Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
853,081 - 853,100 of 1,079,177 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly,
Dave has refused repeatedly to answer the question of what legislation did the Dems pass to reform Fannie and Freddie prior to the Housing Bubble Burst.
It was well known that their was a problem for almost a decade. So put up Sonic, name ONE dem who voted for reform of Freddie and Fannie when these laws were purposed.
Republicans controlled Congress for 6 of the Clinton years plus many of the Bush years.

The only attempt they made was when Bush tried a power grab to put F & F oversight under White House control. Even Republicans voted no.

F & F were participants in the sub prime mortgage fiasco but they were not the creator of the sub prime mortgagenor the cause of the collapse.

2007 was te first time since 1993 that Democrats controlled both houses.

So in the decade preceding 2006, Republicans basically controlled Congress.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayers was charged with a crime. The charges were dropped due to illegal evidence gathering. So he was not allowed.
Setting a bomb is different than voicing an opinion. I realize that concept is way above your pay grade.
I have no fasciation. I only talk about him because you dumbass right whiners keep lying about him & I have to correct you.
I sat across from him when he said he was the only person in America who openly proclaims he is a communist. He also stated he wrote O'bama's book Dreams from my Father--but the second O'bama book was done by some political hack.
I did however cringe when Bernadine Dorn was asked 'why go after the La Bianca's' during apple pie. Of course her hands starting flailing and poppy hair got up after no answer.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and the victims will all be black....
illegals work harder, work cheaper....
That is the most stereotypical lie. Falls in the category of a "white lie," a half truth! They my work cheaper but, they don't work harder. Not to say they don't work hard but, 1st of all, they're not physically built to work harder than blackman. Anybody that wants to work will do what the job requires so, when you say they work harder, do they do beon their job requirements? No, just like you don't! You don't work harder than a true blackman that wants to work. Black people worked in the fields also or don't you remember! You just blurt out dumshit without a second thought as to what you're say! Stereotyping the entire race from the exploited you see on the news channels. My fathers been working at the same glass factory since before I was born. Most of the plant has moved down South, all but 2 departments. Only 3 people on my dads job can run the machine gee runs, so when 1 of the other guys take vacation, he & the other alternate working doubles for a month, sometimes 2. You're a silver Spooner, pointing the finger at someone that started from the bottom & worked his way up to have everything you have & maybe more.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Since he will never answer I will. They won't be US corporations very long.
When corporations were given a tax holiday to "bring the profits back tax free" DID THEY HIRE HERE?

NO.

Did they build here?

NO.

They paid out large dividends to filthy rich owners!

Even when they get what they want: they act in the greediest way possible.

Tax rates are the lowest in generations right now.

Not good enough for greedy POS selfish hypocrite Republicans.

"We can't feed poor children in the USA"

BYYTCH SLAPPED!!

OUCH!

Boooner's farm bill goes down in flames!

Republicans: "the richest in the USA are really hurting, they are only worth $60 TRILLION DOLLARS"

GREED! BABY, GREED!

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
I type real slow.

1) They are taxed now.

2) If the law changed from taxing these foreign profits in the year they were made instead of when they were repatriated, then more of those overseas profits would come back to the US & invested here. A incentive to build plants overseas would be eliminated.

3) The taxes used to be collected in the year they were made & guess what? US companies did not collapse as you & Flacktard claim. They flourished.

My God you right whiners don't know f*cking sh*t ( I included those two words so Galt would know it was me posting).

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I flipped over for about 5 minutes last night. In that 5 minutes I saw three double dribbles, five walks, and over a dozen fouls. None were called. It's a bogus game. A damn shame. It was once a beautiful sport to watch.
Flack yearns for the days of the two handed set shot.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Brazilians are now rioting in the streets over rising costs and inflation.
Apparently, theirs was one of the most stable economies in the world last year.
Has Fox News figured out a way to pin this on Obama?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The government was too busy spying on ordinary American citizens to follow up on two terrorists identified by the Russian government, instead rewarding one of them with US citizenship.
Perhaps not a government conspiracy, but the result of government incompetence and neglect.
That's exactly it. We were warned about the Boston bombers and yet nothing was done to secure them or question them.

Even after the fact, Holder made sure the FBI couldn't question the surviving bomber without a lawyer present.

Then there's the Fort Hood jihadist. If this administration can't identify the red flags this guy was waving in lieu of political correctness and would then call it workplace violence after the fact, what kind of reassurances do we have that spying on us has any merit or credibility?

It's not so much the data mining that bothers me. It's Obama describing conservatives against big government a possible "threat to democracy" and going after them while giving our real enemies every protection under the law.

We simply cannot trust this administration to keep us safe and protect its citizens' rights. This administration has to go.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I flipped over for about 5 minutes last night. In that 5 minutes I saw three double dribbles, five walks, and over a dozen fouls. None were called. It's a bogus game. A damn shame. It was once a beautiful sport to watch.
Stick with Nascar, basketball is clearly too fast paced for you old timer. Buncha jackwagons driving around in a circle. Yeah yeah so they are at Sonoma on a road course this week, Homer knows, Homer a fan.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he’d written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.
Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/repu...
So liberals were the majority on food stamps before the recession. As the working folk (republicans) lost their jobs they began using the safety net.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Saudi Arabia Deporting Hezbollah Supporters Due To Lebanese Militant Group's Involvement In Syria Conflict

BEIRUT — In the latest sign of the fissures growing in the Arab world over the Syrian civil war, Saudi Arabia's ambassador to Beirut has announced that the kingdom plans to deport Lebanese who supported Hezbollah, one of Damascus' key allies.

The warning comes as the Lebanese Shiite militant group takes an increasingly prominent role in the Syrian war, fighting alongside President Bashar Assad's troops in a key battle earlier this month. Saudi Arabia is a strong backer of the mostly-Sunni Syrian opposition trying to remove Assad from power. Assad belongs to the minority Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam.

It follows the decision earlier this month by the Gulf Cooperation Council – which includes Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates – to crack down on Hezbollah members in the Gulf and limit their "financial and business transactions."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/saud...

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the VAT & the idea we have a pile of deductions other countries do not.
Foreign made profits are taxed.
Currently the foreign made profits are taxed in the countries where they were made. Then the US corporations owe the US the difference in the foreign rate & the US rate.
My God Galt, you didn't know this?
We used to get this tax in the year these profits were made.
This was changed to when the profits were repatriated.
This encourages corps to not bring home their overseas profits & instead invest then overseas.
Mitt Romney's plan would just make all foreign made profits tax free which would create an exodus of US jobs going overseas.
but many Americans, low rung liberals like yourself, have been lulled into O'bamanomics and his Tinkle-Up Economy (As opposed to Trickle Down) which dictates that if the government gives (borrows and prints money) enough free stuff and money to the poor (and to those earning up to 4 times the poverty level), then those noveau riche poor will pour their windfall profits via the generosity of Uncle Sam back into the economy, and thereby pump up the U.S. economy. Over four years and 4 Trillion Dollars later, we are still waiting. Remember President O'bama's attempt to boost the economy (buy votes) has come via his most recent Tinkle-Up Economic tactic, O'bama Calls for $12.7 Trillion in New Welfare Spending,(this was before the sham election last year)which promised to make it even easier for non-workers to receive welfare benefits, especially if they have no desire to work.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

If the government spys on eveyone, who's to say they didn't dig up dirt on someone like judge roberts and use that dirt to get him to do their bidding? Or won't do something similar in the future?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

The Spreading Stain of Obama's Incompetence

An estimated 93,000 people have died in Syria's metastasizing civil war. Hundreds of thousands of that conflict's refugees strain resources and stability in neighboring countries.

Iran continues its steady march toward nuclear weapons development.

North Korea menaces its neighbors and episodically threatens to launch nuclear missiles at Los Angeles.

Turkey, long lauded by Obama as a model for the region, is violently cracking down on peaceful demonstrators.

Slow growth and high unemployment hobble the world's most advanced economies as growing bureaucracy and crippling debt take their toll.

Islamist movements are making gains in Mali, Indonesia, Pakistan and Iraq after gaining power in Egypt and Tunisia.

The Taliban is boldly flying the flag of the "Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan" (the name of the country when they controlled it before 9/11) from their new offices in Doha.

China is aggressively expanding its navy, engaging in barely concealed cyber espionage on American businesses and government and manufacturing territorial disputes with neighbors in the South China Sea.

Russia is sliding steeply into tyranny, and Islamic terrorists have recently scored two victories -- one on the streets of Boston and one in London.

and what is Obama's main focus besides fundraising for Dems and expensive vacations and golf????

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack yearns for the days of the two handed set shot.
Flack years for the days when the rules were followed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly,
Dave has refused repeatedly to answer the question of what legislation did the Dems pass to reform Fannie and Freddie prior to the Housing Bubble Burst.
It was well known that their was a problem for almost a decade. So put up Sonic, name ONE dem who voted for reform of Freddie and Fannie when these laws were purposed.
The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.

Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.

Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatization, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.

Oxley isn’t too happy about all the criticism Congress is getting for letting Fannie and Freddie get too big.

“All the hand wringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”

http://www.salon.com/2008/09/10/greenspan_bus...

and there ya go.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> That is the most stereotypical lie. Falls in the category of a "white lie," a half truth! They my work cheaper but, they don't work harder. Not to say they don't work hard but, 1st of all, they're not physically built to work harder than blackman. Anybody that wants to work will do what the job requires so, when you say they work harder, do they do beon their job requirements? No, just like you don't! You don't work harder than a true blackman that wants to work. Black people worked in the fields also or don't you remember! You just blurt out dumshit without a second thought as to what you're say! Stereotyping the entire race from the exploited you see on the news channels. My fathers been working at the same glass factory since before I was born. Most of the plant has moved down South, all but 2 departments. Only 3 people on my dads job can run the machine gee runs, so when 1 of the other guys take vacation, he & the other alternate working doubles for a month, sometimes 2. You're a silver Spooner, pointing the finger at someone that started from the bottom & worked his way up to have everything you have & maybe more.
Everyone in America has the opportunity to be a silver spooner--But since O'bama was elected they choose not to-a plastics spoon iz gudz enuffs fo them.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly it. We were warned about the Boston bombers and yet nothing was done to secure them or question them.
Even after the fact, Holder made sure the FBI couldn't question the surviving bomber without a lawyer present.
Then there's the Fort Hood jihadist. If this administration can't identify the red flags this guy was waving in lieu of political correctness and would then call it workplace violence after the fact, what kind of reassurances do we have that spying on us has any merit or credibility?
It's not so much the data mining that bothers me. It's Obama describing conservatives against big government a possible "threat to democracy" and going after them while giving our real enemies every protection under the law.
We simply cannot trust this administration to keep us safe and protect its citizens' rights. This administration has to go.
There is no proof of your first statement.
Nidal Hassan was an American citizen, he was being surveilled under the Bush administration.
You seem to have no concept of how things work. The rest of your post is the usual gobbledegook.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So liberals were the majority on food stamps before the recession. As the working folk (republicans) lost their jobs they began using the safety net.
FOX says you're hired.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
If the government spys on eveyone, who's to say they didn't dig up dirt on someone like judge roberts and use that dirt to get him to do their bidding? Or won't do something similar in the future?
Here's another dolt that thinks this is something new!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 3 min Toj 8
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 min boundary painter 460
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 5 min boundary painter 1,103
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,516
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 10 min boundary painter 359
Music Artists A to Z 11 min boundary painter 259
Amy 7-24 11 min Toj 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 97,516
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••