Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252765 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928920 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at this level and to this degree under this much suspicion with so many documented lies and stonewalling by so many.
Everyone expects a certain amount of "spying" and "targeting" goes on under any administration. Bush looked into two major liberal organizations but Clinton holds the record - and no one even blinked an eye even under Clinton.
It's very different now, Homer. I'm sorry to have to tell you the obvious.
How do you know?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928921 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like I am in with some pretty good company whereas you have aligned yourself with a bunch of idiots.
I'll take Lily, Dave and Realtime over the rest of you idiots any day.
Lily : abortion = good
Dave : Misinterprets 90% of what people post
Realtime : It's almost 10am, think I'll crack open a Coors light.

You go, girl!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928923 Jun 21, 2013
There has to be a way to make money off all this rightwing fear and paranoia. A media outlet playing into these fears has already been taken, hmmm anyone have any other suggestions?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928924 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Even democratic strategists are saying once you lose the people's trust, it's virtually impossible to get it back.
This administration has to go. It's the only possible solution at this point to restore any measure of stability again.
We're limping along now only because the president is convienently hiding out overseas for the time being. But people on both sides are getting antsy for some answers and changes.
As I understand it, Holder has already been given a letter by a group of bipartsan congressmen to resign.
It will....

... in 2017

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928925 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine two attractive women fighting over that jack-o-lantern? Do you honestly think he was that great in bed? LOL
Rightwingers are so stupid.
Just another reason politicians love power.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#928926 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
So, you disagree with Jeb then? He worries that there will not be enough people to take care of the elderly white folk!
Who will clean the asses of the old white folks? The white kids?
Bah, you cannot get a white kid to do anything for less than 35K a year.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928927 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So that makes everything obama does ok? You know we live in the here and now, right?
It sure was ok under bushie boy.

Why the change of heart all of a sudden?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#928928 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't know what to do other than push his domestic agenda of big government. Never has.
No one takes him seriously on the world stage. The majority of us don't either.
Why would it take the President of the United States nine days to respond to Iranian students protesting their Iranian oppressive regime and begging the outside world for support - even if just a statement of support?
No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're weak.
It's just too mindboggling how detached this man is as a leader.
obama is not a leader, he is an inexperienced, empty suit who was elected twice because he is culturally popular.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928929 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Because they are old and everyone realizes that there was no mal intent.
Well, then, that makes you a hypocrite of the highest order.

You give two old white guys in your party - the leaders of your party, no less - who clearly made subtle but awkward racist statements a pass but paint everyone in the conservative movement a racist because they just want smaller government?

I'm actually embarrassed for you. Didn't think that was possible.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928930 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Even democratic strategists are saying once you lose the people's trust, it's virtually impossible to get it back.
This administration has to go. It's the only possible solution at this point to restore any measure of stability again.
We're limping along now only because the president is convienently hiding out overseas for the time being. But people on both sides are getting antsy for some answers and changes.
As I understand it, Holder has already been given a letter by a group of bipartsan congressmen to resign.
I've said it before, if Obama is ever "removed" by any means, this nation will burn. Rodney Kings riots will look like a block party compared.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928931 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. I have nothing to hide. Get a cell phone scrambler and disconnect your landline and voila, no more worries.
There's also a few apps that can be purchased. You can buy the throwaway phones and pay cash for minutes. The criminals already know how to do that. The smartphones with gps devices are the way to be tracked. Anyone who is up to anything no good would never use such a phone. Or a computer. Like you said; stay off the grid.
The Senate may vote to prohibit these apps.
The police already track people and record their phones and text messages to entrap people in sting operations; how do you feel abou that? Shouldn't the police just do their jobs rather than create a crime and then arrest people? This entrapment is ridiculous.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#928932 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, stupid Jane wants the USA to be the babysitter of the world and longs for more military involvement in every corner of this world. BTW, our ally, Saudi Arabia is backing the rebels, along with the other moderate Arab nations. The Russians, Iran and China backing the regime. And you, dummy, think we should get involved? How?
when in history has appeasement worked?

Obammy is a cross between Carter and Chamberlain.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928933 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So Nascar has always had so many obvious cases of drivers gaining the lead by pushing the cart ahead into the wall.
Are you saying it s perfectly legal to purposefully wreck another car?
The NBA has changes rules throughout the years. Russell brought about the goaltending rule, the shot clock, the definition of traveling, the rules involving blocking close to the rim.
Golf changes its rules as does football & baseball.
Maybe you need to get with the program - ithe rules are not the same as Jerry West's days at WVU.
Rubbin' is racin'. Always has been. Don't like it. Don't watch it. Walking is a violation. Double dribble is a violation. Touching an opponent is a violation. Enforce the rules or change them. Until then the NBA will be a joke sport.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928934 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This administration is in for a rude awakening when the hens come home to roost. Holder and perhaps even Obama will not get away with breaking the law and trashing the Constitution.
Obamacare hasn't even sunk in yet. A new poll done recently said 4 out of 10 Americans think Obamacare has already been repealed. Boy, talk about a rude awakening in 2014 when they get a letter from the IRS!
Hillary will be lucky if she lasts to the last debate in 2016. The baggage of Benghazi and Obamacare cannot keep her afloat.
No one likes to be lied to. Not even liberals. You're just in the minority of the minority.
And yet, cons have no one in the wings.

They all have some baggage but more telling, even less support.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928935 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
To prove my point, I would like every liberal on here to respond:
A conservative saying Obama is "light-skinned enough and doesn't talk in a negro dialect if he doesn't want to" and that "he's the first mainstream African-American who is articulate, bright and 'clean'" as Reid and Biden so awkwardly put it.
Truly. Imagine any conservative saying that.
I'd have no choice but to agree with liberals that some conservatives are racists if any conservative made those comments.
So why did Biden and Reid get a pass?
Any liberal's response would be appreciated.
What about these two putzs?: Bill Clinton told Ted Kennedy that Obama 'would be getting us coffee' a few years ago.

Bill Clinton helped sink his wife's chances for an endorsement from Ted Kennedy by belittling Barack Obama as nothing but a race-based candidate. And yet Bill Clinton was the first black president. LOL.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928936 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This administration is in for a rude awakening when the hens come home to roost. Holder and perhaps even Obama will not get away with breaking the law and trashing the Constitution.
Obamacare hasn't even sunk in yet. A new poll done recently said 4 out of 10 Americans think Obamacare has already been repealed. Boy, talk about a rude awakening in 2014 when they get a letter from the IRS!
Hillary will be lucky if she lasts to the last debate in 2016. The baggage of Benghazi and Obamacare cannot keep her afloat.
No one likes to be lied to. Not even liberals. You're just in the minority of the minority.
Clearly, you have no one better...

.... so your only option is to attack the opponent.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928938 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know?
O'Reilly alone was audited 3 times under the Clinton administration.

Everyone knows the extent of the IRS auditing under Clinton. Except you and Lily.

Did you even try and look it up to confirm it? You have to force yourself not to go to moveon.org or the dailybeast.com first.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#928939 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> We've literally been importing poverty. It needs to stop.
Hey Fetch! Is that picture of Obama one from his class reunion or was it a family reunion?

LOL!!!!
LNC Llin

United States

#928940 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought Romney would win?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928941 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Lily screaming "what a dummy"
Good for you. But I hate to burst your bubble; you can scream anything you'd like. It ain't gonna change my opinion of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min ritedownthemiddle 54,010
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min PEllen 99,936
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dr Guru 192,553
9 dead 53 injured 1 hr Right Wing 10
abby7-7-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr White_Lightning 6,156
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr White_Lightning 5,332
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages