Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,583)

Showing posts 851,641 - 851,660 of1,073,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of that pile of BS let's just grab the low hanging fruit and go from there:
Before the Voting Rights Act of 1965 most blacks in the south were disenfranchised.
Go ahead, explain away.
Southern Democrats is the only reason blacks were disenfranchised before 1965.

You have another reason?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because now it the racist Southern Republican bloc.
BUSTED!

You joined in with NJ's idiocy
NJ raider 1

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who1="Whatever"]< quoted text>
Let me try to understand your twisted logic here.
The Southern Dems attempted to break away from the Union because they did not want to give up slavery. So Southern Dems switching to Rep makes them racist.
Now for a historical look at Lincoln's opinion on slavery-
"Lincoln often expressed moral opposition to slavery in public and private.[1] Initially, he expected to bring about the eventual extinction of slavery by stopping its further expansion into any U.S. territory, and by proposing compensated emancipation (an offer Congress applied to Washington, D.C.) in his early presidency. Lincoln stood by the Republican Party platform in 1860, which stated that slavery should not be allowed to expand into any more territories. Lincoln believed that the extension of slavery in the South, Mid-west, and Western lands would inhibit "free labor on free soil". In the 1850s, Lincoln was politically attacked as an abolitionist, but he did not consider himself one; he did not call for the immediate end of slavery everywhere in the U.S. until the proposed 13th Amendment became part of his party platform for the 1864 election."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_...
[/QUOTE] Like I said, he said out of his own mouth, if he could end the war without ending slavery, he would. Now he may not be pro slavery but, he wasn't against it! A true leader would lay their life on the line for what they believe in like MLK. Lincoln just tried to appeal to both sides!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Well, even though we're all real serious about politics, most of us have a sense of humor too.
This was so funny to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
(If anyone watches it, let me know. I have a comment but will save it for later.)
Bumping this forward.

Sorry, I was showing two individuals the posts they had made and pushed this back a page.

Maybe you should re-post it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which GOP?
Carols and Galt's often seem opposed.
republicans fighting republicans is proof of God existing !
Galt and Carol differ on abortion, an issue that is nothing but a red herring in electoral politics.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
You made my point for me.

Not condoning what Thurmond did before he had a change of heart and after switching parties. But you can't very well criticize Thurmond and not Robert Byrd.

Robert Byrd was a bigwig in the KKK. Imagine some of the things he must have done.

But he was a respected democrat until he died.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah, the black migration to the North is only news to you. Everybody else got it in High School History.
Black migration to the North was for economic reasons, which were short-lived, leaving blacks trapped in poverty in the North.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist Southern Democrats switched to the GOP out of disgust for Northern and Western Democrat's support of the CRA"
You may want to check your history. The CRA would never had passed without Republican support due to a bloc of Dems refusing to support it.
You and NJ live in fairy tale land.
Tenzing is a certifiable racist and Muslim sympathizer. There are a mountain of hateful and racist posts by Tenzing attacking minorities..

Example: Tenzing Demos Post# 378388:- No, they (Muslims) had a legitimate reason for attacking us. All we have to do is take away that (Jew) reason. I know, you're going to stupidly claim that they would attack us because they just hate our western ways but of course you have no evidence of that whatsoever.

It's the culture...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea? Really?
Its 'cause the NRA convinced the mouth breathers that Obama was coming to take their guns in the wake of Sandy Hook. I was surrounded by guys at work online daily buying all the guns and ammo they could no matter how well I explained to them that the tepid gun control legislation moving through Congress didn't stand a chance.
And, let's see: are they coming to take the guns? No.
Did the legislation pass? No.
Chock one up for Tenzing's amazing powers of precognition and one up for the NRA getting the suckers to quadruple prices and one for the gun industry for reaping the benefit of those sales and a big fat ZERO for the idiots who fell for it.
Maybe it would have helped quell some of the angst by gun owners, the NRA and defenders of the Second Amendment had not some liberal newspapers printed maps showing the addresses and locations of law-abiding gun owners.

It's always an overreaction by Obama and liberals that create problems that never existed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're complaining about the law of supply and demand? When you gonna complain about that silly 186,000 mile per second light speed limit?
Under normal economic circumstances, prices would increase until demand was reduced to supply. That is not happening. There is clearly some external restraint on supply.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Just want to make it crystal clear again that not all democrats were southern democrats and not all democrats tried to keep the CRA of 1964 from passing.

Just want to make that crystal clear again.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said, he said out of his own mouth, if he could end the war without ending slavery, he would. Now he may not be pro slavery but, he wasn't against it! A true leader would lay their life on the line for what they believe in like MLK. Lincoln just tried to appeal to both sides!
The New KKK has double since Obama has been elected, Libs are KKK every day, and twice on Sundays racist f*ck denigrate black people. Obama has done more to enslave blacks, Klan Parent Hood is killing blacks, the Klu Klux Klan loves Obama, the KKK would have committed suicide if Herman Cain was elected

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The Government Cheese and Welfare Crowd...The Blind Lead You idiots...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as in the South, you've got black parts of town and white parts. The smaller the town the clearer the demarcation but the cities still have distinct divisions along lines of color. In small towns down here there still is a "wrong side of the tracks".
Suburbs of Northern cities are even more segregated than the cities.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalizing pot is just a by-product of smaller government. Meanwhile, you voted for Bush his second term after proving himself to be one of the LEAST fiscal conservatives in modern history; taking a surplus and turning it into the biggest deficit since WWII.
I'm sure you've got some principles in there somewhere, you just let the Republicans sucker you every time.
Bush vs. Kerry was an easy choice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of that pile of BS let's just grab the low hanging fruit and go from there:
Before the Voting Rights Act of 1965 most blacks in the south were disenfranchised.
Go ahead, explain away.
All those states elected Democrats to Congress when blacks were disenfranchised and Republicans ever since.

Go ahead, explain away.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said, he said out of his own mouth, if he could end the war without ending slavery, he would. Now he may not be pro slavery but, he wasn't against it! A true leader would lay their life on the line for what they believe in like MLK. Lincoln just tried to appeal to both sides!
You need to re-read the quote from Wikipedia

"Lincoln often expressed moral opposition to slavery in public and private.[1] Initially, he expected to bring about the eventual extinction of slavery by stopping its further expansion into any U.S. territory, and by proposing compensated emancipation (an offer Congress applied to Washington, D.C.) in his early presidency. Lincoln stood by the Republican Party platform in 1860, which stated that slavery should not be allowed to expand into any more territories. Lincoln believed that the extension of slavery in the South, Mid-west, and Western lands would inhibit "free labor on free soil". In the 1850s, Lincoln was politically attacked as an abolitionist, but he did not consider himself one; he did not call for the immediate end of slavery everywhere in the U.S. until the proposed 13th Amendment became part of his party platform for the 1864 election.[2]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_...

Yes, Lincoln was morally against slavery. His initial attempts was to stop slavery expansion thinking that it would eventually abolish it. As the quote states he joined in support of the 13th Amendment when it became part of the Republican platform in 1864.

You are very misguided to think Dems were always pro-Civil Rights and the Reps were ever anti-Civil Rights
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
Hard to believe that our foremost grammar cop said "made."

How do you know it was rape?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Black migration to the North was for economic reasons, which were short-lived, leaving blacks trapped in poverty in the North.
Their plight was - and still is - very sad. The urban problems in Chicago and New York stemmed from blacks being turned away from even low skilled industrial work.

Being trapped in poverty is a sad and accurate statement.

Can there even be a possible solution?
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your response just on the last page to the comment below-
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"You do know Lincoln was Republican and it was the Dems who fought changes that allowed blacks more freedoms after the war. How does this fit into racist theory?"
I've noticed you have a thing for putting words in peoples mouths. Thus whole conversation didn't start on race, at least on my behalf. It started because one of you republicans continuously drifted in the past on a topic, I forget exactly what it was but, I simply stated that you all use the past as a reference but conveniently for get the 2 parties swapped. So what are you talking about? Go back & see for yourself. Now if you want my opinion, the racism you all show on this thread as republicans, one can definitely assume that theory of all republicans being racist. To me it has less to do with racism & more to do with you republicans feeling some sense of entitlement, "like Daddy knows best." It's commonsense that the 2 parties swapped identities. What use to be a blue South is now mostly red & vice versa in the north. What a coincidence!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Bill Ayers wants Obama tried at the Hague for war crimes.

So Progressives here, do you think Ayers is totally radical or do you agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 851,641 - 851,660 of1,073,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info