Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#927482 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
Men should not be calling a stranger "baby girl"
I object to honey, sweet cheeks-that one is really lame, sugar, and doll too.
I am not a food item or an object.
In my life time it was considered a term of endearment to be called sugar, doll, or honey. It never bothered me-- it never bothered me that men whistle either.I do however remember when feminism came out of the closet, and it became dirty for men to do this. Then in the 90's, all the sexual harassment suits, by the femi nazis flooded the courts, for this very same behavior. It created an environment that men could no longer be men. It ruined the work place in many ways. IMO these women started the 'hate men' campaign. I would sooner work for a man any day than a woman. Most feminist hate women and hate men more. It is the way it is.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#927483 Jun 19, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Not according to Orally's book...he has Lincoln in the Oval Office eight times before it was there. Meant nothing to carol. Those two are just historians at their best.
come on, who you fooling!

You don't know how to read...

or spell for that matter!

>>ORALLY'S<<
TSM

El Paso, TX

#927484 Jun 19, 2013
Obama must feel like Rodney Dangerfield ‘No Respect ‘halo has dimmed… Berlin Speech: 200,000 for Obama in 2008; Only 6,000 Today!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927485 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the kkk has more in common with the Tea Party.
The KKK "Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America!"
The following are listed as part of the KKK platform
Read these & tell me these are also shared by most Tea Party members.
Tell me which ones do not paint them as right wing.
Stop all Foreign Aid Immediately
Abolish ALL discriminatory affirmative action programs
Put American troops on our border to STOP the flood of illegal aliens
Abolish all anti-gun laws and encourage every adult to own a weapon
Drug testing for welfare recipients
Repeal the Federal Reserve Act.
Balance the budget
Rehabilitate our public school system.
A flat income tax should be introduced to allow for the funding of community, state and federal projects.
Abortion should be outlawed except to save the mother’s life or in case of rape or incest.
We support a national law against the practice of homosexuality
Restoring individual freedom to Christian America.
We want to see the National Education Association and the Child protective agencies put out of business.
We support state sovereignty resolutions
Foreign aid is more a Libertarian issue. Definitely not part of the KKK platform.
Make our schools more productive is a viewpoint of ALL except the far Left Progressives. No one but the KKK has teachers being jailed. You are such an idiot.
Last time I checked the polls, balancing the budget was something Independents supported. Nothing about balance budget in KKK platform.
Abortion and homosexuality for example is not part of TEA Party platform.
Who wants the Federal Reserve Act repelled exactly? Didn't find this in either platform.
KKK has nothing about flat tax.
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45/343.h...
Dave, you have attempted to make up connections that DO NOT exist.
Now I should be allowed to kick your BUTT for me having to read the KKK platform to see if you were lying.
You are a radical who thinks anyone who isn't a PROGRESSIVE has to be so far right that they fit into the Jew hating KKK group.
What an idiot you are.

Prevented this

#927486 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Ayers never shot a cop or blew anyone up.
You are either a liar or a dumf*ck.
So Bill Ayers lied himself ...in his own memoirs??? In his 2001 memoir Fugitive Days, Ayers recounts his life as a Sixties radical and boasts that he “participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, of the Capitol building in 1971, and the Pentagon in 1972.” Of the day he bombed the Pentagon, Ayers writes,“Everything was absolutely ideal.... The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bastards were finally going to get what was coming to them.” He further recalls his fascination with the fact that "a good bomb" could render even "big buildings and wide streets ... fragile and destructible," leaving behind a "majestic scene" of utter destruction.

All told, Ayers and the Weather Underground were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. "I don't regret setting bombs," said Ayers in 2001, "I feel we didn't do enough." Contemplating whether or not he might again use bombs against the U.S. sometime in the future, he wrote:“I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.”

In 1970, Ayers’ then-girlfriend Diana Oughton, along with Weatherman members Terry Robbins and Ted Gold, were killed when a bomb they were constructing exploded unexpectedly. That bomb had been intended for detonation at a dance that was to be attended by hundreds of Army soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Ayers himself attested that the bomb would have done serious damage,“tearing through windows and walls and, yes, people too.” Notably, Ayers' fingerprints were found at the bomb-making site, along with an assortment of anti-personnel weapons, stabbing implements, C-4 plastic explosive, and dozens of Marxist-Leninist publications.

Whose the dumb f now? Why Real dumb Dave of course!!!!

P.S. Bill Ayers told me face to face that he wrote O'bama's book--he also said that the second O'bama was written by some political hack. Maybe he does lie...what do you think?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927487 Jun 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Mine is evolve. The liberals are always planning to evolve. To work (something) out; devise: "the schemes he evolved to line his purse". The liberals are always scheming. To develop or achieve gradually: evolve. Spoon-fed Communism.
Yes, we must "evolve" in order to "transform" from a free capitalistic society to a government controlled society.

Because Americans who demand government accountability from a newly elected far left liberal are called a "threat to democracy" by this newly elected far left liberal.

Thus, the abuse of power by the IRS is just the beginning of the transformation to a government controlled society.

And what has this president done to denounce this unprecedented abuse of power? He gave them permission in his speeches in 2010.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927488 Jun 19, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>In my life time it was considered a term of endearment to be called sugar, doll, or honey. It never bothered me-- it never bothered me that men whistle either.I do however remember when feminism came out of the closet, and it became dirty for men to do this. Then in the 90's, all the sexual harassment suits, by the femi nazis flooded the courts, for this very same behavior. It created an environment that men could no longer be men. It ruined the work place in many ways. IMO these women started the 'hate men' campaign. I would sooner work for a man any day than a woman. Most feminist hate women and hate men more. It is the way it is.
I am not a feminist in the traditional definition.

But I do not find it flattering to have epithets shouted at me.

You never had a boss hug on you or you would know how cheap this makes you feel and how grateful that there is a law where you can say this is not acceptable. I didn't file a complaint but simply pointed out the wrong behavior.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927489 Jun 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the GOP/Tea Bagger platform
Except the platform is not the KKKs

Prevented this

#927490 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
David Duke. Yep those liberal KKK members choose a far right Republican to be their leader. And Republicans dislike the KKK so much they elected Duke to Congress.
You get dumber everyday, FloriDUH.
The KKK has more in common with the Tea Party than they do the Democrats. If you think today's KKK is not right wing, the you are dumber than I thought - and that would be very GD dumb.
Duke first ran for the Louisiana State Senate as a Democrat from a Baton Rouge district in 1975. He received 11,079 votes, a third of those cast. In 1979, he ran as a Democrat for the 10th District Senate seat and finished second in a three-candidate race with 9,897 votes - In 1988, Duke ran initially in the Democratic presidential primaries. Then he ran as a populist. Then as a Republican. However, the republican party never endorsed him.
June 21, 2012
white supremacist David Duke has endorsed a leading candidate in the Democratic Party’s primary race for a New York House seat.

Duke says he’s endorsing Charles Barron, the leading candidate for the new 8th district primary on June 26, because of their shared enmity toward “zionists.”

Barron is an African-American city politician who has been slammed as an anti-white racist and as a Jew-hater. What more could David Duke want...Barron was a typical liberal.

Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#927491 Jun 19, 2013
<yawn>
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927492 Jun 19, 2013
Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems

Says Chicago is Most Segregated City in America

June 19, 2013 6:53 AM

CHICAGO (CBS)– A day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis (a black woman) had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.

WBBM Newsradio’s Nancy Harty reports, at a luncheon on education reform, Lewis told members of the City Club that Chicago is the most segregated city in America.

“When will there be an honest conversation about poverty and racism and inequality that hinders the delivery of an education product in our school system? When will we address the fact that rich white people think they know what’s in the best interest of children of African-Americans and Latinos, no matter what the parents’ income or education level?” she asked.

Lewis said minority neighborhoods are disproportionately disinvested by the city, and see more foreclosures and school closures.

“It’s as if there were a concerted effort to make sure that these are not walkable, thriving, healthy communities,” she said.

Lewis also blamed banks for driving people out of their homes through illegal foreclosures, resulting in underutilized schools and a smaller tax base.

“If the banks had not crashed our economy, the district would now have nearly $180 million more to invest in our classrooms,” she said.

As for efforts to reform schools, Lewis said CPS should work with teachers to improve schools, and not appointed board members who’ve never stepped foot in a classroom.

“When did all these venture capitalists get so interested in the lives of minority students in the first place? There’s something about these folks who love the kids, but hate their parents,” Lewis said.“As long as the status quo of elites continues to impress upon our district, these horrible policies that may work very well in corporate environments – but are simply not good for children – the Chicago Teachers Union will be portrayed as oppositionists.”

She said inequality has prevented people from embracing more revenue for schools through higher property taxes.

“If you look at the majority of the tax base for property taxes in Chicago, they’re mostly white, who don’t have a real interest in paying for the education of poor black and brown children,” she said.

She offered suggestions for school funding instead of more cuts and layoffs – pointing instead to TIF funds, taxes on commuters and financial trades, and what she called a more equitable tax system to bring in billions of dollars for schools.

Prevented this

#927493 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a feminist in the traditional definition.
But I do not find it flattering to have epithets shouted at me.
You never had a boss hug on you or you would know how cheap this makes you feel and how grateful that there is a law where you can say this is not acceptable. I didn't file a complaint but simply pointed out the wrong behavior.
No one said anything about shouting. The boss I had a problem that hugged everyone was a homosexual woman. I admit she was creepy. But no one was willing to do a damn thing with her. It was not politically correct. I never had problems with men.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927494 Jun 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's church wasn't a Christian church. Let's see if we have anything to back that up.
How about we just say what was being said in those sermons in that so-called "church" Obama was in for 20 years.
"God DAMN America!"
That doesn't sound very Christian to me. That sounds like a radical group with a political agenda disguised as a church...
Wonder if the future president ever heard a sermon about forgiveness in that church?

Seems that would be the message rather than inciting hatred.

Then, of course, there was Father Pfleger, who was a guest speaker in that church, who delighted in belittling Hillary for just being a white women.

But Obama surely wasn't influenced by his "spiritual mentor" or his message of hate and anger towards whites for 20 years.

Right?

Because he did say, after all, that his grandmother was a "typical white person" who reacted negatively to black people when she encountered them on the street.

Oh, wait a minute...a "typical white person" always reacts negatively to black people?

No need for you to answer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927495 Jun 19, 2013
Local Governments Reeling Under Obamacare Costs

Employees Feel the Pain of Obamacare

Here is just a small sampling of local news reports about what local government officials are saying about ObamaCare, and the steps they're taking to avoid or minimize its costs.

Phillipsburg, Kan.: "School administrators here say they are alarmed and confounded by the looming new costs they face with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act," according to the Kaiser Health Institute News Service. Chris Hipp, director of a Kansas special education cooperative, warned that ObamaCare's costs "could put us all out of business or change significantly how we do business," adding that "we are not built to pay full health benefits for noncertified folks who work a little more than 1,000 hours a year."

Dearborn, Mich.: "If we had to provide health care and other benefits to all of our employees, the burden on the city would be tremendous," said Mayor John O'Reilly, explaining why the city is cutting its more than 700 part-time and seasonal workers down to 28 hours a week. "The city is like any private or public employer having to adjust to changes in the law."

Indiana: "What I'm seeing across the state is school districts, unfortunately, having to reduce the hours that they are having some of their folks work, primarily so they don't have to worry about the (ObamaCare) penalties, or they don't have to provide them health insurance, which would be very, very costly," said Dennis Costerison, executive director of the Indiana Association of School Business Officials. Ft. Wayne Community Schools, for example, are cutting yours for nearly three-quarters of its part-time aides.

Omaha, Neb.: "The biggest problem is everyone said that ObamaCare is only going to help cut costs. Nothing could be further from the truth," said Mike Kennedy , who serves on the board of Millard Public Schools, just outside the city, and figures ObamaCare will raise its costs by $400,000. A neighboring school district is reducing hours for up to 281 part-time employees to avoid $2.5 million in new costs, which will result in pay cuts of up to $3,300.

Long Beach, Calif.: "We are in the same boat as many employers," said Tom Modica, Long Beach's director of government affairs. "We need to maintain the programs and service levels we have now." So the city is going to cut hours for 200 part-time workers so it doesn't have to pay $2 million to provide health benefits.

Salt Lake City: "With new provisions in the Affordable Care Act, there was going to be a significant burden upon Granite School District and our taxpayers to offset the cost of benefits," said spokesman Ben Horsley. He says covering the district's part-time workers would cost about $14 million, and so about 1,000 will have their hours cut to 29 a week.

Cape May County, N.J.: "A number of people in the nation who read it are recognizing how detrimental (ObamaCare is) to government and private employers out there," said Gerald Thornton, the county's finance director who is trying to figure out how to budget for the law.

Virginia: "The Commonwealth of Virginia is grappling with the same issues that many businesses in the private sector are as they struggle to deal with the costs imposed by the Affordable Care Act," Paul Logan, a spokesman for Gov. McDonnell, said. The state is requiring that about 7,000 part-time government workers put in no more than 29 hours a week.

Texas: "The Affordable Care Act has added so much complexity and administrative burden that there is nothing affordable about it," said Jared Pope, who is consulting with Texas municipal governments on ObamaCare. Dallas expects its health costs to climb $2.1 million next year. Plano is cutting hours to avoid $1 million in new costs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927496 Jun 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Heat goes to game 7 in Miami!!
Nobody cares.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#927497 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Leo you misspelled this word yesterday and now you are back doing it again.
Don't even consider the dumb "pun" routine.
That has been a running joke on this thread for many years. Leave it alone please.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#927498 Jun 19, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Wall Street Journal
June 6, 2013
President Obama spent months in 2010 warning Americans about the 'threat' to democracy posed by conservative groups right at the time the IRS began targeting these groups.
(Timeline and quotes listed in article.)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Says Kimberley Strassel of WSJ who wrote the article,“Yet we are to believe that a few rogue IRS employees just happened during that time to begin systematically targeting conservative groups?"
...That's what they WANT us to believe. The WSJ and Strassel proved why we shouldn't.
remember the left anxiously hoping that Tea Party protests would become violent (which they weren't), while looking the other way at left leaning OWS pigsty rapefests chock full of criminal activities.

Prevented this

#927499 Jun 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems
Says Chicago is Most Segregated City in America
June 19, 2013 6:53 AM
CHICAGO (CBS)– A day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis (a black woman) had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.
WBBM Newsradio’s Nancy Harty reports, at a luncheon on education reform, Lewis told members of the City Club that Chicago is the most segregated city in America.
“When will there be an honest conversation about poverty and racism and inequality that hinders the delivery of an education product in our school system? When will we address the fact that rich white people think they know what’s in the best interest of children of African-Americans and Latinos, no matter what the parents’ income or education level?” she asked.
Lewis said minority neighborhoods are disproportionately disinvested by the city, and see more foreclosures and school closures.
“It’s as if there were a concerted effort to make sure that these are not walkable, thriving, healthy communities,” she said.
Lewis also blamed banks for driving people out of their homes through illegal foreclosures, resulting in underutilized schools and a smaller tax base.
“If the banks had not crashed our economy, the district would now have nearly $180 million more to invest in our classrooms,” she said.
As for efforts to reform schools, Lewis said CPS should work with teachers to improve schools, and not appointed board members who’ve never stepped foot in a classroom.
“When did all these venture capitalists get so interested in the lives of minority students in the first place? There’s something about these folks who love the kids, but hate their parents,” Lewis said.“As long as the status quo of elites continues to impress upon our district, these horrible policies that may work very well in corporate environments – but are simply not good for children – the Chicago Teachers Union will be portrayed as oppositionists.”
She said inequality has prevented people from embracing more revenue for schools through higher property taxes.
“If you look at the majority of the tax base for property taxes in Chicago, they’re mostly white, who don’t have a real interest in paying for the education of poor black and brown children,” she said.
She offered suggestions for school funding instead of more cuts and layoffs – pointing instead to TIF funds, taxes on commuters and financial trades, and what she called a more equitable tax system to bring in billions of dollars for schools.
It costs 21 thousand per child in the City of Chicago-most of it goes to the commie teachers. A 48% graduation rate with most of them unable to read isn't exactly teaching children up-the curriculum is to teach the children down. They teach more about social justice than they teach about math and reading. There is no reason the entire state should pay for this failure called Chicago Public Schools.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927500 Jun 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Ayers never shot a cop or blew anyone up.
You are either a liar or a dumf*ck.
Dumbass Dave wanted to be a Weatherman, but flunked meteorology.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#927501 Jun 19, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if the future president ever heard a sermon about forgiveness in that church?
Seems that would be the message rather than inciting hatred.
Then, of course, there was Father Pfleger, who was a guest speaker in that church, who delighted in belittling Hillary for just being a white women.
But Obama surely wasn't influenced by his "spiritual mentor" or his message of hate and anger towards whites for 20 years.
Right?
Because he did say, after all, that his grandmother was a "typical white person" who reacted negatively to black people when she encountered them on the street.
Oh, wait a minute...a "typical white person" always reacts negatively to black people?
No need for you to answer.
Free thinking people such as Obama, myself, other non-rightwingers, are not as easily influenced as people like you. So when you hear others speak you don't just take it up as your own. So if you listened to a preacher or spoke with Socialist it doesn't define someone and does not mean you have taken up their cause or even agree with them or in a preacher's case everything they say.
I recognize Fox News viewers are the antithesis of this.

Have they posted videos of all the sermons from the 20 years or are they just cherry-picking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 70,996
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min Grau 68,881
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 181,755
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 3 hr LOL 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 4,913
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr Le Duped 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr market indicators 98,836
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web