Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
850,661 - 850,680 of 1,079,878 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Homer. Didn't mean to upset you.
Yes, I was thinking of Marshal Dillon...but with one "l".
Can you ever forgive me?
Absolutely. I forgive you at the end of each and every day.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you "cashed in" all of your benefits (which would have accrued interest and paid at age 60) as so as you found some nut to knock you up cause you didn't really want to be a "professional" any more. Now you've lost you home, paying rent, trying to get SS at age 62, and still looking for work? Sounds like just that 47% "government teat" mentality that all you Grumpy Old Prick ascribe to others while you expect them to pick up the slack for you poor life choices to me...when "martial" law is declared to keep you walking dead from trying to suck the life force out of the working young, it may just look like a Zombie Apocalypse.(BTW, did you know the Civil War was fought to defeat a Vampire takeover from the South? Abe discussed in the Oval Office...lol)
It's amazing how my personal life obsesses you so.

What is your personal financial situation? Anything I need to be concerned about as well?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick a statement and tell us why you disagree with that statement. I'll help you. Here's to post again:
2008 economic collapse was caused by the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program. Here's the history, moron:
1999 Clinton coerces Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to institute nation-wide a subprime loan program for people who cannot possibly pay the loans.
2003 the Republicans give to the Democrats no effective oversight of their Marxist subprime program in exchange for the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq.
January, 2007, Democrats take over all oversight of the institutions that were most instrumental in the economic collapse. The lies from Democrats Dodd and Frank after this oversight began are too numerous to list in a post limited to 4000 words.
After 2 years of oversight by Democrats, the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing loan program collapsed the economy.
Now, do you have another question about the recent history of the United States?
Then, tell us why you pretend to have military experience. I think you're a lying fraud. Were you one of the frauds pretending to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" that slandered real veterans with lies?
Or, are you just not old enough to have done that, haole?
So far you haven't shown why any of your statements are true son.

And since they're your opinions, that's fine. They're real to you in your mind....

... just not in the real world the rest of us live in.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you probably have some serious objections to the constant stream of lies coming out of the White House, right?
What gives muslims a bad name is that they run around the world killing everyone who isn't muslim. Perhaps you've been in a coma the past 40 years.
Good and evil...
Limited government.
Good or evil?
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
Good or evil?
Knowledge & ignorance...
Shall we discuss the Cold War and how the Democrats invented a system of lies to dupe the country with, and how they outright joined the communists and assisted them in their attempt to end the existence of the United States?
You will find that you are completely ignorant.
I'll begin.
Vietnam was one of several proxy wars that were part of the Cold War.
Ho Chi Minh asked the French to return to Vietnam to remove the Chinese who refused to leave after they monitored the removal of the Japanese army. The French brought elections with them.
... the very beginning shows your indoctrinated information to be fraudulent, doesn't it?... it gets worse.
I laughed out loud when I read where you wrote about knowledge and ignorance.
Would you be ignorant of the fact that Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States after the White House watched the real-time video of Al Qaeda killing Americans? No, you wouldn't. For some reason, government lies are oko with you.
There are over a billion Muslims on this planet. And if 'they run around the world killing everyone who isn't muslim' for 'the past 40 years' we'd all be dead by now.

Are you sure they are all bad?

Why did we 'liberate' Iraq then?
Why was Bush holding hands and kissing the Saudi prince? In Saudi Arabia no less the birthplace of Whahhabism.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

A real priest would not hurt someone.
They know God.
Church is the mass.
If a priest is a criminal than he should go to jail.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
criminal offense....
At IRS,'Tea Party' could mean 'liberal,' official says
When front-line tax agents in Cincinnati used the term "tea party," they didn't just mean conservative groups. Instead, a "tea party" case could refer to an application for tax-exemption from any group -- including liberal ones -- believed to be engaging in political activity, one IRS official told congressional investigators.
"Since the first case that came up to Washington happened to have that name, it appeared to me that that's what they were calling it that as a shorthand, because the first case had been that," said Holly Paz, the Internal Revenue Service's director of rulings and agreements. She said "tea party" could mean any political group, just like "Coke" is used as a generic term for soda, or people refer to tissues as "Kleenex."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
so yes, it is a criminal offense to lie to the IRS about your political activities that you try to pass off as tax exempt.
Bottom line....
Opponents of the administration got targetted and stonewalled, and friends of the administration got ushered through.
That is a felony.
So, since the FBI said the case is "solved", who got sent to prison?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>He's just scared 'cause his cover's been blown...I've actually worked at all of them--well, probably thirty acres of horses when I was really young doesn't count--and none of the SS I've paid in will be returned. I might as well be an undocumented worker in some respects.
I don't know about undocumented but as a teacher you certainly are unappreciated at least by the rightwingers.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I can imagine 'the aunt' being a strict disciplinarian and a political 'adviser' in the classroom!
A discipliarian, yes. Maintaining structure in my classroom using rewards as well as consequences, yes. Creating a successful learning environment, yes.

Being asked to be a supervising teacher for a young college intern from a nearby liberal school who could care less about their interns being unleashed on unwitting children, yes.

Political advisor, no. Fifth graders weren't all that interested.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Asked during a live chat on The Guardian's website to respond to U.S. officials who have called him a traitor, Edward Snowden, the self-proclaimed source of recently leaked top secret National Security Agency documents, said he considers it an honor to be called a traitor by the likes of former Vice President Dick Cheney.
"[I]t's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney," Snowden wrote. "This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...
So, the NSA is unconstitutionally spying on the American public, right?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. I forgive you at the end of each and every day.
Thought so...the only reason I can sleep at night.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking PA teachers, as you note:
Thirty-five years service at 2.5% per year = 87.5% of salary
Add SS tax not paid = 7.5% of salary
Add retirement not paid = 6.5% of salary
Add state income tax not paid = 3.1% of salary
Add local income tax not paid = 1.0% of salary
Total retirement pay = 105.6% of net working salary
Then add Social Security on top of that.
But that wouldn't be true for those teachers, instructors and administrators who came into the profession withing the past decade.

Back in the day many state employees understood up front that they would have lower wages than many in other professions but that the bennies and retirement would be far superior. I once posted about how my tea party neighbors had amassed a handsome nest egg through ordinary state union jobs in Janeville WS, her a teacher he a highway engineer of the no degree variety.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
WalMart announces that they will build an additional 53 Neighborhood Markets in Virginia.
In other news the existing Burger King in front of the old Belo's store will be torn down to increase the parking lot size for the Market. The old Rally's, that has been closed for 5 years will be torn down also but a new, bigger Burger King will replace it. This following McDonald's tearing down and rebuilding their outdated store across the street. Good things happening because of WalMart.
Good things like sucking millions out of the local economy that used to go to other stores - some locally owned.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Nichols and his Patriot friend Tim McVeigh spouted the same jibberish you do here.
You SEE where they are NOW, doncha?

Six Feet UNDER.

Dead men CAN NOT tell the TRUTH!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how my personal life obsesses you so.
What is your personal financial situation? Anything I need to be concerned about as well?
Nope.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You just put another nail in Batty Loo's coffin or lies, there, Old Fella', or did you realize that? Young people may be increasingly unhappy with Obama's compromises, but there's no way in hell they'll ever be voting for Grumpy Old Pricks for the next quarter century.
Haven't been in the classroom for more than 20 years. Was in the profession only 11 years. Raised daughter working from home the past 15 years.

Can you remove the nails in my coffin now?

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot wants what the Democrats have planned.
The Democrats are too full of themselves to not doing it, and too ignorant to avoid doing it.
It should be obvious to everyone the Democrats intend to eliminate the Constitution.
It should be obvious the Democrats are preparing for a large-scale war with the American people.
It should be obvious the Democrats' economic agenda will collapse the government.
Just connect the dots to predict the future.
I do believe we will fight another war over the principles of limited government and individual liberty in this country. The Democrats think so, too. That's why Janet Napolitano is buying more weaponry than 90 percent of the countries in the world have.
DO IT!!!!!!!

Quit threatening armed insurrection & just do it,.

You Tea Party people are all mouth, no guts.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A discipliarian, yes. Maintaining structure in my classroom using rewards as well as consequences, yes. Creating a successful learning environment, yes.
Being asked to be a supervising teacher for a young college intern from a nearby liberal school who could care less about their interns being unleashed on unwitting children, yes.
Political advisor, no. Fifth graders weren't all that interested.
You called student teachers interns??? How very blue dress of you...I've never heard anyone do that, but, unlike the Grumpy Old Pricks here, I can't claim to know everything about everyone everywhere ever...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't been in the classroom for more than 20 years. Was in the profession only 11 years. Raised daughter working from home the past 15 years.
Can you remove the nails in my coffin now?
Is your daughter still 25? Your math still eludes me a bit...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Fascists like Obama would deny folks their Constitutional rights based on their political beliefs is exactly why gun confiscation legislation failed. The IRS scandal is proof.
?!?!?!?!?!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about undocumented but as a teacher you certainly are unappreciated at least by the rightwingers.
That's the only reason teachers today want more money, Homer. They are underappreciated and held accountable for everything under the sun without the liberal seat warmers in the office giving a damn about anything except their retirement and not being sued. That's the God's honest truth.

It's even worse today than it was two decades ago when the seat warmers in my schools didn't give a damn even back then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min RACE 97,532
Abby July 25, 2014 10 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min LRS 174,624
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Terry rigsby 48,905
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 30 min RACE 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min TRD 67,940
Amy 7-24 1 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 14 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••