Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,596)

Showing posts 851,901 - 851,920 of1,072,651
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a feminist in the traditional definition.
But I do not find it flattering to have epithets shouted at me.
You never had a boss hug on you or you would know how cheap this makes you feel and how grateful that there is a law where you can say this is not acceptable. I didn't file a complaint but simply pointed out the wrong behavior.
You do know you're countering fetchie, right?

Confused again as usual I see!

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher union president Karen Lewis appears to be focused on eating instead of education.
LOL-a french fry never escaped from her clutches!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>This is why you people need to use the word 'impose.'
im·pose
[im-pohz] Show IPA verb, im·posed, im·pos·ing.
verb (used with object)
to lay on or set as something to be borne, endured, obeyed, fulfilled, paid, etc.: to impose taxes.
to put or set by or as if by authority: to impose one's personal preference on others.
to obtrude or thrust (oneself, one's company, etc.) upon others.
to pass or palm off fraudulently or deceptively: He imposed his pretentious books on the public.
This word is totally different from the meaning of evolve

Evolve means to become something.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> No, President Andrew Johnson drew the ire of radical republicans for his more moderate , non-interventionist local, state-centric approach to Reconstruction --"Americans had long been suspicious of the federal government playing too large a role in the affairs of state. But the Radicals felt that extraordinary times called for direct intervention in state affairs and laws designed to protect the emancipated blacks. At the heart of their beliefs was the notion that blacks must be given a chance to compete in a free-labor economy...."
"President Johnson stood in opposition. He vetoed the Freedmen's Bureau Bill, claiming that it would bloat the size of government."
http://www.ushistory.org/us/35b.asp
President Andrew Johnson's decentralized approach to implementing Reconstruction was very close and similar to the modern-day republicans like Nixon , Reagan, Paul Ryan and libertarians like Ron Paul's states rights argument.
Valid!
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Obama:‘So Long As Nuclear Weapons Exist, We Are Not Truly Safe’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
Add "maid" to the list of words this idiot doesn't know how to spell.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Wall Street Journal
June 6, 2013
President Obama spent months in 2010 warning Americans about the 'threat' to democracy posed by conservative groups right at the time the IRS began targeting these groups.
(Timeline and quotes listed in article.)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Says Kimberley Strassel of WSJ who wrote the article,“Yet we are to believe that a few rogue IRS employees just happened during that time to begin systematically targeting conservative groups?"
...That's what they WANT us to believe. The WSJ and Strassel proved why we shouldn't.
<yawn>
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>yes and yes. In a liberal state they will not do anything because it is consider to not further the agenda. It is considered non-existent, not possible and never treated in any matter.
"...Clayton Williams stirred controversy during his 1990 campaign for governor of Texas with a botched attempt at humor in which he compared rape to weather. Within earshot of a reporter, Williams said:“As long as it’s inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it.”..."

Acceptable conservative behavior.

wow.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This word is totally different from the meaning of evolve
Evolve means to become something.
I know son. If you had READ, you would have known that instead of simply ASSUMING like you normally do.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign aid is more a Libertarian issue. Definitely not part of the KKK platform.
Make our schools more productive is a viewpoint of ALL except the far Left Progressives. No one but the KKK has teachers being jailed. You are such an idiot.
Last time I checked the polls, balancing the budget was something Independents supported. Nothing about balance budget in KKK platform.
Abortion and homosexuality for example is not part of TEA Party platform.
Who wants the Federal Reserve Act repelled exactly? Didn't find this in either platform.
KKK has nothing about flat tax.
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45/343.h...
Dave, you have attempted to make up connections that DO NOT exist.
Now I should be allowed to kick your BUTT for me having to read the KKK platform to see if you were lying.
You are a radical who thinks anyone who isn't a PROGRESSIVE has to be so far right that they fit into the Jew hating KKK group.
What an idiot you are.
Go to the kkk website. You get directed to today's kkk.

Here is the link.

Read it & I then I expect you to admit what a GD f*cking lying idiot you are. Azzwhole.

http://kkk.bz/main/...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well you people sure are making it easy to identify yourselves as racist son.
Are you a "typical white person" who reacts negatively to black people when you encounter them on the street too, like Obama's grandmother?

Talk about "typical" racism...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> No, President Andrew Johnson drew the ire of radical republicans for his more moderate , non-interventionist local, state-centric approach to Reconstruction --"Americans had long been suspicious of the federal government playing too large a role in the affairs of state. But the Radicals felt that extraordinary times called for direct intervention in state affairs and laws designed to protect the emancipated blacks. At the heart of their beliefs was the notion that blacks must be given a chance to compete in a free-labor economy...."
"President Johnson stood in opposition. He vetoed the Freedmen's Bureau Bill, claiming that it would bloat the size of government."
http://www.ushistory.org/us/35b.asp
President Andrew Johnson's decentralized approach to implementing Reconstruction was very close and similar to the modern-day republicans like Nixon , Reagan, Paul Ryan and libertarians like Ron Paul's states rights argument.
First paragraph of your article

"The Radical Republicans believed blacks were entitled to the same political rights and opportunities as whites. They also believed that the Confederate leaders should be punished for their roles in the Civil War."

Wow, that is radical. Who wrote this article?

"President Johnson stood in opposition. He ...vetoed the Civil Rights Bill rejecting that blacks have the "same rights of property and person" as whites. Moderate Republicans were appalled at Johnson's racism. They joined with the Radicals to overturn Johnson's Civil Rights Act veto. "

No matter if the article calls them Radical the bottom line is the bill they supported is what is accepted law .

No matter how you spin it, Johnson was a racist as stated by the article.

Johnson was impeached for failure to enact laws Congress passed
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Today’s GOP vs. Tomorrow’s GOP on Immigration

We are about to watch something unfold that is really fascinating and very rare in American politics. One of our two major parties—I’ll let you guess which one!—is on the cusp of having to weigh what is good for its congressional wing in the short term versus what is good for its aspirations to reclaim the presidency over the long term. I’m not sure this has any precedent, at least in the modern history of the republic: a party that, electorally, demographically, and culturally, has so insulated and isolated itself from the rest of the nation that what’s good for its legislators is bad for the party’s future—not to mention the rest of the country.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>remember the left anxiously hoping that Tea Party protests would become violent (which they weren't), while looking the other way at left leaning OWS pigsty rapefests chock full of criminal activities.
Yes, I do recall that...quite vividly.

I also recall a black republican being beat up by four liberal men for selling patriotic material at one of those peaceful rallies.

The media doesn't like reporting those kinds of things though - might disturb the herd mentality to think objectively.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood continues to practice eugenics today.
You really need to go back to school and get an education.

Eugenics according to the American Sociological Review: "A social philosophy advocating the improvement of human hereditary traits through the promotion of higher reproduction of more desired people and traits, and reduced reproduction of less desired people and traits."

Israel has embraced eugenics not Planned Parenthood.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the kkk has more in common with the Tea Party.
The KKK "Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America!"
The following are listed as part of the KKK platform
Read these & tell me these are also shared by most Tea Party members.
Tell me which ones do not paint them as right wing.
Stop all Foreign Aid Immediately
Abolish ALL discriminatory affirmative action programs
Put American troops on our border to STOP the flood of illegal aliens
Abolish all anti-gun laws and encourage every adult to own a weapon
Drug testing for welfare recipients
Repeal the Federal Reserve Act.
Balance the budget
Rehabilitate our public school system.
A flat income tax should be introduced to allow for the funding of community, state and federal projects.
Abortion should be outlawed except to save the mother’s life or in case of rape or incest.
We support a national law against the practice of homosexuality
Restoring individual freedom to Christian America.
We want to see the National Education Association and the Child protective agencies put out of business.
We support state sovereignty resolutions
The KKK "Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America"

Where have I heard that before?....wait...hope and change

What you listed are common ideas shared by many americans.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a "typical white person" who reacts negatively to black people when you encounter them on the street too, like Obama's grandmother?
Talk about "typical" racism...
ROTFLMAO!!! You have no idea son.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the GOP/Tea Bagger platform
I thought he was talking about ron paul.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the kkk website. You get directed to today's kkk.
Here is the link.
Read it & I then I expect you to admit what a GD f*cking lying idiot you are. Azzwhole.
http://kkk.bz/main/...
Are you being your usual dense self again?

You are getting quite the reputation here, Dumb Dave!

Baawwaaahhh!!!!!

We can trust you just like we can trust Obama/Holder to get to the bottom of things (wink,wink)!

Dumb Dave loves the IRS...

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look,I realie you right whiners have declared corporations the same as people but now buildings?
I clearly said Ayers never blew up any one .
Ayers was not in on the bomb that exploded killing those Weathermen members. He was not into hurting people.
The Weathermen were a loose knit group with many factions & many group leaders.
So who is the dumbf*ck now. It is you because buildings are not people.
'God, what a great country. You know, we could have had a constitutional crisis, but instead, we let him steal the election. Isn't that great. What a country.'' It makes me want to puke.

William Ayers--sure reminds us how O'bama stole the election, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 851,901 - 851,920 of1,072,651
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Le Jimbo 45,521
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min voice of peace 67,540
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 26 min boundary painter 4,488
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 27 min boundary painter 1,407
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 30 min boundary painter 1,189
Amy July 12 31 min Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Midlothian Composer 97,446
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,699
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 2:02PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE