Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#927848 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government sets the rules for federal elections. States can't add to it.
The dumbass Republicans in AZ knew better but chose to suppress the vote. Typical.
"killtaker"
You must understand, "real dumb" wants all who are in this country, including the illegal criminals to be able to vote. Most of them are like him, they have their hands out. He wants to perpetuate and grow the welfare state.
Peace
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#927849 Jun 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that most southern Republicans are racist, I live with them, I know. I also know that there was a massive shift following passage of the CRA, when the Democrats lost the Solid South to Republicans, when Nixon employed his Southern Strategy.
Just 'cause you just found a booklet in a box of Lucky Charms doesn't mean you're the sole repository of all things History.
Ha! Earth to libtard. It aint just Republicans who are racists down south (and up north for that matter).

You have no statistical evidence.

If so, provide it, otherwise, quit being a bying propogansist weasel.

I have lived down south and know you are FOS.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#927850 Jun 19, 2013
Meet Obama's buddies in Syria...

Syrian Rebels execute 14 year old boy for insulting Islam...

http://suckersonparade.blogspot.com/2013/06/a...
Nostrilis H Waxman

Windsor, CT

#927851 Jun 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that most southern Republicans are racist, I live with them, I know. I also know that there was a massive shift following passage of the CRA, when the Democrats lost the Solid South to Republicans, when Nixon employed his Southern Strategy.
Just 'cause you just found a booklet in a box of Lucky Charms doesn't mean you're the sole repository of all things History.
Correction. I meant to call you a lying propagandist weasel.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#927852 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot defend NJ's lack of rationality in the statements he made.
If you attempt to do so by sophistic means than you are as guilty as him of stereotyping and bigotry.
Like I said, I don't even read his posts.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927853 Jun 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You would agree that Santa Claus is a racist just to be ornery.

Spokane, WA

#927854 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
D you ever wonder how Dumbwaiter, Whatever, FloriDUH, Moocher Eed, Eman, the their ilk get so GD stupid?
See how many stories on the link match up with their posts.
I read it & laughed my ass off at just how stupid these people are.
http://www.factcheck.org/hot-topics/
"real dumb"
Bring up a factcheck.org that disproves anything I have posted to you. That you are not a liberal loon? That you do not detest those who are successful? That you despise those idiots who bust their butts to provide for their families? Those who who support our police? Those who support our military? Those who want less government intrusion into their lives? Those who think president nobama is a disaster? Those who hate to see the deficit increasing at record rates?
Looking foreword to your stock response, "It's Bush's Fault".
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#927855 Jun 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
and all black men can dunk a basketball...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#927856 Jun 19, 2013
Nostrilis H Waxman wrote:
I wonder if they believed Obama in Germany today?
Doubt it. The jerk has no credibility.
Kennedy stood in Berlin to say "Ich bin ein Berliner"

Regan stood in Berlin to say "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall"

The Magic Negro stands in Berlin to say "Yo' Bro! Spend sum mo'!"

This time, the audience was bag ladies and druggies.

Location hidden

#927857 Jun 19, 2013
Why you should NOT trust people...

and...

protect the helpless female...

'A Michigan woman accused of faking a sexual assault was ordered to stand trial on charges of making a false report of rape and tampering with evidence Tuesday after a doctor said her purported bruises faded after he wiped them with gauze.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/sara...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927860 Jun 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Meet Obama's buddies in Syria...
Syrian Rebels execute 14 year old boy for insulting Islam...
http://suckersonparade.blogspot.com/2013/06/a...
We don't have an inkling of a clue of the suffering going on in Syria and other places around the world.

We are too easily complacent about being safe and free from harm unlike that little boy.

Couldn't bring myself to click on the link. Breaks my heart.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927861 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Ha! Earth to libtard. It aint just Republicans who are racists down south (and up north for that matter).
If so, provide it, otherwise, quit being a lying propogansist weasel.
Agree but NJ and Tenzig

Location hidden

#927862 Jun 19, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"I agree that most southern Republicans are racist,"

...and all Asians eat rice...

Location hidden

#927863 Jun 19, 2013
gotta go...

Ciao!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#927864 Jun 19, 2013
And the wall begins to crumble:

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) announces her of Gay Marriage:

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) announcing her of gay marriage:

“I am a life-long Republican because I believe in promoting freedom and limiting the reach of government,” Murkowski wrote on her Web site.“When government does act, I believe it should encourage family values. I support the right of all Americans to marry the person they love and choose because I believe doing so promotes both values: it keeps politicians out of the most private and personal aspects of peoples’ lives – while also encouraging more families to form and more adults to make a lifetime commitment to one another.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927865 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
If so, provide it, otherwise, quit being a lying propogansist weasel.
I was going to respond to your post but decided you pretty much said it all.

Spokane, WA

#927866 Jun 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We should pull every last soldier out of there and let them all self implode like Syria. No more funding either.
(I probably sound like a rightwinger now, but frankly, I don't see the point of our involvement in that hell hole)
"silly"
APPLAUSE!!!!!
Agree with you 100%. Not an American dollar or life should be wasted their.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#927867 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
The site does not say "court ordered inactive".
It says" voluntarily inactive"
http://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp...
Now what?
"real dumb"
You are correct. It does in fact say "voluntarily inactive". Do you know why that is? The answer is simple. If mrs. nobama did not give up her license voluntarily it would have been court ordered. She committed a no no.
Peace
KMA
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927869 Jun 19, 2013
So let's list the scandals to date.

Old ones:
Fast and Furious
Black Panthers given pass by DOJ

New ones:
AP confiscatons by DOJ
Rosen confiscations by DOJ
Benghazi coverup
IRS targeting of Obama's enemies
NSA confusion

When exactly did Obama say he was going to get to the bottom of things again?

Because it feels like we're students in a classroom waiting for an authority figure to tell us what's going on because the teacher stayed home.

The White House doors remain closed while the IRS is getting $70 million worth of union bonuses and the Obamas are going to take a $60 to $100 million vacation in Africa.

So...what else can we talk about?
Progressive hero

Downey, CA

#927870 Jun 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the Feds to put up a fence along the border...
and we won't need to worry about who is voting illegally...duphus!
You stupid racist. This is just as much their so called stolen so called country as it is yours. There is no legal southern border. Got it? Now get that through your country bumpkin ass head

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Guru 187,334
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min OzRitz 52,861
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 50 min Analog man 5,912
Adult video stores 2 hr Denny 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr texas pete 5,204
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr boundary painter 862
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr boundary painter 400
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]