Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1235064 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#927357 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What's wrong with you bro? You said I said all republicans were racist & I didn't. Secondly, that's a conversation you started. That had nothing to do with what we were talking about in the beginning. I never said anyone was racist in the beginning of this conversation. You drifted onto the topic of racism & I will admit was dumb but I entertained the convo. How you gonna tag something I just wrote & use it to say I said something in the beginning of the conversation that I didn't say? Try another one bro, you tripping!
I am not a bro.

So, I was asking you to clarify and instead you stated that yes it proved your racist theory. No one trapped or forced you to say that.

I have posted your reference to racism before I even entered the conversation and other Dem Brain Trust enjoined your battle declaring Southern Republicans are racist in those words. I can re-post it again as your denials are many.

You said it and in your last post to Betty you repeated it. Read your post again and tell us how that does not say Southern Republicans are racist.

First, you lost the "I never called anyone racist" claim with your first sentence.

Second, you repeated your claim that racist Dems switched party lines to become racist Reps -"the only difference is they switched party lines".

If you fail to understand what your words mean then you have some major problems.

However, your denial game leaves you appearing dishonest.

As I stated before. You would have been better off remaining silent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927358 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I went to McDonalds for breakfast. Leaving out I saw a white at the drive thru. Me being me, I said something to her along the lines of "what up babygirl." My cousin from the South tells me," yo chill boy, they don't play that shit down here!" I look around & folks both black & white were looking at my like I was crazy. I never did it sharing the rest of the time I was down there. Ain't nothing change down South but the party lines!
Crude and inappropriate behavior on your part is no excuse to accuse others of racism. Time to clean up your act, or at least learn that ghetto behavior is not acceptable in the broader society.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927359 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No one swapped anything.
So how WOULD you react if you overheard a white young man say "what up babygirl" to a black young woman?
It's important to know since you said that and it's telling as to the reaction you received.
In other words, could your perception of racism have simply been the reaction of an inappropriate remark on your part?
Agree.

Men should not be calling a stranger "baby girl"

I object to honey, sweet cheeks-that one is really lame, sugar, and doll too.

I am not a food item or an object.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927360 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
Men should not be calling a stranger "baby girl"
I object to honey, sweet cheeks-that one is really lame, sugar, and doll too.
I am not a food item or an object.
Enough to get one fired at work (unless one had a thug union for defense).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#927362 Jun 18, 2013
Goodnight all! This is obviously the 60 crowd. Tomorrow!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#927363 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
Mötley Crüe - Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

;~)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#927364 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
But, no one would don a giant floppy Jump Drive and think they were making a major political point doing so.
Hard Drives and politics go together rather well.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#927365 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
He can be quite condescending and annoying at times...that's true.
I can, too, but my overriding and saving grace is my warm and compassionate way of doing so:]

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#927366 Jun 18, 2013
Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory Explains Why He Became a Republican
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I didn’t want you to miss this.

Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory (R-Opelousas) explains why he recently switched from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party. He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854. Guillory talks about how the welfare state is only a mechanism for politicians to control the black community.
Video here. Transcript below. Perfect.

http://blog.chron.com/texassparkle/2013/06/lo...

MAKE IT VIRAL: Black Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory explains why he became a Republican
This has to be one of the most powerful ‘ads’ I’ve ever seen on what it means to be a Republican. But even more than that, Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory explains why, as a black man, leaving the Democratic Party and becoming a Republican was absolutely the right choice and not nearly as tough as some have suggested.

I am deeming this a MUST WATCH because it’s fantastic:

http://therightscoop.com/make-it-viral-black-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#927367 Jun 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayers was born wealthy, the son of the Chairman and CEO of Commonwealth Edison.
That's one helluva lot of breast milk of capitalism, alright.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927369 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
Age has no relationship to your obviously uncivilized behavior.

Best that you don't stray far from your comfort zone.

Normal people might take offense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#927371 Jun 18, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Bettie Lou must be like Lynne Cheney. She lost more history than she taught.
I think 'twist' is the more accurate word.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#927372 Jun 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one helluva lot of breast milk of capitalism, alright.
Enough to get Ayers off the hook for terrorism and murder.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#927373 Jun 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Theft Wears A Happy Face!
I'm accustomed to muggers wearing a nasty face and barking at me while they ram the gun barrel into my back.
This is new. It's Magic Negro Time!
Yes, I'm sure you're used to your group by now son.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#927374 Jun 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You made my point for me.
Not condoning what Thurmond did before he had a change of heart and after switching parties. But you can't very well criticize Thurmond and not Robert Byrd.
Robert Byrd was a bigwig in the KKK. Imagine some of the things he must have done.
But he was a respected democrat until he died.
he wasn't no bigwig just a recruiter but he was a member in the 2nd KKK it was between the 2nd kkk & the 3rd kkk generation when trying gain momentum after the fallout of the 2nd kkk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927375 Jun 18, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>he wasn't no bigwig just a recruiter but he was a member in the 2nd KKK it was between the 2nd kkk & the 3rd kkk generation when trying gain momentum after the fallout of the 2nd kkk.
A recruiter sounds bad enough.

Byrd always knew how to make an offer most couldn't refuse.

His main campaign slogan was "I bring home the bacon to WV -you know I do."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#927376 Jun 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Lying through your buck teeth again huh! I never said all republicans are racist. I said you Republican assholes on this thread don't hide your racism. Did I lie or something? You're a racist surrounded by a bunch of Negro flingers as back ups. It's in you. It's not something you can disregard to fit in with everyday people. Your racism shows it's had in every post!
So have the troops come back yet?
Obama is in Afghanistan looking for oil.
Or maybe it is Bush.
Our men are going to war instead of going to college
and enjoying their life. It is human trafficking.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#927379 Jun 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Age has no relationship to your obviously uncivilized behavior.
Best that you don't stray far from your comfort zone.
Normal people might take offense.
Normal people? Your retarded & outta touch with modern society. This is not the 40s, 50s,, 60s!! The white female didn't take offense asshole, the spectators did. Those that had nothing to do with nothing. Babygirl is no different than sweetheart or saying ma to Puerto Rican females. There's a whole, in fact quite a few generations that walk, talk &, dress like me. They say babygirl sweetheart or ma, not outta disrespect but, in fact the opposite. We don't ask fathers for their daughters hands in marriage. We live nothing like you but, that's normal to us! Don't ever get divorced! You'll be alone for the rest of your life!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#927380 Jun 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Now explain to me how I am putting words in your mouth when I state
NJ is claiming Southern Republicans are racist and maybe all Republicans are.
You're an idiot.

NJ said the racist Democrats became Republicans. That does not mean all Southern Republicans are racist unless you claim that all Democrats from the South that changed parties were racist (not true) and the only Republicans in the South are the racist Democrats that changed parties( again not true).

NJ is right. You are a liar.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#927381 Jun 19, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It just gets my dander up when liberals misrepresent the Republican Party as racists.
It's the big lie perpetrated by Democrats who want to keep the black vote.
That lie gets my dander up too.
It not calling all Republicans racist. Its the Republican Party accepting racists under their tent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min ritedownthemiddle 53,544
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Guru 190,427
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 1 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 17
Abby May 29 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
News 2 dead, 13 hurt in city shootings 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr not a ghost 5,250
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr not a ghost 6,016
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]