Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,599)

Showing posts 851,961 - 851,980 of1,033,415
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

No Homer today.

Flag Day must be a holiday for government employees.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

MIAMI (CBSMiami)– While the Miami Heat tied the 2013 NBA Finals at 2-2 Thursday night, outside of South Florida, the San Antonio Spurs are the overwhelming selection for Americans to win the NBA championship.

According to Public Policy Polling, 32 percent of those surveyed wanted the Spurs to win the Finals while 20 percent selected the Heat. The polling came as part of a larger poll dealing with other political issues of the day.

PPP broke the numbers down further and found that among voters who supported Barack Obama, the Spurs were favored by a 28-25 percent margin, while Mitt Romney voters supported San Antonio by a 37-15 percent margin.

The PPP poll found across all political ideologies, the Spurs were the preferred winners over the Heat with “very conservative” voters picking San Antonio by the largest margin, 42-15 percent.

Breaking the numbers down by race, Hispanic voters picked the Heat by a 31-28 percent margin while African-American’s picked the Heat by a 44-28 percent margin. White voters favored the Spurs by 17 percent, 32-15 percent.

And if you’re really curious, PPP broke the poll down by vegetarian versus meat eaters with vegans preferring the Spurs by a 47-10 percent gap and omnivores picking the Spurs by a 31-21 percent margin.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take Rachel Maddow as an example:
Maddow is a radical leftist: OK, it's MSNBC
Maddow is a lesbian: OK, it's MSNBC
Maddow is a smarmy, smirking, wiseass: Bad TV, and why MSNBC sucks
That's why Rachel Maddow's show has higher ratings than Sean Hannity with the independent thinking people.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>That's why Rachel Maddow's show has higher ratings than Sean Hannity with the independent thinking people.
That eliminates Obamabot Bocajews
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Obama's Syrian war may be a "Wag the Dog" operation to divert attention from the scandals surrounding the White House.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>That's why Rachel Maddow's show has higher ratings than Sean Hannity with the independent thinking people.
June 14, 2013

Hannity - 2,073,000

Maddow - 688,000

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You libturds think al queda are the good guys.
For most Americans, they agreed with President Obama that the evidence of chemical weapons use by the Assad regime was the game changer on now providing lethal aid to the rebel fighters. "The Obama administration, which had long resisted sending weapons to antigovernment forces in Syria’s civil war, has announced plans to supply the rebel forces with small arms after concluding that the troops of President Bashar al-Assad have used chemical weapons against them.

The shift in administration policy on Syria seems reflective of public opinion. Polls have consistently shown Americans are deeply wary of the United States becoming involved in the fighting in Syria. But they also show that public support for intervention increases sharply under circumstances where it is confirmed that the Assad regime used chemical weapons." Check this out: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> For most Americans, they agreed with President Obama that the evidence of chemical weapons use by the Assad regime was the game changer on now providing lethal aid to the rebel fighters. "The Obama administration, which had long resisted sending weapons to antigovernment forces in Syria’s civil war, has announced plans to supply the rebel forces with small arms after concluding that the troops of President Bashar al-Assad have used chemical weapons against them.
The shift in administration policy on Syria seems reflective of public opinion. Polls have consistently shown Americans are deeply wary of the United States becoming involved in the fighting in Syria. But they also show that public support for intervention increases sharply under circumstances where it is confirmed that the Assad regime used chemical weapons." Check this out: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
Bocajew Jean beats the war drums in support of Al Qaeda.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no innocents (and no humans) in the world of radical Islam.
"John Galt"
I have to disagree. We have a muslim family in our neighborhood. Good folks. Nice kids. The wife and one 13 year old daughter basically are clad from head to toe. Home schooled. They participate in our twice a year get togethers, though I must add they eschew the adult beverages that are available. They keep their place up. They pay their taxes. Seldom see the Mom but see the kids daily, they get along just fine. Why is that you may ask. It's because I live in a great area, we could care less about a persons race or religion.
Peace

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is important to accept and understand that intelligent people can have differing opinions without sinking into pissing contests.
Note, however, that I said *intelligent* people. While engaging with Liberals, I can spray like a skunk.
The irony is that you talk about intelligent people engaging in a discussion without sinking into a pissing contest and you end it by insulting people with different points of view than your own....

which clearly demonstrates your level of intelligence.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Obama's Syrian war may be a "Wag the Dog" operation to divert attention from the scandals surrounding the White House.
The so-called 'scandals' "surrounding the White House" may have had some downward impact on Obama's favorability numbers, but it seems to be less relevant as the steady improving economy buoys Obama's popularity. "Political coverage over the last week has focused on a series of stories that reflect negatively on the executive branch — but President Obama’s approval ratings have held steady. As of Monday, Mr. Obama’s Gallup approval rating was 49 percent — the same as it was, on average, in April. Mr. Obama’s Rasmussen Reports approval rating was 48 percent, not much changed from an average of 50 percent in April. Mr. Obama’s approval rating in a CNN poll published on Sunday was 53 percent, little different from 51 percent in their April survey. And in a Washington Post-ABC News poll, Mr. Obama’s approval rating was 51 percent, essentially unchanged from 50 percent in April.

There are a lot of theories as to why Mr. Obama’s approval ratings have been unchanged in the wake of these controversies, which some news accounts and many of Mr. Obama’s opponents are describing as scandals. But these analyses may proceed from the wrong premise if they assume that the stories have had no impact. It could be that the controversies are, in fact, putting some downward pressure on Mr. Obama’s approval ratings — but that the losses are offset by improved voter attitudes about the economy." Check this out: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/page...

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You're right. Who would have the stomach to even try to defend Saint Reagan ,the biggest lying bastard ever to reside in the White House.
"front porch turd"
Speaking of liars, have you listened to president nobama lately. Or how about senator fienstien and her statement "All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms." Or maybe you are referring to slick willie who said, "I never had sex with that woman."
Peace
KMA

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Kuwait.
John, given the size of Kuwait's military force just about anyone could have invaded it.

The outcome of Gulf War I and the number of casualities sustained by the coalition forces proved beyond a doubt that Iraq was not a significant military power.

In 2003, Iraq's military power was significantly less than in 92.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
We were the good guys trying to help the Afghanis keep the bad guys from invading their country.
We were the good guys when Saddam invaded Kuwait with raping and pillaging. We ran the bad guys off for the Kuwaitis.
How does the ensuing events suddenly make us the bad guys?
lets see
Iran 1954-1955 Operation AJAX, we staged a coup of the newly DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT OF IRAN and installed the SHAH into power. Ever hear of the SAVAK, Iranian secret police. The number of people arrested, jailed without a trial, tortured and killed makes Saddam look like an angel.

Iraq 1979, CIA helps put Saddam into power.

I never mentioned Iraq in 1992.

I did mention Iraq 2003. Tell me what were they doing that warranted our invading the country and taking out Saddam?

as for Afghanistan in the 80's, we armed, trained and financed the Mujaheddin, which was to become Al Qaeda.

We need to learn to mind our own business.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt wants MSNBC to hire bleach blonde bubbled heads with low cut shirts so he has another channel to watch & drool other than Fox.
"real dumb"
You come through again. Attacking women because they are attractive, smart and speak the truth. You have nothing of merit to attack them with. So what does "real dumb" does, he slurs them. You are one sick prick. Wrong, no way should anyone refer to you as a prick, men have them, you do not, you are a boy.
Peace
KMA

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
June 14, 2013
Hannity - 2,073,000
Maddow - 688,000
Galt can't add! LOL

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Emaen wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan was a liberal by the definition posed by the bizarre fringe steering the Republican party today.
Reagan was a liberal by the definition YOU, a Liberal, assigns to him. If he was a good President, you call him a Liberal.

Bad President? He was a Conservative, of course!

Liberal Reality is as much fun as Silly Putty!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on any Government program.. We know you are.
Nice try, Moocher.
You will be soon, Dood.

That "pathway to citizenship" is great, eh, Jose?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Obama’s Snooping Excludes Mosques

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/06/while...

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you would prefer the stability offered by murderous tyrants over the temporary instability of working toward a better reality?
Sounds cheap and cowardly to me.
I would prefer that we mind our own business. While you may have not liked Saddam, there were certain advantages to having him in power.

Besides the trillions of dollars wasted in that war, the number of killed U.S. troops (4,500+), the 80K+ wounded, injured and sick troops, the trouble/PTSD our vets are going to deal with for decades...all for nothing

there's the hundreds of thousands of Iraq's killed in the war, the subsequent sectarian violence, the genocide, ethnic cleansing the destruction of Iraq's infrastructure and the expansion of Al Qaeda into Iraq, the growing influence of Iran in the region, Iran restarting its nuclear program...

Dude, there are thousands of tin pot dictators all over the world...some of whom we put in power and support

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 851,961 - 851,980 of1,033,415
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

111 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Toj 95,987
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,917
Abby 4-16 15 min ScarletandOlive 24
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min CDC 46,983
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Professor Emeritus Fellow 42,921
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 24 min RACE 225
Abby 4-14 35 min j_m_w 47
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••