Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
850,781 - 850,800 of 1,096,626 Comments Last updated 49 min ago
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

The federal surveillance programs revealed in media reports are just "the tip of the iceberg," a House Democrat said Wednesday.

Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Calif.) said lawmakers learned "significantly more" about the spy programs at the National Security Agency (NSA) during a briefing on Tuesday with counterterrorism officials.

"What we learned in there," Sanchez said, "is significantly more than what is out in the media today."

Lawmakers are barred from revealing the classified information they receive in intelligence briefings, and Sanchez was careful not to specify what members might have learned about the NSA's work.

"I can't speak to what we learned in there, and I don't know if there are other leaks, if there's more information somewhere, if somebody else is going to step up, but I will tell you that I believe it's the tip of the iceberg," she said.

Sanchez's remarks on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" came a day after House lawmakers were briefed by national security officials on clandestine data collection programs.

The briefing was meant to convince lawmakers that the surveillance programs are legal and necessary in fighting counterterrorism — an argument President Obama and other administration officials have made.

Lawmakers demanded the briefings after revelations last week about the NSA's collection of phone records and Internet data, and Sanchez said lawmakers were "astounded" by what they heard.

"I think it's just broader than most people even realize, and I think that's, in one way, what astounded most of us, too," Sanchez said of the briefing.

WHEN OBAMA LEAVES OFFICE WILL HIS SUPPORTERS RETURN TO WE SHALL OVER COME NO JUSTICE NO PEACE but who cares no one will be listening this time around so go ahead its almost over and it aint been good for you funny before obama BLACKS HAD THEIR HANDS OUT TO EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT FUNNY this one they want nothing from
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A high schooler who can't be removed from the classroom is much more difficult to deal with when teaching a classroom of high schoolers - which my sister had to deal with - than an effective discipline system in an elementary classroom - which is much easier to do.
So what would you do with a high schooler disrupting your classroom who thought they were beyond being disciplined and you had no support system whatsoever?
This should be interesting anyway.
The theory is that suspending a student for insubordination/bad behavior is a reward for bad behavior.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Secretary of State asking what difference does it make that an ambassador and three Americans are dead and me asking you what difference my 401k made 20 years ago...
Nevermind, I'm trying to reason with a liberal.
It was your retirement, not a 401K twenty some years ago, you fool...please try to show just a smidgen of versimilitude. You still in that Oval office with Lincoln and Orally? BTW, Hillary ask what difference did the CAUSE of the terrorist action make not the FACT that four Americans, one of them a close personal friend, were dead.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>How about the factory owner who managed to sneak an additional three floors onto his factory, roughly doubling it's size.
No one noticed that the building got taller or that 1000 more people began showing up there for work daily.
And we buy the sht those poor bastardos make, wear it once then toss it or maybe use it to wipe our azzes with after we crap in clean water.
GOD bless the USA!
An neoprene!
Realtime supports sending troops to Bangladesh to force the government to create and enforce a building code.

Alternately, Realtime would have the US prohibit all imports from Bangladesh, starving the people instead.

With the unintended consequence of cutting off our future supply of doctors for Obamacare.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

ABC News: Girl gang violence at Philadelphia school.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/girl-gang-viol...

And there's plenty more where that came from.

In a series of annual publications produced jointly by the National Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Education Sciences in the U.S. Department of Education, and the Bureau of Justice Statistics in the U.S. Department of Justice, data show that there were 33 school-associated violent deaths from July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010. In 2010, among students ages 12-18, there were about 828,000 nonfatal victimizations at school which include 470,000 victims of theft and 359,000 victims of violence (simple assault and serious violence). In 2009-10, about 74 percent of public schools recorded one or more violent incidents of crime, 16 percent recorded one or more serious violent incidents, and 44 percent recorded one or more thefts.

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/r...

It's gotten worse since 2009-2010.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

WHY DONT WE VALUE BLACK SCIENTISTS AS much as the ball player,the minstrels,the preacher,the gangster,the politician, the stripper,why is the image of the EDUCATED African American not the one celebrated in the community but you accept the images that comes out of hollywood, there was a time when the musicians would not do ads for liqure companies well sell outs are sell outs and are supported by sell outs im glad I sold out way before OBAMA I wouldnt let a SUBURBAN LIBERAL HUSTLER HUSTLE ME lolololol the urban democrats gets PIMPED
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The fkn guy wasn't practicing, he worked for the engineering department in a supervisory role, hardhat, truck, shovel, motorola radio, state credit card. He wasn't signing plans you stupid fk.
Most of the state of PA mining engineers of 40 years ago weren't degreed engineers either but inherited the jobs from the dads, uncles etc.
Now go play with your trollmates.
Summary of posts-

RT- I know a person working as an engineer without a license

G- There are fines for doing so

RT- I lied he wasn't a practicing as engineer just working for the engineering dept. See my lying made you a troll.

ROFMAO

RealTime, you are such a complete idiot!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Still illegal to call oneself an "Engineer" without being licensed.
It would be legal, however, for his title to be "Supervisor, Engineering Department."
Pull your head out of your azz you stupid fk__auto train engineer, CSX engineer, hotel or building engineer.

I'm done on the subject. You're much too fkn stupid for any honest discussion.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
The median wealth of white households is 20 times that of black households. Researchers found that the exact same resume for the exact same job application will get twice as many call-backs for interviews if the name on the resume is “Greg” instead of “Jamal”. School districts spend more on predominantly white schools than predominantly black schools. The fact that black workers earn, on average, 35% less than white workers in the same jobs isn’t erased by the election of an African American president, one who, by the way, openly praises the role of affirmative action in his life and accomplishments.
As for Abigail Fisher, there is ample evidence that she just wasn’t qualified to get into the University of Texas. After all, her grades weren’t that great and the year she applied for UT, admissions there were actually more competitive than Harvard. In its court filings, the University has pointed out that even if Fisher received a point for race, she still wouldn’t have met the threshold for admissions. Yes, it is true that the same year, UT made exceptions and admitted some students with lower grades and test scores than Fisher. Five of those students were black or Latino. Forty-two were white.
AND THEY COME ON TOPIX PRETENDING LIKE THEY ARE EDUMACATED THEY DONT EVEN QUALIFY FOR Affirmative Action
Wealth is created by disciplined saving and investment.

Parents who choose to give their children inappropriate names have only themselves to blame.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understad it's tough being a dumbass Tea Party member but Egypt has not declared war on theUnited States.
The black flag was also adopted by some groups fighting for Libyan rebels not associated with Al Qaeda.
You're an idiot.
President Mohammed Morsi gathered a group of politicians last week who thought they were speaking privately at a parliamentary meeting. They didn't realize they were speaking in the proximity of a hot mike. Magdi Ahmad Hussein, chairman of the Islamic Labor Party, suggested that all present vow not to leak any information to the media, then said this:
"I’m very fond of battles. With the enemies, of course – with America and Israel...."
The president of Egypt is in the room and part of the conversation, you idiot.

You reached way up your ass for this:
"The black flag was also adopted by some groups fighting for Libyan rebels not associated with Al Qaeda."
Bullshit. That black flag is the standard for the Wahhabist war against anything opposed to Wahhabism.
Al Qaeda is merely just one terrorist organization that is part of the Wahhabist network of terrorist organizations... now pay attention here... coordinated by the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Muslim Brotherhood is at war with the United States.
The Muslim Brotherhood has a permenant presence in the White House.
The Muslim Brotherhood controls the government of Egypt.
The Muslim Brotherhood openly discusses their war with the United States when they think they aren't being heard.

So, please tell us why you joined the terrorists in their war against the United States, and are doing the same thing here Obama did when he lied for two weeks trying to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States.
Why are you a terrorist?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong liar, all groups both conservative and liberal were subject to the same scrutiny and only progressive groups were denied tax exempt status.
You're an idiot DB!
Let me see-

IRS IG report states that the IRS were targeting groups for having 'Tea Party' or 'Patriot' in their names.

All news media reports the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

FBI investigating the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS.

Yep, Dupont, you are really on top of that story
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Your sister wanted the office to do her job?
Kids can't learn sitting in an office.
Your sister was just too dumb to handle a child.
Teachers and students just cuss each other out nowadays.

There once was a time when unruly students were sent to the office, taken care off in an expedient manner, and came back to the classroom a bit more humbled and ready to learn. Parents once used to support teachers and educators who cared enough to teach their child what was and was not acceptable behaviors so they would be socially functional in the real world.

But you prefer students and teachers cussing out each other, I know.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pull your head out of your azz you stupid fk__auto train engineer, CSX engineer, hotel or building engineer.
I'm done on the subject. You're much too fkn stupid for any honest discussion.
Realtime probably supports physician assistants being called "doctors."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Obama and Putin hold a press conference today.
Putin looks more bored than anything.
Because he can't steal from Obama like he did from Kraft.

And that's his 'presidential' look!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're dismissing the point . Bush authorized data mining and collection of Americans phone records and internet traffic WITHOUT Congressional approval, oversight ,or any judicial review of the Intelligence-gathering process. Get it now? Or;are you going to argue now that Bush never did those illegal things?
You're dismissing the point. Let's go over this again, for the very, very stupid people in the class. You may need to write this down.

BUSH ISN'T THE PRESIDENT TODAY. BUSH HASN'T BEEN THE PRESIDENT FOR MORE THAN FOUR GODDAM YEARS. OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT TODAY. OBAMA HAS BEEN PRESIDENT FOR MORE THAN FOUR GODDAM YEARS.

So, why is it you're talking about Bush?
RISM didn't exist when Bush was president. And, the Patriot Act which all you Democrats pretended to hate until you could use it, would not allow the unconstitutional spying this excuse for an administration is doing.

So, since it's very obvious this administration is preparing for a large-scale war with the American population, and ignoring the muslim terrorists here while importing nobody knows how many more from Saudi Arabia, and excluding muslims (thus muslimi terrorists) from being spied upon, and is spying wholesale on the non-muslim population....
Tell us who will be the enemy in the war Obama and the administration is preparing for in the United States.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:

...the year she applied for UT, admissions there were actually more competitive than Harvard....
Absolute horsecrap.
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
The oppressed middle class, with no more money left after taxes finds relief and low prices at Walmart!
Thank's God for Walmart!
PS: Walmart can ONLY sell low thanks to their NON-UNION stand! Looks like NON-UNION is the way to go!
Wrong you vomitous cretin! Wal-Mart keeps their prices low because they buy their goods from countries that pay slave wages and subject their workers to unsafe working conditions and pay their own workers such crap wages that most of them are eligible for food stamps.
Costco also sells goods for low prices and their workers are unionized. This country's economy was at its best when union was more of the norm than the exception before Ronald Reagan cut the legs out from under them and the middle class.
You're an idiot!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory is that suspending a student for insubordination/bad behavior is a reward for bad behavior.
The theory used to be behavioral problems became the parents' problem if they didn't want their child to have a warm fanny.

If parents had to leave work and take care of their own undisciplined children or figure out what to do with their child after they were suspended for a few days, there'd be a heckuva decrease in disciplinary problems in the public schools.

I guarantee it.

Sending kids to "detention" to get out of the classroom IS a reward.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure can :)
Teachers are made out to be the bad guys anymore.
WE have to get "control" of the students!
Someway, somehow .
Parents are afraid to do much, with Social Services, CPS agents
breathing DOWN their necks!
Government CONTROL again!
Family courts & CPS agents RUINED this country!
It's really not that complicated.

Children respect adults who keep them from pushing the envelope.

It's really that simple.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealth is created by disciplined saving and investment.
Parents who choose to give their children inappropriate names have only themselves to blame.
YES true words

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••