Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,593)

Showing posts 851,841 - 851,860 of1,034,303
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti abortion legislation gets you freaks to the polls more than anything else, in addition to anti gay marriage
Republican attempts to limit voting got people to the polls and standing in lines for up to 8 hours in Florida.

Republicans have problems with minorities, immigration, rape and a few other issues.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Who over threw the Shah? Jimmy Carter is responsible for 'lighting' the torches and bringing Islam to the rest of the world. Poof!
Don't bother, you're too stupid.
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Bipartisan support for NSA

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday strongly defended the recently exposed U.S. surveillance programs, which he helped craft in the aftermath of 9/11, but sharply criticized President Obama for his handling of a range of issues from the Syrian civil war to the Benghazi terror attacks.

Cheney, a Republican vice president from 2001 to 2009 under the Bush administration, told “Fox News Sunday” the National Security Agency-led programs have to remain confidential to keep the information from enemies and that he and other U.S. intelligence officials were concerned about a nuclear attack.

“It was 19 guys with box cutters and airplane tickets,” but the next time it could have been a “nuclear attack,” the 72-year-old Cheney said.

He said former NSA contractor Edward Snowden exposing the gathering of information of phone calls and emails has done “enormous damage” to the United State’s anti-terror programs and called Snowden a “traitor.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/16/ch...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Time for me to roam to FB and read all the warm fuzzies people are posting about Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads, here.

Happy Father's Day to my dad, I still miss you very much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, Violation of privacy, incompetence in Benghazi and IRS using enemy lists trumped this with the voters
So its ok with you that Congress inappropriately diverts our tax dollars into their campaign coffers 'cause it doesn't poll as well?

Its little litmus tests like this that separate the truly small government types from big government partisan hacks.

Guess where you fall?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not so much the monitoring of phone numbers to find the bad guys but the legitimate concern of spying on political enemies.
As long as you give them permission to spy on you to "find the bad guys" its ok 'cause you can trust them, they're from the government.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not so much the monitoring of phone numbers to find the bad guys but the legitimate concern of spying on political enemies.
legitimate....

Bush's Enemies List. Why Did Bush Commit an Illegal, Impeachable Act When All His Lawyers Had to Do Was Walk Into a Secret Court?

http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/05/12/ana05...

so when are you FOXbots going to acknowledge that the Obama 'scandals' are Bush scandals?

and one has to wonder how you all would be acting if Mitt had been elected and he was doing the same thing. we all know he would've upheld right wing policies, that you tea party freaks would have supported, so this whole thing with Obama is starting to look like something else other than real concern about the issue.

most folks have figured out by now that it has nothing to do with policy. when you folks bitch about Obama doing the same stuff you supported when Bush did it, it's not that hard to see.

but maybe you right wingers wanted Obama to reform Bush policies? been asked and not answered 50 times. take a shot.
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave missed the point that Galt supports public education, controlled at the local level, while recognizing the rights of parents to educate their children themselves. Galt believes that relatively few parents possess that ability.
Our 88 year old maiden aunt agrees with Galt's observation ".. that relatively few parents possess that ability."
LOL

A friend's third grader talks in the third person.
LOL
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Time for me to roam to FB and read all the warm fuzzies people are posting about Father's Day.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads, here.
Happy Father's Day to my dad, I still miss you very much.
Agree Miss Dad!
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Emaen wrote:
House Republicans have now voted to repeal health care reform nearly 40 times. They've spent four years ranting and raving about "government health care" and how awful it is.
Except, when it comes to themselves. And their own government-subsidized health care -- for life, after just a few years of service.
Tell them "Repeal your own government-subsidized heath care first, hypocrites!"
Republicans forced Congress and their staffs to be subject to the exchanges that the American people must suffer.

Democrats don't like that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that Edward Snowden betrayed his country by leaking classified documents about the U.S. government's surveillance programs and warned that the former National Security Agency contractor may be spying for the Chinese government.

"I think he's a traitor,” Cheney said of Snowden in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.”

"I think he has committed crimes in effect by violating agreements given the position he had," he continued. "I think it's one of the worst occasions in my memory of somebody with access to classified information doing enormous damage to the national security interests of the United States."

Cheney raised questions about Snowden's decision to flee to Hong Kong, suggesting he may be sharing sensitive information with the Chinese government. He hinted that Snowden could even be a Chinese spy.

"I'm suspicious because he went to China. That's not a place where you would ordinarily want to go if you are interested in freedom, liberty and so forth," Cheney said. "It raises questions whether or not he had that kind of connection before he did this."

Cheney added that he's also "very, very worried" that Snowden still has sensitive information that he hasn't yet released.

"The Chinese would welcome the opportunity and probably [be] willing to provide immunity for him or sanctuary for him, if you will, in exchange for what he presumably knows or doesn't know," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/16/dick...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave missed the point that Galt supports public education, controlled at the local level, while recognizing the rights of parents to educate their children themselves. Galt believes that relatively few parents possess that ability.
Agree, I think parents should be free to cripple their children's future by teaching them false science. I mean, how much "science" do you need to be a checker at Walmart? Those kids who want to learn about real things will eventually reach an age where they will make their own education choices and can move towards correction on their own.

Besides, its less competition in the work market for my kids and grandkids.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
This is how our government "creates" jobs.
In the 50's we orchestrated a coup to overthrow the democratically elected President of Iran and installed a US friendly dictator in the form of the Shah. Once the locals got tired of the tyrant and overthrew him we harbored him and froze offshore Iranian assets. Once the hostage crisis was resolved we went on to impose sanctions.
So, american cars are very popular in Iran. Smuggling replacement parts to keep the pre-1979 american car fleet running is big business. Iran has 75 million potential customers that the US government has closed off to us because ... I'm not really sure.
Iran held a presidential election yesterday and out of a field of six candidates the people chose the one moderate. I think they're sending us a signal but don't think for a minute that I believe our government and electorate aren't stupid enough to pass it up.
Light the torches!
Obama's decision to take sides in Islam's internal wars is not helpful.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln LCN wrote:
Bipartisan support for NSA
Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday strongly defended the recently exposed U.S. surveillance programs, which he helped craft in the aftermath of 9/11, but sharply criticized President Obama for his handling of a range of issues from the Syrian civil war to the Benghazi terror attacks.
Cheney, a Republican vice president from 2001 to 2009 under the Bush administration, told “Fox News Sunday” the National Security Agency-led programs have to remain confidential to keep the information from enemies and that he and other U.S. intelligence officials were concerned about a nuclear attack.
“It was 19 guys with box cutters and airplane tickets,” but the next time it could have been a “nuclear attack,” the 72-year-old Cheney said.
He said former NSA contractor Edward Snowden exposing the gathering of information of phone calls and emails has done “enormous damage” to the United State’s anti-terror programs and called Snowden a “traitor.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/16/ch...
There is nothing wrong with trying to keep our country safe. There is a problem with the abuse of power that is a daily activity for the current resident of The White House. There is nothing wrong with a whistle blower when he is putting the spotlight on political bias and corruption. Every one in the country knows that Obama is using his office to silence any one that doesn't share his radical left wing agenda. Even his most ardent followers can see what has been happening the past several years.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Prism and the NSA: Something Congress Can Agree On

The center lives. Bipartisanship is not dead, as Democratic and Republican congressional leaders rally around the National Security Agency’s big data grab. With the exception of op-ed writers, the American Civil Liberties Union, and the Pauls – Rand and Ron – Washington’s establishment is standing together with the administration. In this scrum, party is secondary, at least on Capitol Hill.

In a show of unity virtually unseen since 9/11, the Congressional leadership has come out unanimously in support of the status quo, while deflecting allegations that the Guardian’s news story was actually news.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, those bubbles don't inflate themselves ya know.
The next bubble will be inflation and rising interest rates.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So its ok with you that Congress inappropriately diverts our tax dollars into their campaign coffers 'cause it doesn't poll as well?
Its little litmus tests like this that separate the truly small government types from big government partisan hacks.
Guess where you fall?
Reminder: this is your post I responded to....

"Here's a scandal:

Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.

Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother, you're too stupid.
Look who's talking. Your response when someone is right is to call them stupid.

Dumb liberal Idiot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a scandal:
Why is the House wasting time and money working on a bill restricting abortion that has ZERO chance of passage? Because they get to campaign for the 2014 midterms on MY dime.
Someone explain to me the apparently indivisible connection between "Taxed Enough Already!" and abortion.
One might say the same thing about Senate gun control efforts.

Each party has its own lost cause.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're denying al qaida is a political enemy. Why do you believe that?
Al Qaeda is an ally of Obama in Syria.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 851,841 - 851,860 of1,034,303
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE