Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236343 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#927232 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Another OReilyphobe
"phobe", not likely, I'm rarely afraid of anything stupider than me.

Location hidden

#927233 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are as insane as NJ in your hatred of anyone who is not part of the Progressive party.
Now we all know you are projecting with all your inane stupid, idiot, etc comments.
Uhhh, that was a reference to the acknowledged fact that Thurmond fcked his black maid and had a daughter by her.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#927234 Jun 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”-- Lyndon B. Johnson

IYt's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#927235 Jun 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know Lincoln was Republican and it was the Dems who fought changes that allowed blacks more freedoms after the war. How does this fit into racist theory?
IT is glaring apparent that you do not know history and when you are refereed to resources on history that you refuse to read the material.
It is obvious that you are wanting to stay willfully ignorant so you may continue to stick with an unsupported viewpoint.
Lincoln himself said if he could end the war without ending slavery he would so it fits right into my racist theory!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#927236 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep teasing carol about being with Orally in the Oval Office with Lincoln, but she never gets it...I didn't think that even Texas textbooks could be that stupid.

Location hidden

#927237 Jun 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
made = maid (although it could be a pun, it's a really disgusting one)
Did you have your baby? I've kinda been in and out so out of touch lately. Had another grandbaby myself last week. Well, I didn't my daughter did but nothin' in the rules says I can't take credit.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#927238 Jun 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Strom Thurmond raped and impregnated the family's black made the same year that Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby." (Maher) Of course, you'll be glad to know he was a democrat when he committed the crime; he didn't become a Republican until 1964. lol
family's black made the same year??

You are a complete dumbass, you are too unconscious and stupid to know the difference you blind fool...

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#927239 Jun 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I keep teasing carol about being with Orally in the Oval Office with Lincoln, but she never gets it...I didn't think that even Texas textbooks could be that stupid.
That would be the pre-Oval Office right?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#927240 Jun 18, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I keep teasing carol about being with Orally in the Oval Office with Lincoln, but she never gets it...I didn't think that even Texas textbooks could be that stupid.
You are an idiot lily..You are too stupid to be anything else..

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927241 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, which right wing islamophobic site did you cull those gems from? I've read the Koran, the first quote is the only one that might be correct. You haven't read it and haven't "checked your sources" so get busy.
As for your first sentence ... you're implication is juvenile, I never said anything remotely resembling that. As long as you keep trying to put words in my mouth I will treat you as the idiot you present yourself to be. If you want to change that, bring an honest argument. Otherwise, quit whining about the ridicule.
My post-
"I am sure the mid-East Muslims would agree with your description of them being mindless, void of feelings and without ethics prior to the arrival of the US."

I stand by my statement as your claim was the mid-East Muslims were void of opinions about the Western world and void of any hate towards those unlike them until the US made them hate us and taught them how to fight.

If you don't want your comments to imply negative images about the people you were attempting to defend then don't imply they were void of an historical cultural background, religious teachings and did not have feelings of hate and mistrust towards Western governments held for centuries.

Muslims make no apologies for the passages so why are you?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#927242 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Lincoln himself said if he could end the war without ending slavery he would so it fits right into my racist theory!
It bothers most when you dumbass project racism and slavery on the Republicans when the demoKrats still have you in chains NJ raider...

The KKK and demoKrats would have committed suicide if Herman Cain was elected President

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927243 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Lincoln himself said if he could end the war without ending slavery he would so it fits right into my racist theory!
Let me try to understand your twisted logic here.

The Southern Dems attempted to break away from the Union because they did not want to give up slavery. So Southern Dems switching to Rep makes them racist.

Now for a historical look at Lincoln's opinion on slavery-
"Lincoln often expressed moral opposition to slavery in public and private.[1] Initially, he expected to bring about the eventual extinction of slavery by stopping its further expansion into any U.S. territory, and by proposing compensated emancipation (an offer Congress applied to Washington, D.C.) in his early presidency. Lincoln stood by the Republican Party platform in 1860, which stated that slavery should not be allowed to expand into any more territories. Lincoln believed that the extension of slavery in the South, Mid-west, and Western lands would inhibit "free labor on free soil". In the 1850s, Lincoln was politically attacked as an abolitionist, but he did not consider himself one; he did not call for the immediate end of slavery everywhere in the U.S. until the proposed 13th Amendment became part of his party platform for the 1864 election."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927245 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Phobe is an irrational fear.

There is no intellect involved. For example someone being a OReilyphobe.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#927247 Jun 18, 2013
Well, even though we're all real serious about politics, most of us have a sense of humor too.

This was so funny to me.

(If anyone watches it, let me know. I have a comment but will save it for later.)
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927248 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this? I don't even read NJ's posts.
Then it is a case of you introducing yourself into my and Carol's conversation with NJ without knowing what was the central issue of the dispute.

NJ's thesis is all Southern Republicans are racist and leaning towards making this a blanket statement about all Reps

Do you concur or disagree?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#927249 Jun 18, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>seems you missed the entire article. The United States did the same thing--only to her citizens. So about those anchor babies?
This is the 21st century. It is a shame that the zionist leaders of israel have chosen to adopt the genocidal policies of Nazi Germany. Unlike the United States which was disgusted by Hitler and pretty much stopped forced sterilization of the mentally ill and prisoners after World War I.(Except, of course, for the backwards Southern States which actully practiced eugenics up until the 60's.) Still, we have advanced in our fight for civil rights. Israel has not. That is a FACT.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#927250 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, that was a reference to the acknowledged fact that Thurmond fcked his black maid and had a daughter by her.
LBJ fcked the black man and made idiots out of them you dumbass...

It's the culture..
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927251 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Lying through your buck teeth again huh! I never said all republicans are racist. I said you Republican assholes on this thread don't hide your racism. Did I lie or something? You're a racist surrounded by a bunch of Negro flingers as back ups. It's in you. It's not something you can disregard to fit in with everyday people. Your racism shows it's had in every post!
Hello,

I just ask you how Lincoln fit into your Southern Racist theory and you insisted that they where because Lincoln did not want to abolish slavery-not actually historically correct. Now you want to claim Non sequetor?

This started with a comment about the less than attractive history of Southern Dems in the fifties and sixties.

You then flew in and attempted to claim the racist Dems than became racist Reps after the civil rights movement.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927252 Jun 18, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
Here is your response just on the last page to the comment below-

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"You do know Lincoln was Republican and it was the Dems who fought changes that allowed blacks more freedoms after the war. How does this fit into racist theory?"
Whatever

Gering, NE

#927253 Jun 18, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 min boundary painter 1,394
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 9 min boundary painter 429
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 14 min boundary painter 8,053
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Navy Brat 189,864
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,593
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr James 51,763
amy 6-2 1 hr Mister Tonka 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]