Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928767 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Brazilians are now rioting in the streets over rising costs and inflation.
Apparently, theirs was one of the most stable economies in the world last year.
They are rioting because they were so lucky to get the Olympics--and now they are so lucky to be paying out of their own pocket for the Olympics. Thank G-d the O'bama failed in his attempt to bring the Olympics to Chicago or the same would be happening there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928768 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the VAT & the idea we have a pile of deductions other countries do not.
Foreign made profits are taxed.
Currently the foreign made profits are taxed in the countries where they were made. Then the US corporations owe the US the difference in the foreign rate & the US rate.
My God Galt, you didn't know this?
We used to get this tax in the year these profits were made.
This was changed to when the profits were repatriated.
This encourages corps to not bring home their overseas profits & instead invest then overseas.
Mitt Romney's plan would just make all foreign made profits tax free which would create an exodus of US jobs going overseas.
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928769 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you are in favor of the United States to get involved in a civil war in Syria? There is no such thing as a quick end to suffering; what would you suggest? Bombing them to smithereens? There are over a half million refugees in Lebanon from Syria; let the other Arab nations feed them. Russia, Iran and China are backing the President. Let them figure it out.
I didn't say that. You did.

It just seems the civilized world is watching these horrors unfold and wringing their hands.

Same in Rwanda and Darfur. I don't understand why something more can't be done by the collective global community when these kinds of atrocities occur. I wish someone were smart enough to know.

That's what I said.

Even the atrocities commited in the gulags in North Korea, the civilized world looks the other way without even so much as shining a continual spotlight on it and condemning it.

We can't even get our heads around the human atrocities taking place in North Korea. Political and cultural demographics is a good excuse, but the civilized world is just too disinterested to care.

That bothers me greatly.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928770 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares.
I flipped over for about 5 minutes last night. In that 5 minutes I saw three double dribbles, five walks, and over a dozen fouls. None were called. It's a bogus game. A damn shame. It was once a beautiful sport to watch.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#928771 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the world are you mumbling about?
Name the countries who tax monies earned on foreign soil with a link.
ou idiot. The subjects US corporations and the profits they earn overseas.

Try to keep up, sonny.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928772 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayers was charged with a crime. The charges were dropped due to illegal evidence gathering. So he was not allowed.
Setting a bomb is different than voicing an opinion. I realize that concept is way above your pay grade.
I have no fasciation. I only talk about him because you dumbass right whiners keep lying about him & I have to correct you.
The "illegal evidence gathering" was not much different than what Obama is doing to all US citizens today.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928773 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. These rightwingers on here just can't comprehend that there is a far left segment of the population that will always be against everything. Any president has to lead from the center to survive, it's not a dictatorship.
Yes, the Progressives who has a strangle hold on the Dems.

Media Matters, Move On, Think Progress, Talking Points Memo, et al are partisan Progressive sites that are quoted frequently from by the LEFT here.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928774 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the VAT & the idea we have a pile of deductions other countries do not.
Foreign made profits are taxed.
Currently the foreign made profits are taxed in the countries where they were made. Then the US corporations owe the US the difference in the foreign rate & the US rate.
My God Galt, you didn't know this?
We used to get this tax in the year these profits were made.
This was changed to when the profits were repatriated.
This encourages corps to not bring home their overseas profits & instead invest then overseas.
Mitt Romney's plan would just make all foreign made profits tax free which would create an exodus of US jobs going overseas.
How can US corporations compete overseas if they are required to pay higher tax rates than foreign companies operating in the same country?

Prevented this

#928775 Jun 21, 2013
Little Secrets wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Csa9fnVc1VUXX
Do we want to live in a world where a 17 year old boy can not safely walk home due to a self-appointed vigilante overzealous neighborhood watch trigger happy male is driving around, looking for a target?
Jorge Z. says it was God's will. Some say his gun jammed or there would have been more shots. Some say they heard a sound like he cocked his weapon.
Judge is going to allow the word "profiling" and so it goes.
Most people are tired living in a world where 17 year old thug boys are shooting innocent people which occurs before or after they rob them. Everyone has seen the picture of the boy with his gun and his gang banging tattoos and what kind of boy gets thrown out of school for drugs? O'bamason. I predict the woman from Chicago will hang this jury out to dry.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928776 Jun 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I flipped over for about 5 minutes last night. In that 5 minutes I saw three double dribbles, five walks, and over a dozen fouls. None were called. It's a bogus game. A damn shame. It was once a beautiful sport to watch.
Galt avoided the pain.

Newville, PA

#928777 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly,
Dave has refused repeatedly to answer the question of what legislation did the Dems pass to reform Fannie and Freddie prior to the Housing Bubble Burst.
It was well known that their was a problem for almost a decade. So put up Sonic, name ONE dem who voted for reform of Freddie and Fannie when these laws were purposed.
Republicans controlled Congress for 6 of the Clinton years plus many of the Bush years.

The only attempt they made was when Bush tried a power grab to put F & F oversight under White House control. Even Republicans voted no.

F & F were participants in the sub prime mortgage fiasco but they were not the creator of the sub prime mortgagenor the cause of the collapse.

2007 was te first time since 1993 that Democrats controlled both houses.

So in the decade preceding 2006, Republicans basically controlled Congress.

Prevented this

#928778 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayers was charged with a crime. The charges were dropped due to illegal evidence gathering. So he was not allowed.
Setting a bomb is different than voicing an opinion. I realize that concept is way above your pay grade.
I have no fasciation. I only talk about him because you dumbass right whiners keep lying about him & I have to correct you.
I sat across from him when he said he was the only person in America who openly proclaims he is a communist. He also stated he wrote O'bama's book Dreams from my Father--but the second O'bama book was done by some political hack.
I did however cringe when Bernadine Dorn was asked 'why go after the La Bianca's' during apple pie. Of course her hands starting flailing and poppy hair got up after no answer.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#928779 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and the victims will all be black....
illegals work harder, work cheaper....
That is the most stereotypical lie. Falls in the category of a "white lie," a half truth! They my work cheaper but, they don't work harder. Not to say they don't work hard but, 1st of all, they're not physically built to work harder than blackman. Anybody that wants to work will do what the job requires so, when you say they work harder, do they do beon their job requirements? No, just like you don't! You don't work harder than a true blackman that wants to work. Black people worked in the fields also or don't you remember! You just blurt out dumshit without a second thought as to what you're say! Stereotyping the entire race from the exploited you see on the news channels. My fathers been working at the same glass factory since before I was born. Most of the plant has moved down South, all but 2 departments. Only 3 people on my dads job can run the machine gee runs, so when 1 of the other guys take vacation, he & the other alternate working doubles for a month, sometimes 2. You're a silver Spooner, pointing the finger at someone that started from the bottom & worked his way up to have everything you have & maybe more.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#928780 Jun 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Since he will never answer I will. They won't be US corporations very long.
When corporations were given a tax holiday to "bring the profits back tax free" DID THEY HIRE HERE?

NO.

Did they build here?

NO.

They paid out large dividends to filthy rich owners!

Even when they get what they want: they act in the greediest way possible.

Tax rates are the lowest in generations right now.

Not good enough for greedy POS selfish hypocrite Republicans.

"We can't feed poor children in the USA"

BYYTCH SLAPPED!!

OUCH!

Boooner's farm bill goes down in flames!

Republicans: "the richest in the USA are really hurting, they are only worth $60 TRILLION DOLLARS"

GREED! BABY, GREED!

Newville, PA

#928781 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, what do you think would happen if you decided to tax US corporations on foreign-made profits?
I type real slow.

1) They are taxed now.

2) If the law changed from taxing these foreign profits in the year they were made instead of when they were repatriated, then more of those overseas profits would come back to the US & invested here. A incentive to build plants overseas would be eliminated.

3) The taxes used to be collected in the year they were made & guess what? US companies did not collapse as you & Flacktard claim. They flourished.

My God you right whiners don't know f*cking sh*t ( I included those two words so Galt would know it was me posting).

Newville, PA

#928783 Jun 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I flipped over for about 5 minutes last night. In that 5 minutes I saw three double dribbles, five walks, and over a dozen fouls. None were called. It's a bogus game. A damn shame. It was once a beautiful sport to watch.
Flack yearns for the days of the two handed set shot.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928784 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Brazilians are now rioting in the streets over rising costs and inflation.
Apparently, theirs was one of the most stable economies in the world last year.
Has Fox News figured out a way to pin this on Obama?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928785 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The government was too busy spying on ordinary American citizens to follow up on two terrorists identified by the Russian government, instead rewarding one of them with US citizenship.
Perhaps not a government conspiracy, but the result of government incompetence and neglect.
That's exactly it. We were warned about the Boston bombers and yet nothing was done to secure them or question them.

Even after the fact, Holder made sure the FBI couldn't question the surviving bomber without a lawyer present.

Then there's the Fort Hood jihadist. If this administration can't identify the red flags this guy was waving in lieu of political correctness and would then call it workplace violence after the fact, what kind of reassurances do we have that spying on us has any merit or credibility?

It's not so much the data mining that bothers me. It's Obama describing conservatives against big government a possible "threat to democracy" and going after them while giving our real enemies every protection under the law.

We simply cannot trust this administration to keep us safe and protect its citizens' rights. This administration has to go.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928786 Jun 21, 2013
flack wrote:
Stick with Nascar, basketball is clearly too fast paced for you old timer. Buncha jackwagons driving around in a circle. Yeah yeah so they are at Sonoma on a road course this week, Homer knows, Homer a fan.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928787 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that hed written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.
Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/repu...
So liberals were the majority on food stamps before the recession. As the working folk (republicans) lost their jobs they began using the safety net.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min KiMerde 51,255
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min loose cannon 181,840
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min TRD 68,885
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min positronium 49,223
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 71,045
2 cops executed in new york 3 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 3 hr The Patriot 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]