Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926386 Jun 17, 2013
ABC News: Girl gang violence at Philadelphia school.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/girl-gang-viol...

And there's plenty more where that came from.

In a series of annual publications produced jointly by the National Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Education Sciences in the U.S. Department of Education, and the Bureau of Justice Statistics in the U.S. Department of Justice, data show that there were 33 school-associated violent deaths from July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010. In 2010, among students ages 12-18, there were about 828,000 nonfatal victimizations at school which include 470,000 victims of theft and 359,000 victims of violence (simple assault and serious violence). In 2009-10, about 74 percent of public schools recorded one or more violent incidents of crime, 16 percent recorded one or more serious violent incidents, and 44 percent recorded one or more thefts.

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/r...

It's gotten worse since 2009-2010.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926387 Jun 17, 2013
WHY DONT WE VALUE BLACK SCIENTISTS AS much as the ball player,the minstrels,the preacher,the gangster,the politician, the stripper,why is the image of the EDUCATED African American not the one celebrated in the community but you accept the images that comes out of hollywood, there was a time when the musicians would not do ads for liqure companies well sell outs are sell outs and are supported by sell outs im glad I sold out way before OBAMA I wouldnt let a SUBURBAN LIBERAL HUSTLER HUSTLE ME lolololol the urban democrats gets PIMPED
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926388 Jun 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The fkn guy wasn't practicing, he worked for the engineering department in a supervisory role, hardhat, truck, shovel, motorola radio, state credit card. He wasn't signing plans you stupid fk.
Most of the state of PA mining engineers of 40 years ago weren't degreed engineers either but inherited the jobs from the dads, uncles etc.
Now go play with your trollmates.
Summary of posts-

RT- I know a person working as an engineer without a license

G- There are fines for doing so

RT- I lied he wasn't a practicing as engineer just working for the engineering dept. See my lying made you a troll.

ROFMAO

RealTime, you are such a complete idiot!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#926389 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Still illegal to call oneself an "Engineer" without being licensed.
It would be legal, however, for his title to be "Supervisor, Engineering Department."
Pull your head out of your azz you stupid fk__auto train engineer, CSX engineer, hotel or building engineer.

I'm done on the subject. You're much too fkn stupid for any honest discussion.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926390 Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
The median wealth of white households is 20 times that of black households. Researchers found that the exact same resume for the exact same job application will get twice as many call-backs for interviews if the name on the resume is “Greg” instead of “Jamal”. School districts spend more on predominantly white schools than predominantly black schools. The fact that black workers earn, on average, 35% less than white workers in the same jobs isn’t erased by the election of an African American president, one who, by the way, openly praises the role of affirmative action in his life and accomplishments.
As for Abigail Fisher, there is ample evidence that she just wasn’t qualified to get into the University of Texas. After all, her grades weren’t that great and the year she applied for UT, admissions there were actually more competitive than Harvard. In its court filings, the University has pointed out that even if Fisher received a point for race, she still wouldn’t have met the threshold for admissions. Yes, it is true that the same year, UT made exceptions and admitted some students with lower grades and test scores than Fisher. Five of those students were black or Latino. Forty-two were white.
AND THEY COME ON TOPIX PRETENDING LIKE THEY ARE EDUMACATED THEY DONT EVEN QUALIFY FOR Affirmative Action
Wealth is created by disciplined saving and investment.

Parents who choose to give their children inappropriate names have only themselves to blame.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#926391 Jun 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understad it's tough being a dumbass Tea Party member but Egypt has not declared war on theUnited States.
The black flag was also adopted by some groups fighting for Libyan rebels not associated with Al Qaeda.
You're an idiot.
President Mohammed Morsi gathered a group of politicians last week who thought they were speaking privately at a parliamentary meeting. They didn't realize they were speaking in the proximity of a hot mike. Magdi Ahmad Hussein, chairman of the Islamic Labor Party, suggested that all present vow not to leak any information to the media, then said this:
"I’m very fond of battles. With the enemies, of course – with America and Israel...."
The president of Egypt is in the room and part of the conversation, you idiot.

You reached way up your ass for this:
"The black flag was also adopted by some groups fighting for Libyan rebels not associated with Al Qaeda."
Bullshit. That black flag is the standard for the Wahhabist war against anything opposed to Wahhabism.
Al Qaeda is merely just one terrorist organization that is part of the Wahhabist network of terrorist organizations... now pay attention here... coordinated by the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Muslim Brotherhood is at war with the United States.
The Muslim Brotherhood has a permenant presence in the White House.
The Muslim Brotherhood controls the government of Egypt.
The Muslim Brotherhood openly discusses their war with the United States when they think they aren't being heard.

So, please tell us why you joined the terrorists in their war against the United States, and are doing the same thing here Obama did when he lied for two weeks trying to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States.
Why are you a terrorist?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#926392 Jun 17, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong liar, all groups both conservative and liberal were subject to the same scrutiny and only progressive groups were denied tax exempt status.
You're an idiot DB!
Let me see-

IRS IG report states that the IRS were targeting groups for having 'Tea Party' or 'Patriot' in their names.

All news media reports the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

FBI investigating the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS.

Yep, Dupont, you are really on top of that story
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926393 Jun 17, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Your sister wanted the office to do her job?
Kids can't learn sitting in an office.
Your sister was just too dumb to handle a child.
Teachers and students just cuss each other out nowadays.

There once was a time when unruly students were sent to the office, taken care off in an expedient manner, and came back to the classroom a bit more humbled and ready to learn. Parents once used to support teachers and educators who cared enough to teach their child what was and was not acceptable behaviors so they would be socially functional in the real world.

But you prefer students and teachers cussing out each other, I know.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926394 Jun 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pull your head out of your azz you stupid fk__auto train engineer, CSX engineer, hotel or building engineer.
I'm done on the subject. You're much too fkn stupid for any honest discussion.
Realtime probably supports physician assistants being called "doctors."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#926395 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Obama and Putin hold a press conference today.
Putin looks more bored than anything.
Because he can't steal from Obama like he did from Kraft.

And that's his 'presidential' look!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926396 Jun 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're dismissing the point . Bush authorized data mining and collection of Americans phone records and internet traffic WITHOUT Congressional approval, oversight ,or any judicial review of the Intelligence-gathering process. Get it now? Or;are you going to argue now that Bush never did those illegal things?
You're dismissing the point. Let's go over this again, for the very, very stupid people in the class. You may need to write this down.

BUSH ISN'T THE PRESIDENT TODAY. BUSH HASN'T BEEN THE PRESIDENT FOR MORE THAN FOUR GODDAM YEARS. OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT TODAY. OBAMA HAS BEEN PRESIDENT FOR MORE THAN FOUR GODDAM YEARS.

So, why is it you're talking about Bush?
RISM didn't exist when Bush was president. And, the Patriot Act which all you Democrats pretended to hate until you could use it, would not allow the unconstitutional spying this excuse for an administration is doing.

So, since it's very obvious this administration is preparing for a large-scale war with the American population, and ignoring the muslim terrorists here while importing nobody knows how many more from Saudi Arabia, and excluding muslims (thus muslimi terrorists) from being spied upon, and is spying wholesale on the non-muslim population....
Tell us who will be the enemy in the war Obama and the administration is preparing for in the United States.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926397 Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:

...the year she applied for UT, admissions there were actually more competitive than Harvard....
Absolute horsecrap.
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#926398 Jun 17, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
The oppressed middle class, with no more money left after taxes finds relief and low prices at Walmart!
Thank's God for Walmart!
PS: Walmart can ONLY sell low thanks to their NON-UNION stand! Looks like NON-UNION is the way to go!
Wrong you vomitous cretin! Wal-Mart keeps their prices low because they buy their goods from countries that pay slave wages and subject their workers to unsafe working conditions and pay their own workers such crap wages that most of them are eligible for food stamps.
Costco also sells goods for low prices and their workers are unionized. This country's economy was at its best when union was more of the norm than the exception before Ronald Reagan cut the legs out from under them and the middle class.
You're an idiot!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926399 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory is that suspending a student for insubordination/bad behavior is a reward for bad behavior.
The theory used to be behavioral problems became the parents' problem if they didn't want their child to have a warm fanny.

If parents had to leave work and take care of their own undisciplined children or figure out what to do with their child after they were suspended for a few days, there'd be a heckuva decrease in disciplinary problems in the public schools.

I guarantee it.

Sending kids to "detention" to get out of the classroom IS a reward.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#926400 Jun 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure can :)
Teachers are made out to be the bad guys anymore.
WE have to get "control" of the students!
Someway, somehow .
Parents are afraid to do much, with Social Services, CPS agents
breathing DOWN their necks!
Government CONTROL again!
Family courts & CPS agents RUINED this country!
It's really not that complicated.

Children respect adults who keep them from pushing the envelope.

It's really that simple.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Bronx, NY

#926401 Jun 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealth is created by disciplined saving and investment.
Parents who choose to give their children inappropriate names have only themselves to blame.
YES true words
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926402 Jun 17, 2013
West Virginia teen now facing year in jail over NRA T-shirt

A West Virginia eighth-grader who was suspended from school for refusing to change his National Rifle Association T-shirt faces up to one year in jail and a $500 fine after being formally charged with obstructing an officer.

Jared Marcum, 14, appeared before a judge Monday and was hit with formal charges that carry a maximum $500 fine and up to a year in jail. The Logan County Police Department initially claimed that Marcum was arrested April 18 for disturbing the education process and obstructing an officer. His father said that officers even went as far as threatening to charge Jared with making terror threats.

"In my view of the facts, Jared didn't do anything wrong," Ben White, Jared's attorney told WTRF. "I think officer Adkins could have done something differently."

Arresting officer James Adkins claimed that Marcum’s refusal to talk obstructed his ability to do his job, while White argued that Adkins never made reference to any violent acts or threats in his petition.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#926403 Jun 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What is it with you republicans that hates democrats so much, but love to travel back in time when your Republican party were the democrats? Hence the phrase " Southern Democrats!" Nowadays, republicans claim turf of most southern states so, just how do you propose that happened? When do you propose that happened? Why did it happen? Why, how, & when did the switch in party lines happen DB? Answer those questions, then you'll realize you're actually talking about the republicans in disgust!
As for the double standard you hold & expect me to also have for the president. It's just that, a double standard! You're still harping about 4 Americans killed in hostile territory &, reapply had no business being there. Anyway, you zip your lips when it comes to the 13 embassies attacked & dozens of people killed under the blind eyes of GWB! Why the double stranded DB?
With me?
I hate the Democratic Party because it built itself on lies and treason, sabotaged the United States during the Cold War, invented a system of lies to dupe the entire country with, helped the communists in their attempt to end our existence, spit on Vietnam veterans, invented a system of lies to slander them with,... I could go on for a long time here.
Why do I hate Democrats? I don't hate all Democrats. I only hate the Democrats that are knowingly trying to take over the country and end the existence of the constitutional republic. I don't hate the Democrat dupes that are ignorant of who they are following and what they are doing.
But, that's history. Let's talk about today.
I hate the Democrats for collapsing our economy for political purposes.
I hate the Democrats for sabotaging the United States in the war the Arabs started on 9/11.
I hate the Democrats for planning a large-scale war against the American people.
I hate the Democrats for putting terrorists in the White House.
I hate the Democrats for importing who knows how many terrorists from Saudi Arabia.
I hate the Democrats for being pathological liars.

... I could go on for a long time here....

You know, the Muslim Brotherhood is at war with the United States. The Muslim Brotherhood has a full-time presence in the White House.
What are the odds that there are treasonous offenses being committed now in the White House that are hanging offenses? Do you think that's possible?

If there are treasonous offenses punishable by hanging being committed in the White House, what are the chances that those people ever plan to leave the White House?
I'll tell you. None.
PDUPONT

Ludlow, MA

#926404 Jun 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The unions are just strong arms of the Democratic Party and liberal administrations.
Teachers' unions set the tone in public schools and there are more liberals running the show.
But Carol, didn't you just blame the administrators for problems in the schools? Last time I looked they weren't union. In the system that my wife works at the city government is Republican and they've allowed the school superintendent to rack up expenses by hiring more administrators and cutting back on teachers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#926405 Jun 17, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong you vomitous cretin! Wal-Mart keeps their prices low because they buy their goods from countries that pay slave wages and subject their workers to unsafe working conditions and pay their own workers such crap wages that most of them are eligible for food stamps.
Costco also sells goods for low prices and their workers are unionized. This country's economy was at its best when union was more of the norm than the exception before Ronald Reagan cut the legs out from under them and the middle class.
You're an idiot!
Walmart keeps prices low by buying in bulk and negotiating aggressively. Their Bounty towels and Pampers diapers come from the same mill in Pennsylvania as the Bounty towels and Pampers diapers in any other store.

The majority of Costco stores are NOT unionized.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 22 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 32 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 45 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago