Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
852,061 - 852,080 of 1,083,744 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only because you're used to that culture coming from the urban areas in the northern blue states.
Anywhere else in the country, calling a woman you don't know "babygirl" is both presumptive and inappropriate. Trust me on that.
You don't show your underwear by wearing your pants below your butt, do you? Please tell me you don't.
Galt knows of a biker bar where NJraider should try out his act.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A terrorist like Kathy Boudin, who should have been executed for her role in a bank robbery that left three people dead, can never pay her debt to society.
So this is no longer a free country? According to the law, she paid her debt to society. Are we no longer a nation of laws. Can I ask, what is wrong with you rightwingers?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>MSNBC host and Obama sycophant Chris Matthews blamed the sun for spoiling the presidentís speech in Berlin today.
*Sure Matthews I was hoping that is was going to thunder and lightening also. It would have been much better. O'bama is an idiot. The whole world is laughing at us because of this idiot.
Yes, that's why Germans love President Obama and gave him a standing ovation and loudly cheered his call on Putin's Russian Federation to join the U S in making deep reductions in their nuclear weapons arsenals.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer probably thinks Charles Manson has paid his debt to society and deserves parole. Or Sirhan Sirhan. Kathy Boudin is in the same class.
Well, I do not know much about her but apparently she was released where as the other two were not.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
More homoerotic fantasy from the forum closet queen. Quel surpris.
My, My...a trailer park psychologist.

I'll give Dr. Oz a call.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
"Basic cable" typically includes about 20 to 30 stations, including the broadcast networks, PBS, and some independent stations. It is essentially lifeline service.
The old fart used car dealer apparently thinks basic cable includes everything except premium channels.
What part of rural bumfck do you live in where basic cable is 20-30 stations?
forks_make_us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Probably the Hoffa family, as well as lot of others are curious.
On a side note Fox News is just awful, this is one of top stories on their website - Columbia's Cons: Ivy League social work program run by team of former prisoners
Now I ask you have they paid their debt to society? What is the story here?
How do you pay a society back for killing someone?

You have a table or something you check?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well, dang Johnny, there's another lie shot in the twt.
I'm done on the subject pal, time is money eh?
Shove it, old fart

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Faux News almost monopolized a place on Basic Cable really early on. Of course, the average age of their viewer is 66, so I'm not sure if the "future" is looking all that bright for them.
Hey__easy does it on the old timer stuff eh?

But__I can't imagine a basic cable, or satellite menu that doesn't include FOX National. Otherwise it would be a premium package option and there would be a foooking revolt.

Galt thinks everyone is as ill informed as he is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What part of rural bumfck do you live in where basic cable is 20-30 stations?
Guessing that Homer has Comcast?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>But you and carol don't count anything you're receiving? "conventional wisdom that the poor, and especially more minorities, get the most out of America's "safety net." But recent data shows the reverse is true. Most entitlements are received by the elderly, disabled, or working white households, and minority households receive disproportionately little from the public purse.
Analysis from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reveals that the poorest fifth of American households received 32% government benefits distributed in 2010. The top fifth of income earners receive 10% of benefits - most likely through social security.
The study also found that poor African Americans receive disproportionately less welfare than poor whites. Black Americans make up 22% of the poor, but overall receive 14% of government benefits.
The elderly received around half of benefits paid out. Nonelderly disabled people received 20% of the 2010 entitlements pot, while 18% of government benefits go to working people on lower incomes.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5070-poor-b... ;
I see you're tying to muddy the water again. Take you and your dmned bidet outta here....
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON (AP)- Already reeling from a pair of scandals, the Internal Revenue Service is drawing new criticism over plans to hand out millions of dollars in employee bonuses.

The Obama administration has ordered agencies to cancel discretionary bonuses because of automatic spending cuts, but the IRS says it's merely following legal obligations under a union contract.

The agency is about to pay $70 million in employee bonuses, said Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, a senior Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, which has jurisdiction over the IRS.

Grassley says his office has learned that the IRS was to execute an agreement with the employees' union Wednesday to pay the bonuses. Grassley says the bonuses should be canceled under an April directive from the White House budget office.

"The IRS always claims to be short on resources," Grassley said. "But it appears to have $70 million for union bonuses. And it appears to be making an extra effort to give the bonuses despite opportunities to renegotiate with the union and federal instruction to cease discretionary bonuses during sequestration."

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.as...

How nice for them. I'm sure Obama is okay with it since the sky is no longer falling.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All good points.
No,they're not Galt. DBWriter talks horsesh*t. The many good reasons for opening talks with the Taliban includes the very crucial one that it back up our main ally Afghanistan led by President Karzai who has staked his political career on opening successful talks with the Taliban--what the majority of Afghanistan's people see as the only way to stop the war .

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hey__easy does it on the old timer stuff eh?
But__I can't imagine a basic cable, or satellite menu that doesn't include FOX National. Otherwise it would be a premium package option and there would be a foooking revolt.
Galt thinks everyone is as ill informed as he is.
Sorry, Realtime, I was aiming at Galt and Batty as well as quoting a fact about the average age of FNN viewers...besides, I'm pretty sure most of the reich-wingers on here were born old; I don't believe one could become that hateful and stupid in even seventy years without a head start.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Guessing that Homer has Comcast?
Guess Galt has gold premium Verizon service. He wouldn't be caught dead with a pair of rabbit ears and a free government -issued digital-to-analog converter box.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Along with monks and snowmobilers.
Monks and snowmobilers don't mug, murder and rape - unless the happen to be urban black. I can't recall ever seeing black urban snowmobilers or chanting Trayvon monks walking through gated communities with Arizona Tea and Skittles.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Shirley you gest Flacko__you do know that such stats can easily be found online.
Presently, about 60% of US households subscribe to basic cable but that number is beginning to shrink due to newer-faster-cheaper technologies.
So, there ya go tubby__MOST of the country has cable. You're wrong once more.
Would you like to learn about pickled gherkins today? Sandwich stackers? How about pickles n peppers? Fried pickles? Sandy loam soil?
Here, Mr Peabody, you left out a sentence. "Most cable viewers in the US are in the suburbs and tend to be middle class, cable television is less common in low income, inner city, and rural areas." As I said most people have no idea 24/7 news channels even exists.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Faux News almost monopolized a place on Basic Cable really early on. Of course, the average age of their viewer is 66, so I'm not sure if the "future" is looking all that bright for them.
I was tired of being lied to by CNN. If you enjoy learning about parts of a story only the left want to hear, but not get the whole story, by all means, stay with CNN.

Fox News is not for you.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you pay a society back for killing someone?
You have a table or something you check?
What am I teaching a fcking class? They let her plead to felony murder and she got 20 years to life. You don't like it change the law. I'm not standing up for her either, I'm merely saying according to the law she paid her debt to society. Fox News is merely using this as a vehicle to slam a liberal university and nothing more.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP)- Already reeling from a pair of scandals, the Internal Revenue Service is drawing new criticism over plans to hand out millions of dollars in employee bonuses.
The Obama administration has ordered agencies to cancel discretionary bonuses because of automatic spending cuts, but the IRS says it's merely following legal obligations under a union contract.
The agency is about to pay $70 million in employee bonuses, said Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, a senior Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, which has jurisdiction over the IRS.
Grassley says his office has learned that the IRS was to execute an agreement with the employees' union Wednesday to pay the bonuses. Grassley says the bonuses should be canceled under an April directive from the White House budget office.
"The IRS always claims to be short on resources," Grassley said. "But it appears to have $70 million for union bonuses. And it appears to be making an extra effort to give the bonuses despite opportunities to renegotiate with the union and federal instruction to cease discretionary bonuses during sequestration."
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.as...
How nice for them. I'm sure Obama is okay with it since the sky is no longer falling.
Grassley is talking bullsh*t! like idiot teabagger Sean Duffy was last night in calling out chief financial officer of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Mr. Agostini for giving out high-priced salaries to their officers of the new consumer advocate bureau under the belt-tightening excesses of the sequester. Someone should have asked Charles Grassley why he didn't cut his own salary , big bonus perks as a Congressman or the big paybacks that he receives from his Corporate lobbyist 'donor'?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a word drop 6 words! 19 min Anonymous2 8
Amy 7-30 30 min pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 175,138
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,568
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 49,010
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 45,892
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr gauntlet 305
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search