Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928368 Jun 20, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans protect 7th vacation home for the rich over medical care for poor children.
That's a ridiculous statement. There are more Democrats on Capital Hill among the top ten wealthiest than Republicans.

Wonder who among those wealthiest donated more of their own money to charity.
proud2bwhite

Columbus, OH

#928369 Jun 20, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans protect 7th vacation home for the rich over medical care for poor children.
we wouldn't have poor children if iresponsible people who can't aford to care for children would stop reproducing.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928370 Jun 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What are they ripping Obama for?
Don't they like the image of a weak America?
I'm not sure. I believe it is an assortment of things.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928371 Jun 20, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just throw a slogan out there no matter how dumb it is and pretend it is a lifeline for your idiocy.
LNC Llin

United States

#928372 Jun 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all Greek to me...ironically.
However, were not Obama an anti-capitalist, we might not be where we are.
Capitalist
LNC Llin

United States

#928373 Jun 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a ridiculous statement. There are more Democrats on Capital Hill among the top ten wealthiest than Republicans.
Wonder who among those wealthiest donated more of their own money to charity.
Non sequitur

Republicans opposed Social Security 1935
Republicans opposed Medicare 1965
We are still in the Republican depression of Oct 2008.
Republicans fear immigration reform :-)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#928374 Jun 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Americans initially supported the Vietnam War, but later turned against it when it became apparent that LBJ was playing politics with US soldiers' lives and had no desire for victory.
Others, like Ayers, were Communist supporters of Ho Chi Minh.
John, I agree.
Nobody, well, no sane person, favors war. LBJ was playing politics, but trying to save his own ass in the Democratic Party. I think he was the last "replacement" after the communists in the Democratic Party got hammered with the Alger Hiss conviction. I think it took them 20 years to recover and regain control of the Democratic Party, which brings us to 1968. Johnson backed out because he was told to do so. They weren't going to win militarily, and in 1968 they just had two Tet offensives in a row hammered to hell with no gains, so they had to have a Republican president to blame the war on, and sabotage it from Congress.

If you look at the events in the world at the time, from the start of the Cold War to the end the US had to constantly make a decision whether it would maintain the strategy of containment, or change the strategy to something like run away every time the communists appeared in any country. When the communist appeared, their intent was to take over that country. If we chose to run away everywhere, we would have never survived the Cold War.

If that proxy war had not happened in Vietnam, there would just be some other place where it was going to happen. The proxy war was the strategy the Soviet Union settled on to fight the Cold War. The only way to avoid these proxy wars was to run away from everywhere the communists appeared. You can't negotiate with communists. It's all or nothing to them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#928375 Jun 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> If you didn't want an honest answer, you shouldn't have asked.
You haven't given an honest answer yet to anything on Topix.

I wouldn't expect you to start now.

Consistency is your passion :]
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928376 Jun 20, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is more apt to turn health care into a third world system rather than help the poor.

Republicans tried to lower the costs of health care. The pink elephant everyone's ignoring.

Lapeer, MI

#928377 Jun 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Bullsh*t at all.
You are just a GD idiot.
Feel feel to prove that Ayers & Obama met prior to 1995.
Feel free to prove Ayers tries to kill people with his explosive devises. Were they timed to go off in busy times at those locations? Come on. Certainly you have something to back up your claims - not even one of those e-mails?
"Feel feel(sic) to prove that Ayers & Obama met prior to 1995."

Ayers contacted an STD back in 1990.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#928378 Jun 20, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
William Ayers.
The Muslim Brotherhood.
Saudi Wahhabists.
Al Qaeda in Syria.
Al Qaeda in Libya.
The Taliban.
... should I go on?
Correcting your lies is not being supportive of these groups.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928379 Jun 20, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Non sequitur
Republicans opposed Social Security 1935
Republicans opposed Medicare 1965
We are still in the Republican depression of Oct 2008.
Republicans fear immigration reform :-)
Look where the Democrats' "good idea" has gotten us.

The recession was created by Ddemocrats who liked the bad loans leading to the housing market collapse.

Obama wanted big government and Obamacare rather than the road to recovery.

Take your medicine and swallow it without complaining.

Lapeer, MI

#928380 Jun 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the little world of hardcore conservatives do people buy into the asinine scandals perpetrated by sensationalized media and talking heads like Glenn Beck.
You had better wake up and look at the whole picture. Americans are sick and tired of the Republican witch hunts and the Republican party will not survive if you continue down this path.
Our country will not survive if you continue down this path.

Lapeer, MI

#928381 Jun 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody; more homoerotic fantasy from the forum closet queen.
Quel surpris!
Got yer finger stuck in the bottle this time, eh?

Go to ER.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928382 Jun 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I heard it on the radio while taking the girls to the mall.
It's not a big surprise. I'd just be interested to know what they're saying over there.

Lapeer, MI

#928383 Jun 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you think your morals have never been better son.
It's the same thing radical muslims believe too!
Your Morals haven't seen the light of day in so long that they've turned into Morels.

Lapeer, MI

#928384 Jun 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You really are experienced at many things aren't you son?
wow.
Yes. My experience with Liberal trash is extensive.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#928385 Jun 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I heard it on the radio while taking the girls to the mall.
Here are a few:

Barack Obama bombs in Berlin: a weak, underwhelming address from a floundering president
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardine...

US President undermines Catholic schools after Vatican Prefect praised them

"President Barack Obama (above), repeated the oft disproved claim that Catholic education increases division in front of an audience of 2000 young people, including many Catholics, at Belfast’s Waterfront hall when he arrived in the country this morning."
http://www.sconews.co.uk/news/29253/us-presid...

Then there is this little gem

MUSIC fan Barack Obama kept getting George Osborne’s name wrong after mixing him up with one of his favourite soul stars — Jeffrey Osborne.

"The President explained his confusion to the Chancellor as he apologised for calling him “Jeffrey” three times at the G8 summit of the world’s wealthiest nations."

“The first time Obama did it was bad enough, but then he kept on repeating the error throughout the presentation. It got really cringe-worthy by the end.”

n a second diplomatic gaffe on the same day, Mr Obama said Nick Clegg was more attractive than David Cameron. He told the Deputy PM:“It’s good to see the better looking half of the Coalition.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/pol...

Lapeer, MI

#928386 Jun 20, 2013
Emaen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you realized that I was playing with DBWriter's paranoia? I'll bet he's looking under his bed for bugs right now. Turns out your dumb ass bit too. This is too easy.
Look in your pants for bugs.

Especially in the dark hole.

Lapeer, MI

#928387 Jun 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you beat him hands down son.
You beat a lot of guys hands down, hands up...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 3 min Foster 20
Rattlesnake Logic 12 min little boy blue 20
Amy 10-24 29 min edogxxx 2
Abby 10-24 34 min edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min JOEL 70,100
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min wojar 179,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 48 min KiMare 50,624
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]