Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927613 Jun 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What up, babygirl?
Right? NJ seemed surprised at the reaction by people when he said that to a white woman at a McDonalds visiting a relative in a southern state. He wanted to blame it on racism.

I had to remind him what is and isn't appropriate to say anywhere.

Hope he gets it now.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927614 Jun 19, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be ceded, but who really gives a yawn about you.
*YAWN*

verb (used without object), se·ced·ed, se·ced·ing. to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union,.....

verb (used with object), ced·ed, ced·ing. to yield or formally surrender to another: to cede territory

"There is a whole bunch of middle ground that you have seceded from."
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#927615 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What typical whites are you talking about?
What street?
What reaction?
Why negative?
You make sweeping statements and continue not to want to explain them.
Note I said typical, not all! Why would anyone have a negative reaction to anyone on a crowded city street? These are things you could've deciphered for yourself. Now again, I didn't say all but, put a black dude in our everyday winter wear (a hoodie) on a street alone with a white person, man or woman & see the response. I will go as far as to say, " your negative response is respected by me because, some dudes be waiting for a scenario like that to happen." Now flip the characters in the scenario, it's rare for blacks to have a negative response because, the chances of a white dude pulling a gun & robbing you are slim. You're looking for racist motives & I'm just giving you reality!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#927616 Jun 19, 2013
Granny is in trouble or lets hope the printing press does not run out of ink...

"And if you want to talk truly big picture, for the U.S. government as a whole, projecting the current gap between revenue and expenditures indefinitely, the infinite horizon fiscal gap is a whopping $222 trillion! To close that gap would require not a 32 percent immediate and permanent tax hike in Social Security FICA taxes or a 22 percent immediate and permanent cut in Social Security benefits, but either a 64 percent immediate and permanent tax hike in all federal taxes or a 40 percent immediate and permanent cut in all expenditures apart from servicing official debt."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2013...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#927617 Jun 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Welfare includes general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits.
But you and carol don't count anything you're receiving? "conventional wisdom that the poor, and especially more minorities, get the most out of America's "safety net." But recent data shows the reverse is true. Most entitlements are received by the elderly, disabled, or working white households, and minority households receive disproportionately little from the public purse.

Analysis from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reveals that the poorest fifth of American households received 32% government benefits distributed in 2010. The top fifth of income earners receive 10% of benefits - most likely through social security.

The study also found that poor African Americans receive disproportionately less welfare than poor whites. Black Americans make up 22% of the poor, but overall receive 14% of government benefits.

The elderly received around half of benefits paid out. Nonelderly disabled people received 20% of the 2010 entitlements pot, while 18% of government benefits go to working people on lower incomes.

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5070-poor-b... ;
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927618 Jun 19, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? NJ seemed surprised at the reaction by people when he said that to a white woman at a McDonalds visiting a relative in a southern state. He wanted to blame it on racism.
Hope he gets it now.
He/she doesn't understand that that type of language is no less offensive than the n-word.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#927619 Jun 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Welfare includes general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits.
Subsidies for the rich like oil subsidies, corporate tax breaks &, the fact that the rich like Romney pay far less than the average citizen in tax% doesn't count as welfare huh?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#927620 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
*YAWN*
verb (used without object), se·ced·ed, se·ced·ing. to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union,.....
verb (used with object), ced·ed, ced·ing. to yield or formally surrender to another: to cede territory
"There is a whole bunch of middle ground that you have seceded from."
You didn't say FROM...you literally challenged linguist, would you please just quit digging that hole. "cede
/s&#275;d/
Verb
Give up (power or territory): "they ceded control of the schools to the government".

You didn't MEAN to do that, PeeWee...LMAO@U
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#927621 Jun 19, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be ceded, but who really gives a yawn about you.
What is the 'grade' of the school that you teach at?
A
B
C
D
F

http://educationviews.org/letter-grades-for-s...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927622 Jun 19, 2013
The hoodie, worn up, is the official uniform of street criminals.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927623 Jun 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Subsidies for the rich like oil subsidies, corporate tax breaks &, the fact that the rich like Romney pay far less than the average citizen in tax% doesn't count as welfare huh?
Galt wants to eliminate all subsidies, but if you lefties want to equate welfare with subsidies, Galt is pleased to throw that turkey on the chopping block as well.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#927624 Jun 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many kkk groups with their own/different platform. He's being dishonest again.
GFY, I posted from the official site. How the f*ck is that dishonest?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#927625 Jun 19, 2013
when terrorists are terrorists...

and...

I was a liberal until the terrorists blew me up...

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_co...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927626 Jun 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Note I said typical, not all! Why would anyone have a negative reaction to anyone on a crowded city street? These are things you could've deciphered for yourself. Now again, I didn't say all but, put a black dude in our everyday winter wear (a hoodie) on a street alone with a white person, man or woman & see the response. I will go as far as to say, " your negative response is respected by me because, some dudes be waiting for a scenario like that to happen." Now flip the characters in the scenario, it's rare for blacks to have a negative response because, the chances of a white dude pulling a gun & robbing you are slim. You're looking for racist motives & I'm just giving you reality!
The definition of typical
combining or exhibiting the essential characteristics of a group

So what do you think 'typical white' implies?

You have never been in an inner city situation-have you? South Chicago has various groups of numerous races claiming territory of certain streets. The blacks distrust whites appearing in their neighborhood.

Being leery of someone in your neighborhood who you do not know is not racist maybe a little paranoid.

Hoodies wore by anyone on a darken street causes most people to wonder as the person has covered his face from being clearly seen much like the old west bandana was used for.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#927627 Jun 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The hoodie, worn up, is the official uniform of street criminals.
Along with monks and snowmobilers.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#927628 Jun 19, 2013
In 2008 with his reverb/digital delay sound system and his rock star light show the president drew a cheering crowd of 200,000 here in Germany. Today with his popularity waning, the big stage gone, he draws a measly 6,000. To make matters worse the setting sun quickly put a glare on the teleprompter causing the once god booming voice to stutter and stammer as he tried to finish the speech.

(snicker)

NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#927629 Jun 19, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope he gets it now.
Listen, you Bettie Lou, Galt, DB, & whoever has a problem with a man calling a female "babygirl" are just old & stuck in the past. Anyone from my era knows it's not said with derogatory intent. What kills me is you take just the word babygirl from what I said. laid out the entire scenario. My cousin from down there didn't say,"yo, don't call her babygirl." He told me to chill because they don't play that down here meaning, " chill boy, they don't play black dudes talking to white girls in public like that." You can't change the meaning of what someone said in a story I told to fit your theory. That is completely stupid!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#927630 Jun 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went to their website, and what a suprise you left something out
"Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America! A Message of Love NOT Hate!"

I posted some of their platform, not their slogan.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#927631 Jun 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Subsidies for the rich like oil subsidies, corporate tax breaks &, the fact that the rich like Romney pay far less than the average citizen in tax% doesn't count as welfare huh?
you are ignorant...

"You may not know it, but the National Football League is a nonprofit organization. It may seem absurd that a collection of teams that generated at least $9 billion in revenue last season would be given tax-exempt status, but the NFL is technically classified as a 501(c)6 organization. Here's how the IRS describes 501(c)6 tax-exempt status:"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-frederick...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#927632 Jun 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You the burka clad muzzie talking again.
We figured you were so embarrassed at your messiah's daily screw ups you would shut up and go home.
Read the founding of planned parenthood fool it is exactly what their goals were.
Your goal on the other hand it the complete destruction of Israel.
I will stand with Israel against all enemies such as allah and yourself.
No weapon forged against Israel will ever prosper.
Give up burka.
Yap! Yap! Yap! went little sadow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 min Jane 1,474
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min KiMare 49,853
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Kristy 46,706
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 1 hr kankakee en 155
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,397
OnePotChefShow 4 hr Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 621
Amy 9-18 6 hr edogxxx 35
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search