Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406406 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928942 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
This administration is in for a rude awakening when the hens come home to roost. Holder and perhaps even Obama will not get away with breaking the law and trashing the Constitution.
Obamacare hasn't even sunk in yet. A new poll done recently said 4 out of 10 Americans think Obamacare has already been repealed. Boy, talk about a rude awakening in 2014 when they get a letter from the IRS!
Hillary will be lucky if she lasts to the last debate in 2016. The baggage of Benghazi and Obamacare cannot keep her afloat.
No one likes to be lied to. Not even liberals. You're just in the minority of the minority.
If Eric Holder decides to resign, that's his decision. The President will not ask him to. Those 4 out of 10 Americans represent the dummies who probably listen to Fox all day and marched with signs that read Don't Take Away my Medicare. There are alot of dummies in this country; just look at this small representation on here that is totally clueless.
I think Hillary will run, and win. Who will you run?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#928943 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So Nascar has always had so many obvious cases of drivers gaining the lead by pushing the cart ahead into the wall.
Are you saying it s perfectly legal to purposefully wreck another car?
The NBA has changes rules throughout the years. Russell brought about the goaltending rule, the shot clock, the definition of traveling, the rules involving blocking close to the rim.
Golf changes its rules as does football & baseball.
Maybe you need to get with the program - ithe rules are not the same as Jerry West's days at WVU.
Hey Dumb Dave. Run that by us again? How did Bush "abandon" Afghanistan?

Baawwaaahhh!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928944 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, you cannot get a white kid to do anything for less than 35K a year.
Exactly; especially in towns like mine. These kids don't want to work, they're driving brand new BMWs at 16 and surfing in Costa Rica.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#928945 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Party is so far to the right Jeb seems liberal.
LOL
George Bush, as President, was moderate on immigration issue!
Shrub had an outline for immigration reform that would actually work, he was sidetracked by unnecessary wars and shouted down by his own party members and the likes of Lou Dobbs and Rush limpdik.

Hah, the guy could have had that single success in eight years but let it slide.

Florida Senator Mel Martinez was less than pleased with Shrubs leadership and resigned his US Senate seat.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928946 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
Here you go rightwingers -
The Cellphone Scrambler is designed to help prevent wiretapping. This latest addition to our products is just the thing needed in a world where technology can easily strip away privacy. The signals that come from your cellphone are not too different than a radio's. Just like radio, its signals can be tapped into, jammed, or manipulated.
When Cell Scrambler is used on both cell phones in a conversation, it will scramble the conversation for any third party listeners. Protect your privacy and keep your private conversations private!
http://www.spysite.com/Cellphone-Scrambler-Wi...
Homer just trying to be helpful. Now the gov't won't be able to find out that secret recipe for your chicken wings.
Nope, they'll just see this as a "pattern" that warrants further investigation.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928947 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> We've literally been importing poverty. It needs to stop.
Now they want to add a free pass to all those applying from countries that are suffering from "global warming."

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928948 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you disagree with Jeb then? He worries that there will not be enough people to take care of the elderly white folk!
Who will clean the asses of the old white folks? The white kids?
I disagree with all immigration at this point with the way the O'bama economy is, and including Jeb Bush. Part of his family is hispanic, I think he holds a personal view because they came here legally and they are fine up-standing people. You can't govern from a personal ideology --this is evidenced by Barack Hussein O'bama.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928949 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think 9/11 was Not George Bush fault, in retrospect signs were there but mistakes were made.
Bush was no a racist and did get prescription drug for Medicare.
I am not against all republican all the time.
It would seems that you find nothing positive about President Obama and Democrats.
I am one of most conservatives who have criticized Bush for certain things. Certainly not 9/11.

And, yes, I find nothing redeeming about a president who believes half of the country are his enemies, who was mentored in Marxism, who has tried to pit us Americans against each other for personal and political gain, and who thinks he should get his way without having any experience in leadership or how governing works.

You're the one who seems to be lacking in the criticism department.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928950 Jun 21, 2013
"The Administration has long called for legislation to create a stronger, more effective regulatory regime to improve oversight of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banks ("housing government-sponsored enterprises" or "housing GSEs") and appreciates the considerable efforts of Chairman Oxley and Chairman Baker in crafting H.R. 1461. However,

H.R. 1461 fails to include key elements that are essential to protect the safety and soundness of the housing finance system and the broader financial system at large. As a result, the Administration opposes the bill.

The regulatory regime envisioned by H.R. 1461 is considerably weaker than that which governs other large, complex financial institutions. This regime is of particular concern given that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac currently hold only about half of the capital of comparable financial institutions. In order for a financial regulator to be respected and credible, it must have the authority and ability to adjust capital requirements of the institutions it oversees as circumstances dictate to ensure prudential operations. An effective oversight regime must also provide for clear review of business activities to ensure the integrity of the housing finance system and consistency with the GSEs' housing mission. The Administration does not believe that the housing GSEs should be exempt from these important standards of world-class regulation. "

The bill gave the regulators little power to make adjustments or regulate Freddie and Fannie

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#928951 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
There's also a few apps that can be purchased. You can buy the throwaway phones and pay cash for minutes. The criminals already know how to do that. The smartphones with gps devices are the way to be tracked. Anyone who is up to anything no good would never use such a phone. Or a computer. Like you said; stay off the grid.
The Senate may vote to prohibit these apps.
The police already track people and record their phones and text messages to entrap people in sting operations; how do you feel abou that? Shouldn't the police just do their jobs rather than create a crime and then arrest people? This entrapment is ridiculous.
You can get an O'bama phone, they said they cannot be tracked either. Many have been found at crime scenes as throw downs.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928952 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They have a file on everyone. I didn't fart in a crowded elevator once after an all-nighter of beer and bratwurst.
They've expanded the information they put in that file. Why are you leaving out the chili beans you had with the bratwurst?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928953 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I don't understand why none of these loony left wingers take offense to the "servant" phrase Clinton said.
Because when you have no standards and power is the only motivation driving you, it's easy to constantly find yourself between a rock and a hard place.

It's where most liberals live.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928954 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> We've literally been importing poverty. It needs to stop.
Here's the problem, we are not importing poverty. It's not something we are choosing to do. We chose not to stop poverty from coming.
LNC Llin

United States

#928955 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am one of most conservatives who have criticized Bush for certain things. Certainly not 9/11.
And, yes, I find nothing redeeming about a president who believes half of the country are his enemies, who was mentored in Marxism, who has tried to pit us Americans against each other for personal and political gain, and who thinks he should get his way without having any experience in leadership or how governing works.
You're the one who seems to be lacking in the criticism department.
The Republican Party in Orlando would most likely not welcome you.

-
Tea Party is good for the Democrats

U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who won Missouri's GOP Senate primary earlier this month and will face incumbent Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November's general election, said Sunday that he misspoke when he claimed "legitimate rape" rarely resulted in pregnancy.&#8232;

Answering a question about whether or not he thought abortion should be legal in the case of rape, Akin explained his opposition by citing unnamed bodily responses he said prevented pregnancy.&#8232;
"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.&#8232;

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."
He added: "But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."&#8232;
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928956 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Eman saying that black people are so much lazier or somehow lesser than white people.
Both blacks & whites have the same Welfare rules, right.
But according to Eman, welfare only made Blacks depended on government.
Funny how Eman & his ilk think. Well,Eman, I guess you think Whites weren't affected because.........
(This is where Eman will try to weasel out of his racist comment and claim he never said any of that stuff & was just referencing a website as if it didn't represent his views)
Nope.

The Dems have focused most of their resources on recruiting minority groups into the welfare state.

The nanny state has been particularly destructive to the black community.

Once again a clueless and off topic response.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928958 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
If Eric Holder decides to resign, that's his decision. The President will not ask him to. Those 4 out of 10 Americans represent the dummies who probably listen to Fox all day and marched with signs that read Don't Take Away my Medicare. There are alot of dummies in this country; just look at this small representation on here that is totally clueless.
It's my bet - and I'd bet the farm - that at least 3 out of those 4 in 10 Americans who believe Obamacare has already been repealed live in the most liberal states and voted for Obama.

Liberals in the most liberal parts of the country aren't paying attention because they believe they voted for the right person - so what could go wrong?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928959 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You are hopelessly clueless.

I swear reading your posts is not much different than reading frontporch's.

Tell us, does the market sell off on good news.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928960 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack yearns for the days of the two handed set shot.
Just playing by current rules would be sufficient.

Can Dave tell us when palming the ball was legalized?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928961 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican Party in Orlando would most likely not welcome you.
-
Tea Party is good for the Democrats
U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who won Missouri's GOP Senate primary earlier this month and will face incumbent Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November's general election, said Sunday that he misspoke when he claimed "legitimate rape" rarely resulted in pregnancy.&#8232;
Answering a question about whether or not he thought abortion should be legal in the case of rape, Akin explained his opposition by citing unnamed bodily responses he said prevented pregnancy.&#8232;
"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.&#8232;
"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."
He added: "But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."&#8232;
It's probably best not to dig up skeletons. They're already dead.

Time to look ahead and pay attention to the present chaos which is alive and well.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928962 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. I have nothing to hide. Get a cell phone scrambler and disconnect your landline and voila, no more worries.
When I was in college, I always had a hard time chasing checks because someone that had a bad financial history had almost the exact same drivers license number as me (the only difference was mine started with C, her's started with A; everything else was identical). I feel bad for you when you can't fly to Greece because someone with almost an identical phone number as you ordered 5000 rounds of ammunition every month for the last year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min JRB 219,829
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Ize Found 70,849
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Sublime1 103,173
ex chicago police woman 1 hr Chicago girl 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 60,674
News 1 shot by police in South Shore 4 hr bozo 1
Al Sharpton 6 hr ky man 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages