Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,646)

Showing posts 852,901 - 852,920 of1,072,426
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
Obama is a fool. They are still laughing at him in Germany. Obama stated that there are people without jobs and children without food. His answer to mass unemployment is to have the United States reduce there nuclear arms.
Not at all. Obama's prescription for eliminating unemployment and child poverty is close to Yon Kim's view at the World Bank. "STOCKHOLM (AP)- The World Bank says it will increasingly view its efforts to help developing countries fight poverty through a "climate lens."

In a report released Wednesday, the international lending institution warned that heat waves, rising seas, more severe storms and other impacts of climate change will trap millions of people in poverty.

As a result, the Washington-based bank said it is stepping up support for efforts to curb climate change and to help the world adapt to it.

"Urgent action is needed to not only reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but also to help countries prepare for a world of dramatic climate change and weather extremes," World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said in a statement.

Already by the 2030s, 40% of the land used to grow maize in sub-Saharan Africa will be unable to sustain that crop because of droughts and heat, the report said. Also by that time, sea level rise coupled with more intense cyclones could inundate much of Thailand's capital, Bangkok, it said.

"At the World Bank Group, we are concerned that unless the world takes bold action now, a disastrously warming planet threatens to put prosperity out of reach of millions and roll back decades of development," Kim said. "In response we are stepping up our mitigation, adaptation, and disaster risk management work, and will increasingly look at all our business through a 'climate lens.'"
http://www.kltv.com/story/22628896/world-bank...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, more homoeroticism fantasy from the forum closet queen
Oh, yeah. Like lily doesn't enjoy nuts in her mouth, too.

Peanuts, Brazil nuts, NBA, MLB, NHL, Pissedashooz, Chippendales,.....

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism seems everywhere including the resignation of GOP type today,
-
An Illinois Republican official resigned Thursday, after writing a vicious attack on a biracial, female congressional candidate–calling her the “love child” of the Democratic National Committee, destined to work for “some law firm that needs to meet their quota for minority hires.”
The target was Erika Harold, a former Miss America and Harvard Law graduate who is seeking the Republican nomination for the 13th congressional district in central Illinois.
Montgomery County GOP Chairman Jim Allen referred to Harold as “miss queen,” and said that she was “being used like a street walker,” whose “pimps are the DEMOCRAT PARTY and RINO REPUBLICANS.” Allen sent the email to the conservative website Republican News Watch, which posted the text in full and called it a “racist rant.”
Republicans have problems with racism
Why can't Republicans learn from their mistakes? "It’s as if they didn’t learn a thing from the 2012 elections. Republicans are on the same suicide mission as before -- trying to block immigration reform (if they can’t scuttle it in the Senate, they’re ready to in the House), roll back the clock on abortion rights (they’re pushing federal and state legislation to ban abortions in the first 22 weeks), and stop gay marriage wherever possible.

As almost everyone knows by now, this puts them the wrong side of history. America is becoming more ethnically diverse, women are gaining economic and political power, and young people are more socially libertarian than ever before.

Why can’t Republicans learn?

It’s no answer to say their “base”— ever older, whiter, more rural and male — won’t budge. The Democratic Party of the 1990s simply ignored its old base and became New Democrats, spearheading a North American Free Trade Act (to the chagrin of organized labor), performance standards in classrooms (resisted by teachers’ unions) and welfare reform and crime control (upsetting traditional liberals).

The real answer is the Republican base is far more entrenched, institutionally, than was the old Democratic base. And its power is concentrated in certain states — most of the old Confederacy plus Arizona, Alaska, Indiana, and Wisconsin — which together exert more of a choke-hold on the Republican national party machinery than the old Democrats, spread widely but thinly over many states, exerted on the Democratic Party."
http://robertreich.org/post/53326939792

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too
Rochester, Minn.(CBS ATLANTA)– Researchers find that nearly 70 percent of Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and more than half receive at least two prescriptions.

Mayo Clinic researchers report that antibiotics, antidepressants and painkiller opioids are the most common prescriptions given to Americans. Twenty percent of U.S. patients were also found to be on five or more prescription medications.

The study is uncovering valuable information to the researchers about U.S. prescription practices.

“Often when people talk about health conditions they’re talking about chronic conditions such as heart disease or diabetes,” Dr. St. Sauver stated in a Mayo Clinic press release.“However, the second most common prescription was for antidepressants — that suggests mental health is a huge issue and is something we should focus on. And the third most common drugs were opioids, which is a bit concerning considering their addicting nature.”

Nearly one in four women ages 50-64 were found to be on an antidepressant, with 13 percent of the overall population also on antidepressants. Seventeen percent of people in the study were being prescribed antibiotics, and 13 percent were on painkilling opioids.

As a whole, women and older adults received the most prescription drugs. Antidepressants and opioids were most common among young and middle-aged adults.

The percentage of people who took at least one prescription drug in the past month increased from 44 percent in 1999-2000 to 48 percent in 2007-08, the Mayo Clinic reports. Expenditures on prescription drugs reached $250 billion in 2009, and accounted for 12 percent of total personal health care expenditures.

According to the CDC, the percent of persons using at least one prescription drug in the past month increased nearly 50 percent between 2007 and 2010.

And the researchers said prescription drug spending will only increase in the future.

*So let's give the people of the United States free or forced health care and see how fast they go down the tubes. I can hardly wait. Then you know what happens-the government will take away the pharma. I can hardly wait for that also. No wonder half the people you see are in a coma...and voted for O'bama. They can't even think for themselves.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/study-...

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Not at all. Obama's prescription for eliminating unemployment and child poverty is close to Yon Kim's view at the World Bank. "STOCKHOLM (AP)- The World Bank says it will increasingly view its efforts to help developing countries fight poverty through a "climate lens."
In a report released Wednesday, the international lending institution warned that heat waves, rising seas, more severe storms and other impacts of climate change will trap millions of people in poverty.
As a result, the Washington-based bank said it is stepping up support for efforts to curb climate change and to help the world adapt to it.
"Urgent action is needed to not only reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but also to help countries prepare for a world of dramatic climate change and weather extremes," World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said in a statement.
Already by the 2030s, 40% of the land used to grow maize in sub-Saharan Africa will be unable to sustain that crop because of droughts and heat, the report said. Also by that time, sea level rise coupled with more intense cyclones could inundate much of Thailand's capital, Bangkok, it said.
"At the World Bank Group, we are concerned that unless the world takes bold action now, a disastrously warming planet threatens to put prosperity out of reach of millions and roll back decades of development," Kim said. "In response we are stepping up our mitigation, adaptation, and disaster risk management work, and will increasingly look at all our business through a 'climate lens.'"
http://www.kltv.com/story/22628896/world-bank...
I wish a bolt of climate lightning would strike and shock O'bama and his followers like you to their senses.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You are not an economist so I don't expect you to understand much about market fluctuations. There was the sell-off immediately upon hearing the good news from Bernanke of an improving U S economy, housing market remarkable recovery notwithstanding--the only thing 'inevitable' was that there would be so many short-term takers grabbing for the short term fruit . The wise money investors will be putting even more of their own money up front now that over-confidence is at all-time highs again. Here's Maria Bartiromo's take on the 'market dive'. "Maria's Observation: Good Economy, Bad Market" :
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/cnbc/52267804/#5...
You are not an economist so I don't expect you to understand much about outside market support from the Fed. When interest rates are no longer kept artificially low through government intervention, the markets will have a tough time. The transition from a fake to a real market will be a rough one. Speculators may do well but they will probably be Magic Negro Inside Traders. The IRS folks will keep the Magic Negro's friends advised.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody with a brain knows that the stock market has been over-hyped by Fed actions and that the bubble must deflate if the Fed stops pumping.
frontporch thinks the stock market sells off on good news -she won't understand feds still "stimulating" the stock market by printing money.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The national debt continues to increase, every day.
"In 1981, the supply-siders commandeered the Reagan Presidency and employed their Voodoo economics, as Bush senior had called it in 1980. He was saying that tax cuts would not increase government revenues. As you can see on the graph above (get it on your smartphone app info), the Voodoo failed just as Bush predicted, and the supply-siders turned a 32-year winning streak into a debt disaster that continues to this day. For 20 years, under Reagan and the Bushes, the national debt increased compared to GDP every single year. In most other years it decreased. Twenty years in a row can't be just an accident, but to understand you need to learn the voodoo strategy.(Why graph Debt / GDP ?)

What's causing today's huge deficits? Deficit basics. Top 4 deficit causes.

Bush senior fought against supply-side debt, so the Republicans didn't support him and he lost to Clinton, who put an end to supply-side economics. G. W. Bush brought it back full strength, with V.P. Cheney saying "Reagan proved deficits don't matter." Currently supply-siders are in full control of the Republican party.

What about Obama? Notice how the debt accelerated during Bush's last two budget years. Obama's debt is a continuation of that trend and neither Bush nor Obama are directly responsible for that acceleration. It happened because of the recession. Bush set the all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days between July 30 and Nov 9, 2008—but that had little to do with his choices. "
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You are not an economist so I don't expect you to understand much about market fluctuations. There was the sell-off immediately upon hearing the good news from Bernanke of an improving U S economy, housing market remarkable recovery notwithstanding--the only thing 'inevitable' was that there would be so many short-term takers grabbing for the short term fruit . The wise money investors will be putting even more of their own money up front now that over-confidence is at all-time highs again. Here's Maria Bartiromo's take on the 'market dive'. "Maria's Observation: Good Economy, Bad Market" :
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/cnbc/52267804/#5...
Everyone is selling off because the Fed is going to quit pumping fake money at the rate of 85 billion a month. Most of this so called stimulus aka O'bama stupidity, is buying housing securities. I am sorry you are so ignorant that you haven't listened to what is going on. I have seen several posters including myself try to explain it to. It is called Original politics.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No, that would be the New Democrats of 1992 led by Bill Clinton who challenged their old party base of liberal Great Society reformers with new ideas on welfare reform(workfare) and a new trade relationship with Central America(NAFTA)
Welfare Reform started in my home state of Wisconsin, it was the work of a Republican governor, called Tommy Thompson. Clinton did not come up with that on his own. The only thing he came up with on his own was a different way of using a cigar in the White House--never tried before in the White House.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Russ Tice, Bush-Era Whistleblower, Claims NSA Ordered Wiretap Of Barack Obama In 2004

"Here's the big one ... this was in summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois," he said. "You wouldn't happen to know where that guy lives right now would you? It's a big white house in Washington, D.C. That's who they went after, and that's the president of the United States now."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/russ...

now watch the wingnuts try to justify that one.

but tell them someone tapped the phone of a FOX reporter and see how they act.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone is selling off because the Fed is going to quit pumping fake money at the rate of 85 billion a month. Most of this so called stimulus aka O'bama stupidity, is buying housing securities. I am sorry you are so ignorant that you haven't listened to what is going on. I have seen several posters including myself try to explain it to. It is called Original politics.
Wall Street loved all the free money Government offered them, but now they'll just have to learn to be more responsible with their money or fail. Isn't that Wall Street's own first law of extreme social Darwinian capitalism ,adapt or die?:-D

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
We're making progress John, now that you've admitted Obama is smart. The next step is to acknowledge that you and your friends here aren't.
That acknowledgement will never take place because smart people don't lie to themselves like you do. Bernie Madoff was smart. Stalin was smart. Il Duce was smart.

But all of the above azzholes eventually met their end.

In this same context, the Magic Negro is smart. A smartass.

"Evil moves"

--- Elie Wiesel

It is America's turn to play host.

Evil

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Welfare Reform started in my home state of Wisconsin, it was the work of a Republican governor, called Tommy Thompson. Clinton did not come up with that on his own. The only thing he came up with on his own was a different way of using a cigar in the White House--never tried before in the White House.
Tommy Thompson needs to choke on his own tongue and die.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Harold may make a fine candidate if she can win the primary, but her having worked for the same law firm as Barack and Moochelle does raise some suspicions.
A Mole?
IRS SPIKES THE BALL

Slidell, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

IRS EMPLOYEES get HUGE BONUSES for TARGETING the TEA PARTY!

IRS SPIKES this POLITICAL FOOTBALL in our "ENDZONE" in 2013!

IRS EMPLOYEES get a 70-MILLION DOLLAR BONUS from the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION for doing such a GOOD JOB of TARGETING TEA PARTY, RELIGIOUS and PATRIOTS GROUPS that PRESIDENT OBAMA, ERIC HOLDER and MORRIS DEES OPPOSED!

FACT, Mr. MORRIS DEES actually LISTED many of those RELIGIOUS, TEA PARTY and PATROIT GROUPS on his SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTERS "HATE MAP"!

FACT: Some IRS EMPLOYEES have even been given PROMOTIONS and significant increases in SALARY!

FACT: PRESIDENT OBAMA has MISLEAD U.S., MISTREATED U.S. and VIOLATED the our CIVIL RIGHTS for the past 4.4 years. Additionally he has corrupted FEDERAL AGENCIES like the IRS, the STATE DEPARTMENT, ULTRA LIBERAL MEMBERS of CONGRESS, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the EPA, the USJD, the DHS and the USDE.

FACT: PRESIDENT OBAMA has INCREASED the SIZE and SCOPE of our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TRIFOLD SPENDING our HARD-EARNED TAX DOLLARS like a DRUNKIN SAILOR in a WHORE HOUSE!

FACT: PRESIDENT OBAMA and his CZARS need to GEAUX and they need to GEAUX QUICKLY before they DESTROY our CONSTITUTION, our CIVIL RIGHTS and our very NATION!

FACT: No MAN is ABOVE the LAW and NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO POSSESS THE KIND OF POWER OVER U.S. THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS AZZ/U/ME/D!

FACT: By abusing his AZZ/U/ME/D POWERS of OFFICE, PRESIDENT OBAMA has made an AZZ out of "U" and "ME" as he has attempted to DESTROY our CONSTITUTIONAL and CIVIL RIGHTS! RIGHTS that MILLIONS of our FATHERS and FORE-FATHER gave their LIVES, LIMBS and LIBERTIES to PRESERVE and PROTECT! It is in their HONOR that I as a Very PROUD U.S. CITIZEN SPEAK OUT AGAINST the TYRRANY of the OBAMANATION of AMERICA!

FACT: PRESIDENT OBAMA is DEFINITELY a FLIGHT RISK and his TRAVELS using AIRFORCE ONE should be RESTRICTED to DOMESTIC areas of the continental UNITED STATES!

... and that's a WRAP!

fatuous1 is MARK TRAINA a LILY WHITE CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST from Southeast LOUISIANA whose RUNNING for GOVERNOR of the GREAT STATE of LOUISIANA in 2015!

FACT: I will be the next GOVERNOR of the GREAT STATE of LOUISIANA, unless the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION DRONES ME!

"PRESIDENT OBAMA PROMISED U.S. EVERYTHING, BUT HAS ONLY DELIVERS U.S TYRANNY AND EVIL!" (TRAINAISM, 2013)

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The national debt continues to increase, every day.
Yep, and you can thank Reagan for turning a 32-year reduction in the national debt into the debt disaster that continues to this day.

Just keep in mind. If Romney had been elected, the debt would have risen at a faster pace for "the same reasons it went up under Reagan — more military spending and tax cuts for the rich."

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Tommy Thompson needs to choke on his own tongue and die.
Gov Thompson lifted more people out of poverty than any other governor in the state history of Wisconsin. People were educated, given a skill and worked. The dead beats moved to Illinois. I suppose liberals like yourself would want to kill a Gov who actually elevates people.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt said, "Obama beat Hillary by playing the race card." Harry Reid and Joe Biden made their comments long after the 2008 Democratic primary and, therefore, your post has no relevance.
You're lying through your missing teeth, Dood, and, therefore, your post has no relevance.

The Joe Biden comment was made back in 2007 - at least.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kellmeyer...

And I'm not going to chase all over Hell to find the Reid comment date because your credibility is shot to hell, loudmouth.

Liberals make it up as they go. Whatever works at the moment. Morals, ethics, policies, history....just make it up!

Your Faux paus is no better than the long list of Magic Negro lies. He's your mentor, eh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Wall Street loved all the free money Government offered them, but now they'll just have to learn to be more responsible with their money or fail. Isn't that Wall Street's own first law of extreme social Darwinian capitalism ,adapt or die?:-D
Right. In the end the stock market will have to adjust to the real economy and it is not going to pretty -300 pt drop today on the suggestion that the FEDs will trim their 85 billion bond buy a month.

The FEDs did this without an exit strategy. So the bubble will burst again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 852,901 - 852,920 of1,072,426
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless”... 8 min joey 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Midlothian Composer 97,438
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 1 hr joey 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Midlothian Composer 3,817
Beach Towel Racism 2 hr needs another read 30
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 397
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 173,641
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••