Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928641 Jun 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Because foreign institutions aren't required to report.
You should know this Galt.
Foreign institutions are required to report in accordance with the Foreign Tax Compliance Act.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928642 Jun 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But much of the rest of the world is. It just seems there's something more the world community and the UN can do. I'm not smart enough to know what that is. But you'd think somebody was.
Anyway, night Galt.
The United Nations is a joke and the US should never commit forces under UN command.

Let the Syrians solve their own problems in the way that Muslims always have, by slaughtering each other.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#928643 Jun 20, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>but but if mom is putting aspartame in her coffee why would she care if it is in her kids' vitamins. People don't have a clue. The FDA approved aspartame and it's Bayer.
Adults can be unaffected by certain ingredients while children CAN be affected because they are in a growth pattern.

IOWs, a grown kidney may be unaffected by aspartame while a growing one will be.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#928644 Jun 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton has been cited for creating the bad loan environment - out of good intentions no doubt - but the crisis originated then.
You should feel sorry for the kids and teachers trapped in progressive liberal schools. Student/teacher violence is becoming an epidemic.
You would have learned something in my class.
Night.
That's your claim son. As I said, the problems began with the elimination of Glass-Steagal so banks could start working on other financial instruments they weren't allowed to.

You making your personal claims doesn't change anything. There was no requirement to change loan regs. That's something cons made up.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#928645 Jun 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the US tax system encourages taxpayers to park their assets in foreign accounts, perhaps something is wrong with the US tax system.
The election system in the US now allows corporations and foreign governments to make donations, or to support candidate anonymously.

Conservatives cheered this as a benefit for Americans.

Somehow, I don't see it. In fact, it's more like selling the farm.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928646 Jun 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Adults can be unaffected by certain ingredients while children CAN be affected because they are in a growth pattern.
IOWs, a grown kidney may be unaffected by aspartame while a growing one will be.
Just use sugar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928647 Jun 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The election system in the US now allows corporations and foreign governments to make donations, or to support candidate anonymously.
Conservatives cheered this as a benefit for Americans.
Somehow, I don't see it. In fact, it's more like selling the farm.
Kind of like allowing government employee unions to finance the campaigns of the officials who then negotiate contracts with them?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928648 Jun 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's your claim son. As I said, the problems began with the elimination of Glass-Steagal so banks could start working on other financial instruments they weren't allowed to.
You making your personal claims doesn't change anything. There was no requirement to change loan regs. That's something cons made up.
So, you're OK with it if stricter loan standards result in minorities being denied financing in disproportionate numbers?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#928650 Jun 21, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Tommy Thompson needs to choke on his own tongue and die.
This forum is rife with leftwinger threats of violence, beatings, chained confinement, starvation and death threats...

You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones. One will never disarm a deranged liberal.

It's the culture...
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#928651 Jun 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory Explains Why He Became a Republican
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
I didnít want you to miss this.
Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory (R-Opelousas) explains why he recently switched from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party. He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854. Guillory talks about how the welfare state is only a mechanism for politicians to control the black community.
Video here. Transcript below. Perfect.
http://blog.chron.com/texassparkle/2013/06/lo...
MAKE IT VIRAL: Black Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory explains why he became a Republican
This has to be one of the most powerful Ďadsí Iíve ever seen on what it means to be a Republican. But even more than that, Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory explains why, as a black man, leaving the Democratic Party and becoming a Republican was absolutely the right choice and not nearly as tough as some have suggested.
I am deeming this a MUST WATCH because itís fantastic:
http://therightscoop.com/make-it-viral-black-...
HEY STUPID! Elbert Guillory was originally a Republican who turned Democrat to gain a political advantage in his district. He's always held these so called "conservative" views. There was no great epiphany on his part.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#928652 Jun 21, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Elbert Guillory was originally a Republican who turned Democrat to gain a political advantage in his district. He's always held these so called "conservative" views. There was no great epiphany on his part.
Morning RealDave...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928653 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>That's right I said who else was tapped--certainly not some lowly black guy was the only one. And really if you look at O'bama now-he definitely was/is a threat to national security. So who else? O'bama/Moslem after 9/11 I can understand why the country should have looked at him. He was tied to every moslem extremist in Chicago.
tied to? by whom? not that it matters. not enough 'whom' that it matters.

it's still funny, even after 5 years, to watch a group of grown people act like everyone is paying attention to what they're saying.
proud2bwhite

Dublin, OH

#928654 Jun 21, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow another uneducated lemming that has been duped by the FOX propaganda machine. How do these morons cross the street without someone leading them?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/world/meast/syr...
Does cnn. Work beter for you? Dumbass.
Sorry I forgot that libs need to get their info from a leftist hack or you're programing won't allow you to process it.
proud2bwhite

Dublin, OH

#928655 Jun 21, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/world/meast/syr...
Does cnn. Work beter for you? Dumbass.
Sorry I forgot that libs need to get their info from a leftist hack or you're programing won't allow you to process it.
your*

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#928656 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the US tax system encourages taxpayers to park their assets in foreign accounts, perhaps something is wrong with the US tax system.
Yes, Republicans keep passing laws that give therm a tax advantage for doing so.

Corporations currently are not taxed on foreign made profits until they bring those profits back.

Thanks to your Republicans, Galt.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#928657 Jun 21, 2013
Obama Set to Kill U.S. Jobs Market with 30 Million Illegals

http://intellihub.com/2013/06/19/obama-set-to...

Newville, PA

#928658 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Signing the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, President Clinton put the Community Reinvestment Act on steroids.
Did you even try to confirm it?
Liar.

All the Gramm-Leach-Blily Act did was extend the CRA to the newer mortgage institution that the bill created when it tore down the wall between banks & investment houses.

That tearing down was a major factor in the near financial meltdown, not the expansion of the CRA to these newer mortgage institutions.

Newville, PA

#928659 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring...just stop spending more than income...problem solved.

After decades of running up the debt under Presidents like Reagan, we finally had a balanced budget at the end of the Clinton administration. Galt should have been happy.

This is what each & every one of you right whiners claim to want.

Then came Bush. You f*cking idiots voted for him....twice. You still support the Republican Party that enabled Bush to nearly kill this country creating the worst recession on 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial; meltdown & two quagmire wars.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#928660 Jun 21, 2013
Republicans abandon farmers rather than help feed poor children!
Farm bill goes down because Boener can't deliver a whopping 25% of House Republicans. Fanatics on the right are bringing down the GOP!

Newville, PA

#928661 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, boy, the banks intentionally created bad loans so that they could buy them up, become insolvent, and need a government bailout.
Makes lots of sense, to idiots like you, boy.
Galt too uninformed top know that those that wrote those bad loans sold them so why did thy care?

Those that bought them wrapped them in mortgage based securities where there was a demand. So why should they care if they were bad?

Many of the "bad" loans weren't bad until housing prices started to decline in mid 2006.

Galt is an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,680
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 19 min Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min kal 49,174
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr Sublime1 44
best joke (Oct '09) 1 hr Always Smile 526
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 2 hr Go Blue Forever 18
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,912
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:21 am PST

NBC Sports11:21AM
Who's in worse shape, Redskins or Bears?
Bleacher Report11:25 AM
If Bears Fire Marc Trestman, What Should They Look For in a Replacement Coach?
NBC Sports11:31 AM
Chris Conte: NFL career worth shortened life
NFL11:41 AM
Trestman: There's accountability in Bears' building
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Bears' Trestman aware of speculation about future - NBC Sports