Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
850,461 - 850,480 of 1,083,778 Comments Last updated 44 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like repeating the same lies about Obama that some azzhole started in 2008?
so i bet you, and all of the rest of you brainless right wingers can't wait for World War Z to hit the theaters.
Nobody knows the truth about Obama, whose entire life before 2004 is shrouded in mystery.
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you don't get it.
The AP was targeted because it had received classified information from someone divulging things they shouldn't. They were looking for info on the leaker.
The black flag is not the symbol of just Al Qaeda & terrorism. The Libyan freedom group used that same flag. This probably will be a shock but Libya was just starting to recover from a civil war. It was dangerous place.
Sluuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrp it up duhmmy.

And you're wasting your time, because SOME of us actually live in a world where we can READ AND Think-for OURSELVES!!!

Imagine THAT!

"OMG".

How OLD are those Arrowsmith guys these days anyway.

Gaw--spawrkle spawrkle gwitter gwitter lol.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> So why was Bush recorded as saying he thinks what is going on regarding the (my words) witch hunts/scandals is by the letter of the law? He also said the threats as in terrorist attacks still exist & without screening phone records & connecting the dots, the chances of another 9/11 increase drastically. Without PRISM, we have a bunch of Boston bombings in which you all blame the president for. Can't have it both ways.
Consider that in the early 1960s, about 20 percent of black children and just 2 to 3 percent of white children were born to unmarried mothers, while the rate of unwed Hispanic births was somewhere in between.
By 2009, nearly 75 percent of black births, 53 percent of Hispanic births and 29 percent of white births were outside of marriage, according to the report.
A decline in marriage rates has followed the same path. In 1960, more than half of all black women were married, along with more than 66 percent of Hispanic and white women. By 2010, just 25 percent of black women, 40 percent of Hispanic women and half of white women were married.
“That the decline of traditional families occurred across racial and ethnic groups indicates that factors driving the decline do not lie solely within the black community, but in the larger social and economic context,” the report finds.
Acs said that the Moynihan report’s main conclusion about the importance of traditional families has been vindicated by research that shows children from two-parent families typically fare better educationally, financially and emotionally.
“Family structure is important,” he said.“Fathers do matter.”
To improve prospects for struggling black families, the report calls for reducing structural barriers to black economic progress, enhancing the incentives for working in the mainstream economy and improving family dynamics.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Comment withdrawn after further review.
Here-have a (one tough) hard shelled bean lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A man who has sex with a male child is either bisexual or homosexual.
Legalization of pedophilia is next on the homosexual agenda.
Maybe on the agendas of twisted and warped-but I don't think that'd work in the legal world.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

HOW VERY stupid is it that some people on the board cant even see that BUSH is no LONGER THE PRESIDENT OR REAGAN OR CLINTON OR CARTER why cant we speak about the current without blaming former presidents is OBAMA not A GROWN UP PRESIDENT IS HE A CHILD PRESIDENT, how can they make any argument when they cant be OBJECTIVE OBAMA IS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING and anything that is wrong someone else is to blame well put bush back in office at least he took responsiblity, SYRIA SAME LIES AS IRAQ
LCN Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
THIS IS FOR THE POLLSTERS CNN Poll: Majority Doesn't Trust Obama, Approval Rating Suffers Severe Drop President Barack Obama’s approval rating dropped a shocking 8 percentage points over the last month -- one of sharpest, fastest plunges in his presidency, according to a new CNN poll released early Monday morning.
For the first time in Obama's time in office, more than half of the public doesn’t feel that the president is honest and trustworthy, the CNN/ORC International poll showed.
Specifically, Obama's approval rating stands at 45 percent, down from 53 percent in mid-May, CNN reported. A shocking 54 percent of respondents told pollsters they disapprove of how Obama is handling his job. That was up 9 points in just a month.
Oh...President Obama won't be reelected .

Republican House approval is in single digits.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
A gallon-sized jar of whole pickles is something to behold. The jar is the size of a small aquarium. The fat green pickles, floating in swampy juice, look reptilian, their shapes exaggerated by the glass. It weighs 12 pounds, too big to carry with one hand. The gallon jar of pickles is a display of abundance and excess; it is entrancing, and also vaguely unsettling. This is the product that Wal-Mart fell in love with: Vlasic's gallon jar of pickles.
Wal-Mart priced it at $2.97--a year's supply of pickles for less than $3! "They were using it as a 'statement' item," says Pat Hunn, who calls himself the "mad scientist" of Vlasic's gallon jar. "Wal-Mart was putting it before consumers, saying, This represents what Wal-Mart's about. You can buy a stinkin' gallon of pickles for $2.97. And it's the nation's number-one brand."
Therein lies the basic conundrum of doing business with the world's largest retailer. By selling a gallon of kosher dills for less than most grocers sell a quart, Wal-Mart may have provided a ser-vice for its customers. But what did it do for Vlasic? The pickle maker had spent decades convincing customers that they should pay a premium for its brand. Now Wal-Mart was practically giving them away. And the fevered buying spree that resulted distorted every aspect of Vlasic's operations, from farm field to factory to financial statement.
Indeed, as Vlasic discovered, the real story of Wal-Mart, the story that never gets told, is the story of the pressure the biggest retailer relentlessly applies to its suppliers in the name of bringing us "every day low prices." It's the story of what that pressure does to the companies Wal-Mart does business with, to U.S. manufacturing, and to the economy as a whole. That story can be found floating in a gallon jar of pickles at Wal-Mart.
http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you...
I wonder how many gallons Flack has at his house?
I'm begging you all please stop shopping at Wal-Mart and slowly killing the U.S.A.
Homer conveniently eliminated the fact that these events occurred in the 1990s. Homer apparently reads the same dead tree news as Bocajew Jean, delivered by carrier pigeon.

Keep up, Homer.
LCN Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows the truth about Obama, whose entire life before 2004 is shrouded in mystery.
Kenya
Kenya
Kenya
Kenya
Kenya
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

LCN Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sky is falling..." said Chicken Little
...lets nominate a Morman who makes video tapes!
LOL
Yeah, I can see your point. A successful buisnessman who had a "sterling record" according to the former Democratic president and who actually led something - like the governor of a state - would definitely be the less desirable choice because of his personal beliefs than someone who leads by default and flies by the seat of his pants creating an unprecedented lack of trust in government, the likes of which we have never seen before.

You da' man, Lincoln. Good job with your amazingly accurate means of deducing any situation...<tongue in cheek>...
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Every time they compare obama to BUSH they are really saying obama SUCKS just like BUSH
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Comment withdrawn after further review.
You can't do that. Keep fighting, never withdraw.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

It's the first time in CNN polling since November 2011 that a majority of Americans have had a negative view of the president, CNN reported.

The severe drop in Obama's approval rating was fueled by a sharp 17-point drop among Americans under 30, according to the poll. That's particularly discouraging heading into 2014 because Democrats have felt they have a lock on the youth vote after the 2012 elections.

"The drop in Obama's support is fueled by a dramatic 17-point decline over the past month among people under 30, who, along with black Americans, had been the most loyal part of the Obama coalition," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said.

The president also dropped 10 points among independent voters, from 47 percent last month to 37 percent. Obama's disapproval among independents jumped 12 points to 61 percent. Again, more bad news for Democrats because those independents are especially important in mid-term elections in which older, more conservative Americans predominate.

The network pointed to several major scandals as evidence for the drop.

"The White House has been under siege over telephone and Internet surveillance, the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups, its handling of the terror attack on the U.S. consular post in Benghazi, Libya, and the Justice Department's collecting journalists' phone records as part of the government's investigation into leaks of classified information," CNN reported.

"It is clear that revelations about NSA surveillance programs have damaged Obama's standing with the public, although older controversies like the IRS matter may have begun to take their toll as well," Holland told the network.The president's approval rating on domestic issues like the economy, immigration and the deficit dropped by 2 to 4 points,
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you want me to use leap of faith reasoning so that i'll just believe whatever you say?
i was just kidding about me using right wing leap of faith reasoning, so you're going to have to point out the errors. i'll need all sources cited, with any fact checking sources to also be supplied so that i don't have to do it myself.
get busy.
I told you where to find the info- Wikipedia.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So, now you're going to believe the Russians ? In communist Russia, anyone who claims his right of free speech is 'radicalized'. In America, a person's right to free speech is protected by the government,even yours,--understand the difference between a democratic country and a dictatorial one now?
We are a republic (government of laws) not a democracy(government of people).
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We know more about Obama than any other person on this planet.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

LCN Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
A SHI**Y ENDING TO A SHI**Y PRESIDENCY no change things really got worst under obama he was just one big let down PHONY just one mans opinion
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

LCN Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Very few of the seats are in jeopardy. Including large pops from major Liberal urban areas in polls does not address local leanings.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! Carol's on one her PC, anti union, anti liberal rants again.
There seems to be a pattern going on here. What we know about Carol is that she says that she was a history teacher and I have no reason to dispute this. We also know from her numerous posts that her take on history is to put it kindly, unique.
So maybe, and I'm just posing the possibility, that good old Carol tried to lay her "unique" version of history on her students, got nailed for it and the union didn't back her up.
Just speculating here.
What's even funnier about your "assessment" of me "laying my unique version" of American history on my fifth grade students is universities are now liberal brainwashing institutions - and you're okay with that.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
Every time they compare obama to BUSH they are really saying obama SUCKS just like BUSH
I know.

They also are saying NSA sucks despite their efforts to defend it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 33 min andet1987 4,592
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
The Best Investment Advice Of All Time 2 hr Chan 1
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes 3 hr Chan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 477
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr andet1987 1,198
Amy 7-30 4 hr pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 175,138
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters