Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928739 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Ayers is entitled to his opinions. Note that he has said the same about every President since at least Carter.
Exactly. These rightwingers on here just can't comprehend that there is a far left segment of the population that will always be against everything. Any president has to lead from the center to survive, it's not a dictatorship.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928740 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Ayers is entitled to his opinions. Note that he has said the same about every President since at least Carter.
So...

Ayers is allowed to act like a terrorist if he doesn't intend anyone to get hurt?

Ayers can call Obama a war criminal and it is alright with you because it is his opinion?

Hmmm, what is your fascination with this man?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928741 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A Hew Hampshire state representative resigned Thursday after alleging that the Boston Marathon bombing was a government conspiracy, WMUR reported.
State Rep. Stella Tremblay (R) sent in her letter of resignation to the New Hampshire House of Representatives a day after she sent an e-mail blast to colleagues with links to Boston Marathon bombing conspiracy blogs and videos.
"Have you seen ANY main stream media doing a follow-up on these stories? I have not. I just connect the dots," wrote Tremblay in the e-mail, according to WMUR. "Apparently, it is very dangerous to seek truth, or ask questions."
Tremblay first floated her theory that the marathon bombings were planted by the government to sideline civil liberties in April. Her colleagues in the House responded by voting to fully rebuke her remarks.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/n...
another right wing loser who thought everyone should be listening to what she had to say.
but when you start quoting Glenn Beck: the end is near.
The government was too busy spying on ordinary American citizens to follow up on two terrorists identified by the Russian government, instead rewarding one of them with US citizenship.

Perhaps not a government conspiracy, but the result of government incompetence and neglect.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#928742 Jun 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The question has been answered many times. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it hasn't been answered.
It has NEVER been answered.

What legislation did the Democrats pass in 2007 that created this recession.

Come on Flack. Tell me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928743 Jun 21, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Chicago schools failing and Liberals will blame whitey...
"Union boss Karen Lewis blames ‘rich white people’ for Chicago school district woes"
http://eagnews.org/union-boss-karen-lewis-bla...
Fortunately, Karen Lewis will likely soon eat herself to death.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928744 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you are in favor of the United States to get involved in a civil war in Syria? There is no such thing as a quick end to suffering; what would you suggest? Bombing them to smithereens? There are over a half million refugees in Lebanon from Syria; let the other Arab nations feed them. Russia, Iran and China are backing the President. Let them figure it out.
So you are against Obama sending weapons to the rebels?

Before you make an idiot out of yourself go read a news article on this topic as you are sounding like frontporch here. Completely misinformed.

Hint: Russia and Iran are opposing what Obama is doing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928745 Jun 21, 2013
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he’d written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.

Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/repu...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928746 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Did he resign?
yes.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928747 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Farm subsidies and food stamps both need to go away.
Galt won't be happy until there are no farmers and poor people starve to death. Why do rightwingers hate those in need?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928748 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Aspartame is a neuro-toxin whether in children or adults.
Just use sugar.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928749 Jun 21, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX sheep are misinformed, you are uninformed.
I am trying to get you to inform me. Here's your chance...the question was 'doesn't FOX run 24 hours a day?' if you are so informed please inform me.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928750 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who considers work to be "punitive" deserves to starve.
I believe the requirement was punitive not work. Why do rightwingers have to twist and spin everything? I guess they figure if Fox News can do it and get away with it why can't they...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#928751 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The US corporate tax rate is the highest in the world. Reduce the rate or suffer the consequences.
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
You ignore the VAT & the idea we have a pile of deductions other countries do not.

Foreign made profits are taxed.

Currently the foreign made profits are taxed in the countries where they were made. Then the US corporations owe the US the difference in the foreign rate & the US rate.

My God Galt, you didn't know this?

We used to get this tax in the year these profits were made.

This was changed to when the profits were repatriated.

This encourages corps to not bring home their overseas profits & instead invest then overseas.

Mitt Romney's plan would just make all foreign made profits tax free which would create an exodus of US jobs going overseas.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928752 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who considers work to be "punitive" deserves to starve.
Exactly

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928753 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The US corporate tax rate is the highest in the world. Reduce the rate or suffer the consequences.
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
Since he will never answer I will. They won't be US corporations very long.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928754 Jun 21, 2013
Taliban Talks Could Depend on Detainees
These five prisoners at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, could be the key to whether the negotiations the United States has long sought with the Taliban are a success, or even take place. A Taliban spokesman in Qatar said Thursday that exchanging them for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, an American prisoner of war who has been held by militants since 2009, would be a way to “build bridges of confidence” to start broader peace talks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/world/asia/...
Impossible to negotiate with the Taliban.

When the US leaves Afghanistan, the Taliban will massacre everybody associated with the government.

As for Afghan women, back to the Stone Age.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928755 Jun 21, 2013
The Heat Delivers a Moment to Remember
The jump shot from LeBron James went into the net with 27.9 seconds left and, as soon as it did, he pumped his fist with a winner's look, a champion's look, as the noise you'd only heard once before shook AmericanAirlines Arena.
San Antonio's season was finally fading, and the Heat's star was rising, again, in this 95-88 win in Game 7 of the NBA Finals.
They won with LeBron scoring 37 points. They won with Dwyane Wade answering questions with 23 points. They won with Shane Battier making six 3-point shots — as many shots as he'd made in the previous six Finals games.
They won against a San Antonio team full of deserving Hall of Famers, who kept matching the Heat shot for shot Thursday night, moment for moment, until LeBron's jumper gave a four-point cushion.
They won.
Nobody cares.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928756 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the requirement was punitive not work. Why do rightwingers have to twist and spin everything? I guess they figure if Fox News can do it and get away with it why can't they...
Another moron who thinks news censorship is good-eh?

Galt is quoting from an article that Sonic posted. Don't like it take it up with NYT
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928757 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It has NEVER been answered.
What legislation did the Democrats pass in 2007 that created this recession.
Come on Flack. Tell me.
but Dave, did FOX ever supply them with that info?

so you're SOOL on that one.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928758 Jun 21, 2013
Boeing 3D prints over 20,000 parts for it's 787 Dreamliner. Yeah 3D printing will be years in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abia State University, Direct entry admission c... 7 min prof vicktor 1
Abby 9-30 10 min edogxxx 2
Amy 9-30 13 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,544
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 54 min Frijoles 69,461
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,321

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]