Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459060 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#928982 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubio's Presidential hopes are hanging by a thread.
Ted Cruz is the real winner.
I like Cruz. Hope he keeps his nose clean. But 6 months is, well, 6 months.

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#928983 Jun 21, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
Taking OBAMACARE of Business
The supposed rationale for Obamacare was that Americans pay more for health care than any other country, and yet too many of its citizens get none at all.
On the eve of implementation, two things can now be said for certain: Health care will be more expensive than ever, and worse than ever.
This will be a disaster beyond the wildest dreams of the British NHS or any other socialized system.
The Affordable Care Act was always exclusively about destroying the private insurance risk pools making premiums prohibitively expensive while accelerating the mandate-driven fascism of the US health care system with the goal of making single-payer federal leviathan health care the only functional game in town.
With this administration, political racketeering has become the modus operandi of the entire institutional left. Obama doesn't have much of a public CV but when it comes to organizing rent seekers, looters, and thugs, he's the One!
The immigration bill is full of this same thing -- diversion of funds and responsibilities to "community organizers," labor unions, and other Democratic party interest groups.
The way the bill is written now, those private Democratic party interest groups will get to re-write the material on American government that new citizens are supposed to learn and know.
This is on top of giving the Democrats 40 million new voters over the next couple of decades.
The Affordable Care Act was never affordable nor is it about care. It is a liberal boondoggle to cement their hold on the low information voter.
Yep, handing provate insurers 30 million new clients is going to kill them.

Handing Hospitals & Doctors 30 million PAYING customers is a disaster.

Jane is dumber than the idiot who wrote the copy she stole.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928984 Jun 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloomberg for President!
Actually he would be the perfect candidate for Progressives to endorse.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928985 Jun 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It sure was ok under bushie boy.
Why the change of heart all of a sudden?
Actually, for me, it was still okay a couple of weeks ago, until I started really thinking about it. How many times has information gathered to protect the citizens been used to silence, say a whistle blower?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#928986 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in college, I always had a hard time chasing checks because someone that had a bad financial history had almost the exact same drivers license number as me (the only difference was mine started with C, her's started with A; everything else was identical). I feel bad for you when you can't fly to Greece because someone with almost an identical phone number as you ordered 5000 rounds of ammunition every month for the last year.
This is rich!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928987 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with all immigration too. deport all those here illegally & their offspring.
Lets make it retroactive.
Good Bye Fetch.
That was dumb even for you Dave.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#928988 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in college, I always had a hard time chasing checks because someone that had a bad financial history had almost the exact same drivers license number as me (the only difference was mine started with C, her's started with A; everything else was identical). I feel bad for you when you can't fly to Greece because someone with almost an identical phone number as you ordered 5000 rounds of ammunition every month for the last year.
Where were you trying to cash the checks?

Your post is bullsht__what else is new?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928989 Jun 21, 2013
My question is where the heck did this bull come from?

http://video.us.msn.com/videos/watch/video/ma...

But it's symbolic. Think of the bull as Obamacare.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928990 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they'll just see this as a "pattern" that warrants further investigation.
They use investigation as a synonym for evolving. We will get back to you later on this topic unless we are lucky and you have forgotten about it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928991 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Where they gonna go? France?
Lower corporate tax rate than the US

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#928992 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is just crossing their fingers. That's all they can do.
Guess it's better to remain optimistic.
Whether it turns out to be a good thing in the long run or the Feds just delayed the inevitable has yet to be seen.
'has yet to be seen'?!? LOL There has been six years now ,under Obama, of a strong Wall Street comeback and a resurgent U S economy(we're doing better in our recovery than the Europeans because Obama resisted adopting the Euros recovery-killing austerity measures.)Bettie Lou really needs to get out more from her cave.:-D

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928993 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Eman saying that black people are so much lazier or somehow lesser than white people.
Both blacks & whites have the same Welfare rules, right.
But according to Eman, welfare only made Blacks depended on government.
Funny how Eman & his ilk think. Well,Eman, I guess you think Whites weren't affected because.........
(This is where Eman will try to weasel out of his racist comment and claim he never said any of that stuff & was just referencing a website as if it didn't represent his views)
See what I mean homer? This can can't comprehend sht. The same guy that think minorities are too stupid or lazy to get a free voter id, is accusing me of saying "black people are so much lazier or somehow lesser than white people" for posting a link to a democrat flyer. Amazing.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928994 Jun 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the Progressive sites who have attacked how many possible Rep candidates? 10 to 20 of them?
What's the matter son? You want a free pass?

Last I checked cons don't give any of those unless there's an (R) next to the name.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928995 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, handing provate insurers 30 million new clients is going to kill them.
Handing Hospitals & Doctors 30 million PAYING customers is a disaster.
Jane is dumber than the idiot who wrote the copy she stole.
Keep on ignoring the stats so you can keep up your armchair platitudes.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#928996 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Eman saying that black people are so much lazier or somehow lesser than white people.
Both blacks & whites have the same Welfare rules, right.
But according to Eman, welfare only made Blacks depended on government.
Funny how Eman & his ilk think. Well,Eman, I guess you think Whites weren't affected because.........
(This is where Eman will try to weasel out of his racist comment and claim he never said any of that stuff & was just referencing a website as if it didn't represent his views)
You're a dumbass, dave. From the article

"Votes,,,,,it is all about the votes,,,,,See congressional democrats want as many people on welfare as possible. Because we all know everyone getting a government paycheck votes for democrats."

No comment on your parties campaign poster? Racist POS.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#928997 Jun 21, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get your Green Card yet?
ha-ha

Indians don't need green cards. as far as i'm concerned all you white folks need a green card.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928998 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't they become foreign corporations when their foreign profits were taxed in the year they were earned?
Why are they still here regardless. According to you, they would jump ship to save a few % in corporation taxes.
So why are they still here?
No need to leave to become a foreign corporation.

Many foreign corporations do a substantial portion of their business in the US, but pay US taxes only on that portion of their business.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928999 Jun 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where were you trying to cash the checks?
Your post is bullsht__what else is new?
You missed the whole point of the post.

Nap time for Realtime
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#929000 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Claims made that they knew O'bama was illegal and tied to Moslem extremists. And what other moslems were wire-tapped. Tell me Sonic.
i'm still waiting for you to tell me which judges, generals, and high ranking officials that Bush wiretapped were Muslims.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#929001 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily : abortion = good
Dave : Misinterprets 90% of what people post
Realtime : It's almost 10am, think I'll crack open a Coors light.
You go, girl!
Well even if any of this were true it's still better than you rightwingers:

Aholes 24/7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ex chicago police woman 57 min Jmb 9
Are democrats destroyed? 1 hr DEAD 4 30 Years 5
Standing Ovation at Carnegie Hall. 1 hr Kemo Sabbe 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 231,098
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Dudley 7,943
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Laughing Out Loud 104,527
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr Doug77 9,859

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages