Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,620)

Showing posts 852,381 - 852,400 of1,033,702
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Fox News’ Attempts To Tie IRS Controversies To Obama Demolished – By Bush’s IRS Commissioner

The O’Reilly Factor hosted former IRS Commissioner, Mark Everson Friday night (6/14/13) to discuss, as guest host Monica Crowley put it, what “could very well be the most dangerous scandal in U.S. history,” the questionable scrutiny by the IRS of Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt status. Unfortunately for Conspiracy Theory Crowley, Everson destroyed her partisan efforts to make the IRS problems all about President Obama. And there was no way Crowley could blame Everson’s views on “Democrat” partisanship because he was appointed by and served under George W. Bush.

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_attempts_to...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

A gallon-sized jar of whole pickles is something to behold. The jar is the size of a small aquarium. The fat green pickles, floating in swampy juice, look reptilian, their shapes exaggerated by the glass. It weighs 12 pounds, too big to carry with one hand. The gallon jar of pickles is a display of abundance and excess; it is entrancing, and also vaguely unsettling. This is the product that Wal-Mart fell in love with: Vlasic's gallon jar of pickles.

Wal-Mart priced it at $2.97--a year's supply of pickles for less than $3! "They were using it as a 'statement' item," says Pat Hunn, who calls himself the "mad scientist" of Vlasic's gallon jar. "Wal-Mart was putting it before consumers, saying, This represents what Wal-Mart's about. You can buy a stinkin' gallon of pickles for $2.97. And it's the nation's number-one brand."

Therein lies the basic conundrum of doing business with the world's largest retailer. By selling a gallon of kosher dills for less than most grocers sell a quart, Wal-Mart may have provided a ser-vice for its customers. But what did it do for Vlasic? The pickle maker had spent decades convincing customers that they should pay a premium for its brand. Now Wal-Mart was practically giving them away. And the fevered buying spree that resulted distorted every aspect of Vlasic's operations, from farm field to factory to financial statement.

Indeed, as Vlasic discovered, the real story of Wal-Mart, the story that never gets told, is the story of the pressure the biggest retailer relentlessly applies to its suppliers in the name of bringing us "every day low prices." It's the story of what that pressure does to the companies Wal-Mart does business with, to U.S. manufacturing, and to the economy as a whole. That story can be found floating in a gallon jar of pickles at Wal-Mart.

http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you...

I wonder how many gallons Flack has at his house?

I'm begging you all please stop shopping at Wal-Mart and slowly killing the U.S.A.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
We poured some of that thar "majeekal holy liquid" and burned the crooked on the hook noses of.
Next, we might have ta borree sum of they torches, to poke 'em right back with.
Step out of the meth lab, grab a few gulps of fresh air, and try and post again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind are a gift to the Democratic party. Calling Republican moderates RINOs and spouting fanatic psychobabble will drive rational thinking people into the arms of the Democratic party. Spout on crazy person!
RINOs are Democrats.
Boehner caves on all issues in January.
The "Gang of Eight" RINOs... enough said.
McCain meets with Al Qaeda after they massacred an entire Christian village.
NDAA eliminating the Posse Comitatus law.
Cowering to Democrats over gun running to Mexican drug cartels.
White House obviously lying after Benghazi.
Spying on the general American population.
Helping Janet Napolitano build a military machine in preparation for a war against the American people.
... and on, and on, and on....

RINOs are Democrats, dufus. They should just go ahead and join that party.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/repu...
conservatives!
another headline is that democrat-heavy-counties-eat-up -most-dna-testing-for-paternit y-checking-growth.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/who_your_d...

JUNIOIR DUDLEY, 33

When Junior Dudley met his 29-year-old now-ex, the two shared two things in common.

“We both wanted a pet monkey,” he said.“And we were both looking for love.”

They found the latter, having five kids together — or so Dudley thought.

“She cheated on me,” said Dudley, an avid vintage-toy collector who starts a job with the Parks Department tomorrow.“She wanted a guy who was more street — she was intrigued by that a lot.”

He endured her indiscretions for at least two years, he said — with other Casanovas including his own brother.

“Some people say that [one of my kids] looks like my brother,” he said.

After splitting up in 2012, Dudley has been wracked by doubt, scrutinizing his kids’ features, studying every story or excuse he says his ex concocted.

“I need to know, was she that bad of a person?”

REVEALED: He’s the daddy — of all five!“Yes! So all five are mine? That’s a blessing,” said Dudley, who pumped his fist each time a name came back positive.“I didn’t have a father figure when I was growing up. It would have hurt me, but I still would have been their father.”

repeat after me:
"it's the culture."
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

ANTHONY COOPER, 56

It took a tragedy for Anthony Cooper to learn he might be the sire of his eighth child.

Cooper, a grandpa who lives outside Atlanta, was at a party in 2010 when he heard that a one-time flame, Bonita Moss, had disappeared near her home on Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn in 2006.

He had known Moss since she was 18, and the two had a long connection, staying in touch for years. During that time, Moss had a baby girl, Ciara.“She never said it was my daughter,” he said.“I don’t even think she knew that was a possibility.”

That’s because Moss— whose seven biological kids are with three other women — was messing around with another guy at the time Ciara was conceived, said Cooper.

But he still kept an ember on the fire for Moss, who remains missing but would now be 52.

With kin in Coney Island, Cooper, a music producer by trade, began to travel back and forth to see if he could help find Moss.“I still have that love for her,” he said.

The silver lining was that he met and grew close to Ciara (above with Cooper), 25 — in whom he noticed striking similarities to his own features, particularly his nose and cheekbones.

“I can’t see me in her baby pictures, but I see it now,” he said.

REVEALED: He’s not the daddy.“She calls me dad and her daughters call me granddaddy — that’s not going to change,” said Cooper, who said he’d seek to adopt Ciara if she’s game.

She is.“Test results don’t change anything,” she said.

repeat after me:
"it's the culture."

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
But, the most significant factor was programming the voting machines to steal votes.
It was child's play to find the locations where the Demcorats were so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the locations where the Democrats weren't that stupid and programmed the machines to steal one in three of one in four votes.
Obama is in the White House still because we no longer are a democracy.
You don't make any logical sense because it doesn't hold up to the facts. Not all states used 'voting machines' in the election, but many Red States that went for Mitt Romney used them so what happened there? Did the 'Democrats''program those machines to steal 100% of the vote' for Romney?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When we claim Bush did it too, it isn't to make the actions OK; it is to make fun of you Tea Party morons who never gave a sh*t when Bush did it.
Bush spies on Americans - "Its to keep us safe"
Obama spies on Americans: "OMG OMG OMG"
You people are dumber than sh*t.
It's just something about the timing of it all-chasing AP Domestic journalists as if they were "foreign terrorist suspects" while foreign nationalist RED FLAGGED Chechnyan bomb lobbing mujihadeens travel freely back and forth on US visas.

Kind of like big, black flags waving weeks prior in Benghazi...enough so that other nations saw them and acted accordingly for the safety of their people...but some how...ours missed that too.

Excuse, but frequent re-occurant policy failures kind of make some of us a tad bit...oh ...cynical, about the "competence" levels in some areas?

Not to fret yerself though Duh A Vey-just have another hand fed duhmmy dog biscuit.
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You article contained several factual errors.
So, what is your solution?
Another moronic rant based on allegations contained in the article full of errors.
Yeah, that was bright.
so now you want me to use leap of faith reasoning so that i'll just believe whatever you say?

i was just kidding about me using right wing leap of faith reasoning, so you're going to have to point out the errors. i'll need all sources cited, with any fact checking sources to also be supplied so that i don't have to do it myself.

get busy.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

LOL, note the use of the term "several paramours". that is the politically correct term for multiple baby daddies.

"KEITH PADGETT, 53

Shilow Gaillard admits to being a bit of a free spirit — which is why she wanted to have her fiancé tested, to be sure he’s the father of the child he’s helping to raise.

Gaillard, 25, said she had several paramours when baby Thailyn — who celebrates his second birthday today — was conceived, including an ex-fiancé, an ex-boyfriend and current fiancé Keith Padgett.

“I wasn’t looking for anything specific,” she said.

After her ex-fiancé hit the road — he was previously tested and was found not to be the daddy — Padgett became part of the picture again, encouraging Gaillard, Thailyn and a daughter from another relationship to move into his Bed-Stuy pad this past January.

“He calls Keith ‘Daddy’ now,” Gaillard said of Thailyn (all together above).“It’ll be a great Father’s Day gift if he actually is the daddy.”

REVEALED: Indeed, he’s the daddy.“Stop playing, man! Stop playing!” said an ecstatic Padgett, a drug counselor and chef.“Guess what? I was his daddy before, and nothing would have changed that. But I have to admit, it’s even better knowing now that he’s my blood for real.”

Gaillard took the occasion to tease.“Before, I wasn’t stuck with him — now I am,” she said, smiling.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
A gallon-sized jar of whole pickles is something to behold. The jar is the size of a small aquarium. The fat green pickles, floating in swampy juice, look reptilian, their shapes exaggerated by the glass. It weighs 12 pounds, too big to carry with one hand. The gallon jar of pickles is a display of abundance and excess; it is entrancing, and also vaguely unsettling. This is the product that Wal-Mart fell in love with: Vlasic's gallon jar of pickles.
Wal-Mart priced it at $2.97--a year's supply of pickles for less than $3! "They were using it as a 'statement' item," says Pat Hunn, who calls himself the "mad scientist" of Vlasic's gallon jar. "Wal-Mart was putting it before consumers, saying, This represents what Wal-Mart's about. You can buy a stinkin' gallon of pickles for $2.97. And it's the nation's number-one brand."
Therein lies the basic conundrum of doing business with the world's largest retailer. By selling a gallon of kosher dills for less than most grocers sell a quart, Wal-Mart may have provided a ser-vice for its customers. But what did it do for Vlasic? The pickle maker had spent decades convincing customers that they should pay a premium for its brand. Now Wal-Mart was practically giving them away. And the fevered buying spree that resulted distorted every aspect of Vlasic's operations, from farm field to factory to financial statement.
Indeed, as Vlasic discovered, the real story of Wal-Mart, the story that never gets told, is the story of the pressure the biggest retailer relentlessly applies to its suppliers in the name of bringing us "every day low prices." It's the story of what that pressure does to the companies Wal-Mart does business with, to U.S. manufacturing, and to the economy as a whole. That story can be found floating in a gallon jar of pickles at Wal-Mart.
I'm begging you all please stop shopping at Wal-Mart and slowly killing the U.S.A.
That gallon may last two months in my house.))))
Stores often take a loss on one product to get customers in the store who will purchase many other products not being sold at a loss. It's their right to do so.
Perhaps what we need is something to compete with Walmart?
Or, perhaps what we need in general is something American that competes with the rest of the world.
It's a no-brainer we will suffer a loss of status in the economic world. We've been producing the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world for a generation now. It's just a matter of time before the laws of economics catch up with that and establishes a living standard in accordance with the ability to compete.
It will be a long road to put America back to where it was when we had the most educated workforce in the world.
How about helping.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

NTR
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may interject, Galt was absolutely correct in saying teachers must be more accountable to their students rather than the unions and liberal politicians who have made too many of them politically correct robots.
Too many teachers have been programmed to believe participating in the politically correct poison is necessary to keep their jobs.
Nevermind the students know they're being poisoned and their schools have become madhouses where no one gives a damn about them.
Oh goody! Carol's on one her PC, anti union, anti liberal rants again.
There seems to be a pattern going on here. What we know about Carol is that she says that she was a history teacher and I have no reason to dispute this. We also know from her numerous posts that her take on history is to put it kindly, unique.
So maybe, and I'm just posing the possibility, that good old Carol tried to lay her "unique" version of history on her students, got nailed for it and the union didn't back her up.
Just speculating here.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm all for the immigration bill.
i just thought it was funny that after all of the right wing noise about Obama colluding with the MSM, that FOX has to help the right wing idiots in Congress figure out what they should be doing.
Face it you saw FNS and wet your pants.

The members of the gang of eight are still avoiding appearing on the shows listed.

That is the problem with the Politicol article or perhaps it is with your Progressive site that is telling you to trust them that this is what the article says.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News’ Attempts To Tie IRS Controversies To Obama Demolished – By Bush’s IRS Commissioner
The O’Reilly Factor hosted former IRS Commissioner, Mark Everson Friday night (6/14/13) to discuss, as guest host Monica Crowley put it, what “could very well be the most dangerous scandal in U.S. history,” the questionable scrutiny by the IRS of Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt status. Unfortunately for Conspiracy Theory Crowley, Everson destroyed her partisan efforts to make the IRS problems all about President Obama. And there was no way Crowley could blame Everson’s views on “Democrat” partisanship because he was appointed by and served under George W. Bush.
http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_attempts_to...
So, since it's obvious the IRS acted criminally, and the FBI says the IRS case is "solved", we're wondering who was sent to prison.

Well, who was sent to prison for this?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
but, but, but...Mr & Mrs Obama now love Walmart. doesnt that automatically mean you will too?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Attention Walmart shoppers
Posted: 10:42 PM, June 16, 2013

Here in a city where politicians fight new businesses that want to come to town, it’s no secret that Walmart remains unwelcome. But the retail giant has just landed a friend in a high place: the White House.

His name is Jason Furman, President Obama’s new pick to chair the Council of Economic Advisers. This should be of particular interest to New Yorkers: As a visiting professor at NYU in 2005, Furman authored a study heralding Walmart as “A Progressive Success Story.”

In his paper, Furman addressed the debilitating impact on the poor of this misguided, left-wing opposition:

“[To] the degree the anti-Walmart campaign slows or halts the spread of Walmart to new areas, it will lead to higher prices that disproportionately harm lower-income families.”

And he’s not the only pro-Walmart voice in the administration: Earlier this year, Obama named Sylvia Mathews Burwell, former head of the Walmart Foundation, as his budget director.

Obama wasn’t always this friendly. In 2008, his campaign attacked Hillary Clinton for sitting on the board of the Arkansas-based retailer.

Since then, however, his hometown of Chicago has opened its doors to Walmart.

Meanwhile, wife Michelle gushes about the low prices and high quality of its fruits and vegetables. During a visit to a Missouri Walmart in February, the First Lady hailed the retailer for “showing us that what’s good for kids and good for family budgets can also be good for business.”

Anyone on our City Council listening?

Read more: President Obama’s pro-Walmart economic adviser—Editorial - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Step out of the meth lab, grab a few gulps of fresh air, and try and post again.
When you stop stereotyping and lumping it as awrl DUH same...Homzee.

Until then-as always, I shall continue to remain, with the pure elements of vinegar coursing through my very being--and to loathe mtn dew as well... GROSS, NASTY, YUCKY..disgusting stuff.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So, now you're going to believe the Russians ? In communist Russia, anyone who claims his right of free speech is 'radicalized'. In America, a person's right to free speech is protected by the government,even yours,--understand the difference between a democratic country and a dictatorial one now?
Hello,

Russia gave us an alert that the Boston Bomber was engaging with questionable groups.

Guess what, the Russians were right the Bomber was radicalized and the Boston bombing did accrue.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
One of those marketing amazement moments for national sales folks every where.

Till Clausssen arrived on the scene anyway.

FAR tastier to some, no matter which direction one points it in lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 852,381 - 852,400 of1,033,702
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min CDC 47,055
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Poppo 167,532
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min Sublime1 96,093
Amy 4-18 37 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs