Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
852,041 - 852,060 of 1,079,794 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that a teenage girl is forced to carry a clear plastic, if any, purse, does not mean she doesn't carry books--just not in a bookbag. Really...just how old are you? It was a very nice suburban school in an affluent area, but after Columbine, we had closed circuit tvs in the parking lots, metal detectors, a resource officer and locked entries...are there really a lot of schools anywhere that still don't?
Yes, lots, and the students carry book bags.

Maybe locked doors.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack is still stuck in the Reagan years.
The Hoobert Heever years if you ask me.

The heap has gotten exactly nothing right in over four years.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Very, very few with sufficient qualifications, and those who qualify want to become management almost immediately.
Here was another example at the Job Fair--a young man at the age of 25-had no experience except working part time doing odd jobs in his parents business. He had a high school education. Fine. He was a single father. Fine. He had never worked at any other job. Fine. He wanted a 9-5 job as a store manager. He wanted 50,000 a year. He wanted paid health care for himself, his son and his girlfriend... and he wanted extra time off every month to spend with his son.
Fine, thank you very much...NEXT!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
Still, nobody has given any reason for the US to have any kind of talks with the Taliban... other than to help them sabotage the Karzai government.
If Obama wants to surrender, just get out. We could be packed up and out of Afghanistan in less than a month. Why is Obama waiting?
We don't need to wait for two years to leave Afghanistan. We can leave now.
Or, someone please tell us what the hell we'd have to talk about with the Taliban.
All good points.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does anybody care about Hoffa?
Probably the Hoffa family, as well as lot of others are curious.

On a side note Fox News is just awful, this is one of top stories on their website - Columbia's Cons: Ivy League social work program run by team of former prisoners

Now I ask you have they paid their debt to society? What is the story here?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
Still, nobody has given any reason for the US to have any kind of talks with the Taliban... other than to help them sabotage the Karzai government.
If Obama wants to surrender, just get out. We could be packed up and out of Afghanistan in less than a month. Why is Obama waiting?
We don't need to wait for two years to leave Afghanistan. We can leave now.
Or, someone please tell us what the hell we'd have to talk about with the Taliban.
O'bama was never going to win the war in Afghanistan, he never wanted to. He is saving the exit for political democrats to campaign on. It is all about votes-liberals use people until they are no longer needed, they can die or kill them if need be.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a fkn lie that didn't need to be told.
Looks like you wasted a nother lie John.
BS.

"Basic cable" typically includes about 20 to 30 stations, including the broadcast networks, PBS, and some independent stations. It is essentially lifeline service.

The old fart used car dealer apparently thinks basic cable includes everything except premium channels.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Point is 16 million viewers for the NBA finals, so clearly someone cares. So you're wrong, again.
Less than 5% of the population.

Any racial breakdown?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Listen, you Bettie Lou, Galt, DB, & whoever has a problem with a man calling a female "babygirl" are just old & stuck in the past. Anyone from my era knows it's not said with derogatory intent. What kills me is you take just the word babygirl from what I said. laid out the entire scenario. My cousin from down there didn't say,"yo, don't call her babygirl." He told me to chill because they don't play that down here meaning, " chill boy, they don't play black dudes talking to white girls in public like that." You can't change the meaning of what someone said in a story I told to fit your theory. That is completely stupid!
It's only because you're used to that culture coming from the urban areas in the northern blue states.

Anywhere else in the country, calling a woman you don't know "babygirl" is both presumptive and inappropriate. Trust me on that.

You don't show your underwear by wearing your pants below your butt, do you? Please tell me you don't.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Hoobert Heever years if you ask me.
Is that you or the coors talking.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Here was another example at the Job Fair--a young man at the age of 25-had no experience except working part time doing odd jobs in his parents business. He had a high school education. Fine. He was a single father. Fine. He had never worked at any other job. Fine. He wanted a 9-5 job as a store manager. He wanted 50,000 a year. He wanted paid health care for himself, his son and his girlfriend... and he wanted extra time off every month to spend with his son.
Fine, thank you very much...NEXT!
Aw, come on, Kvetchy, you really think anyone believes your anecdotal evidence of anything, let alone conducting interviews at a jobs fair in Chicago? You're still receiving chiropractic treatment for a closed head trauma, living in Costa Rica, and collecting disability from claim on a Chicago trade union. LMAO
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Probably the Hoffa family, as well as lot of others are curious.
On a side note Fox News is just awful, this is one of top stories on their website - Columbia's Cons: Ivy League social work program run by team of former prisoners
A terrorist like Kathy Boudin, who should have been executed for her role in a bank robbery that left three people dead, can never pay her debt to society.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Hoobert Heever years if you ask me.
Hang on, let me think.
$7 gas - nope
economic collapse - nope
stock market crash - nope
inflation/stagflation/deflatio n - nope,nope,nope
electric bills increasing tenfold - nope
Walmart good for the local community - nope
Claims he's not a rightwinger - nope
Obama will lose - nope

Hmmmm
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Look, squirrel is an interesting term, do you know where it came from?
There's another poster that uses that term frequently, not to mention a few other terms that you use. Are you also a dog lover?
Think it started when liberals became so easily distracted.

I'm a lover of all animals. But I do love dogs.

Are we going to start being nice to each other now?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Fox is on cable/satellite. Most of the country doesn't receive either but is growing. Something the brain dead libtards fail to understand. A guess would be that a majority of the population knows nothing of the 24/7 news channels.
It's actually syndicated to many countries worldwide.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a fkn lie that didn't need to be told.
Looks like you wasted a nother lie John.
Yeah, Faux News almost monopolized a place on Basic Cable really early on. Of course, the average age of their viewer is 66, so I'm not sure if the "future" is looking all that bright for them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Probably the Hoffa family, as well as lot of others are curious.
Homer probably thinks Charles Manson has paid his debt to society and deserves parole. Or Sirhan Sirhan. Kathy Boudin is in the same class.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than 5% of the population.
Any racial breakdown?
Only a rightwinger would ask for a racial breakdown. Looks like most were of the human race.

The Surge of the NBA's International Viewership and Popularity

Nearly six months after the NBA lockout ended, NBA fans across the world and the league’s executives have much to celebrate. Tonight the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat will face off for Game 2 of the 2012 NBA Finals. Although the 2012 NBA season was shortened as a result of the lockout, fans have not turned their back on the league. In fact, fans in 215 countries from Iceland to Madagascar and Afghanistan to Sri Lanka, will watch as The Finals are streamed in 47 different languages. Additionally, the NBA expects that 278 million fans will follow The Finals through social media networks.

The large surge in international viewership of The Finals is driven in part by the vast number of networks and online outlets that are televising the event. This year, 90 international television, radio and online outlets will air The Finals. Notably, this season, fourteen international networks are airing The Finals for the first time. These networks are located in: Cameroon, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa and Turkey. The growth of international interest in the NBA is further demonstrated by the amount of international media that will converge upon Oklahoma City and Miami to cover The Finals. 1,800 media members total have been credentialed to cover The Finals. 12.6 percent of all media covering The Finals are international media members, as 227 media members representing 34 countries other than the United States are credentialed to cover The Finals.

Social media networks have also increased the NBA’s worldwide fan base. According to the NBA, the league has built one of the largest social communities in the world, with more than 278 million likes and followers. The official NBA, team and player pages combined across Twitter and Facebook have accumulated more than 226 million likes and followers. In China, the NBA is the number-one sports league across social media with 52 million fans on the league’s official accounts. The NBA has enjoyed over 883 million videos viewed on YouTube since 2005. Much of the NBA’s social media success is driven by international fans, as nearly 50 percent of the league’s followers on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are international.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2012...

I hadn't realized the NBA was so popular.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Ayers never shot a cop or blew anyone up.
You are either a liar or a dumf*ck.
It is far past your time to grow up, boy. Hurry, before it's too late.

This is the Magic Negro's pal:

http://voices.yahoo.com/who-bill-ayers-210214...

"In the 2003 DVD production of The Weather Underground, Bill Ayers admits, "Whenever we put a bomb in a public space, we had figured out all kinds of ways to put checks and balances on the thing and also to get people away from it, and we were remarkably successful." Still there were injuries to people as well as destruction to property.

In his book, Fugitive Days: A Memoir, Ayers details his experience of planting bombs and living on the run from the FBI. He shows how the pacifism of his youth turned into more militant behavior."

Wiki - Bill Ayers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

"Ayers had previously been a roommate of Terry Robbins, a fellow militant who was killed in 1970 along with Ayers' girlfriend Oughton and one other member in the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion, while constructing anti-personnel bombs intended for a non-commissioned officer dance at Fort Dix, New Jersey.

Two major decisions came out of the "War Council." The first was to immediately begin a violent, armed struggle (e.g., bombings and armed robberies) against the state without attempting to organize or mobilize a broad swath of the public. The second was to create underground collectives in major cities throughout the country."

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/a_timeline_o...

"October 20, 1981 – Brinks robbery in which several members of the Weather Underground stole over $1 million from a Brinks armored car near Nyack, New York. The robbers murdered 2 police officers and 1 Brinks guard. Several others were wounded.
1981 “Guilty as hell*. Free as a bird. America is a great country,” Ayers said when interviewed by David Horowitz."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
"Basic cable" typically includes about 20 to 30 stations, including the broadcast networks, PBS, and some independent stations. It is essentially lifeline service.
The old fart used car dealer apparently thinks basic cable includes everything except premium channels.
Well, dang Johnny, there's another lie shot in the twt.

I'm done on the subject pal, time is money eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min SpaceBlues 45,789
UNIPORT PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 S... 3 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Amy 7-24 4 min Toj 23
Avondale and Chicago's Polish Village Celebrate... 5 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Sublime1 97,528
UNILAG PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SE... 8 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Frank 174,605
Abby 7-24 11 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••