost 10am, think I'll crack open a Coors light.

You go, girl!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928923 Jun 21, 2013
There has to be a way to make money off all this rightwing fear and paranoia. A media outlet playing into these fears has already been taken, hmmm anyone have any other suggestions?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928924 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Even democratic strategists are saying once you lose the people's trust, it's virtually impossible to get it back.
This administration has to go. It's the only possible solution at this point to restore any measure of stability again.
We're limping along now only because the president is convienently hiding out overseas for the time being. But people on both sides are getting antsy for some answers and changes.
As I understand it, Holder has already been given a letter by a group of bipartsan congressmen to resign.
It will....

... in 2017

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928925 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Imagine two attractive women fighting over that jack-o-lantern? Do you honestly think he was that great in bed? LOL
Rightwingers are so stupid.
Just another reason politicians love power.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928926 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
So, you disagree with Jeb then? He worries that there will not be enough people to take care of the elderly white folk!
Who will clean the asses of the old white folks? The white kids?
Bah, you cannot get a white kid to do anything for less than 35K a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 51 min Concerned_American 352
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min JOEL 70,085
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grand Birther 179,351
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 1 hr LittlejigsRPigs 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]