Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
853,021 - 853,040 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928746 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he resign?
yes.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928747 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Farm subsidies and food stamps both need to go away.
Galt won't be happy until there are no farmers and poor people starve to death. Why do rightwingers hate those in need?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928748 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Aspartame is a neuro-toxin whether in children or adults.
Just use sugar.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928749 Jun 21, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX sheep are misinformed, you are uninformed.
I am trying to get you to inform me. Here's your chance...the question was 'doesn't FOX run 24 hours a day?' if you are so informed please inform me.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928750 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who considers work to be "punitive" deserves to starve.
I believe the requirement was punitive not work. Why do rightwingers have to twist and spin everything? I guess they figure if Fox News can do it and get away with it why can't they...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#928751 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The US corporate tax rate is the highest in the world. Reduce the rate or suffer the consequences.
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
You ignore the VAT & the idea we have a pile of deductions other countries do not.

Foreign made profits are taxed.

Currently the foreign made profits are taxed in the countries where they were made. Then the US corporations owe the US the difference in the foreign rate & the US rate.

My God Galt, you didn't know this?

We used to get this tax in the year these profits were made.

This was changed to when the profits were repatriated.

This encourages corps to not bring home their overseas profits & instead invest then overseas.

Mitt Romney's plan would just make all foreign made profits tax free which would create an exodus of US jobs going overseas.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928752 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who considers work to be "punitive" deserves to starve.
Exactly

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928753 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The US corporate tax rate is the highest in the world. Reduce the rate or suffer the consequences.
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
Since he will never answer I will. They won't be US corporations very long.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928754 Jun 21, 2013
Taliban Talks Could Depend on Detainees
These five prisoners at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, could be the key to whether the negotiations the United States has long sought with the Taliban are a success, or even take place. A Taliban spokesman in Qatar said Thursday that exchanging them for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, an American prisoner of war who has been held by militants since 2009, would be a way to “build bridges of confidence” to start broader peace talks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/world/asia/...
Impossible to negotiate with the Taliban.

When the US leaves Afghanistan, the Taliban will massacre everybody associated with the government.

As for Afghan women, back to the Stone Age.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928755 Jun 21, 2013
The Heat Delivers a Moment to Remember
The jump shot from LeBron James went into the net with 27.9 seconds left and, as soon as it did, he pumped his fist with a winner's look, a champion's look, as the noise you'd only heard once before shook AmericanAirlines Arena.
San Antonio's season was finally fading, and the Heat's star was rising, again, in this 95-88 win in Game 7 of the NBA Finals.
They won with LeBron scoring 37 points. They won with Dwyane Wade answering questions with 23 points. They won with Shane Battier making six 3-point shots — as many shots as he'd made in the previous six Finals games.
They won against a San Antonio team full of deserving Hall of Famers, who kept matching the Heat shot for shot Thursday night, moment for moment, until LeBron's jumper gave a four-point cushion.
They won.
Nobody cares.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928756 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the requirement was punitive not work. Why do rightwingers have to twist and spin everything? I guess they figure if Fox News can do it and get away with it why can't they...
Another moron who thinks news censorship is good-eh?

Galt is quoting from an article that Sonic posted. Don't like it take it up with NYT
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928757 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It has NEVER been answered.
What legislation did the Democrats pass in 2007 that created this recession.
Come on Flack. Tell me.
but Dave, did FOX ever supply them with that info?

so you're SOOL on that one.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928758 Jun 21, 2013
Boeing 3D prints over 20,000 parts for it's 787 Dreamliner. Yeah 3D printing will be years in the future.

Newville, PA

#928759 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So...
Ayers is allowed to act like a terrorist if he doesn't intend anyone to get hurt?
Ayers can call Obama a war criminal and it is alright with you because it is his opinion?
Hmmm, what is your fascination with this man?
Ayers was charged with a crime. The charges were dropped due to illegal evidence gathering. So he was not allowed.

Setting a bomb is different than voicing an opinion. I realize that concept is way above your pay grade.

I have no fasciation. I only talk about him because you dumbass right whiners keep lying about him & I have to correct you.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928760 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the VAT & the idea we have a pile of deductions other countries do not.
Foreign made profits are taxed.
Currently the foreign made profits are taxed in the countries where they were made. Then the US corporations owe the US the difference in the foreign rate & the US rate.
My God Galt, you didn't know this?
We used to get this tax in the year these profits were made.
This was changed to when the profits were repatriated.
This encourages corps to not bring home their overseas profits & instead invest then overseas.
Mitt Romney's plan would just make all foreign made profits tax free which would create an exodus of US jobs going overseas.
What is the world are you mumbling about?

Name the countries who tax monies earned on foreign soil with a link.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928761 Jun 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Since he will never answer I will. They won't be US corporations very long.
Exactly.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928762 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/repu...
i'll bet most of those counties are all white.
I'll bet you are wrong--look at Texas--all those illegals. Law breakers getting food stamps. Why?
And then Gwinnet county in GA--Today, Gwinnett has large populations of blacks, Hispanics and (perhaps most surprisingly) Asians--you know what happens when these populations take over the area? don't act stupid. Gwinnett County: 91 percent white in 1990; 44 percent white today.
So are illegals counted if they are illegal? just asking.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928763 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but Dave, did FOX ever supply them with that info?
so you're SOOL on that one.
Silly,

Dave has refused repeatedly to answer the question of what legislation did the Dems pass to reform Fannie and Freddie prior to the Housing Bubble Burst.

It was well known that their was a problem for almost a decade. So put up Sonic, name ONE dem who voted for reform of Freddie and Fannie when these laws were purposed.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928764 Jun 21, 2013
*there not their

Newville, PA

#928765 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
I answered it. I guess you & Flack just can't handle it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min wojar 177,385
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 27 min 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr SLY WEST 7,749
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info