Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#927193 Jun 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, as you may have noticed, those who have selective reading comprehension are claiming these women are really "moslums", not "jews" as the article claims. The fact that we have progressed beyond the 1960's and israel hasn't speaks volumes about that country's backwardness in civil rights.
The article does, however, have some flaws in it's claim that the forced sterilization of women by the Indian and Puerto Rican Health Services were sanctioned by the United States. Guess the writer of the article needs a history lesson.
Sure free birth control for all. Israel doesn't have the propaganda machine of you liberals. Israel is not forcing sterilizations either. America liberals were the leaders of those: California's dark legacy of forced sterilizations.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/15/health/californ...

Totalitarianism, American-Style; Forced Sterilization - See more at: http://www.thepaltrysapien.com/2011/06/totali...

While I’m thinking of America’s shameful history of convict-leasing, this bit of news is reminder that the good ol’ US of A in the very recent past intruded into the most intimate sphere any citizen will ever know, her womb. The forced sterilization of women was conducted under the most ridiculous of pretexts (such as promiscuity) and was massive (over 64,000 forced sterilizations in 33 states from the 1920s to 1980s). I hate to go all Goodwin’s Law on people, but Nazi officials charged with crimes against humanity for their even more massive forced sterilization program (400,000) argued they were only following the lead of the US. Which is true–the US had the first campaign of state-imposed sterilization and maintained it for far longer than any other country (the last forced sterilization occurred in Oregon in 1981!). Hitler was quite taken by California’s program, which was massive and accounted for nearly 1/3 of all forced sterilizations in the US.-

In the early 1970s, an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 low-income individuals were annually subjected to sterilization under federally funded programs. As of 1982, 15 percent of white women had been sterilized, compared with 24 percent of African-American women, 35 percent of Puerto Rican women, and 42 percent of Native American women (DeFine, Micheal Sullivan). In 1968 more than one-third of women didn't comprehend that sterilization through tubal ligation and tube tying was not just a form of contraception but an irreversible procedure.

Hundreds of North Carolina women sterilized against their will each set to receive $50k compensation
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
UPDATED: 17:07 EST, 10 January 2012

People sterilized against their will under a discredited North Carolina state programme should each be paid $50,000, a task force voted today.
This would mark the first time a state has moved to compensate victims of a once-common public health practice called eugenics.
The panel recommended that the money go to verified, living victims, including those who are alive now but may die before the lawmakers approve any compensation.(these appear to be black.)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20848...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927194 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea? Really?
Its 'cause the NRA convinced the mouth breathers that Obama was coming to take their guns in the wake of Sandy Hook. I was surrounded by guys at work online daily buying all the guns and ammo they could no matter how well I explained to them that the tepid gun control legislation moving through Congress didn't stand a chance.
And, let's see: are they coming to take the guns? No.
Did the legislation pass? No.
Chock one up for Tenzing's amazing powers of precognition and one up for the NRA getting the suckers to quadruple prices and one for the gun industry for reaping the benefit of those sales and a big fat ZERO for the idiots who fell for it.
Does not change the fact there is no ammo available.

Past purchases should not so drastically affect current supplies.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#927195 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Galt was independent.
Why would you or anyone else be so lazy that they refuse to verify info for themselves?
That's a stupid assumption. Of course I check sources, that's how I know those sites are pretty reliable. Galt is no independent, I've known him for a long time and while he often espouses principles seemingly abhorrent to the GOP he's a steady GOP voter.

Location hidden

#927196 Jun 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
File it with the prediction that some federal judge will rule that healthcare is a right for all and that Obamacare must include illegal aliens. Then Obama will decline to appeal the ruling.
Just how big is the ass you pulled THAT out of?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927197 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhh, no. You need to get down to the South more. The cities line up pretty much the same as in the North. People with different colored skin and different cultural values still don't like each other much no matter where they are. Its a survival mechanism from when we wore animal pelts to keep warm.
Galt was referring to housing, extremely segregated in many Northern cities.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927198 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't replace anybody with anybody and that's kind of the key to insuring that future generations don't hate you and take your citizens hostage or fly jets into your skyscrapers.
We created al Qaeda, we not only trained and armed them but we taught them to hate us. Without us they wouldn't have existed. Now, what national interest was served?
I am sure the mid-East Muslims would agree with your description of them being mindless, void of feelings and without ethics prior to the arrival of the US.

The mid-east are a bunch of tribes that have fought with each other over land and over is it Sunni or Shitte for centuries in a very ruthless manner. They knew hate and violence way before the intrusion of the outside world.

Really?

Did you forget so quickly bin Landen was friends of the West before he wasn't.

The Koran tells followers how to treat those who are not

- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever
you find them

- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your
friends

- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures"
and thus deserve no mercy

They were already taught to hate us.

Location hidden

#927199 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans didn't leave the blacks. The blacks left them when a democrat persuaded them to go on a diffferent kind of plantation.
Considering blacks were at a disadvantage in the job market, it's hard to blame them.
But don't blame Republicans. They still want them to have the opportunities they were denied to live free and independently of democrat dependency.
Every black was once a republican. The first blacks elected into office until 1935 were republicans.
Can't brag like that when it comes to democrats.
I know that (what little of it is true anyway) and it WAS one of the better qualities of the GOP. However, when the GOP seized the south in the wake of CRA passage they got all the racism part and parcel. Tragic really.

PS: The modern GOP just loves their Uncle Toms like West and Cain. Their minstrel antics are just SO darned entertaining!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#927200 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhh, no. You need to get down to the South more. The cities line up pretty much the same as in the North. People with different colored skin and different cultural values still don't like each other much no matter where they are. Its a survival mechanism from when we wore animal pelts to keep warm.
Not really-the major cities in the North are the most segregated.
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-segregate...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927201 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid assumption. Of course I check sources, that's how I know those sites are pretty reliable. Galt is no independent, I've known him for a long time and while he often espouses principles seemingly abhorrent to the GOP he's a steady GOP voter.
Galt is a Conservative and votes for the most fiscally conservative candidate.

Perhaps your party would do better if they focused on smaller government instead of legalizing pot.

Location hidden

#927202 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the LOC interpretation rather than yours.
"The second part requires the President to consult with Congress before introducing U.S. armed forces into hostilities or situations where hostilities are imminent, and to continue such consultations as long as U.S. armed forces remain in such situations (50 USC Sec. 1542). "
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/war-powers.php
You are wrong and calling names makes you look more dumb.
Read more, it will tell you the WPA doesn't apply if there's a congressional authorization for the use of force or declaration of war. Bush had his authorization.

Stupid ninny pants!
LNC Llin

United States

#927203 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Which GOP?
Carols and Galt's often seem opposed.
republicans fighting republicans is proof of God existing !

Location hidden

#927204 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what he said:
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Racists remained, switched from Southern Democrats to Republican.
Strom T.
This is what you replied:
Strom Thurmond was never in the kkk... you idiot...
Do you misunderstand EVERY post you read or do you just project what you WISHED the poster had posted.
I'm on the fence on this one. Don't know if you're really that retarded or just that wishful. You don't sound like a complete idiot but you certainly think like one.
DIsregard.

Disregard.

I confused Whatever with Floriduh whom I have a policy of never reading or responding to. My humblest apologies to Whatever for confusing him with the single stupidest entity on this thread.

Location hidden

#927205 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be an alter ego for Dave.
This whole series of posts between us was based on you telling someone not to post any comments on your posts.
Just like Dave-you will deny it, name call and what the heck throw in some OMGS while you are it.
You're making that up. I said that if you were going to join in a discussion make sure you understand what the discussion was about or don't be offended if you're thought an idiot because your contribution was thought completely idiotic for being so far removed from the topic.

Not in those words but similar ones and I'm pretty sure they were in English.

Until you can support these allegations with proof I will henceforth regard them as poopy-poop from a poopy-mouth.

Location hidden

#927206 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to the question "Why is north urban democrat?"
Let me simplify the "gobblydgook" for you.
The Great Migration - the relocation of more than 6 million African Americans from the South to cities in the North, Midwest and West - occurred during 1916 to 1970.
It had a huge impact on urban life in the United States.
Chicago, New York and other cities saw their black populations expand exponentially.
The social challenges of a new black urban culture would exert enormous influence in the decades to come.
http://www.history.com/topics/great-migration
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/973...
Pick a source. Any questions?
Blah blah blah, the black migration to the North is only news to you. Everybody else got it in High School History.
LNC Llin

United States

#927207 Jun 18, 2013
OK OK

republicans fighting republicans may be proof of Divine Intervention :-)

Location hidden

#927208 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No smugness here.
One source - "thousands" of interpretations of the source.
Better?
No, thousands of sources for God(s).

Location hidden

#927209 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Well, gotta go watch O'Reilly.
Might learn something about the oppositions point of view.
Even though Obama can never be trusted.
Ha!

"O'Reilly" and "learn" ... least you didn't use them in the same sentence.

Think Jesus would have given you demerits for that.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927210 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct result, wrong cause. Racist Southern Democrats switched to the GOP out of disgust for Northern and Western Democrat's support of the CRA. Are you trying to say that Southerners suddenly gave up centuries of bigotry just so they could become Republicans? If that doesn't sound retarded to you then its because you can't give it any contrast.
You are attempting to claim that the CRA suddenly made Dem leaders who had centuries of bigotry behind them like Gore and Byrd suddenly not racist?

The Southern Dems did not suddenly become Reps. There was a variety of causes for the Southern shift. 1) Black population moving away from the South 2) Rejection of Dem leaders policies of the past 3) non-racial policies such as taxes and spending

To claim that the Southern Dems switched parties because they were racist is a NJ fantasy trip in his lame attempt to outrun the history of Southern Dems. It was childish on NJ part and I find it amusing how many Progressives rushed in to join in with it. Check out who pushed through the CRA -hint it wasn't the Dems voting as bloc to support it.

Location hidden

#927211 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're supposed to applaud people who make a change for the better.
Thurmond appointed an African American to his staff, the first member of the South Carolinian congressional delegation, and supported legislation to make the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. a federal holiday.
Can't anyone do anything right from your point of view?
Probably so he could have sex with them ...

Look, minor acts that effect one person don't wipe clean a career of acts that effect millions. Thurmond was a segregationist his whole political life. See, he had to become a modern Republican 'cause that just wasn't cool in the Democratic party after the 60's.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#927212 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to the question "Why is north urban democrat?"
Let me simplify the "gobblydgook" for you.
The Great Migration - the relocation of more than 6 million African Americans from the South to cities in the North, Midwest and West - occurred during 1916 to 1970.
It had a huge impact on urban life in the United States.
Chicago, New York and other cities saw their black populations expand exponentially.
The social challenges of a new black urban culture would exert enormous influence in the decades to come.
http://www.history.com/topics/great-migration
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/973...
Pick a source. Any questions?
Yea, & the part you're leaving out continuously is Southern Democrats 1st had a change in ideology when Lincoln freed the slaves. That's when the 1st wave of Southern Democrats converted to Republican. The ideology of the 2 parties were at battle when LBJ & the new deal converted even more Democrats to the Republican party. When Nixon & the Southern Strategy emerged, nearly the entire party of Southern Democrats/Dixiecrats & Northern conservatives made up nearly the whole of the Republican party so, again you're wrong Bettie Lou!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 1 hr Bob Guchione 1
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Blow-up STAR News 81
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 3 hr Mortimer Fish 1
Amy 9-16 3 hr Kuuipo 35
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr punte 46,608
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 177,989
iso Casandra Holloman 6 hr ThatGuyFromDanceC... 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr cheluzal 98,213
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••